ORAS OU Is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's Mega Altaria :] (Bulky Offense ORAS)

Do you think Mega Altaria is broken?

• Total voters
Hey whats poppin guys, Skarmx2 here, bringing you my third ORAS RMT. I haven't made an RMT in ages because I didn't really have a team that I was enjoying at the moment. This team was passed to me by my boy Paramangini, shoutouts to him for the team. I made a few small changes to it and really feel that it works well. Alright, enough talking lets get straight into it.
THE TEAM

Golden Child (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost/Fire Blast
Mega Altaria was an answer from ORAS Gods. Blessed with Fairy/Dragon Type and the ability Pixilate, Altaria has the ability to sweep entire teams with just a couple of boosts. My set maximizes Altarias offenses, maxing out attack and speed with a Jolly Nature to outspeed Mega Lopunny, Manectric and Mega Zam at +1. Happiness is set to 0 for Frustration to maximize damage output. Frustration is used over Return for the rare Scarf Ditto. DD for setup, EQ so Heatran doesn't wall you and Roost for longevity. Fire Blast also works for Ferrothorn and Scizor, however the latter has a good chance to kill you with Bullet Punch.

Archknight (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
Weavile is amazing right now. It's great speed tier and attack allow it to be a dominating force in the ORAS metagame. Max attack and Max speed are pretty self-explanatory with a Jolly Nature to outspeed Raikou, Torn-T, Alakazam (before Mega-Evolving) and most importantly the Latis. Icicle Crash for the most damage and a good chance to flinch. The accuracy, while shaky at times, allow for some OHKOs and most importantly, avoids taking 30% from TankChomp. Knock Off is nice, removing items, Ice Shard for priority and is sometimes capable of OHKOing after rocks and Low Kick for steels, Tyranitar and if it comes down to it, opposing Weavile. Weavile forms a nice core w/ Mega Altaria and Magnezone, clearing threats for Mega Altaria to sweep.

Calcs: 252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 198-234 (66.2 - 78.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 218-257 (72.9 - 85.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 348-411 (109 - 128.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Magneto (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
Fear the steel! Magnezone rounds up the core nicely, getting rid of the bulky steels that stop Mega Altaria to sweep, such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn and (Mega) Scizor. Choice Scarf allows Magnezone to hit 358.5 speed, outspeeding everything up to Serperior. Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon and Volt Switch offer excellent STABs, with the latter offering momentum. HP Fire is used to kill the steels. 0 Atk, 30 SpA and 30 Spe give Magnezone the IVs to have HP Fire. Magnezone has helped pave the way for Mega Altaria and even Weavile to sweep.

Nagini (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Serperior is my backup sweeper, in case something goes wrong with Mega Altaria. Serps speed makes it a nice sweeper and whiles its SpA is weak at first, it quickly racks up with a 130 Base Power STAB Leaf Storm and because of Contrary, it gets a free Nasty Plot every time it uses Leaf Storm. It's other moves offer nice coverage against dragons and steels, including Chomp and Ferrothorn respectively. Glare is there for predicting the switch and spreading the Yellow Magic :] I can't remember the times I've para'd Torn-T's, thinking they could come in on Serp for free.

Landoliscious (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Atk / 56 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Lando-T. The face of ORAS. There's a reason why this mon is so good. It can fill the role of a Stealth Rocker, Scarfer or even a double dance set. My Lando-T is our teams rock setter, which can be crucial for Weavile to net some OHKOs w/ Ice Shard. Smack Down allows me to beat Skarmory 1v1 and I can Smack Down on the switch into Rotom-W or any other levitating mons. EQ is my main form of STAB and hits harder than Scarf Lando-T. U-turn is for momentum and can give me the free switch into Weavile or Magnezone. It also forms a Volt-Turn Core with Magnezone. Lefties are for passive recovery and allows it to take on other Lando's and Talonflame. Lando is also my only way to beat Mega Venusaur as with my set, EQ 2HKOs after rocks. Overall, Lando-T may not win me games or sweep but it definitely helps weaken threats and set up rocks.​
Calcs: 200+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 159-187 (44.2 - 52%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Wabbit Season (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
-
Play Rough
- Superpower

Azu. The bane of CTC and the mascot of Heatah Fajita. My check to Weavile and Keldeo, this lil' bunny obliterates anything that doesn't resist it. Aqua Jet for priority to bypass speed tiers, Waterfall as a powerful STAB with a chance to flinch, Play Rough for Latis and anything that resists Waterfall and Superpower for Ferrothorn or Tyranitar. AV to help take on Keldeo and even super effective mons like Gengar and Thundurus. Weavile is a huge problem to this team so I need to keep Azu at least above 50%.

