Delcatty

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
QC: Galbia
GP: The Dutch Plumberjack / Weebl

[OVERVIEW]

Great, another cat on the internet. In this cat's case, Delcatty is terrible in every sense of the word, and that's saying something. Sure, it may look cute and adorable, but outside of its looks, anything it tries to do is just done better by other Pokemon. Its stats also back this up, as the only thing that stands out about them is how bad they are.

[SET]
name: Delcatty Got Your Tongue?
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Calm Mind
move 3: Hyper Voice
move 4: Baton Pass
item: Leftovers
ability: Wonder Skin
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

This is the best that Delcatty can try to achieve, even though it is better done by Girafarig, of all things. What does set Delcatty apart from the giraffe is Wonder Skin, which makes status moves have only a 50% chance of hitting Delcatty, meaning that it can set up Substitute or Calm Mind in the face of Taunt users such as Grumpig and Misdreavus with few worries, though it still isn't saying much. Hyper Voice gives Delcatty a chance to do some sort of damage, though the amount it does will be miniscule without many boosts. Baton Pass passes along any boosts Delcatty gets —if it gets the chance to, because who would allow this to set up— to a teammate to take advantage of the extra power it receives. Shadow Ball can be used for coverage against Ghost-types such as Misdreavus and Gourgeist, which are immune to Hyper Voice, but to be honest, Delcatty shouldn't even bother trying to attack them.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in HP and Defense gives Delcatty some "bulk." 56 EVs in Speed could be run to allow Delcatty to outspeed fully invested base 45s, such as Golem. Leftovers gives Delcatty passive recovery, while Wonder Skin gives it a chance to set up against users of Taunt, Roar, and Whirlwind, as they only have a 50% chance of hitting.

Usage Tips
========

Set up Substitute against Pokemon Delcatty can force out such as... Uh... Hmm... Give me a minute, I'll think of something. Actually, who am I kidding? It can't set up on anything; let's be real here, people. If you really want to use Delcatty, first come to terms with what you're trying to accomplish by doing so. Then, look at yourself in the mirror, and smack yourself for thinking to use Delcatty in the first place. You want to use the worst fully evolved Pokemon ever. Let that sink in for a minute. What's wrong with you? You really want to make Delcatty work in the worst way possible. It's next to impossible, and if you want give the cat any real use, here's a great suggestion. Don't bother, because it isn't worth the effort or the time at all.

Team Options
========

Is your cat being stubborn and disobedient? Well, you could always show it the door and kick it off your team because it has no reason being on there to begin with. However, if you can't live without the cat, Pokemon that can take advantage of the boosts from Calm Mind, such as Poliwrath and Kadabra, will do.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

You could opt to take advantage of Normalize, which turns all of Delcatty's moves into Normal-type moves, and run Thunder Wave to paralyze Ground-types, but it isn't worth it at all. If you wish your cat were better, Wish and Heal Bell can turn it into a "purrfect" cleric. Too bad Lickilicky can do this so much better. You could also try an offensive Calm Mind attacking set without Baton Pass, if you're bold or just plain dumb.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fully Evolved Pokemon**: Do I really need to make a list here? Let's be honest, and take your pick. Stoutland, Simipour, Ursaring, Poliwrath— you get the idea. Anything that can take a hit from it or from the recipient of Delcatty's boosts can make quick work of Delcatty and all nine of its lives in one blow.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove
add (Capitalize / fix)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
[OVERVIEW]

Great, another cat on the internet. In this cat's case, Delcatty is terrible in every sense of the word, and that's (apostrophe) saying something. Sure, (AC) it may look cute and adorable, but outside of its looks, (AC) anything it tries to do is just done better by other Pokemon. Its stats also backs this up, (AC) as the only thing that stands out about them is how bad they are.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

