Meganium [QC: 3/3] [GP:2/2]

Mega Meganium, anyone?
[OVERVIEW]
Meganium is outclassed by defensive Grass-types such as by Tangela as a physical wall, Roselia as a special wall, Quilladin for utility, and Gourgeist for typing and physical bulk. It also faces competition as an offensive Grass-type from Leafeon and Sawsbuck, limiting Meganium to only a support role. Meganium's defensive sets lack offensive presence as well, making them vulnerable to setup sweepers such as Raichu and Ninetales. Its mono-Grass typing gives it many common weaknesses in the tier, which hinders Meganium's defensive capabilities. The abilities it gets access to, Overgrow and Leaf Guard, don't help much. Overgrow is only useful for powering up Giga Drain when Meganium is already at cripplingly low health. Meganium's usefulness is also taken away by Taunt.

Nevertheless, Meganium's solid bulk, both physically and specially, combined with average HP makes it a decent physical, special, or mixed wall. It is also blessed with good support moves such as Aromatherapy.

[SET]
name: Specially Defensive Support
move 1: Aromatherapy
move 2: Synthesis
move 3: Giga Drain
move 4: Dragon Tail / Toxic
item: Leftovers
ability: Overgrow
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Aromatherapy is a very useful move to cure status conditions not only for Meganium but also for its teammates, making Meganium a good cleric. Synthesis provides Meganium with a reliable form of recovery. Giga Drain is another form of recovery that also deals massive damage to Ground-, Water-, and Rock-types such as Carracosta, Barbaracle, and Golem. Dragon Tail is an option to phaze setup sweepers lacking Substitute and to rack up entry hazard damage by shuffling the foes around. Toxic can also be used to put a timer on a foe and stall it out.

Set Details
========

Leftovers provides a passive form of recovery, meaning Meganium does not have to rely too much on Synthesis and giving it better longevity. Overgrow powers up Giga Drain when Meganium is weakened. Maximum Special Defense and HP investment and a Calm nature are used to maximize Meganium's ability to wall special attackers such as Simipour, Raichu, and Roselia. Alternatively, Meganium can run a physically defensive set with a Bold nature and an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD. This is used to better take the hits of physical attackers such as Kingler, Luxray, and Golem.

Usage Tips
========

Meganium is used to check special attackers such as Kadabra, Raichu, and Simipour. However, be wary of the latter's Ice Beam. To better check these Pokemon, it is best to keep Meganium as healthy as possible. Beware of taking too many hits because Synthesis has low PP. Meganium's main objective is to either wear down foes with Toxic or to rack up entry hazard damage with Dragon Tail when hazards are set. Meganium should be sent in to cure the status ailments of its teammates. If a Pokemon sets up, it is best to use Dragon Tail to phaze it. Additionally, Meganium has to be wary when dealing with Taunt users.

Team Options
========

Meganium fits well on more bulky teams due to its ability to wall and stall, alongside its decent bulk. Entry hazard setters such as Roselia and Carracosta are good partners to help rack up the damage Meganium does when shuffling with Dragon Tail. Rock-types such as Golem are great teammates, as they can handle Flying-, Fire-, Ice-, and Bug-types, in addition to Poison-types, if the Rock-types have access to Earthquake. In return, Meganium checks Water- and Ground-types for them. Water-types such as Floatzel and Kingler pair up well with Meganium, as they check Fire-types, and Floatzel can also check Flying-types with its coverage moves. In return, Meganium resists Electric-type moves for them, and can take on Water-types that may stop them from sweeping. They also form two-thirds of a Fire / Water / Grass core. Fire-types such as Ninetales and Heatmor complete the Fire / Water / Grass core and are good checks to Bug- and Ice-types. Meganium repays them by checking Water-, Rock- and Ground-types. Pokemon that dislike burn and paralysis such as Dodrio and Stoutland appreciate Meganium's Aromatherapy support. In return, they deal with Taunt users that shut down Meganium. Physical walls such as Avalugg and Carracosta can back Meganium up against strong physical attackers.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A dual screens set can be run, as Meganium has enough bulk to set them up, but it is outclassed by Meowstic in doing this. Counter can be used to punish physical attackers such as Arbok, Sawsbuck, and many others, though it is dependent on the foe not dealing too much damage. Rocky Helmet can also be used to punish Pokemon using contact moves. Leech Seed is an option to provide a form of recovery and at the same time damage the foe. Energy Ball deals more damage than Giga Drain but removes one of Meganium's forms of recovery. Hidden Power Fire is also an option to hit opposing Grass-types such as Tangela and Sawsbuck super effectively. It can also be used to hit Bug-types such as Ninjask and Leavanny.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Physical Attackers**: Meganium can't do much to Pokemon such as Ursaring and Luxray except to stomach the hit and phaze them.

**Type Advantage**: Fire-types such as Flareon and Ninetales deal massive damage to Meganium and take minimal damage from it. The latter can also take advantage of Meganium by setting up with Nasty Plot. Flying-types such as Jumpluff and Dodrio resist Meganium's STAB moves and can retaliate with their super effective STAB attacks. The former can also set up with Swords Dance. Ice-types such as Articuno and Regice threaten Meganium, with the former also resisting Meganium's STAB move. Meganium also fears Bug-types such as Leavanny and Ninjask, which can knock Meganium out with ease. Poison-types such as Seviper and Arbok also destroy Meganium without too many problems.

