XY OU TheCamelBoy OU team

So here I have an interesting team with some strange EV spreads and movepools that I would like to share and improve upon, though keeping the current formula would be nice. Here it is:

Breloom (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Swords Dance

A mid-to-late game sweeper or perhaps even a crippler if it can't touch the opponent's Pokémon, Breloom is one of the best Pokémon in the metagame. I can use Spore to cripple one Pokémon at a time, and if I get the prediction just right, I can remove a major threat. Bullet Seed and Mach Punch are dual stab moves that take advantage of Technician, and Mach Punch gets through faster things. Focus Sash to ensure I live a turn if I don't outspeed, and Swords Dance over Rock Tomb because I get way more sweeps with it this way.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

This Heatran set comes in great handy and surprises a great deal of people. Heatran as a special attacker is not uncommon, but they generally have Choice Scarf. However, I prefer Air Balloon because it lets me switch into ground attacks for a while, and even makes an opponent waste a turn to break it. I run speed EVs to ensure I outspeed some things I wouldn't otherwise, like bulky Landorus-T or bulky Garchomp. Other Heatrans are generally outsped as well, which is quite nice for hitting them with Earth Power and dealing most of their health (or all if they don't run specially defensive). My only real grievance with this set is not having Hidden Power-Ice, but I don't know which move to replace. Fire Blast and Earth Power are pretty necessary, so it's one of the other two. However, Flash Cannon is a strong secondary STAB option, while I need Ancientpower to hit Rotom-Wash or Charizard-Mega-Y (and Heatran is my usual switch-in to Charizard if it hasn't revealed itself as Mega-X). Let me know which of the two I should lose.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Psyshock

The special tank and cleric of my team, Jirachi is a pain to KO. With 100 base HP and Sp.Def, it just refuses to die to special attacks, and can even take a couple physical attacks if they're not super-effective (I'm looking at you, Earthquake). Wish and Protect just extend its longevity, and can heal my teammates to extend theirs. Naturally, it's also my main pivot because it can cause the rest of my team to be fully healed when they switch into a Wish it set up. Psyshock ensures that I'm not complete Taunt-bait. Toxic is the wildcard, and since I couldn't think of anything better to do with it, I just decided to stall things out with my insane durability. Let me know if you can think of a better move to fill the spot.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Keldeo is a solid revenge killer, and can even sweep late-game when the opponent's team has been weakened. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword are my main and secondary STAB attacks, respectively. Icy Wind is because Keldeo can't learn Ice Beam, and the drop in 5 power for a drop in the opponent's speed stat is a trade-off I'm willing to make, which is why I use it instead of Hidden Power-Ice. Scald is my wildcard move, since I couldn't think of anything else, but it's nice to have a higher-accuracy Water-type move when I don't need so much power, and the burn chance is quite helpful at crippling certain walls and sweepers.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Defog

The main physical wall of my team and the hazard support. I like to use it mid-to-late game when the opponent has nothing left to set hazards with. I clear out any that they set up earlier and bring in my own. With its natural bulk, it can still tank several hits without defense EVs, so I instead gave it attack EVs to jack up its damage output to ridiculous amounts. The movepool and ability are pretty standard, and I went with Leftovers over Rocky Helmet because I use Brave Bird. I picked Brave Bird over Whirlwind because I didn't want to be complete Taunt-bait, and because it hits really hard with those attack investments.

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Thunder Punch

The most potent sweeper on my team, Lopunny is just a killer. I like to send it in if I see a Thunderwave incoming (considering I haven't mega evolved yet). It has completely insane damage output, and a movepool that covers many types. I chose Thunderpunch as my wildcard because it enables me to hit everything at least neutrally, and because I had a Fire-type move and Ice-type move on my other Pokémon. Plus, people don't see it coming and make bad switches because of it. I use High Jump Kick over Drain Punch because I prefer to do ridiculous damage over increasing my longevity. Besides, I can predict a protect well enough that I will not use High Jump Kick on that, so I only hurt myself when I miss, which isn't too often. Also, it pretty much outspeeds and OHKOs everything, so once again, longevity is not as important. I use Frustration over Return in case I run into a rouge Ditto.

So I only have 4 real concerns with this team, and if you guys can fix them, the rest should be minor adjustments. Anyway, what I need fixed are as follows: Heatran needs to lose either Flash Cannon or Ancientpower for Hidden Power-Ice, I need a better move for Jirachi's last move than Toxic, I need a good way to deal with Landorus-T, and all of my Pokémon work well mid-to-late game, so I need a better option for early game.

Thanks for the help!

Hi pretty decent team , there are a few flaws in this team but I will try to fix them.
  • First of all use the standard jirachi set , Iron head > Psyshock u have to take advantage of your ability and the role of your jirachi is to counter mega Gardevoir so u have to add a move to hit it hard also I think Thunder Wave > Toxic , you can also counter non earthquake Mega Metagross(generally hammer arm is used over Earthquake) , so u need something to hit it or atleast paralyze it, u can even try fire punch over protect , but u need protect for wish recovery more safely.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave / Toxic / Body slam
- Wish
- Protect / Fire Punch
- Iron head

• Actually your Skarmory set isn't viable and I don't think u need Skarmory . Your team is weak to Charizard Y and Keldeo(Water types in general) Charizard Y + Keldeo core can cause trouble to you so i think Latios or Latias over Skarmory works.
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock

Or
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost / Healing Wish
- Psyshock

• At last I think you are still weak to Charizard X and Mega Pinsir , so Hippowdon Over Heatran works but u will losse fire stab , this change isn't that great but u can test this change out.
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stone edge / Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Or
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stone edge / Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

You mentioned that you r quite weak to lando-t , but u got keldeo to deal with lando-t also u can try switching thunder punch with ice punch on Loppuny also Latinos can deal with the bulky varainat of Lando-t. Thats all try these changes and give feedback , Good Luck for future battles and Have a Nice day...

Last edited:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi TheCamelBoy! Your team isnt bad at all however there are various fix that we could make to make it work better in this metagame! Your team looks very weak to different pokemons, such as Manectric, Thundurus, Charizard X, Charizard Y, Azumarill (Rkillable only with breloom, if drum)....
So for this reason the fix Charilax Blaster proposed (one of those latwins and Hippowdon) work really well, but you could improve even more. You could use for example Rotom-Wash over Keldeo: you will lose speed but, other than gaining momentum, you would have a more safe switch against Azumarill, a way to defeat CM Keldeo (could really hurt you bad) and it could give you notable staying power to your team.
Moreover there are different fixes to the set you should absolutely change: Breloom in ORAS, expecially with sash, needs Rock Tomb (which would limit your weakness to Charizard).
Heatran should be timid nature in order to avoid losing against several pokemons, considering its not even used with a bulky speed.
As for jirachi the set Charilax Blaster gave you could be improved, expecially if you consider the fact that it has 0 evs in attack and a calm nature, while using Fire Punch/Body Slam/Iron Head.
To lopunny you should necessarily change thunderpunch, considering it doesnt hit NOTHING, but really nothing, since Slowbro is still a 3hko if not 4hko.
Hope I've helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)