Emolga (QC: 3/3) (GP: 2/2)

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
so cute oml

QC: Magnemite / Raiza / Anty
GP: Winry / P Squared

[OVERVIEW]

Emolga is a veryy bad Pokemon in PU that is outclassed by other Electric-types, such as Zebstrika and Raichu, which are faster and more powerful. Emolga does have a nice support movepool that includes Roost, Encore, and Taunt and has a great typing that gives it resistances to Electric-, Fighting-, and Grass-type moves from many common Pokemon, but its poor bulk hinders it and prevent it from checking them. Motor Drive allows Emolga to switch in on Electric-type Pokemon such as Raichu, but it cannot do much to them besides locking them into a move with Encore, and Emolga loses to their coverage moves, such as Hidden Power Ice. In addition to this, Emolga has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, which is detrimental, as it needs to pivot out and stay healthy during the match. Emolga is also vulnerable to strong attackers, such as Piloswine and Golem, and is quite passive.

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Taunt
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Roost
move 4: Encore / Thunderbolt
item: Leftovers
ability: Motor Drive
nature: Jolly / Timid
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Taunt allows Emolga to stop sweepers such as Fraxure, Regice, and Raichu from setting up and prevents it from being affected by status moves such as Taunt and Toxic. U-turn allows Emolga to pivot out in an unfavorable situation. Roost allows Emolga to stay healthy during the match and perform as a reliable pivot. Encore can lock the foe into an Electric-type or setup move, such as Thunderbolt or Nasty Plot, respectively, giving one of Emolga's teammates a free turn to switch in. Thunderbolt is a strong alternative to Encore that allows Emolga to hit Water- and Flying-types such as Carracosta and Dodrio, respectively.

Set Details
========

This EV spread and a Jolly nature allow Emolga to outspeed as many foes as possible and take minimum damage from Stealth Rock. However, if Emolga is running Thunderbolt, a Timid nature should be used. Motor Drive allows it to switch in on an Electric-type move and get a Speed boost. Leftovers provides passive recovery, keeping Emolga healthy as a pivot.

Usage Tips
========

Emolga should not be switching in on strong attacks, as it is quite frail, and it should only be sent in on an attack it resists or is immune to, such as a predicted Grass-, Electric-, or Ground-type attack from Pokemon such as Tangela, Raichu, and Stunfisk. Emolga should use Taunt on Pokemon that rely on their status moves, such as Roselia and Tangela, and on setup sweepers, such as Barbaracle, Fraxure, and Carracosta. Alternatively, Emolga can switch in on a predicted setup sweeper, such as Ninetales, cripple it with Encore, and switch out using U-turn when the foe will most likely switch.

Team Options
========

Defoggers such as Vibrava and Pelipper keep Stealth Rock off of the field, which is beneficial because Emolga will be switching in and out frequently and takes a lot of damage from Stealth Rock. Additionally, they can provide momentum with U-turn. Water-types such as Golduck and Simipour appreciate Emolga's ability to take Electric-type attacks, and they are able to take on Rock-type Pokemon such as Golem. Grass- and Fighting-types such as Gourgeist-XL and Machoke, respectively, are able to take care of Rock-types such as Golem; Machoke can also take care of Ice- and Steel-types such as Piloswine and Probopass. Ground-types such as Piloswine and Golem are able to handle Electric-type Pokemon such as Raichu and Rock-type Pokemon such as Probopass. Fire-types such as Rapidash and Simisear are able to take on Ice-types such as Regice and Rotom-F for Emolga, but note that this stacks a weakness to Stealth Rock.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Air Slash is an option to hit Grass- and Fighting-types such as Tangela and Machoke, but Emolga lacks the moveslot for it and can still lose to the latter. Knock Off can be used to take items off bulky Pokemon such as Roselia, but Emolga does not have the space for it. Pursuit allows Emolga to trap Pokemon hoping to switch out on an Encore or Taunt, but it is better off switching out with U-turn so it can gain a favorable matchup, and Emolga's Pursuit is quite weak. Tailwind can be used to allow slow wallbreakers such as Fraxure to outspeed their threats, but Taunt is better to prevent setup sweepers such as Barbaracle from setting up. Toxic allows Emolga to hit bulky special walls such as Grumpig, but it lacks a moveslot for it. Volt Switch has more power than U-turn, but it leaves Emolga walled by Ground-types such as Golem. An attacking set may seem viable, but is outclassed by the likes of Raichu and Zebstrika.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Residual Damage**: Although Emolga has reliable recovery in Roost, Stealth Rock damage makes it easier to KO, and it constantly needs to pivot in and out with U-turn. Burns and poison also limit Emolga's time on the battlefield.