**Roselia**: Roselia can cause Meganium some trouble, as it resists Giga Drain and is immune to Toxic. It can also deal a huge amount of damage using Sludge Bomb, and Meganium has no choice but to phaze Roselia or switch to a teammate.

**Sap Sipper**: Pokemon with Sap Sipper such as Zebstrika, Sawsbuck, and Gogoat can switch in to Meganium's Giga Drain and retaliate with their attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is just a WIP but the overview is waaaaaay too positive. This mon has very, very little going for it over other Grass-types and you really need to reflect that with the overview. Also remove the part about sun, defensive mons really don't work on sun.

This is ready for QC, pls tell me what's wrong with this. I can only go online on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your Overview is still a bit too positive, and you keep comparing Meganium only with Roselia. It's also outclassed by Tangela as a physical wall, Torterra and the Gourgeist-formes with their better defensive typings, and Quilladin for overall utility. You don't need to list all its support moves, especially if they won't be on the set. Just list the most important one. You really don't need a point about not being immune to Toxic, your set carries Aromatherapy and this information is more important for C&C. We don't need you to list what Grass is weak to either.

Set Details, Rocky Helmet is an odd choice, and your justification is incorrect. Rapid Spin is not that common, except for Armaldo, and is hardly the best reason for Rocky Helmet.

To be honest, I don't like the set at all. If you don't have Energy Ball/Giga Drain, you rely solely on Counter to do anything. Dragon Tail is pretty easy to get around with Substitute or Fairy-types (you're set up bait for CM Clefairy), and the rest of your set falls to Taunt. The current sample set looks to be the best Meganium can do:

[SET]
name: Support
move 2: Leech Seed / Synthesis
move 4: Toxic / Dragon Tail

so I'd need more justification on how your current set is better.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually i wouldnt mention leech seed but synthesis only as it is fairly unreliable and meganium really would appreciate recovery as it has to constantly switch into moves from torterra/costa/etc.

However i dont really mind about physically or specially defensive as although there are more ph def grass types, it is still outclassed at whatever it does, like compared to rose the lack of psychic weakness isnt too noticeable as most psychics run energy ball and then meganium has more weaknesses/worse utility.

Reactions: kt3
Your Overview is still a bit too positive, and you keep comparing Meganium only with Roselia. It's also outclassed by Tangela as a physical wall, Torterra and the Gourgeist-formes with their better defensive typings, and Quilladin for overall utility. You don't need to list all its support moves, especially if they won't be on the set. Just list the most important one. You really don't need a point about not being immune to Toxic, your set carries Aromatherapy and this information is more important for C&C. We don't need you to list what Grass is weak to either.

Set Details, Rocky Helmet is an odd choice, and your justification is incorrect. Rapid Spin is not that common, except for Armaldo, and is hardly the best reason for Rocky Helmet.

To be honest, I don't like the set at all. If you don't have Energy Ball/Giga Drain, you rely solely on Counter to do anything. Dragon Tail is pretty easy to get around with Substitute or Fairy-types (you're set up bait for CM Clefairy), and the rest of your set falls to Taunt. The current sample set looks to be the best Meganium can do:

[SET]
name: Support
move 2: Leech Seed / Synthesis
move 4: Toxic / Dragon Tail

so I'd need more justification on how your current set is better.
Thank you sir. I put some of the parts of my set to OO.

not qc but ill help

[OVERVIEW]
-mention that aromatherapy allows meganium to support teams
-mention the main reason that roselia and quilladin outclass it is bc of spikes and tspike, though meganium isnt as negatively affected by knock off as they are

[SET]
-i dont think leech seed deserves a slash tbh, but i would wait for QC input
-remove leaf guard

Set Details
========
-remove leaf guard mention here as well

Usage Tips
========
-Meganium is best used to check physical attackers such as Floatzel, Barbaracle and Carracosta and Golem. To better check these Pokemons, it is best to keep Meganium as healthy as possible to check them. - change this to physical attackers
-mention that it can wear down foes with Toxic
-mention that it should commonly use Synthesis after switching in to stay healthy

Team Options
========
-mention stealth rock, spikes, and tspikes support which allows it to wear down foes and rack up damage with dragon tail
-mention hazard control (rapid spin and defog) so meganium isnt worn down on the switch

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
-remove Toxic since its a slash on the main set
-same ^ with giga drain
-mention swords dance as it actually has decent physical attacking coverage (but also make it known that its walled by a lot of stuff such as tangela)

Checks and Counters
===================
-mention fire-types, as they can eat up grass-type moves and retaliate with super effective hits
-same with flying-types ^

also doing this to bump your analysis, so gl :]

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The overview is still way too positive, as its niche over those pokemon really isnt relevant, so you shouldnt mention it has a niche over anything anyway; rather keep with what its outclassed by, and why

For the set, leech seed should be deslashed imo as reliable recovery is very important considering how strong most physical attackers are, and that roselia can easily stop it. Also i dont see a reason for leaf guard to be there when overgrow can be relevant. Im not too keen on energy ball being mentioned there, as the power increase isnt too noticeable especcially considering the extra passive recovery meganium gets (also this stuff should be reflected in moves/set details).