CONCLUSION
This team was pretty fun to ladder with, not much else to say. All feedback is appreciated and hopefully you enjoy this team as much as I did. Thanks for reading and peace out!
Skarmx2
Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-255013514 (Semi-finals of OU tour)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-254948128 (Another game from the OU Tour)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-255040625 (Just a OU ladder match)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-255043750 (Talonflame is such a threat)

Threatlist
Weavile: Outspeeds and kills everything except Azu. If i want to beat this thing, I have to keep Azu healthy.
Talonflame:
The SD variant actually murks my team once Lando-T has been weakened. Not much else to say
Mega Scizor: Again, SD smashes my team. Not much I can do but keep Magnezone as healthy and maybe Lando-T.
Mega Metagross: Mega Metagross can cause a lot of trouble for me, especially the RP set. I have to play carefully by volt switching with Magnezone and HP Fire with either zone or Serperior.

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Last edited:
Hey whats poppin guys, Skarmx2 here, bringing you my third ORAS RMT. I haven't made an RMT in ages because I didn't really have a team that I was enjoying at the moment. This team was passed to me by my boy Paramangini, shoutouts to him for the team. I made a few small changes to it and really feel that it works well. Alright, enough talking lets get straight into it.
THE TEAM

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost/Fire Blast
Mega Altaria was an answer from ORAS Gods. Blessed with Fairy/Dragon Type and the ability Pixilate, Altaria has the ability to sweep entire teams with just a couple of boosts. My set maximizes Altarias offenses, maxing out attack and speed with a Jolly Nature to outspeed Mega Lopunny, Manectric and Mega Zam at +1. Happiness is set to 0 for Frustration to maximize damage output. Frustration is used over Return for the rare Scarf Ditto. DD for setup, EQ so Heatran doesn't wall you and Roost for longevity. Fire Blast also works for Ferrothorn and Scizor, however the latter has a good chance to kill you with Bullet Punch.

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
Weavile is amazing right now. It's great speed tier and attack allow it to be a dominating force in the ORAS metagame. Max attack and Max speed are pretty self-explanatory with a Jolly Nature to outspeed Raikou, Torn-T, Alakazam (before Mega-Evolving) and most importantly the Latis. Icicle Crash for the most damage and a good chance to flinch. The accuracy, while shaky at times, allow for some OHKOs and most importantly, avoids taking 30% from TankChomp. Knock Off is nice, removing items, Ice Shard for priority and is sometimes capable of OHKOing after rocks and Low Kick for steels, Tyranitar and if it comes down to it, opposing Weavile. Weavile forms a nice core w/ Mega Altaria and Magnezone, clearing threats for Mega Altaria to sweep.

Calcs: 252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-T: 198-234 (66.2 - 78.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 218-257 (72.9 - 85.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 348-411 (109 - 128.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
Fear the steel! Magnezone rounds up the core nicely, getting rid of the bulky steels that stop Mega Altaria to sweep, such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn and (Mega) Scizor. Choice Scarf allows Magnezone to hit 358.5 speed, outspeeding everything up to Serperior. Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon and Volt Switch offer excellent STABs, with the latter offering momentum. HP Fire is used to kill the steels. 0 Atk, 30 SpA and 30 Spe give Magnezone the IVs to have HP Fire. Magnezone has helped pave the way for Mega Altaria and even Weavile to sweep.

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Serperior is my backup sweeper, in case something goes wrong with Mega Altaria. Serps speed makes it a nice sweeper and whiles its SpA is weak at first, it quickly racks up with a 130 Base Power STAB Leaf Storm and because of Contrary, it gets a free Nasty Plot every time it uses Leaf Storm. It's other moves offer nice coverage against dragons and steels, including Chomp and Ferrothorn respectively. Glare is there for predicting the switch and spreading the Yellow Magic :] I can't remember the times I've para'd Torn-T's, thinking they could come in on Serp for free.

