NEW HORIZONS PLUTO LIVESTREAM!

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First of all, I just want to apologize how rushed this thread is. I totally wanted something more epic, but the some rough personal issues plus the untimely passing of Satoru Iwata have sorta had me paralyzed. I will be updating this thread later with tons of cool stuff, I just need some more time to mourn before I go into hyperdrive.

With that out of the way, lets get to something wonderful and positive! NEW HORIZONS FLIES BY PLUTO TODAY!

The livestream starts at 7:30 AM EST, ends at 9 AM EST, and there will be further coverage at 8:30 PM-10PM EST. This isn't the only day of coverage either, but I'll get more into detail about that later!

You can find more info about NASA's schedule here!

HERE'S THE LIVESTREAM ON NASA TV!

In the words of Mario...

HERE WE GO!

Last edited:
Holy shit I was six when this probe was launched and I watched a video with my dad of the rocket taking off. Finally seeing Pluto is both incredible and somewhat nostalgic for me.

"FINALLY SOME RECOGNITION FROM YOU LOWLY PLANET DWELLERS"

Great. That's only an artist's rendering, Pluto's largest moon Charon rises over the frozen south pole surface of Pluto, casting a faint silvery luminescence across the distant planetary landscape. It's wonderful, it's so far away...

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sadly missed the stream, but I got some stuff to share from Nasa's website! And boy... its a doozey!

First of all, lets take a closer look at Pluto

These are some Mountains. However, these mountains hide a shocking secret: they're only about... 100 MILLION YEARS OLD?!

HOLY SHIT! THAT IS YOUNG AS FUCK!

You guys know what that means? That means Pluto is probably GEOLOGICALLY ACTIVE! HOLY FUCK!

I have NO FUCKING CLUE how that's possible. This isn't like say, Europa who has big brother Jupiter to get it going with tidal heating. So there has to be another reason its geologically active... a totally new way we've never seen before! I believe radiation has been suggested as a possible example. What a shock!

Next up is an up close picture of the 2nd half of the Pluto binary system, the moon Charon!

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

WHERE ARE THE CRATERS?! I BARELY SEE ANY!

YEP THAT'S RIGHT, CHARON IS ALSO GEOLOGICALLY ACTIVE!!

I was totally shocked when I saw this image, and reading NASA's description only confirmed my suspicions!

My god, this is so fucking awesome. I never would have expected Pluto to potentially be geologically active, let alone CHARON! Dude there could be Plutoquakes and Charonquakes! Get on it gamefreak make them into broken ass Uber moves imo. Give us Zygarde-Pluto and Zygarde-Charon!

And last but not least, here's a sneak peak at one of Pluto's smaller moons, Hydra!

Dawww, isn't that cute? I don't know why, but I find non spherical moons to be adorable. It's a blurry pic for now, but we'll be getting better pictures soon!

If pluto has some form of geological activity then is it also possible that it has a subsurface ocean?

It's likely some interaction between Pluto and Charon that causes the geological activity to me.

Loving all the pictures, Pluto will always be planet #9 to me, it's a joy seeing what it finally looks like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)