In UT, taunt isnt too relevant (plus pretty much every user forces you out) to mention

TO needs a bit of work. Meganium shouldnt be used on sun as it doesnt add anything but piles grass-type weaknesses, unviable pokemon (gigalith) shouldnt be mentioned, and every pokemon appreciates aromatheropy support so there is no need to mention that either. TO should reflect pokes to beat meganiums weaknesses more, like mention more pokemon that can actually beat fire types (the only one golem checks is rapidash - it also loses to the main poison type). Phazers is another thing you can mention as it uses dragon tail a lot

In OO you should not mention moves you have mentioned in the set

C&C also needs a lot of work. Firstly you should remove taunt users as the users beat it anyway (other than missy and the first responce should be to dtail that out). I think substitute should be removed as it isnt too common and the main users are threatened by meganium/force it out anyway, and same with fairy-types as clefairy is the only noteworthy fairy type to beat it and it isnt relevant enough to get a section
Call hard hitting special attackers just **Special Attackers**
You should also have sections for most of its weaknesses, mainly **Flying-types** and **fire-types** which are the most relevant.

kt3

The overview is still way too positive, as its niche over those pokemon really isnt relevant, so you shouldnt mention it has a niche over anything anyway; rather keep with what its outclassed by, and why

For the set, leech seed should be deslashed imo as reliable recovery is very important considering how strong most physical attackers are, and that roselia can easily stop it. Also i dont see a reason for leaf guard to be there when overgrow can be relevant. Im not too keen on energy ball being mentioned there, as the power increase isnt too noticeable especcially considering the extra passive recovery meganium gets (also this stuff should be reflected in moves/set details).

In UT, taunt isnt too relevant (plus pretty much every user forces you out) to mention

TO needs a bit of work. Meganium shouldnt be used on sun as it doesnt add anything but piles grass-type weaknesses, unviable pokemon (gigalith) shouldnt be mentioned, and every pokemon appreciates aromatheropy support so there is no need to mention that either. TO should reflect pokes to beat meganiums weaknesses more, like mention more pokemon that can actually beat fire types (the only one golem checks is rapidash - it also loses to the main poison type). Phazers is another thing you can mention as it uses dragon tail a lot

In OO you should not mention moves you have mentioned in the set

C&C also needs a lot of work. Firstly you should remove taunt users as the users beat it anyway (other than missy and the first responce should be to dtail that out). I think substitute should be removed as it isnt too common and the main users are threatened by meganium/force it out anyway, and same with fairy-types as clefairy is the only noteworthy fairy type to beat it and it isnt relevant enough to get a section
Call hard hitting special attackers just **Special Attackers**
You should also have sections for most of its weaknesses, mainly **Flying-types** and **fire-types** which are the most relevant.

kt3
Thank you very much, sir :). Pls tell me if there's still something wrong or a thing i forgot to implement.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In the Overview, you should also mention that is also outclassed by other offensive Grass-types such as Sawsbuck and Leafeon, limiting it to a support role. The set's primary ability should be Overgrow as Leaf Guard only works with sun support which you don't have, plus Meganium is running Aromatherapy to cure its status, so Overgrow is preferred. Also fix the EV spread so it says 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. In Moves, remove the mention of Protect and Leech Seed as it isn't part of the main set. In Usage Tips, the first point doesn't make sense as you say that you should send Meganium in against physical attackers, but you're running a specially defensive spread on Meganium, so fix this. In Team Options, remove the mention of Gigalith as its an irrelevant Pokemon and is a worse Golem. Also mention entry hazard setters that can help Meganium rack up hazard damage with Dragon Tail. In Other Options, mention Hidden Power Fire so you can do some damage to opposing Grass-types. Also make a mention of Sap Sipper Pokemon in Checks and Counters as Zebstrika can come in on a Giga Drain and retaliate with Overheat. Same thing with Sawsbuck and Gogoat as well. I'll check again when you implement this

kt3

In the Overview, you should also mention that is also outclassed by other offensive Grass-types such as Sawsbuck and Leafeon, limiting it to a support role. The set's primary ability should be Overgrow as Leaf Guard only works with sun support which you don't have, plus Meganium is running Aromatherapy to cure its status, so Overgrow is preferred. Also fix the EV spread so it says 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD. In Moves, remove the mention of Protect and Leech Seed as it isn't part of the main set. In Usage Tips, the first point doesn't make sense as you say that you should send Meganium in against physical attackers, but you're running a specially defensive spread on Meganium, so fix this. In Team Options, remove the mention of Gigalith as its an irrelevant Pokemon and is a worse Golem. Also mention entry hazard setters that can help Meganium rack up hazard damage with Dragon Tail. In Other Options, mention Hidden Power Fire so you can do some damage to opposing Grass-types. Also make a mention of Sap Sipper Pokemon in Checks and Counters as Zebstrika can come in on a Giga Drain and retaliate with Overheat. Same thing with Sawsbuck and Gogoat as well. I'll check again when you implement this

kt3
Thanks sir. Pls tell me if I forgot to implement something. Thanks again :).

