ORAS Ubers The Sunny Storm

Hello everyone. I have decided to post my ORAS Ubers team because I don't think the team is perfect yet

This is my first RMT so please, if it looks sloppy please understand.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

I picked Primal Groudon because it is the best Pokemon in the metagame and I thought it would be fun to use and build a team around. Groudon is my main sweeper, and is usually my win condition. I chose the Double Dance set because it allows Groudon to sweep through teams once he sets up. Paired with Hazard setters, it doesn't always even need a sword dance to sweep

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Roar

Kyogre being my favourite Legendary of all time was an Obvious choice for this team. Paired with Primal Groudon it makes a nice Fire Water defensive core. Kyogre is my Bulky pivot and what I find to be the glue of my team. The EV spread is to maximize special bulk, and I'm running a rest talk set, so when Kyogre gets weakend, he can just heal right back up and keep tanking those hits while deaing a surprising amount of damage for no SpA investment

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

I chose Latios because I find it pairs well with both Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon. Latios is usually my second wincon because man on man can this thing dish out damage, I can usually just find myself spamming Psyshock late game and winning. The set I am running right now is to maximize the damage I can deal while running max speed to outspeed a majority of the metagame to hit them as hard as possible. Soul dew gives it extra Special Bulk and more damage for Special attacks. It also can eat up any non SE special attack coming my way and provides ground immunity

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magic Coat
- Play Rough

I chose Klefki because I find it pairs well with this team. It provides hazard support for my team and pairs nicely with Latios making a Dragon Fairy Steel core. Spikes is needed to help my team sweep fairly easily, while thunderwave is to stop Pokemon from completely sweeping my team. Magic coat is often used against Deoxys S leads to bounce the taunt or hazards back at them, while play rough is there to not be a sitting duck and deal damage. It is also my secondary Geomancy Xerneas check and it also helps stop Darkrai's dark void from putting something to sleep

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Earthquake

I chose Excadrill because I needed hazard remover, and didn't want a defogger as I lose my spikes that I set up. Excadrill is usually my lead Pokemon as he threatens out Primal Groundon leads with Earthquake and makes Deoxys fear the KO from him. I chose to use mold breaker because it allows me to toxic Mega Sableye and set up stealth rocks on it. Rapid spin is there so I can clear away hazards without losing the ones I set

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

I chose Lugia because I found my team was weak to set up sweepers in general, while it can also pivot into strong physical attacks. I originally had ho-oh here but i found i was weak to Mega Salamence who at +1 destroys my team. Toxic is there to wear down fat Pokemon, while Ice beam is to KO dragons who are at +1 while Whirl wind also gives me the option to phase out any set up sweepers who aren't to effected by toxic or ice beam. Roost is there for general recovery while to also try to keep multiscale intact

I found that there are very few things that actually threaten this team. Mega Salamence was the biggest threat I realized, but most +1 or 2 Pokemon gave this team trouble, and while that goes for all teams anyways, I wanted to stop that as much as possible. The biggest thing that walls my team is actually ferrothorn from what I have experienced, but Groudon can handle it at +2. I'm also Ironically weak to Dual dance Primal Groudon. If it's at +2 I usually have trouble dealing with it Deoxys attack also just rekts me with rocks up...

Anyways, I hope this isn't bad for my first RMT.

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Hi there!

It's nice to see another Ubers team, but i do see a few issues with your team, and a few things that can be optimized.

Possibly the biggest issue I can see is Excadrill. While it does make relative sense on paper, in practice it doesn't hold up very well. Sash Excadrill is very iffy as a spinner, considering you're relying on that sash intact to get off a 100% safe spin. Mold Breaker is a nifty ability, but overall I feel that Forretress is a better choice for your team, considering the fact that you want a spinner that can also threaten magic bouncers. Forretress frees up that item slot with its ability Sturdy, allowing you to run a Custap Berry where you would normally run a Focus Sash. In addition, it does a fantastic job of checking Mega Diancie with Gyro Ball, and can even Explode in order to prevent hazard removal at crucial points in the game. It can also set up stealth rock quite reliably.