**Strong Attackers**: Strong attackers, such as Rapidash, Kadabra, and Choice Scarf Sawsbuck, outspeed Emolga and threaten it with their attacks, as it is not very bulky even with investment in HP.

**Ice-type Pokemon**: Ice-type Pokemon, such as Regice and Piloswine, threaten Emolga with their Ice-type STAB moves and don't take much damage from Emolga's attacks. Piloswine especially is able to cripple Emolga with Ice Shard and can use Earthquake on predicted Roosts; however, Piloswine must be wary of Taunt.

**Rock-type Pokemon**: Rock-type Pokemon such as Golem and Carracosta threaten Emolga with their Rock-type STAB moves and don't take much damage from U-turn or Air Slash. However, both of them must be wary of Taunt.

**Electric-type Pokemon**: Although Emolga is immune to their STAB attacks, it cannot do much to Electric-type Pokemon, such as Raichu and Rotom-F, with the former having Hidden Power Ice to take care of it, while the latter has a powerful Blizzard.

Last edited by a moderator:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know this is WIP but a few things stood out. Overview speaks too nicely of emolga. Emolga is quite bad and there shouldn't be so much focus on its positives. Team Options are also not very good at the moment, for example you mention that Emolga fits only on VoltTurn and proceed to not give any examples of VoltTurn teammates. There's also inaccurate information: you mention that Poliwrath and Carracosta break walls, which aren't really true especially not for Poliwrath's case. You also mention that Emolga can take Flying-type attacks, which isn't very accurate either because they either don't use their Flying STAB (Pelipper, Chatot) or can just beat Emolga anyway (Swanna, Articuno, Dodrio).

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
I know this is WIP but a few things stood out. Overview speaks too nicely of emolga. Emolga is quite bad and there shouldn't be so much focus on its positives. Team Options are also not very good at the moment, for example you mention that Emolga fits only on VoltTurn and proceed to not give any examples of VoltTurn teammates. There's also inaccurate information: you mention that Poliwrath and Carracosta break walls, which aren't really true especially not for Poliwrath's case. You also mention that Emolga can take Flying-type attacks, which isn't very accurate either because they either don't use their Flying STAB (Pelipper, Chatot) or can just beat Emolga anyway (Swanna, Articuno, Dodrio).
yeah, the way that I said Poliwrath and Carracosta was kind of weird, I was gonna fix it up. I also tried to tone it down and I have implemented your other suggestions. Sorry for the bad quality, this is my first E rank analysis

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
[OVERVIEW]
''It only can fit on VoltTurn teams as it is outclassed by other Electric-types, such as Raichu and Zebstrika, for an attacking set, as they are faster and have more powerul'' this doesn't have much sense, as i'd use other electric-types even on voltturn teams
mention this can only run utility sets decently
also mention a slight niche this has is that it doesn't completely lose by stunfisk
mention it is also weak to strong attackers bc of poor bulk

[SET]
u-turn is better than vswitch in this case as being able to gain momentum on ground-types is really good, and this pokemon performs a purely support role so you don't need power, so replace vswitch with u-turn

Set Details
========
mention the boost motor drive provides if hit by electric-type move

Usage Tips
========
''As the foe will likely switch out when locked into an unfavourable move, predict this by using Volt Switch, but be wary of Ground-types, as they can block Volt Switch'' edit this, you have u-turn now
taunting roselia is also good to prevent it from setting up hazards
mention this shouldn't switch into strong attackers