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
When you talk about Hidden Power Fire, mention Leavanny > Ariados as it is much more common. also replace "Special Attackers" with "Physical Attackers" as you already mentioned Regice and Kadabra is immune to Toxic due to Magic Guard plus it 4HKOs Meganium with Signal Beam. Say Pokemon such as Stoutland, Ursaring, Simisage, etc. Also its 252 SpD, not 252 SpDef.
1/3.

When you talk about Hidden Power Fire, mention Leavanny > Ariados as it is much more common. also replace "Special Attackers" with "Physical Attackers" as you already mentioned Regice and Kadabra is immune to Toxic due to Magic Guard plus it 4HKOs Meganium with Signal Beam. Say Pokemon such as Stoutland, Ursaring, Simisage, etc. Also its 252 SpD, not 252 SpDef.
1/3.
Thank you so much sir :) . Implemented :).

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
[OVERVIEW]
''Lacks offense which gives setup sweepers such as Ninetales and Raichu advantage.'' mention you're talking about defensive sets that lack offensive presence
mention what having many weaknesses implies
mention why ability isn't useful

Set Details
========
''It can also force a guaranteed 2HKO to be a 3HKO.'' mention examples
instead of listing moves, mention specific Pokemon Meganium can take using a specially defensive spread
mention some Pokemon Meganium could tank using a ph def spread

Usage Tips
========
mention this should be weary about taking lot of damage bc synthesis still has kinda low pp
mention meganium's main priority is wearing down foes using toxic and racking up hazard damage with dragon tail
mention meganium has to be weary when against taunt users

Team Options
========
mention why meganium fits into these playstyles
mention pokemon that appreciate support from a cleric
mention pokemon that appreciate foes worn down by toxic
mention physical walls that can backup meganium from strong physical attackers
mention Pokemon such as Pawniard and Choice Band Stoutland that can deal with Misdreavus and other taunt users such as Vigoroth

Checks and Counters
===================
in physical attackers, i'd replace flareon with another physical attacker, as it isn't that good nor popular

merge fire-, ice-, and flying-types into a category named type advantage
in fire-types, replace flareon with something such as simisear
mention articuno in ice-types, as it actually resists giga drain and can set up a sub so it can't be phazed

kt3 QC 2/3

[OVERVIEW]
''Lacks offense which gives setup sweepers such as Ninetales and Raichu advantage.'' mention you're talking about defensive sets that lack offensive presence
mention what having many weaknesses implies
mention why ability isn't useful

Set Details
========
''It can also force a guaranteed 2HKO to be a 3HKO.'' mention examples
instead of listing moves, mention specific Pokemon Meganium can take using a specially defensive spread
mention some Pokemon Meganium could tank using a ph def spread

Usage Tips
========
mention this should be weary about taking lot of damage bc synthesis still has kinda low pp
mention meganium's main priority is wearing down foes using toxic and racking up hazard damage with dragon tail
mention meganium has to be weary when against taunt users

Team Options
========
mention why meganium fits into these playstyles
mention pokemon that appreciate support from a cleric
mention pokemon that appreciate foes worn down by toxic
mention physical walls that can backup meganium from strong physical attackers
mention Pokemon such as Pawniard and Choice Band Stoutland that can deal with Misdreavus and other taunt users such as Vigoroth

Checks and Counters
===================
in physical attackers, i'd replace flareon with another physical attacker, as it isn't that good nor popular

merge fire-, ice-, and flying-types into a category named type advantage
in fire-types, replace flareon with something such as simisear
mention articuno in ice-types, as it actually resists giga drain and can set up a sub so it can't be phazed

kt3 QC 2/3
Thanks sir :). Implemented :). Pls tell me if I forgot to implement something or if something is wrong :). I'm ready for the 3rd Check :D.

don't mention leaf guard in the overview since it isn't in the set

floatzel is mainly a special attacker, mention another physical attacker instead

relicanth isn't a physical wall, mention another one like carracosta

"Another thing is that Toxic strengthens them." -remove this as it only applies to guts users, the only common of which is machoke

remove mentions of nu mons

3/3

TONE

For the record the NU mons to remove are Poliwrath, Aurorus, Pawniard, and Torterra.

don't mention leaf guard in the overview since it isn't in the set

floatzel is mainly a special attacker, mention another physical attacker instead

relicanth isn't a physical wall, mention another one like carracosta

"Another thing is that Toxic strengthens them." -remove this as it only applies to guts users, the only common of which is machoke

remove mentions of nu mons

3/3
Thank you very much, sir. Implemented. I'm ready for GP :).

Malley

Dominachu
Add
Remove/Change
Comment
(AC) = Add Comma, (RC) = Remove Comma, (AH) = Add Hyphen

[OVERVIEW]
Meganium is outclassed by defensive Grass-types like such as Tangela as a physical wall, Roselia as a special wall, Quilladin for utility, (AC) and as well as Gourgeist with for better typing and physical bulk Say what the actual role Gourgeist outclasses Meganium in is, to fit with the sequence of "physical wall, special wall, utility" that you have already. It also faces competition with as an offensive Pokemon Grass-type with Grass typing such as from Leafeon and Sawsbuck, limiting Meganium to only a support role. Meganium's defensive sets lack offensive presence as well, giving making them vulnerable to setup sweepers like such as Raichu and Ninetales advantage. Its M mono-Grass typing gives it many and common weaknesses in the tier, (AC) which hinders Meganium's defensive capabilities. The abilities it gets access to, namely Overgrow and Leaf Guard, doesn't don't help much. Overgrow is only useful for giving your last Giga Drain before fainting. This doesn't really add much, but if you want to keep it then phrase is as "Overgrow is only useful for powering up Giga Drain when Meganium is already at cripplingly low health" Meganium's usefulness utility "Utility" is a general idea of what Meganium does, rather than a measure of how well it does it that implies a positive value is also minimized shut down by Taunt.