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Lando-T. The face of ORAS. There's a reason why this mon is so good. It can fill the role of a Stealth Rocker, Scarfer or even a double dance set. My Lando-T is our teams rock setter, which can be crucial for Weavile to net some OHKOs w/ Ice Shard. Smack Down allows me to beat Skarmory 1v1 and I can Smack Down on the switch into Rotom-W or any other levitating mons. EQ is my main form of STAB and hits harder than Scarf Lando-T. U-turn is for momentum and can give me the free switch into Weavile or Magnezone. It also forms a Volt-Turn Core with Magnezone. Lefties are for passive recovery and allows it to take on other Lando's and Talonflame. Lando is also my only way to beat Mega Venusaur as with my set, EQ 2HKOs after rocks. Overall, Lando-T may not win me games or sweep but it definitely helps weaken threats and set up rocks.

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
-
Play Rough
- Superpower

Azu. The bane of CTC and the mascot of Heatah Fajita. My check to Weavile and Keldeo, this lil' bunny obliterates anything that doesn't resist it. Aqua Jet for priority to bypass speed tiers, Waterfall as a powerful STAB with a chance to flinch, Play Rough for Latis and anything that resists Waterfall and Superpower for Ferrothorn or Tyranitar. AV to help take on Keldeo and even super effective mons like Gengar and Thundurus. Weavile is a huge problem to this team so I need to play careful around this mon.

CONCLUSION
This team was pretty fun to ladder with, not much else to say. All feedback is appreciated and hopefully you enjoy this team as much as I did. Thanks for reading and peace out!
Skarmx2
Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-255013514 (Semi-finals of OU tour)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-254948128 (Another game from the OU Tour)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-255040625 (Just a OU ladder match)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-255043750 (Talonflame is such a threat)

Threatlist
Weavile: Outspeeds and kills everything except Azu. If i want to beat this thing, I have to keep Azu healthy.
Talonflame:
The SD variant actually murks my team once Lando-T has been weakened. Not much else to say
Mega Scizor: Again, SD smashes my team. Not much I can do but keep Magnezone as healthy and maybe Lando-T.

Code:
Importable[/LEFT]
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
Well I do think this team is pretty Solid atm but m-metagross (Especially RP set)can destroy 5 out of 6 mons in your team.You need to have a careful play against that.Still the team looks pretty solid.Good luck with your team

Your team is destroyed by prankster sableye. 4/6 mons are weak to wow and you don't have a cleric. So this is more of an HO team rather than balance. Anyway, I would suggest unaware clefable rather than Azumarill or run heal bell on altaria and make it the defensive DD set. Another mon that completely destroys your team is HP Fire serperior. Rapid Spin Starmie alievates this problem to an extent but there is no real solution unless you want to use chansey. I know weavile is your primary check but it can easily be forced out and since you have no spinners or defoggers and it has LO, it won't last very long. Therefore imo run Starmie over Azumarill.

So, to summerise my idea:
  • Change Altaria to a defensive DD Altaria to ensure that you can handle physical sweepers and Sableye more easily.
  • Starmie ove Azumarill. To be frank, Its a better Keldeo counter and as a bonus it handles Mega Venu, Serperior and Conkeldurr which otherwise pose a big threat.
  • HP Ground ove HP Fire on Serperior. Since you are changing Altaria to a defensive set, you will miss out on EQ and therefore Heatran is going to be a big pain to handle.

Hope I helped glhf playing :)

Last edited:
Hey fren, looks like a pretty nice team. However, there's a few changes I think could make it work better

• First of all, I agree with DavisWuhu's suggestion of Magneton>Magnezone. This gives you a better answer to Talon and Weavile, as well as giving you more speed. The loss of bulk is quite noticeable however, so be careful with it.
  • I think that you still lack a good Keldeo switch-in (because Azu hates Scald burns), a reliable way to beat defensive Mega-Venusaur, and something to get rid of rocks. I think that changing AV Azumarill to Latios or Latias would be great. This also gives you a decent way to handle Sableye, which as Disciple_1 mentioned, is pretty annoying for your team.
  • Since Latios gives you a good Mega-Venu answer, I'd say that you would be better off changing Landorus-T's set to a bulkier variant, which would allow you to take on Sand Rush Excadrill better.
  • Also, this is mostly personal preference, but I think that Double Edge is a pretty good option on Mega Altaria, since after a DD it OHKOs standard Clef and has a nice chance of KOing Rotom-W after rocks. It also gives you a better chance of KOing Bisharp after rocks, which can threaten your team if Altaria goes down.
tl;dr:
----->

----->
/

(Offensive SR)----->
(Defensive SR)
Frustration----->
Double-Edge

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

OR

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish / Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Anyways, hope my suggestions helped you, and good luck with your team!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)