This is the best Delcatty can try to achieve, (AC) even though this is better done by Girafarig of all things. (optional, but if we're being harsh anyway, why not) What does make set Delcatty different apart from the giraffe is Wonder Skin, (AC) which makes status moves have only a 50% chance of hitting Delcatty, meaning that it can set up Substitute or Calm Mind in the face of Taunt users such as Grumpig and Misdreavus with little few worries, (AC) though it still isn't saying much. Hyper Voice gives Delcatty a chance to do some sort of damage, though the amount it does will be miniscule without many boosts. Baton Pass passes along any boosts Delcatty gets&mdash(if it gets the chance to; (SC) who would allow this to set up)&mdash(remove brackets and space, brackets look kinda ew) to a teammate to take advantage of the extra power it recieves receives. Shadow Ball can be used for coverage against Ghost-types such as Misdreavus and Gourgeist, (AC) which is are immune to Hyper Voice, but to be honest, (AC) Delcatty shouldn't even bother trying to attack them.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in HP and Defense gives Delcatty some "bulk". 56 EVs in Speed could be run to allow Delcatty to outspeed max speed fully invested base 45s, (AC) such as Golem and Armaldo. Leftovers gives Delcatty passive recovery, while Wonder Skin gives it a chance to set up against users of Taunt, Roar, and Whirlwind, (AC) as they only have a 50% chance of hitting.

Usage Tips
========

Set up Substitute against Pokemon Delcatty can force out such as... Uh... Hmm... Give me a minute, (AC) I'll think of something. Actually, (AC) who am I kidding. (period) It can't set up on anything; (SC) let's be real here, (AC) people. If you really want to use Delcatty, first come to terms with what you're trying to do here. Then, (AC) look at yourself in the mirror, (AC) and smack yourself for thinking this in the first place. You want to use the worst fully evolved (or probably just 'evolved' because Luvdisc exists) Pokemon ever. Let that sink in for a minute. What's wrong with you? You really want to make Delcatty work in the worst way possible. It's next to impossible, (AC) and if you want give the cat any real use, then here's a great suggestion. Don't bother, (AC) cause because it isn't worth the effort or the time at all.

Team Options
========

Is your cat being stubborn and disobedient? (question mark) Well, (AC) you could always show it the door and kick it off your team because it has no reason being on there to begin with. However, (AC) if you can't live the without the cat, then Pokemon such as Poliwrath and Kadabra that can take advantage of the boosts from Calm Mind, (AC) such as Poliwrath and Kadabra, (AC) will do.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

You could opt to take advantage of Normalize, (AC) which turns all of Delcatty's moves into Normal-type moves, (AC) and run Thunder Wave to paralyze Ground- and Electric types Ground-types, (Electric-types can't be paralyzed period) but it isn't worth it at all. If you wish your cat was were better, then Wish and Heal Bell can turn it into a "purrfect" cleric. Too bad Lickilicky can do this so much better. You could also try an offensive Calm Mind attacking set without Baton Pass

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fully Evolved Pokemon**: Do I really need to make a list here? Let's be honest, (AC) and take your pick. Stoutland, Simipour, Ursaring, Poliwrath, you get the idea. Anything that can take a hit from it or from the recipient of Delcatty's boosts can make quick work of Delcatty and all nine of its lives in one blow.

GP 1/2

Last edited:

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
remove
add (Capitalize / fix)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
[OVERVIEW]

Great, another cat on the internet. In this cat's case, Delcatty is terrible in every sense of the word, and that's (apostrophe) saying something. Sure, (AC) it may look cute and adorable, but outside of its looks, (AC) anything it tries to do is just done better by other Pokemon. Its stats also backs this up, (AC) as the only thing that stands out about them is how bad they are.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

This is the best Delcatty can try to achieve, (AC) even though this is better done by Girafarig of all things. (optional, but if we're being harsh anyway, why not) What does make set Delcatty different apart from the giraffe is Wonder Skin, (AC) which makes status moves have only a 50% chance of hitting Delcatty, meaning that it can set up Substitute or Calm Mind in the face of Taunt users such as Grumpig and Misdreavus with little few worries, (AC) though it still isn't saying much. Hyper Voice gives Delcatty a chance to do some sort of damage, though the amount it does will be miniscule without many boosts. Baton Pass passes along any boosts Delcatty gets&mdash(if it gets the chance to; (SC) who would allow this to set up)&mdash(remove brackets and space, brackets look kinda ew) to a teammate to take advantage of the extra power it recieves receives. Shadow Ball can be used for coverage against Ghost-types such as Misdreavus and Gourgeist, (AC) which is are immune to Hyper Voice, but to be honest, (AC) Delcatty shouldn't even bother trying to attack them.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in HP and Defense gives Delcatty some "bulk". 56 EVs in Speed could be run to allow Delcatty to outspeed max speed fully invested base 45s, (AC) such as Golem and Armaldo. Leftovers gives Delcatty passive recovery, while Wonder Skin gives it a chance to set up against users of Taunt, Roar, and Whirlwind, (AC) as they only have a 50% chance of hitting.