Nevertheless, Meganium's solid bulk, both physically and defensively, combined with average HP makes Meganium it a decent physical, special, (AC) or a mixed wall. It is also blessed with good support moves like such as Aromatherapy which also benefits Meganium.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Aromatherapy is a very useful move to cure status conditions not only for Meganium, but also for its teammates, making Meganium a good cleric. Synthesis provides Meganium with a reliable form of recovery. Giga Drain is another form of recovery and at the same time dealing that also deals massive damage to Ground-(AH), Water-(AH), (AC) or and Rock-types such as Carracosta, Barbaracle, and Golem. Dragon Tail is an option to phaze out setup sweepers lacking Substitute and allows Meganium to rack up hazards damage by shuffling the foes around when hazards are set. Toxic can also be used to put a timer on a foe and stall them out to knock them out.

Set Details
========

Leftovers provides a passive form of recovery, (AC) meaning Meganium does not have to rely too much on Synthesis and giving it better longevity. without relying too much on Synthesis. This would imply that Synthesis is also a form of passive recovery, and is generally a bit unclear This item increases Meganium's durability so it can tank hits better. Filler It can also force Articuno's Freeze Dry to be a 3HKO in which without Leftovers, would result to a 2HKO. Too specific Overgrow powers up Giga Drain when Meganium is weakened. weakened and hit hard. Maximum Special Defense and HP investment plus a Calm nature is are used to maximize Meganium's ability to tank wall You tank attacks, wall Pokemon special attackers like such as Simipour, Raichu, and Roselia. Alternatively, Meganium can run a physically defensive set with a Bold nature and an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD investment. This is used to better take the hits of physical attackers such as Kingler, Luxray, (AC) and Golem.

Usage Tips
========

Meganium is best used to check special attackers such as Kadabra, Raichu, (AC) and Simipour. However, watch out as the latter's Ice Beam hits you hard be wary of the latter's Ice Beam. To better check these Pokemons, it is best to keep Meganium as healthy as possible to check special attackers. Beware of taking too many hits because of Synthesis is low in PP. Meganium's priority is to either wear down foes with toxic Toxic or to rack up hazard damage with Dragon Tail when hazards are set This contradicts your previous statement that Meganium's main use is to check special attackers. Meganium should be sent in to cure the status ailments of its teammates. If a Pokemon sets up, it is best to use Dragon Tail to phaze it out. Also, Meganium has to be weary wary when dealing with Taunt users.

Team Options
========

Meganium fits well on Balanced,Stall or Bulky more bulky This should cover balance, stall, and anything in between teams due to its capability ability to wall and stall, alongside its decent buk bulk. Hazard setters such as Roselia and Carracosta that can setup Toxic Spikes or Spikes and Carracosta for putting Stealth Rock on the field are good partners to help rack up the damage Meganium does when shuffling with Dragon Tail. Rock-types such as Golem are great teammates, (AC) as they can handle Flying-(AH), Fire-(AH), Ice-(AH), (AC) and Bug-types, (AC) plus Poison-types if the Rock-type has access to Earthquake with their Earthquake. In return, Meganium checks Water-(AH) , (RC) and Ground-types for them. Water-types such as Floatzel and Poliwrath pairs up well with Meganium, (AC) as they can check Fire-types, and Floatzel can also check Flying-types with its coverage moves including some Flying types with their coverage moves. In return, Meganium resists Electric-types for them, including foe as well as Water-types that may stop their them sweeping. (add space)They also form two-thirds of the a Fire-Water-Grass core. Fire-types such as Ninetales and Heatmor complete the Fire-Water-Grass core and are good checks for Bug-(AH) and Ice-types. Meganium repays them by checking Water-(AH), Rock-(AH), (AC) and Ground-(AH)types. Pokemons such as Dodrio and Stoutland that dislike burn and paralysis appreciate Meganium's Aromatherapy support. In return, they can deal with taunt Taunt users that shut down Meganium. Physical walls like such as Avalugg and Carracosta can back Meganium up for against strong physical attackers.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A Dual Screens set can be ran run, (AC) as Meganium has enough bulk to set up screens, (AC) but it is outclassed by Meowstic in doing this. Counter can be used to punish physical attackers such as Arbok, Sawsbuck, and many others, though it is dependent on the foe not dealing too much damage 's damage. Rocky Helmet can also be used to punish Pokemons using contact moves. It inflicts damage to users of contact moves such as Barbaracle, some sets of Poliwrath, Ursaring spinners and U-turn users. Leech Seed is an option to provide a form of recovery and at the same time damaging damage the foe. Energy Ball deals stronger more damage than Giga Drain but removes one of Meganium's forms of recovery. (add space)Hidden Power Fire is also a choice an option to hit opposing Grass-types such as Tangela and Sawsbuck super-(RH) effectively. It can also be used to hit Bug-types like such as Ninjask and Leavanny.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Physical Attackers**: Meganium can't do much to Pokemons such as Ursaring and Luxray except to stomach the hit and phaze them out.