I will edit more in later, because i have to help move, but i do have more thoughts.

i do like your team and certainly think it's a good first RMT.

Hi there!

It's nice to see another Ubers team, but i do see a few issues with your team, and a few things that can be optimized.

Possibly the biggest issue I can see is Excadrill. While it does make relative sense on paper, in practice it doesn't hold up very well. Sash Excadrill is very iffy as a spinner, considering you're relying on that sash intact to get off a 100% safe spin. Mold Breaker is a nifty ability, but overall I feel that Forretress is a better choice for your team, considering the fact that you want a spinner that can also threaten magic bouncers. Forretress frees up that item slot with its ability Sturdy, allowing you to run a Custap Berry where you would normally run a Focus Sash. In addition, it does a fantastic job of checking Mega Diancie with Gyro Ball, and can even Explode in order to prevent hazard removal at crucial points in the game. It can also set up stealth rock quite reliably.

I will edit more in later, because i have to help move, but i do have more thoughts.

i do like your team and certainly think it's a good first RMT.

I have thought about forretress and maybe running like T spikes and rocks on it, but I do think Excadrill is a good anti lead against many teams, and I am not the highest on the ladder atm, but I usually can apply enough offensive pressure to stop rocks from coming up at all or kill the hazard setter and rapid spin when something hits me.
However, I will consider Forretress as I personally have other ways to deal with Mega Sableye like Klefki who can Magic coat the Wisp and just play rough sableye. I don't think this team is too bad though the way it is as I just started playing ORAS Ubers a few days ago. There are a few things I'd like to try though, like Physically Defensive POgre , and I might try running Earthquake on Groudon as I have lost a few games I could have won if I didn't miss, but the sheer power is amazing.

Hi TheGiantSlowbro ! I think this team looks pretty solid. It's definitely a good job for a first team to be fair. I specifically like the Klefki-Excadrill-Primal Kyogre trio and specially the way Kyogre acts as a sleep absorber verus Darkrai, who is a the biggest threat to Excadrill leads, while Klefki counters it totally after that.

However, I would like to tell you more about problems this team faces:

1) Mega Diancie: Can come in on Lugia or Klefki while you don't have any switch in to it on your team.
2) Extreme Killer Arceus: Can set up on -2 Latios for Example and clean. Your only Check is Lugia who takes way too much from Stone Edge and has already the heavy duties of checking Mega Salamence and Rock Polish Primal Groudon.
3) Extreme Killer, Mega Salamence and Primal Groudon trio: Can easily overload your squad specially that I feel you reply a lot on both Klefki and Lugia to check lots of threats which overloads them.
4) Ferrothorn: can come in easily on Excadrill, Latios and Kyogre while Groudon has no Fire moves. Can Leech seed/throw hazards and greatly annoy your team.
5) Refresh Salamence: can lead versus Excadrill and set up. Your only way is to paralyze it with Klefki who will die after doing that. This will open up for other pokemons to sweep like Arceus forms and Xerneas.
5) Offensive Arceus Ghost: Can set up on Latios for example and OHKO everything.

What to keep and what to fix:

1) Lugia is fine. I think you really need the bulk so no speed creep is acceptable here.
2) Klefki is fine too. But use Flash Cannon>Magic Coat. You are very Mega Diancie weak, flash cannon will allow you to baits it in and OHKO it. Magic Coat is good against Deo-S leads and a smart way around Mega Sableye, However Excadrill with Rapid Spin and Mold Breaker+Toxic respectively is great versus both so better use Flash Cannon for a serious threat like Mega Diancie.
3) Primal Kyogre's moves are fine. However, max Defense Bold 0 IVs in attack rather than max Special Defense is better. You need bulk on the physical side to make a good core against Ho-Oh with Lugia+Primal Kyogre and this will help you check physical threats better too.
4) Excadrill is fine too. Jolly nature might seem bad but it's fine. It outspeed max Speed Modest Dialga which is used sometimes.
5) Dragon Tail>Rock Polish on Groudon. It allows you to kick out Defoggers like Latias and Arceus Water who are bulky and can remove your rocks. It's also good for Lugia switch ins since you break the Multiscale and kick it out allowing you to Swords Dance and kill it next time it comes in. Fire Punch>Stone Edge too since opponent's Lugia is faster, will roost and neutralyse rock types which will make you weak to stall. You are also nice vs Ho-Oh so you don't really need Stone Edge specially that +2 Fire punch does a lot to Ho-oh too.
6) Offensive Arceus Ghost>Latios. It's a decent Extreme Killer check and a hard hitter with better coverage than Latios who will be pain for opponents' teams to face. You don't need Latios for Primal Kyogre since you have you own Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon and Lugia who checks it pretty nicely.
Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break

