VGC 2015: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately everytime I have reached out to these.folks I have been blown off so I am looking for help.still....
For VGC, you should check out the resources page pinned on this subforum. As for an intro to competitive battles, if you google a guide to EVs and Natures, that's most of what you need to know. For breeding and training, just search for a breeding and/or training guide for generation 6 or your game of choice.

For VGC, you should check out the resources page pinned on this subforum. As for an intro to competitive battles, if you google a guide to EVs and Natures, that's most of what you need to know. For breeding and training, just search for a breeding and/or training guide for generation 6 or your game of choice.
Ya i am familiar with all of these things I am more at the point of learning about team building and strategy....

Ya i am familiar with all of these things I am more at the point of learning about team building and strategy....
For team building I'd recommend checking out the Sample Teams thread, the Smogon VGC Viability Rankings, the Common Archetypes thread, and the Nugget Bridge team reports just to learn what Pokemon are good and work together well. I would also recommend using Team Magma's Team Builder as it helps you see where you are weak type wise. Now strategy is something that I feel you need to learn on your own. The best way to figure out strategy is just to play, whether it be on a retail cartridge or on Pokemon Showdown. Do not be afraid to fail. When I first picked up VGC I got stomped, hard. After a while you pick up on what moves Pokemon commonly run, how different archetypes play, and how to predict your opponent's moves.

What is a weird RU/NU Pokemon I can build a team off of?

Also, what's a weird Mega to build off of? (doesn't need to go with first Pokemon, this is seperate)

Mega Alakazam should be Timid with 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe.
I would run
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Encore/ Grass Knot

You can also run Energy Ball/ Dazzling Gleam if you need that coverage :)
Mega Alakazam needs to have Protect though.

For a Choice Scarf Chandelure would you run Timid or Modest. Do you really need to outspeed Gengar.
Modest Scarf outspeeds Gengar, by a lot, so that's not the question.
Scarf runs Modest, unless:
- you want to outrun Scarf Adamant Landog; largely pointless, as you can't OHKO without Modest + Sun Fire Blast, or Modest Overheat.
- you really hate Timid Scarf Heatran; Heatran's Earth Power and bulk is going to win anyway.
- you want the extra Speed after you Trick the Scarf to an Amoonguss or something; this is by far the best reason I can see to run Timid and even then it's a bit shaky.

I'm trying to think of a reliable rain check that wouldn't be crippled by sunshine. Any ideas?

Team so far is:
CharY, Aegislash, Lando-T, Conkeldurr

AV Conkeldurr deals with Ludicolo + Politoed pretty well, but I want to run Wide Guard on it, so that's not an option.
Moving Wide Guard to Aegislash and using AV Conkeldurr is not an option I would consider, because I want to run three attack Aegislash.

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor
I'm trying to think of a reliable rain check that wouldn't be crippled by sunshine. Any ideas?

Team so far is:
CharY, Aegislash, Lando-T, Conkeldurr

AV Conkeldurr deals with Ludicolo + Politoed pretty well, but I want to run Wide Guard on it, so that's not an option.
Moving Wide Guard to Aegislash and using AV Conkeldurr is not an option I would consider, because I want to run three attack Aegislash.
Virizion is very good against rain and scares Charizard with Stone Edge. AV Raikou can do well against both but leaves you with a lot of pokemon without Protect on your team (assuming Lando is scarfed and Conkeldurr has Wide Guard instead). T-wave Thundurus and Cresselia can slow down the rain teams for other things to kill them. Cresselia also takes their hits decently well but Thundurus is quickly worn down.

What simulator is generally used nowadays for vgc?, cant find the old Skarmbliss forum so i can find which simulator and server.

what's the overall best follow me user??
If you're running setup mons (Mega TTar, Mega Mence, Gyarados, etc), Clefairy is the general best for bulky redirection plus the unique ability to defend against spread damage at the same time with Friend Guard.
Togekiss can set up Tailwind, and generally do a ton of shit other than just redirect hits. It's also immune to EQ if plan to spam that.
Lucario/Mega Luke can do it, as a surprise factor, while maintaining powerful offense; but has no bulk.

the most popular redirector is amoonguss with rage powder, which, while a strictly worse move than follow me comes packaged with a better defensive typing than most follow me users

nicholascookie

Banned deucer.
I noticed something about my Mawile that it was caught in a Love ball would this be illegal in a tournament.
Unless its ability is Sheer Force, no, because Sheer Force is a Hidden Ability, and Mawile is available as a regular encounter in Soul Silver, where Love Balls are available. Legitimacy isn't a difficult issue to look up, please do your own research before asking others to spoonfeed you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)