**Type Advantage**: Fire-types like such as Flareon and Ninetales deal tons of massive damage to Meganium and takes minimal damage from it. The latter can also take advantage of Meganium by setting up with Nasty Plot. Flying-types such as Jumpluff, (RC) and Dodrio resist Meganium's STAB moves and can retaliate with their super-(RH) effective STAB attacks. The former can also sets up with Swords Dance. Ice-types like such as Articuno and Regice threaten Meganium, (AC) cause Meganium trouble, and the former with the former This is to separate their offensive and defensives capabilities, which you have already started doing by adding on the resistance at the end also resisting s Meganium's STAB move. Meganium also fears Bug-types such as Leavanny and Ninjask that can knock Meganium out with ease. Poison-(AH)types like such as Seviper and Arbok also destroys Meganium without too much many problems. QC, but I feel it would be cleaner to divide this up into individual points for each type.

**Roselia**: Roselia can cause Meganium some trouble, (AC) as it resists Giga Drain and is immune to Toxic. It can also deal a huge amount of damage using Sludge Bomb and Meganium has no choice but to phaze Roselia out or switch to a teammate. Why is this separate from the Poison-types in Type Advantage?

**Sap Sipper**: Pokemons with Sap Sipper like such as Zebstrika, Sawsbuck, (AC) and Gogoat can switch in to Meganium's Giga Drain and retaliate with their attacks.

GP 1/2

Add
Remove/Change
Comment
(AC) = Add Comma, (RC) = Remove Comma, (AH) = Add Hyphen

[OVERVIEW]
Meganium is outclassed by defensive Grass-types like such as Tangela as a physical wall, Roselia as a special wall, Quilladin for utility, (AC) and as well as Gourgeist with for better typing and physical bulk Say what the actual role Gourgeist outclasses Meganium in is, to fit with the sequence of "physical wall, special wall, utility" that you have already. It also faces competition with as an offensive Pokemon Grass-type with Grass typing such as from Leafeon and Sawsbuck, limiting Meganium to only a support role. Meganium's defensive sets lack offensive presence as well, giving making them vulnerable to setup sweepers like such as Raichu and Ninetales advantage. Its M mono-Grass typing gives it many and common weaknesses in the tier, (AC) which hinders Meganium's defensive capabilities. The abilities it gets access to, namely Overgrow and Leaf Guard, doesn't don't help much. Overgrow is only useful for giving your last Giga Drain before fainting. This doesn't really add much, but if you want to keep it then phrase is as "Overgrow is only useful for powering up Giga Drain when Meganium is already at cripplingly low health" Meganium's usefulness utility "Utility" is a general idea of what Meganium does, rather than a measure of how well it does it that implies a positive value is also minimized shut down by Taunt.

Nevertheless, Meganium's solid bulk, both physically and defensively, combined with average HP makes Meganium it a decent physical, special, (AC) or a mixed wall. It is also blessed with good support moves like such as Aromatherapy which also benefits Meganium.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Aromatherapy is a very useful move to cure status conditions not only for Meganium, but also for its teammates, making Meganium a good cleric. Synthesis provides Meganium with a reliable form of recovery. Giga Drain is another form of recovery and at the same time dealing that also deals massive damage to Ground-(AH), Water-(AH), (AC) or and Rock-types such as Carracosta, Barbaracle, and Golem. Dragon Tail is an option to phaze out setup sweepers lacking Substitute and allows Meganium to rack up hazards damage by shuffling the foes around when hazards are set. Toxic can also be used to put a timer on a foe and stall them out to knock them out.

Set Details
========

Leftovers provides a passive form of recovery, (AC) meaning Meganium does not have to rely too much on Synthesis and giving it better longevity. without relying too much on Synthesis. This would imply that Synthesis is also a form of passive recovery, and is generally a bit unclear This item increases Meganium's durability so it can tank hits better. Filler It can also force Articuno's Freeze Dry to be a 3HKO in which without Leftovers, would result to a 2HKO. Too specific Overgrow powers up Giga Drain when Meganium is weakened. weakened and hit hard. Maximum Special Defense and HP investment plus a Calm nature is are used to maximize Meganium's ability to tank wall You tank attacks, wall Pokemon special attackers like such as Simipour, Raichu, and Roselia. Alternatively, Meganium can run a physically defensive set with a Bold nature and an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD investment. This is used to better take the hits of physical attackers such as Kingler, Luxray, (AC) and Golem.