Hope I helped and good luck! :D

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Oh jesus I forgot about arc-ghost lol
I do agree with most of Outrage's suggestion s, but I feel like no matter what path you choose to go down as far as hazard setting/removal in one mon, you wind up being bait for a fair few Pokemon. Excadrill still hates Dialga when considering how common the Shuca Berry variant is, although you can spin on it which is nice. The change from Latios to Arc-Ghost is solid when factoring in the change on pdon from double dance to SD as it gives you a separate win condition if need be. Nevertheless, Arc-Ghost is still a large threat to the team and should be prepared for accordingly. However Outrages suggestions help mitigate this. If you really wanted you could always use a defog Arceus forme and use something like dialog for Stealth Rock as it is not only a hardy rocks setter, but Klefki can set up spikes relatively reliably as well. Just my opinions and elaborations. As far as a defog arceus, physically defensive arceus fairy or rock would probably be my best suggestion. I'll look into these things further when I get on a computer and test out the team with your original building as well as Outrage's, swapping in ideas I had just to see how it would function on the ladder, which I assume you use the team on.

Hi TheGiantSlowbro ! I think this team looks pretty solid. It's definitely a good job for a first team to be fair. I specifically like the Klefki-Excadrill-Primal Kyogre trio and specially the way Kyogre acts as a sleep absorber verus Darkrai, who is a the biggest threat to Excadrill leads, while Klefki counters it totally after that.

However, I would like to tell you more about problems this team faces:

1) Mega Diancie: Can come in on Lugia or Klefki while you don't have any switch in to it on your team.
2) Extreme Killer Arceus: Can set up on -2 Latios for Example and clean. Your only Check is Lugia who takes way too much from Stone Edge and has already the heavy duties of checking Mega Salamence and Rock Polish Primal Groudon.
3) Extreme Killer, Mega Salamence and Primal Groudon trio: Can easily overload your squad specially that I feel you reply a lot on both Klefki and Lugia to check lots of threats which overloads them.
4) Ferrothorn: can come in easily on Excadrill, Latios and Kyogre while Groudon has no Fire moves. Can Leech seed/throw hazards and greatly annoy your team.
5) Refresh Salamence: can lead versus Excadrill and set up. Your only way is to paralyze it with Klefki who will die after doing that. This will open up for other pokemons to sweep like Arceus forms and Xerneas.
5) Offensive Arceus Ghost: Can set up on Latios for example and OHKO everything.
What to keep and what to fix:

1) Lugia is fine. I think you really need the bulk so no speed creep is acceptable here.
2) Klefki is fine too. But use Flash Cannon>Magic Coat. You are very Mega Diancie weak, flash cannon will allow you to baits it in and OHKO it. Magic Coat is good against Deo-S leads and a smart way around Mega Sableye, However Excadrill with Rapid Spin and Mold Breaker+Toxic respectively is great versus both so better use Flash Cannon for a serious threat like Mega Diancie.
3) Primal Kyogre's moves are fine. However, max Defense Bold 0 IVs in attack rather than max Special Defense is better. You need bulk on the physical side to make a good core against Ho-Oh with Lugia+Primal Kyogre and this will help you check physical threats better too.
4) Excadrill is fine too. Jolly nature might seem bad but it's fine. It outspeed max Speed Modest Dialga which is used sometimes.
5) Dragon Tail>Rock Polish on Groudon. It allows you to kick out Defoggers like Latias and Arceus Water who are bulky and can remove your rocks. It's also good for Lugia switch ins since you break the Multiscale and kick it out allowing you to Swords Dance and kill it next time it comes in. Fire Punch>Stone Edge too since opponent's Lugia is faster, will roost and neutralyse rock types which will make you weak to stall. You are also nice vs Ho-Oh so you don't really need Stone Edge specially that +2 Fire punch does a lot to Ho-oh too.
6) Offensive Arceus Ghost>Latios. It's a decent Extreme Killer check and a hard hitter with better coverage than Latios who will be pain for opponents' teams to face. You don't need Latios for Primal Kyogre since you have you own Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon and Lugia who checks it pretty nicely.
Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break

