ORAS UU Check Me Out

Hello, this is my first time ever posting in the RMT ever. I've made previous UU teams before, but this is a team that I put a lot of thought and planning into. Let me know what you think!

lucario.gif
nidoking.gif
swampert.gif
rotom-heat.gif
whimsicott.gif
crobat.gif

lucario.gif

Lucario Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
Close Combat
Crunch
Swords Dance
Extremespeed

Lucario is the hopeful star of the team. I wanted to build this team around a potential sweeper, and I've learned Lucario is one of the best. Swords Dance and Close Combat are a given, I'm running Adamant nature because of Extremespeed I don't believe speed will be too much of a priority, and Crunch to cover ghosts that would otherwise completely wall me.

nidoking.gif

Nidoking Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Timid Nature
Sludge Wave
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Nidoking is meant to be a special wallbreaker, with loads of coverage and lots of power due to sheer force + life orb. Nidoking is another reason I chose to run Crunch on Lucario for the Psychic coverage. Nidoking's main job is to come in and dominate special walls.

swampert.gif

Swampert Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Scald
Toxic

Swampert is the defensive wall. In my past experiences with UU, I have noticed that Mega Aerodactyl is a common threat and I was never fully prepared for it. That was one of the main thoughts behind defensive Swampert, because it can act as a check to Mega Aero and scare it out with STAB Scald. He can also set up rocks to further boost Lucario's sweeping later game, and has a good defensive typing. Toxic is for wearing down opposing walls.

rotom-heat.gif

Rotom-H Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 SpD, 4 SpA
Calm Nature
Volt Switch
Overheat
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split

Rotom-H was a good fit for my team for multiple reasons. The first being the ground immunity in levitate that would otherwise cripple both Lucario and Nidoking. Rotom-H also is another fire resistance alongside Swampert that would cripple Lucario, and also resists the grass typing that would dominate Swampert. I prefer Will-O-Wisp users to be specially defensive because you can halve the attack with Will and have much more walling potential for both physical and special. I also like Volt Switch so I could land a free switch into Nidoking or Lucario to potentially do some work, and Pain Split for some recovery/breaking down possible walls.

whimsicott.gif

Whimsicott Focus sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 SpD
Timid Nature
Moonblast
Energy Ball
Encore
Stun Spore

Whimsicott is mainly going to be used for support with Encore and Stun Spore. With Dragon pokemon I feel that Moonblast will come in handy, and I also wanted some grass coverage so I threw Energy Ball in. Whimsicott can come in on potential set up sweepers and nail them with a priority Encore, then either Stun Spore or any other move depending on the poke. (Fairly good switch into Feraligatr anticipating DDance, then either Stun Spore or Energy Ball)

crobat.gif

Crobat Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 Def
Jolly Nature
Brave Bird
U-Turn
Defog
Roost

I noticed that my team was lacking speed and hazard removal, and what better pokemon to use for both then Crobat. Crobat's ideal job is to defog, and give me switch potential with U-Turn. Crobat also has excellent typing, walling both fighting and grass which are both heavy hitting on Lucario and Swampert. The attack investment and STAB Brave Bird can still do major damage if necessary.

Let me know what you guys think! No I have not tested this team out yet. I have played a lot of UU though, and I believe that this team could do some work. I am open to new ideas, so any suggestions just let me know!

Hello OgWeNtD interesting team you have here. I think your team has some pretty good synergy and you seem to have answers for a lot of common threats. I have a few basic changes I think will overall better the makeup of this team, as well as one pokemon change that I think will work great. My idea with this team is to make it revolve around Volt-Turn. Volt-Turn, if you do not know, is a strategy and play-style where you have a core of pokemon using Volt Switch, U Turn, or both. This strategy is useful on offensive teams since it grants you momentum throughout the game.

I am going to start off with a few basic changes. Change Lucario from Adamant -> Jolly. Jolly Nature on Lucario is needed right now so you can outspeed threats like Feraligatr, Mamoswine, and Entei, all of which Lucario practically needs to outspeed. My next suggestion is Roar > Toxic on Swampert. Roar comes in handy more often than not and is for sure your best bet on Swampert. Setup sweepers like Reuniclus would give this teams problems and being able to stop sweeps from happening without having risking Encore predictions is favorable.

Next up is changing Whimsicott to a defensive variant. A bulkier whimsicott will really piece this team together as it gives you a check to pokemon like Feraligatr and Mega Swampert which would otherwise dismantle your team. This also gives you another fighting resist and a more reliable switch in to Dragon types. Your set should be like this:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn
- Stun Spore

Now my final suggestions are making Rotom-H Choice Specs and replacing Nidoqueen to Mega Beedrill. Rotom H will replace Nidoqueen as your main Special wall breaker and Mega Beedrill will complete the 4 pokemon Volt-Turn core I was imagining. You lacked a Mega, as well as a strong physical presence that had power right off the bat. With these changes, I think this team has really good potential. Hope you try these changes, and good luck! Here are your sets:

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Knock Off / Drill Run / Toxic Spikes

Last edited:
Hello OgWeNtD interesting team you have here. I think your team has some pretty good synergy and you seem to have answers for a lot of common threats. I have a few basic changes I think will overall better the makeup of this team, as well as one pokemon change that I think will work great. My idea with this team is to make it revolve around Volt-Turn. Volt-Turn, if you do not know, is a strategy and play-style where you have a core of pokemon using Volt Switch, U Turn, or both. This strategy is useful on offensive teams since it grants you momentum throughout the game.