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
replace u-turn with vswitch here

Checks and Counters
===================
toxic and burn are also a pain, mention them in residual damage

rubsomebacononit qc 2/3

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Overview
Emolga is a pretty bad Pokemon in PU, having only a niche in Motor Drive, allowing it to pivot in on an Electric-type move, and status moves such as Taunt and Encore.
This sounds like it actually has a niche in the PU metagame (zebby also has motor drive but doesnt use it), and it doesnt exactly let emolga check electric types

Although Emolga has a great typing and reliable recovery in Roost that allows it to check common Pokemon in the tier, including Fighting-types such as Machoke and Monferno
Roost doesnt let it check fighting types, you cannot switch into monferno (cc + rocks + mach or just one flare blitz KOs), and w/o air slash emolga loses one on one, whereas machoke wins one on one even if air slash.

its stats do not make up for it
explain why

Also you need to specifically say what pokemon outclasses it and why

For the set I would think taunt should be swapped with encore, as otherwise you are fodder for every poke which is slower and can speed boost, importantly fraxure/regice/barbaracle/carracosta. When you talk about targets, encore doesnt look like its doing much, as many electric types will switch out, and i cant think of when it would actually lock anything in to swords dance. The only times i would think that it is better would be against NP tales, but you have to risk switching in, and locking into entry hazards, which also involves switching in on them. Also genuine question, why is air slash better than tbolt? I guess it lets you check different mons, like simisage vs simipour. I think this was an oversight but the nature should be Jolly / Timid

In moves mention that taunt prevents set up from mons like the ones i mentioned earlier

In UT mention a more relevant example than marowak. Also:
Using Roost when at low HP is beneficial as Emolga will need to continuously switch in and out with Volt Switch on an unfavourable matchup. Watch out for Ground-types such as Marowak when you Roost, as Emolga will be vulnerable to their Ground-type moves.
All this is fairly irrelevant. You dont have to tell the reader when to recover health, just like you dont say 'predict switches' or whatever. The roost part is also irrelevant as you can assume the reader has basic knowledge of mechanics

TO:
Emolga only fits on VoltTurn teams because of its ability to pivot in and out on Electric-type attacks
I dont see why it would only fit onto those types of teams, especcially since volturn teams would want partners that apply offensive pressure to force switches, which emolga doesnt.

Carracosta and Simipour appreciate Emolga's ability to take Electric-type attacks, and the former is able to sweep with Shell Smash and the latter can break walls.
Bolded part is irrelevant fluff

Dark- and Steel-types such as Mightyena and Probopass greatly appreciate Emolga's ability to take Fighting-types, and the former is able to clean late-game while the latter is able to provide Stealth Rock support, take care of Steel-types, and pivot out with Volt Switch
Like i have already stated, emolga is a horrible fighting check. Also for future reference, what you said about mightyena is irrelevant, whereas what you said for probopass would be relevant.

Also in TO, instead of just talking about mons which appreciate emolgas ability to take fighting/flying/etc types, you should focus more on mons which can check emolgas weaknesses (like you did w/ grass and fighting types), especcially since emolga isnt switching into most of the mons of those types (heck dodrios brave bird almost kills it after stealth rock)

oo:
Thunderbolt is an option for a strong STAB attack, but U-turn is preferred thanks to the ability to gain momentum
Shouldnt thunderbolt be compared with air slash not uturn
Also i dont think you should compare tailwind/toxic to encore either

c&c looks decent but it has mentions of volt switch in it

rubsomebacononit

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
All this is fairly irrelevant. You dont have to tell the reader when to recover health, just like you dont say 'predict switches' or whatever. The roost part is also irrelevant as you can assume the reader has basic knowledge of mechanics
rubsomebacononit
I think there he meant that Emolga should be kept at high health to keep doing stuff, but I may be wrong, even in this case the phrase should be reworded anyway.