Hope I helped and good luck! :D

I use Latios as a sweeper that pairs well with PDon and POgre, I don't use it for POgre, that would be kind of dumb.

I have thought about using Max Def Bold Kyogre, as tbh, max spdef doesn't do much for me at all, so I might decide to give it a try.
I might try out arceus ghost too, as priority is nice, though it only speed ties with other arceus ghost, but that's better than nothing

I don't agree with using Dragon tail on PDon though, as while that might be nice to rack up the hazard damage, realistically It doesn't do much. I don't see why someone would switch in a Lati@s or Arceus Water in on PDon when both fear taking massive damage anyways and rock polish has won me so many games I might not have without it. However, I do agree with fire punch as honestly, ferrothorn usually pressures me a lot, the only way I could deal with it was keep weakening it and letting the hazard damage rack up or use sword dance on PDon, but Fire Punch does just seem so much more useful

I did also realize how bad Mega Diancie rekt my team, but I was fortantley able to play around it each time some how. but I might try flash cannon as I can already deal with Deoxys S realitively easy by using EQ+Rapid spin which iirc does kill. I don't really need play rough either, so could try Flash cannon over Play rough as Mega Sableye can't honestly do much to the team. I might even try magnet rise as can Magnet rise on Ekiller and it can't do much to me.

Tbh though, I love this team, but I might just either choose to not have hazard removal and replace Lugia and Excadrill so I fare better against more threats or just start a new one, as you are right, Klefki and Lugia are too overloaded in what they need to check. However, If played right, this team is extremely dangerous so I don't know. I also have a Mega Gengar problem too, as it can Perish trap Klefki(Though it gets paralyzed, but still) and Lugia for basically free, not to mention it just shadow balls and wins vs most of my team, however it hasn't been much of a problem as you would think

Sorry my reply is kinda sloppy but it' 4:34 am here so I'm kind of tired

Oh jesus I forgot about arc-ghost lol
I do agree with most of Outrage's suggestion s, but I feel like no matter what path you choose to go down as far as hazard setting/removal in one mon, you wind up being bait for a fair few Pokemon. Excadrill still hates Dialga when considering how common the Shuca Berry variant is, although you can spin on it which is nice. The change from Latios to Arc-Ghost is solid when factoring in the change on pdon from double dance to SD as it gives you a separate win condition if need be. Nevertheless, Arc-Ghost is still a large threat to the team and should be prepared for accordingly. However Outrages suggestions help mitigate this. If you really wanted you could always use a defog Arceus forme and use something like dialog for Stealth Rock as it is not only a hardy rocks setter, but Klefki can set up spikes relatively reliably as well. Just my opinions and elaborations. As far as a defog arceus, physically defensive arceus fairy or rock would probably be my best suggestion. I'll look into these things further when I get on a computer and test out the team with your original building as well as Outrage's, swapping in ideas I had just to see how it would function on the ladder, which I assume you use the team on.

I mean the Excadrill isn't as bad as you think it might be, it really does it's job pretty well in keeping the hazards away, and while it can't usually spin on anything besides leads, it's usually enough to stop the hazards from going up

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Oh no exca is OK im just not a huge fan of sash spinners as it becomes useless if you need to spin mid-game, whereas forretress does basically the same thing
they're really up to you

No hazard removal is certainly an option but then I would worry about it going into the realm of standard HO cheese

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)