Usage Tips
========

Set up Substitute against Pokemon Delcatty can force out such as... Uh... Hmm... Give me a minute, (AC) I'll think of something. Actually, (AC) who am I kidding. (period) It can't set up on anything; (SC) let's be real here, (AC) people. If you really want to use Delcatty, first come to terms with what you're trying to do here. Then, (AC) look at yourself in the mirror, (AC) and smack yourself for thinking this in the first place. You want to use the worst fully evolved (or probably just 'evolved' because Luvdisc exists) Pokemon ever. Let that sink in for a minute. What's wrong with you? You really want to make Delcatty work in the worst way possible. It's next to impossible, (AC) and if you want give the cat any real use, then here's a great suggestion. Don't bother, (AC) cause because it isn't worth the effort or the time at all.

Team Options
========

Is your cat being stubborn and disobedient? (question mark) Well, (AC) you could always show it the door and kick it off your team because it has no reason being on there to begin with. However, (AC) if you can't live the without the cat, then Pokemon such as Poliwrath and Kadabra that can take advantage of the boosts from Calm Mind, (AC) such as Poliwrath and Kadabra, (AC) will do.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

You could opt to take advantage of Normalize, (AC) which turns all of Delcatty's moves into Normal-type moves, (AC) and run Thunder Wave to paralyze Ground- and Electric types Ground-types, (Electric-types can't be paralyzed period) but it isn't worth it at all. If you wish your cat was were better, then Wish and Heal Bell can turn it into a "purrfect" cleric. Too bad Lickilicky can do this so much better. You could also try an offensive Calm Mind attacking set without Baton Pass

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fully Evolved Pokemon**: Do I really need to make a list here? Let's be honest, (AC) and take your pick. Stoutland, Simipour, Ursaring, Poliwrath, you get the idea. Anything that can take a hit from it or from the recipient of Delcatty's boosts can make quick work of Delcatty and all nine of its lives in one blow.

GP 1/2
Implemented. Thanks The Dutch Plumberjack.

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
:P
[OVERVIEW]

Great, another cat on the internet. In this cat's case, Delcatty is terrible in every sense of the word, and that's saying something. Sure, it may look cute and adorable, but outside of its looks, anything it tries to do is just done better by other Pokemon. Its stats also backs this up, as the only thing that stands out about them is how bad they are.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

This is the best that Delcatty can try to achieve, even though this it is better done by Girafarig, (AC) of all things. What does set Delcatty apart from the giraffe is Wonder Skin, (AC) which makes status moves have only have a 50% chance of hitting Delcatty, meaning that it can set up Substitute or Calm Mind in the face of Taunt users such as Grumpig and Misdreavus with few worries, though it still isn't saying much. Hyper Voice gives Delcatty a chance to do some sort of damage, though the amount it does will be miniscule without many boosts. Baton Pass passes along any boosts Delcatty gets -—(The HTML entity for the em dash)if it gets the chance to, because who would allow this to set up- —to a teammate to take advantage of the extra power it receives. Shadow Ball can be used for coverage against Ghost-types such as Misdreavus and Gourgeist, which are immune to Hyper Voice, but to be honest, Delcatty shouldn't even bother trying to attack them.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in HP and Defense gives Delcatty some "bulk"." (move apostrophe) 56 EVs in Speed could be run to allow Delcatty to outspeed fully invested base 45s, such as Golem. Leftovers gives Delcatty passive recovery, while Wonder Skin gives it a chance to set up against users of Taunt, Roar, and Whirlwind, as they only have a 50% chance of hitting.