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay Anty, I have implemented this to the best of my ability. Please check this again. You have also taught me a lot of things with your comments, so thanks for that, and I will remember this for next time.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
add/correct remove comments
[OVERVIEW]

Emolga is a pretty bad Pokemon in PU that is outclassed by other Electric-types, such as Zebstrika and Raichu, which are faster and have more power. Emolga also has a nice support movepool which that includes Roost, Encore, and Taunt, [ac] and it has a great typing that gives it resistances to Electric-types such as Raichu, Fighting-types such as Machoke and Monferno, [ac] and Grass-types moves from many common Pokemon such as Tangela and Gourgeist-XL, but its stats hinder it and prevent it from checking them. Emolga also has the ability Motor Drive, which allows it to switch in on Electric-type Pokemon such as Raichu, but it cannot do much to them besides locking them into a move with Encore, and Emolga loses to their coverage moves, such as Hidden Power Ice. In addition to this, Emolga has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, which is detrimental, [ac] [already said hinder it] hinders it as it needs to pivot out and stay healthy during the match. Emolga is also vulnerable to strong attackers, such as Piloswine and Golem, and is quite passive.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Taunt allows Emolga to prevent sweepers such as Fraxure, Carracosta, and Barbaracle from setting up, [rc] and to prevent it from being affected by status moves such as Taunt and Toxic. U-turn allows Emolga to pivot out in an unfavorable [American spelling] situation. Roost allows Emolga to stay healthy during the match and perform as a reliable pivot. Encore allows Emolga to can lock the foe into an Electric-type or setup move, such as Thunderbolt and Nasty Plot respectively, or a setup move, such as Nasty Plot, giving one of Emolga's teammates a free turn to it a free switch in on another Pokemon. Thunderbolt is a strong alternative to Encore that allows Emolga to hit Water- and Flying-types such as Carracosta and Dodrio respectively.

Set Details
========

This EV spread and a Jolly nature allows Emolga to outspeed as much as possible and deal more damage with U-turn, [rc] while at the same time giving it as much bulk as possible but still and take minimum damage from Stealth Rock. However, if Emolga is running Thunderbolt, a Timid nature should be used. Motor Drive allows it to switch in on an Electric-type move and provides get a Speed boost. Leftovers provides passive recovery, keeping Emolga healthy as a pivot.

Usage Tips
========

Emolga should not be switching in on strong attacks, as it is quite frail, and it should only be sent in on an attack it resists or is immune to, such as a predicted Grass-, Electric- or Ground-type attack from Pokemon such as Tangela, Raichu, and Stunfisk. Emolga should use Taunt on Pokemon that rely on their status moves, such as Roselia and Tangela, and on setup sweepers, such as Barbaracle, Fraxure, and Carracosta. Alternatively, Emolga can switch in on a predicted setup sweeper, such as Ninetales, cripple it with Encore, and switch out using U-turn as when the foe will most likely switch. Using Roost when at low HP is beneficial, [ac] as Emolga will need to continuously switch in and out with U-turn on an unfavourable matchup.

