Excadrill

Status
Not open for further replies.

[OVERVIEW]

Sporting an impressive Attack stat and two potent abilities, Excadrill serves as an offensive force in the CAP metagame. STAB Earthquake and Iron Head combine to threaten many Pokemon for super-effective damage, while Life Orb-boosted attacks also strain common Physical walls such as Ferrothorn and Sableye. Immunities to Toxic and Thunder Wave also do well to preserve Excadrill's health and speed, respectively. Excadrill, however, is still vulnerable to being burned, taking away a great deal of its offensive capabilities.

As a result of a mediocre base speed, combined with poor defensive stats despite high HP and weaknesses to common attacks such as Scald, Earthquake, and Fire Blast, Excadrill is often pressured to use Sand support or carry a Choice Scarf against faster Pokemon to stay alive. Excadrill's role as a Rapid Spinner is also challenged in the CAP metagame by two common Pokemon in Tomohawk and Colossoil, both of which possess greater Defensive prowess. Despite this, Excadrill remains a hard-hitting physical attacker that, when supported by teammates, can pick off and sweep weakened teams.

[SET]
Name: Sand Rush Sweeper
Move 1: Earthquake
Move 2: Iron Head
Move 3: Rock Slide
Move 4: Rapid Spin / Swords Dance
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Describe what the moves on the set do.

Set Details
========

Describe the other aspects of the set such as what the EVs do and nature/item.

Usage Tips
========

Describe how to use the Pokemon in question.

Team Options
========

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[SET]
Name: Revenge Killer
Move 1: Earthquake
Move 2: Iron Head
Move 3: Rock Slide
Move 4: Rapid Spin
Item: Air Balloon / Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Describe what the moves on the set do.

Set Details
========

Describe the other aspects of the set such as what the EVs do and nature/item.

Usage Tips
========

Describe how to use the Pokemon in question.

Team Options
========

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

Last edited:
Bullet points are never required for an overview. Unless I haven't been structuring my paragraphs correctly, it's going to stay that way. EDIT: Alright then, good to know. Thanks for correcting me.

Last edited:

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The QC team expects the entire analysis to be in bullet point form until you have been approved by two QC members SwedishBiscuit. This is standard across the entire site and CAP is no exception. Also, outspeeding nearly the entire meta under sand and the ability to boost Excadrill's attack with Swords Dance are traits that should be mentioned in the overview.

I don't see many Revenge Killers with Rapid Spin, and usually if an Exca isn't on a Sand team, it's going to be a Bulky Spinner, rather than a Scarfed (or Banded or LO) Revenge Killer, usually with AV or Lefties. Therefore, I think Bulky Spinner should be the 2nd set. Whether a Revenge Killer set is needed outside of OO, considering how limited Exca's CAP usage already is, is up to the QCers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)