Usage Tips
========

Set up Substitute against Pokemon Delcatty can force out such as... Uh... Hmm... Give me a minute, I'll think of something. Actually, who am I kidding,? (question mark) It can't set up on anything; let's be real here, people. If you really want to use Delcatty, first come to terms with what you're trying to accomplish by doing so do here. (here doesn't really fit imo. so here's my suggestion) Then, look at yourself in the mirror, and smack yourself for thinking this to use Delcatty in the first place. You want to use the worst fully evolved Pokemon ever. Let that sink in for a minute. What's wrong with you? You really want to make Delcatty work in the worst way possible. It's next to impossible, and if you want give the cat any real use, here's a great suggestion. Don't bother, (AC) because it isn't worth the effort or the time at all.

Team Options
========

Is your cat being stubborn and disobedient? Well, you could always show it the door and kick it off your team because it has no reason being on there to begin with. However, if you can't live without the cat, Pokemon that can take advantage of the boosts from Calm Mind, such as Poliwrath and Kadabra, will do.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

You could opt to take advantage of Normalize, which turns all of Delcatty's moves into Normal-type moves, and run Thunder Wave to paralyze Ground-types, but it isn't worth it at all. If you wish your cat were better, Wish and Heal Bell can turn it into a "purrfect" cleric. Too bad Lickilicky can do this so much better. You could also try an offensive Calm Mind attacking set without Baton Pass, if you're bold or just plain dumb.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fully Evolved Pokemon**: Do I really need to make a list here? Let's be honest, and take your pick. Stoutland, Simipour, Ursaring, Poliwrath, —you get the idea. Anything that can take a hit from it or from the recipient of Delcatty's boosts can make quick work of Delcatty and all nine of its lives in one blow.
GP 2/2

TONE

:P
[OVERVIEW]

Great, another cat on the internet. In this cat's case, Delcatty is terrible in every sense of the word, and that's saying something. Sure, it may look cute and adorable, but outside of its looks, anything it tries to do is just done better by other Pokemon. Its stats also backs this up, as the only thing that stands out about them is how bad they are.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

This is the best that Delcatty can try to achieve, even though this it is better done by Girafarig, (AC) of all things. What does set Delcatty apart from the giraffe is Wonder Skin, (AC) which makes status moves have only have a 50% chance of hitting Delcatty, meaning that it can set up Substitute or Calm Mind in the face of Taunt users such as Grumpig and Misdreavus with few worries, though it still isn't saying much. Hyper Voice gives Delcatty a chance to do some sort of damage, though the amount it does will be miniscule without many boosts. Baton Pass passes along any boosts Delcatty gets -—(The HTML entity for the em dash)if it gets the chance to, because who would allow this to set up- —to a teammate to take advantage of the extra power it receives. Shadow Ball can be used for coverage against Ghost-types such as Misdreavus and Gourgeist, which are immune to Hyper Voice, but to be honest, Delcatty shouldn't even bother trying to attack them.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in HP and Defense gives Delcatty some "bulk"." (move apostrophe) 56 EVs in Speed could be run to allow Delcatty to outspeed fully invested base 45s, such as Golem. Leftovers gives Delcatty passive recovery, while Wonder Skin gives it a chance to set up against users of Taunt, Roar, and Whirlwind, as they only have a 50% chance of hitting.

Usage Tips
========

Set up Substitute against Pokemon Delcatty can force out such as... Uh... Hmm... Give me a minute, I'll think of something. Actually, who am I kidding,? (question mark) It can't set up on anything; let's be real here, people. If you really want to use Delcatty, first come to terms with what you're trying to accomplish by doing so do here. (here doesn't really fit imo. so here's my suggestion) Then, look at yourself in the mirror, and smack yourself for thinking this to use Delcatty in the first place. You want to use the worst fully evolved Pokemon ever. Let that sink in for a minute. What's wrong with you? You really want to make Delcatty work in the worst way possible. It's next to impossible, and if you want give the cat any real use, here's a great suggestion. Don't bother, (AC) because it isn't worth the effort or the time at all.

Team Options
========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fully Evolved Pokemon**: Do I really need to make a list here? Let's be honest, and take your pick. Stoutland, Simipour, Ursaring, Poliwrath, —you get the idea. Anything that can take a hit from it or from the recipient of Delcatty's boosts can make quick work of Delcatty and all nine of its lives in one blow.
GP 2/2
Thanks for the check Weebl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)