Usage Tips
========

Meganium is best used to check special attackers such as Kadabra, Raichu, (AC) and Simipour. However, watch out as the latter's Ice Beam hits you hard be wary of the latter's Ice Beam. To better check these Pokemons, it is best to keep Meganium as healthy as possible to check special attackers. Beware of taking too many hits because of Synthesis is low in PP. Meganium's priority is to either wear down foes with toxic Toxic or to rack up hazard damage with Dragon Tail when hazards are set This contradicts your previous statement that Meganium's main use is to check special attackers. Meganium should be sent in to cure the status ailments of its teammates. If a Pokemon sets up, it is best to use Dragon Tail to phaze it out. Also, Meganium has to be weary wary when dealing with Taunt users.

Team Options
========

Meganium fits well on Balanced,Stall or Bulky more bulky This should cover balance, stall, and anything in between teams due to its capability ability to wall and stall, alongside its decent buk bulk. Hazard setters such as Roselia and Carracosta that can setup Toxic Spikes or Spikes and Carracosta for putting Stealth Rock on the field are good partners to help rack up the damage Meganium does when shuffling with Dragon Tail. Rock-types such as Golem are great teammates, (AC) as they can handle Flying-(AH), Fire-(AH), Ice-(AH), (AC) and Bug-types, (AC) plus Poison-types if the Rock-type has access to Earthquake with their Earthquake. In return, Meganium checks Water-(AH) , (RC) and Ground-types for them. Water-types such as Floatzel and Poliwrath pairs up well with Meganium, (AC) as they can check Fire-types, and Floatzel can also check Flying-types with its coverage moves including some Flying types with their coverage moves. In return, Meganium resists Electric-types for them, including foe as well as Water-types that may stop their them sweeping. (add space)They also form two-thirds of the a Fire-Water-Grass core. Fire-types such as Ninetales and Heatmor complete the Fire-Water-Grass core and are good checks for Bug-(AH) and Ice-types. Meganium repays them by checking Water-(AH), Rock-(AH), (AC) and Ground-(AH)types. Pokemons such as Dodrio and Stoutland that dislike burn and paralysis appreciate Meganium's Aromatherapy support. In return, they can deal with taunt Taunt users that shut down Meganium. Physical walls like such as Avalugg and Carracosta can back Meganium up for against strong physical attackers.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A Dual Screens set can be ran run, (AC) as Meganium has enough bulk to set up screens, (AC) but it is outclassed by Meowstic in doing this. Counter can be used to punish physical attackers such as Arbok, Sawsbuck, and many others, though it is dependent on the foe not dealing too much damage 's damage. Rocky Helmet can also be used to punish Pokemons using contact moves. It inflicts damage to users of contact moves such as Barbaracle, some sets of Poliwrath, Ursaring spinners and U-turn users. Leech Seed is an option to provide a form of recovery and at the same time damaging damage the foe. Energy Ball deals stronger more damage than Giga Drain but removes one of Meganium's forms of recovery. (add space)Hidden Power Fire is also a choice an option to hit opposing Grass-types such as Tangela and Sawsbuck super-(RH) effectively. It can also be used to hit Bug-types like such as Ninjask and Leavanny.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Physical Attackers**: Meganium can't do much to Pokemons such as Ursaring and Luxray except to stomach the hit and phaze them out.

**Type Advantage**: Fire-types like such as Flareon and Ninetales deal tons of massive damage to Meganium and takes minimal damage from it. The latter can also take advantage of Meganium by setting up with Nasty Plot. Flying-types such as Jumpluff, (RC) and Dodrio resist Meganium's STAB moves and can retaliate with their super-(RH) effective STAB attacks. The former can also sets up with Swords Dance. Ice-types like such as Articuno and Regice threaten Meganium, (AC) cause Meganium trouble, and the former with the former This is to separate their offensive and defensives capabilities, which you have already started doing by adding on the resistance at the end also resisting s Meganium's STAB move. Meganium also fears Bug-types such as Leavanny and Ninjask that can knock Meganium out with ease. Poison-(AH)types like such as Seviper and Arbok also destroys Meganium without too much many problems. QC, but I feel it would be cleaner to divide this up into individual points for each type.

**Roselia**: Roselia can cause Meganium some trouble, (AC) as it resists Giga Drain and is immune to Toxic. It can also deal a huge amount of damage using Sludge Bomb and Meganium has no choice but to phaze Roselia out or switch to a teammate. Why is this separate from the Poison-types in Type Advantage?

**Sap Sipper**: Pokemons with Sap Sipper like such as Zebstrika, Sawsbuck, (AC) and Gogoat can switch in to Meganium's Giga Drain and retaliate with their attacks.

GP 1/2
Thank you very much, sir. Implemented :). Ready for the second check :D.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove
add (Capitalize / Fix)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
[OVERVIEW]
Meganium is outclassed by defensive Grass-types such as by Tangela as a physical wall, Roselia as a special wall, Quilladin for utility, and Gourgeist for typing and physical bulk. It also faces competition as an offensive Grass-type from Leafeon and Sawsbuck, limiting Meganium to only a support role. Meganium's defensive sets lack offensive presence as well, making them vulnerable to setup sweepers such as Raichu and Ninetales. Its mono-Grass typing gives it many common weaknesses in the tier, (AC) which hinders Meganium's defensive capabilities. The abilities it gets access to, namely Overgrow and Leaf Guard, don't help much. Overgrow is only useful for powering up Giga Drain when Meganium is already at cripplingly low health. Meganium's usefulness (or replace "shut down" with "taken away" or something) is also shut down by Taunt.

