Arceus-Ground [GP: 2/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ground Arceus, particularly special sets (A special set isn't even a main set though...), do have some flaws; it has a hard time against Pokemon immune to Judgment, such as Ho-Oh, Latios, and Latias. Furthermore, it lacks the power to break through specially bulky Pokemon, and it has redundant synergy (offensive or defensive? If it's both, just use type synergy) with Primal Groudon. Luckily, the better and more common Swords Dance set can smash some of the checks to the special set, giving Ground Arceus a fair bit of unpredictability and very few safe switch-ins (But SD is its only main set, so won't opponents prepare for it?). Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Kyogre and Grass Arceus are less uncommon as well, allowing Ground Arceus to be even deadlier.
Thanks, that really didn't make sense. I do think it's right to keep a brief mention of the special set with negative connotations even though it's not a main set anymore. How about this gp-wise?: "Luckily, the better and more common Swords Dance set can smash checks to the special set making Swords Dance Ground Arceus a dangerous set with few safe switch-ins." ? Implementing the rest tomorrow

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks, that really didn't make sense. I do think it's right to keep a brief mention of the special set with negative connotations even though it's not a main set anymore. How about this gp-wise?: "Luckily, the better and more common Swords Dance set can smash checks to the special set making Swords Dance Ground Arceus a dangerous set with few safe switch-ins." ? Implementing the rest tomorrow
Personally I'd recommend taking mentions of the special set out of the overview entirely. If it only merits an OO mention, it should probably not be a main point in the overview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)