Team Options
========

Defoggers such as Vibrava and Pelipper keep Stealth Rock out off the field, which is beneficial as because Emolga will be switching in and out frequently and takes a lot of damage from Stealth Rock. Additionally, and they can provide momentum with U-turn. Slow Volt Switch users such as Probopass are able to get in Emolga in safely and appreciate its stallbreaking abilities. Water-types such as Golduck and Simipour appreciate Emolga's ability to take Electric-type attacks, and they are able to take on Rock-type Pokemon such as Golem. Grass-types and Fighting-types such as Gourgeist-XL and Machoke, [ac] respectively, [ac] are able to take care of Rock-types such as Golem; [semi > comma] Machoke and the latter additionally is also able to take care of Ice- and Steel-types such as Piloswine and Probopass, [ac] respectively. Ground-types such as Piloswine and Golem are able to handle Electric-type Pokemon such as Raichu and Rock-type Pokemon such as Probopass. Fire-types such as Rapidash and Simisear are able to take on Ice-types such as Regice and Rotom-F for Emolga, but this stacks a weakness to Stealth Rock.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Air Slash is an option to hit Grass- and Fighting-types such as Tangela and Machoke, but Emolga lacks the moveslot for it and still loses to the latter. Knock Off can be used to take off items off of bulky Pokemon such as Roselia, but it is not very powerful and Emolga does not have the space for it. Pursuit allows Emolga to trap Pokemon hoping to switch out on an Encore or Taunt, but it is better off with switching out with U-turn so it can gain a favorable [American spelling] matchup, and it is quite weak. Tailwind can be used to allow slow wallbreakers such as Fraxure to outspeed their threats, but Taunt is better to prevent setup sweepers such as Barbaracle from setting up. Toxic allows Emolga to hit bulky special walls such as Grumpig, but it lacks a moveslot for it. Volt Switch has more power than U-turn, but it leaves Emolga walled by Ground-types such as Golem. An attacking set may seem viable, but is outclassed by the likes of Raichu and Zebstrika.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Residual Damage**: Although Emolga has reliable recovery in Roost, Stealth Rock damage makes it easier to KO, and it constantly needs to pivot in and out with U-turn. Burns and poison also limit Emolga's time on the battlefield.

**Strong Attackers**: Strong attackers, such as Kadabra and Choice Scarf Sawsbuck, [ac] outspeed Emolga and threaten it with their attacks, as it is not very bulky even with investment in HP.

**Ice-type Pokemon**: Ice-type Pokemon, such as Regice and Piloswine, [ac] threaten Emolga with their Ice-type STAB moves, [rc] and don't take much damage from Emolga's attacks. Piloswine especially is able to cripple Emolga with Ice Shard, [rc] and can use Earthquake to predict it using Roost; however, Piloswine must be wary of Taunt.

**Rock-type Pokemon**: Rock-type Pokemon, [rc] such as Golem and Carracosta threaten Emolga with their Rock-type STAB moves, [rc] and don't take much damage from U-turn or Air Slash. However, both of them must be wary of Taunt.

**Electric-type Pokemon**: Although Emolga is immune to their STAB attacks, it cannot do much to Electric-type Pokemon, such as Raichu and Rotom-F, with the former having Hidden Power Ice to take care of it, while the latter having has a powerful Blizzard.
1/2

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 2/2
hit reply on my post to make implementing easier + more accurate :)
[OVERVIEW]

Emolga is a pretty bad Pokemon in PU that is outclassed by other Electric-types, such as Zebstrika and Raichu, which are faster and more powerful have more power. Emolga also has does have a nice support movepool that includes Roost, Encore, and Taunt, (RC) and has a great typing that gives it resistances to Electric-, Fighting-, and Grass-type moves from many common Pokemon, but its stats hinder it and prevent it from checking them. Emolga also has the ability Motor Drive, which allows it Emolga to switch in on Electric-type Pokemon such as Raichu, but it cannot do much to them besides locking them into a move with Encore, and Emolga loses to their coverage moves, such as Hidden Power Ice. In addition to this, Emolga has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock, which is detrimental, (AC) as it needs to pivot out and stay healthy during the match. Emolga is also vulnerable to strong attackers, such as Piloswine and Golem, and is quite passive. (few of the changes here are necessary grammar-wise but the paragraph felt very bullet-pointy before)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Taunt allows Emolga to prevent stop (not crucial but you use "prevent" later in the same sentence) sweepers such as Fraxure, Carracosta, and Barbaracle from setting up and to prevents it from being affected by status moves such as Taunt and Toxic. U-turn allows Emolga to pivot out in an unfavorable situation. Roost allows Emolga to stay healthy during the match and perform as a reliable pivot. Encore can lock the foe into an Electric-type or setup move, such as Thunderbolt and or Nasty Plot, (AC) respectively, giving one of Emolga's teammates a free turn to switch in. Thunderbolt is a strong alternative to Encore that allows Emolga to hit Water- and Flying-types such as Carracosta and Dodrio, (AC) respectively.