Nevertheless, Meganium's solid bulk, both physically and defensively specially, combined with average HP makes it a decent physical, special, (AC) or mixed wall. It is also blessed with good support moves such as Aromatherapy.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Aromatherapy is a very useful move to cure status conditions not only for Meganium (RC) but also for its teammates, making Meganium a good cleric. Synthesis provides Meganium with a reliable form of recovery. Giga Drain is another form of recovery that also deals massive damage to Ground-, Water-, and Rock-types such as Carracosta, Barbaracle, and Golem. Dragon Tail is an option to phaze out setup sweepers lacking Substitute and to rack up hazards entry hazard damage by shuffling the foes around. Toxic can also be used to put a timer on a foe and stall them it out.

Set Details
========

Leftovers provides a passive form of recovery, meaning Meganium does not have to rely too much on Synthesis and giving it better longevity. Overgrow powers up Giga Drain when Meganium is weakened. Maximum Special Defense and HP investment plus and a Calm nature are used to maximize Meganium's ability to wall special attackers such as Simipour, Raichu, and Roselia. Alternatively, Meganium can run a physically defensive set with a Bold nature and an EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD. This is used to better take the hits of physical attackers such as Kingler, Luxray, and Golem.

Usage Tips
========

Meganium is used to check special attackers such as Kadabra, Raichu, and Simipour. However, be wary of the latter's Ice Beam. To better check these Pokemon, it is best to keep Meganium as healthy as possible. Beware of taking too many hits because Synthesis is low in has low PP. Meganium's priority main objective is either to either wear down foes with Toxic or to rack up entry hazard damage with Dragon Tail when hazards are set. Meganium should be sent in to cure the status ailments of its teammates. If a Pokemon sets up, it is best to use Dragon Tail to phaze it out. (redundancy error, the "out" part is implied with "phaze" anyways) Also Additionally, Meganium has to be wary when dealing with Taunt users.

Team Options
========

Meganium fits well on more bulky teams due to its ability to wall and stall, alongside its decent bulk. Entry hazard setters such as Roselia and Carracosta are good partners to help rack up the damage Meganium does when shuffling with Dragon Tail. Rock-types such as Golem are great teammates, as they can handle Flying-, Fire-, Ice-, and Bug-types, (AC) plus in addition to Poison-types (RC) if the Rock-types has have (simply "they" over "the Rock-types" would sound better imo but it'd be ambiguous, so idk...) access to Earthquake. In return, Meganium checks Water- and Ground-types for them. Water-types such as Floatzel and Poliwrath pair up well with Meganium, as they check Fire-types, and Floatzel can also check Flying-types (add hyphen) with its coverage moves. In return, Meganium resists Electric-types Electric-type moves for them, as well as and can take on Water-types that may stop them from sweeping.(space)They also form two-thirds of a Fire / Water / Grass (dashes to slashes) core. Fire-types such as Ninetales and Heatmor complete the Fire / Water / Grass (same) core and are good checks for to Bug- and Ice-types. Meganium repays them by checking Water-, Rock- and Ground-types. Pokemon such as Dodrio and Stoutland that dislike burn and paralysis such as Dodrio and Stoutland appreciate Meganium's Aromatherapy support. In return, they deal with Taunt users that shut down Meganium. Physical walls such as Avalugg and Carracosta can back Meganium up against strong physical attackers.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A dual screens set can be run, as Meganium has enough bulk to set them up screens, but it is outclassed by Meowstic in doing this. Counter can be used to punish physical attackers such as Arbok, Sawsbuck, and many others, though it is dependent on the foe not dealing too much damage. Rocky Helmet can also be used to punish Pokemon using contact moves. Leech Seed is an option to provide a form of recovery and at the same time damage the foe. Energy Ball deals more damage than Giga Drain but removes one of Meganium's forms of recovery.(space)Hidden Power Fire is also an option to hit opposing Grass-types such as Tangela and Sawsbuck super effectively. It can also be used to hit Bug-types such as Ninjask and Leavanny.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Physical Attackers**: Meganium can't do much to Pokemon such as Ursaring and Luxray except to stomach the hit and phaze them out.

**Type Advantage**: Fire-types such as Flareon and Ninetales deal massive damage to Meganium and take minimal damage from it. The latter can also take advantage of Meganium by setting up with Nasty Plot. Flying-types such as Jumpluff and Dodrio resist Meganium's STAB moves and can retaliate with their super effective STAB attacks. The former can also set up with Swords Dance. Ice-types such as Articuno and Regice threaten Meganium, (AC) with the former also resisting Meganium's STAB move. Meganium also fears Bug-types such as Leavanny and Ninjask, (AC) that which can knock Meganium out with ease. Poison-types such as Seviper and Arbok also destroy Meganium without too many problems.

**Roselia**: Roselia can cause Meganium some trouble, as it resists Giga Drain and is immune to Toxic. It can also deal a huge amount of damage using Sludge Bomb, (AC) and Meganium has no choice but to phaze Roselia out or switch to a teammate.

**Sap Sipper**: Pokemon with Sap Sipper such as Zebstrika, Sawsbuck, and Gogoat can switch in to Meganium's Giga Drain and retaliate with their attacks.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)