I am going to start off with a few basic changes. Change Lucario from Adamant -> Jolly. Jolly Nature on Lucario is needed right now so you can outspeed threats like Feraligatr, Mamoswine, and Entei, all of which Lucario practically needs to outspeed. My next suggestion is Roar > Toxic on Swampert. Roar comes in handy more often than not and is for sure your best bet on Swampert. Setup sweepers like Reuniclus would give this teams problems and being able to stop sweeps from happening without having risking Encore predictions is favorable.

Next up is changing Whimsicott to a defensive variant. A bulkier whimsicott will really piece this team together as it gives you a check to pokemon like Feraligatr and Mega Swampert which would otherwise dismantle your team. This also gives you another fighting resist and a more reliable switch in to Dragon types. Your set should be like this:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn
- Stun Spore

Now my final suggestions are making Rotom-H Choice Specs and replacing Nidoqueen to Mega Beedrill. Rotom H will replace Nidoqueen as your main Special wall breaker and Mega Beedrill will complete the 4 pokemon Volt-Turn core I was imagining. You lacked a Mega, as well as a strong physical presence that had power right off the bat. With these changes, I think this team has really good potential. Hope you try these changes, and good luck! Here are your sets:

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Trick

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Knock Off / Drill Run / Toxic Spikes
He needs that grass move on Whimsi because its his only scald switch-in.

He needs that grass move on Whimsi because its his only scald switch-in.
I do not think a move like Giga Drain will help due to how weak it is, although other options can consist of either giving Whimsicott Leech Seed or switching Swampert for Seismitoad. That is a good point, though.

Edit: OgWeNtD I went ahead and played a few games with your team to give see how it works with my changes. Here is the first game I had with it:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-255950592

The team played pretty well. I like it a lot.

Last edited:
I like the way this team looks, and after seeing it used (thanks to Chrito The Gr8) I am going to have to agree with the change they chose. The set you were running on Whims before was just begging for defensive and I second that change. I also like changing Nidoking to Mega-Beedrill. Not only does this allow you to have addition VoltTurn mons, it gives you the option to scout (if you watch the replay you can see the benefits of this).

Also, i should have mentioned this before, but Jolly Lucario is actually a must in the current meta, further emphasizing the need to outspeed Entei. With the changes suggested to your team, without Jolly Luc, Entei can just clicks a Fire-Move and Stone Edge and break through or status your walls, as well as takes out all of your offensive mons with relative ease. Just a fun fact, Adamant Entei outspeeds max speed Timid Rotom-H by one point. Keep that in mind.

Suggestions that I have: Like DaSpoofy mentioned, having a grass move can really help and you do lack Scald switchins. I would recommend using Rotom-C to help with these problems. Even though it is only a psuedo-switchin to scald getting burned wouldn't be too big of a deal if you keep the VoltTurn aspect in mind. having Rotom-C can also help with your Mega Aero weakness, as Adamant max attack Aerial Ace does 57.6 - 68.4% as opposed to Stone Edge or Aqua Tail always KO'ing Rotom-H. This change can also help you against opposing Swampert, as the game plan with the current team is keep hitting it with moves until it leaves. With Rotom-C you can click Leaf Storm and something is taking a huge hit. Rotom-C also doesn't take 25% from rocks, making your Crobat's job a little easier. Downside is this makes you equally susceptible to Entei, and opens up more for Mamoswine to hit (even though you live Adamant LO Ice Shard still sucks to take). Swampert is still the answer to Mamo.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

As it stands with Christo The Gr8's changes, the team is pretty good. It looks fun, while also having the capabilities to win many games against threatening teams. I hope you try out these changes and see how they work for you and the way you like to play. :]

I do not think a move like Giga Drain will help due to how weak it is, although other options can consist of either giving Whimsicott Leech Seed or switching Swampert for Seismitoad. That is a good point, though.

Edit: OgWeNtD I went ahead and played a few games with your team to give see how it works with my changes. Here is the first game I had with it:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-255950592

The team played pretty well. I like it a lot.
I watched the video, and I liked it! Although I wonder if the team will have potential problems without a dedicated special tank? With Swampert and Whimsicott both being physically defensive.

I watched the video, and I liked it! Although I wonder if the team will have potential problems without a dedicated special tank? With Swampert and Whimsicott both being physically defensive.
I do not see that as too much of an issue. The one threat I could see would be an Azelf, which is still dealt with by offensive pressure as well as 2 pokemon that outspeed. Although if some random Scarf pokemon threatens your team so much like a Chandelure, you can always Stun Spore it if all goes wrong. The one main thing all teams need a switch into is Draco Meteor, which you have, so i think you will be fine. And frankly, Specially Defensive Rotom H was not going to be switching into threats like Azelf, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)