Set Details
========

This EV spread and a Jolly nature allow Emolga to outspeed as much many foes as possible and take minimum damage from Stealth Rock. However, if Emolga is running Thunderbolt, a Timid nature should be used. Motor Drive allows it to switch in on an Electric-type move and get a Speed boost. Leftovers provides passive recovery, keeping Emolga healthy as a pivot.

Usage Tips
========

Emolga should not be switching in on strong attacks, as it is quite frail, and it should only be sent in on an attack it resists or is immune to, such as a predicted Grass-, Electric-, (AC) or Ground-type attack from Pokemon such as Tangela, Raichu, and Stunfisk. Emolga should use Taunt on Pokemon that rely on their status moves, such as Roselia and Tangela, and on setup sweepers, such as Barbaracle, Fraxure, and Carracosta. Alternatively, Emolga can switch in on a predicted setup sweeper, such as Ninetales, cripple it with Encore, and switch out using U-turn when the foe will most likely switch. Using Roost when at low HP is beneficial, as Emolga will need to continuously switch in and out with U-turn on in an unfavorable matchup.

Team Options
========

Defoggers such as Vibrava and Pelipper keep Stealth Rock off of the field, which is beneficial because Emolga will be switching in and out frequently and takes a lot of damage from Stealth Rock. Additionally, they can provide momentum with U-turn. Slow Volt Switch users such as Probopass are able to get Emolga in safely and appreciate its stallbreaking abilities. Water-types such as Golduck and Simipour appreciate Emolga's ability to take Electric-type attacks, and they are able to take on Rock-type Pokemon such as Golem. Grass- and Fighting-types such as Gourgeist-XL and Machoke, respectively, are able to take care of Rock-types such as Golem; Machoke can is also to take care of Ice- and Steel-types such as Piloswine and Probopass. Ground-types such as Piloswine and Golem are able to handle Electric-type Pokemon such as Raichu and Rock-type Pokemon such as Probopass. Fire-types such as Rapidash and Simisear are able to take on Ice-types such as Regice and Rotom-F for Emolga, but note that this stacks a weakness to Stealth Rock.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Air Slash is an option to hit Grass- and Fighting-types such as Tangela and Machoke, but Emolga lacks the moveslot for it and still loses to the latter. Knock Off can be used to take items off bulky Pokemon such as Roselia, but it is not very powerful and Emolga does not have the space for it. Pursuit allows Emolga to trap Pokemon hoping to switch out on an Encore or Taunt, but it is better off with switching out with U-turn so it can gain a favorable matchup, and it Emolga's Pursuit is quite weak. Tailwind can be used to allow slow wallbreakers such as Fraxure to outspeed their threats, but Taunt is better to prevent setup sweepers such as Barbaracle from setting up. Toxic allows Emolga to hit bulky special walls such as Grumpig, but it lacks a moveslot for it. Volt Switch has more power than U-turn, but it leaves Emolga walled by Ground-types such as Golem. An attacking set may seem viable, (RC) but is outclassed by the likes of Raichu and Zebstrika.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Strong Attackers**: Strong attackers, such as Kadabra and Choice Scarf Sawsbuck, (AC) outspeed Emolga and threaten it with their attacks, as it is not very bulky even with investment in HP.

**Ice-type Pokemon**: Ice-type Pokemon, such as Regice and Piloswine, threaten Emolga with their Ice-type STAB moves and don't take much damage from Emolga's attacks. Piloswine especially is able to cripple Emolga with Ice Shard and can use Earthquake on predicted Roosts to predict it using Roost; however, Piloswine must be wary of Taunt.

**Rock-type Pokemon**: Rock-type Pokemon such as Golem and Carracosta threaten Emolga with their Rock-type STAB moves and don't take much damage from U-turn or Air Slash. However, both of them must be wary of Taunt.

**Electric-type Pokemon**: Although Emolga is immune to their STAB attacks, it cannot do much to Electric-type Pokemon, such as Raichu and Rotom-F, with the former having Hidden Power Ice to take care of it, while the latter has a powerful Blizzard.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)