ORAS Ubers Overly-Overkill

Hello, people of the Smogon Forums! I have recently gotten onto the Ubers Ladder, and so to celebrate I decided to post my team, to receive feedback on it! I apologize if this post is rather messy, as it is my first post on the Smogon Forums.

But now since that is out of the way, here is my team!
---
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
Primal Groudon is a BEAST, hands-down. With the sky-high offensive stats it packs, as well as an impressive ability to tank physical hits, it is quite likely to set up a Rock Polish and proceed to wreak havoc on a team. Earthquake is used over Precipice Blades due to the perfect accuracy of the former, and while PB may be stronger, any misses with it will definitely hurt. Dragon Claw is used to tackle mons such as Giratina and Ray, and SE is just... SE. With this spread Groudon is able to hit just about everything, and hit anything that's not defensively-invested pretty hard.
---
Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
A bulkier variant of Extreme Killer Arceus, which uses Shadow Force instead of Shadow Claw to tackle any Giratina that decides to cross its path. Need I say more?
---
Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
Taking absolute advantage using Dark Void, it can not only break Multiscale, Sturdy, and/or Sash, it can use the opponent's lost turns (due to sleep) to set up a Nasty Plot. And if a Xerneas decides to switch in, chances are VERY likely that it'll fall to a +2 Sludge Bomb. I just have to watch out for faster Pokemon, but other than those said 'mons Darkrai can clean up house.
---
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Outrage
- Earthquake
I love MegaMence so much. Its ability to Intimidate an enemy and then Mega-Evolve is absolutely beautiful, allowing it to take physical attacks like a champ at least for a couple of turns. Want to know what makes it even better? Flying-type STAB Return boosted by Aerilate. Want to know something even better? After a single DD it can absolutely decimate teams. I use a total-attack set (and not anything like Roost or Refresh) because if MegaMence gets statused, it's being used wrong. That being said, I have to keep an eye out for Klefki while this thing is in play.
---
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
Xerneas actually makes a pretty decent companion to MegaMence. Where the Mega Evo is a physical champion, Xerneas can deal with the Special side of things just as well. Geomancy and Power Herb are used in conjunction to make it able to punch holes in just about anything it comes across, Moonblast is the obligatory STAB that is further increased by Fairy Aura, and T-bolt and Psychic are the obligatory coverage moves. Though if the coverage moves aren't super-effective (and even if they are, in some cases), Moonblast is still the better move, due to its having a total power of 185 BP BEFORE resistances are added in.
---
Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
What do you do with Deoxys-A? It's simple really: BLOW SHIT UP. Psychic and the Bolt-Beam combo are used to strike most of the time, but when Deoxys-A really needs to get damage in it can use Psycho Boost. Chances are that when it needs to get damage in, it's going to die anyway, so the SpA drop isn't a huge concern.
---------
Already-known strengths:
-Tears holes through stall teams. And a lot of other teams, for that matter.
-Very fast, at least for the most part.
-Easy to use; not much prediction is necessary for the most part, due to the raw power of the team.
-All of these Pokemon are at the very least ranked A- on the Viability Rankings. That means that they all have a lot of reward for using.
Already-known weaknesses:
No residual damage save for Darkrai's Bad Dreams, making Multiscale and Sashed 'mons a bitch to handle at times.
No Defoggers, Bouncers, or Spinners, making hazards a pain to deal with.
Similarly, no reliable recovery means that whatever damage is dealt stays. This makes the team vulnerable to chip damage.
Half of these 'mons have trouble with strong priority such as Arceus's E-speed (Xerneas, Darkrai, and Deoxys-A). This means that they have to lean on the bulkier 'mons on the team to handle such foes.
Statuses like Paralysis, Toxic, and Burning KILL. Unless I can get rid of Pokemon that like to spam these moves, I can get into a lot of trouble. Especially Paralysis: When only 2 Pokemon on my team can safely cope with Paralysis (Arceus because it's not speed-invested and Groudon because it's immune)... *shudders*

Congrats on your first post^^. You have an interesting team here but there are some adjustment I would make:

Primal Groudon: What do you need Dragon Claw for? As far as I know the only KO it gets that Stone Edge doesnt is on Latios. It also only has a 14.1% chance to KO standard Giratina-O. You might want to change it SD or Fire Punch/Overheat for Ferro/Skarm/Shaymin(dont need to risk the Edge miss). But if you feel the need of it then dont change it.

Arceus: If you are running a bulky E-Killer you might want to put Recover on it to make more use of it being bulkier. What would you need Brick Break for? Even a super effective Brick break does only around 10% more then a netural Shadow Force or E-Speed. I dont realy see the point of not running Recover on a bulky E-Killer.

Darkrai: Nothing to say.

Salamence: I personally dont like Outrage in Gen VI Ubers. The reason for this is that with Geomancy Xerneas running around you dont want to lock yourself into Outrage. If you want to run a Dragon move I would use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage. But even DClaw ist needed imo.

Xerneas: The standard spread for Geomancy Xern (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/xerneas/) is bulkier and (probably) better. 594 speed after a Geomancy? You dont need that much to outspeed the most common scarfers. Tbolt and psychic are weaker (unless 4x effective) and so not needed. Tbolt doesnt OHKO SpD Kyogre and doesnt OHKO CB Ho-Oh when the're at full (Thunder doesnt either). The only thing you would need Psychic for is Arceus-Poison wich isnt that common (C-Rank and isnt that viable). I would run Something like Thunder/Aromatherapy/Focusblast/HP-Ground instead of these two moves.

Deoxys-Attack: Psycho Boost and Psychic? Overkill. You dont really need Psychic and Tbolt does nothing for you (PBoost hits way harder). Options for thiese two move slots are Superpower/Low Kick/Knock Off/E-Speed/HP-Fire/Stealth Rocks/Taunt.

Other Problems: You have already addressend some of them yourself but I want to tell you how you can fix some of them.
I would put rocks on your Deoxys since it two of its moves are kinda useless and you could even go for a sash variant. Hazards are really important (especially rocks) to punish threaths like Megamence and Ho-Oh.
You dont always need a defoger or spinner (especially when you are playing HO). You could simply run Taunt (Sash variant with rocks) on your Deo and prevent enemy rocks from going up. After that your team should be able to pressure your opponent and he/she wont have the opportunity to set up hazards.
E-Killer is a huge threat if it gets to set up SD's. But your team is really offensive and should be able to prevent it from setting up SD's.
There only status spreading mon that your team has trouble with is Klefki. Groudon shits on it.

I know that I've listed a lot of things and you dont need to change anything if you think what I said is wrong and that I suck. But these are just some minor tweaks that would improve your team (imho).
Good luck on the ladder :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)