ORAS OU Star's Wand - SvtFoE Themed Bulky Offense

If you can read this, then this has already been shoved down your throat.

My brain doesn’t ever leave me alone if it feels like something is off. It told me that Intersection was a pile of steaming tar flawed and that I must make a Mega Scizor team where ‘Zor is the primary win-condition. It's not that Intersection is really very defensively flawed - it's probably one of the best bulky offense builds I've made in terms of that, but it didn't function very cohesively offensively. Now, I’m currently obsessed with Star vs. the Forces of Evil so I also take it as an excuse to slap nicknames on it and a theme for the RMT and subsequently shove it down all your throats. In many ways is this a successor to Intersection with only two different ‘mons but it functions heavily differently.

Also, the nicknames are completely and utterly optional when using the teams. Keep in mind that I had to abbreviate some of the spells due to the character limit, which does result in a changed word and some more awkward nicknames. Also, the gifs I had planned weren't very compliant, but you can find them here: Clicky

+
As I said, this team is in quite the similar team in pokemon composition to Intersection, but I never really intended for that to begin with. I started with a Mega Scizor + Keldeo core start off the team, as I was really feeling the pony at the time for its ability to check numerous things that I tended to make teams weak to.

Next I wanted something that could help absorb hits from Talonflame, and Tank ‘Chomp is a fantastic offensive glue that I've grown rather fond of, so you know the rest.

Afterwards, I felt like I needed a more reliable way of absorbing hits from Torn-T, murdering Ferrothorn, all-round glue and somewhat helping against fatter builds. Stallbreaker Heatran seemed like a decent choice.

By here, I was more or less functioning on auto-pilot by now and slapped on AV Raikou because I more or less can’t build offense without it, and also because I really, really hate Torn-T. Ultimately though, I swapped out AV for Sub CM Raikou just because I found the lefties recovery and having a special set-up win-condition quite valuable.

I needed a Keldeo check by now, hazard removal, Rotom-W counter, and despite how much of a liability I find it in a rather Pursuit filled metagame, Latios fits in just fine.

A Mega Sableye weakness was found, and I did not tolerate it for a second. Heatran was converted to a rocks setter while Garchomp was replaced by SpD SD Gliscor.

Rainbow Fist Punch (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 44 Def / 188 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

When will Mega Scizor have a dex spread that completely does what it claims to? 248 HP and 16+ Def EVs are far more than enough to avoid the 2HKO from Adamant Lando-T’s EQ and doesn’t guarantee avoidance after rocks, and the SpD EVs are more than necessary (or less if you’re looking to avoid the KO from a LO Latios’ Draco followed by a -2 HP Fire after rocks). Getting past that, Mega Scizor fills in the role of a bulky weak pivot that ultimately functions as a win-condition in some match-ups. U-turn is run over Knock Off mostly for early game pivoting and puts a lot of pressure off if a Magnezone happens to be on the opposing team. The EVs allow for Mega Scizor to avoid the 2HKO from Mega Lopunny’s High Jump Kick, the OHKO from Clefable’s Fire Blast after rocks, while the rest is dumped in attack.

Narwhal Blast (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Keldeo is certainly a significant but easily checked source of power, but it has many luxuries from its valuable resistances such as its rocks resistance, pursuit resistance, and better bulk than fat Starmie (Which isn't saying much) that lets it come in and out repeatedly spamming ridiculously powerful Scalds. Despite how powerful of a narwhal pony it’s offensive capabilities are only half of the package. It fills in many otherwise massive holes in the team’s build such as non HP-Grass/Sunny Day + Solar Beam Mega Houndoom, Mega Gyarados, Bisharp, and helps make Weavile, Tyranitar, and friends more sad than they already are seeing fat Mega Scizor. While Keldeo rarely does much more than fire off Scalds and Secret Swords and stop a set-up sweeper, it’s a member that’s pretty hard to replace as not much, if anything possesses all the qualities it brings to the table.

Syrup Tsunami Shockwave (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Gliscor fills in a role of a secondary bulky set-up win-condition that flipped the bird to Mega Sableye and sets up Swords Dances all over builds to passive to scratch it. Although Gliscor needs two SDs to actually do a significant amount of damage to fat ‘mons, it finds the opportunity to set up that amount fairly often - at least compared to an offensive SD ‘mon like Bish. Although Gliscor rarely sees opportunities to sweep against offense it’s often used by me as a bulky pivot that can take hits, force things out, absorb status, and spam Knock Offs. Against bulkier builds is where Gliscor truely shines, until it runs into an Unaware user. Despite its lack of immediate power, Gliscor is a valuable member of the team.

Dagger Crystal Heart Attack (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Heatran fills in a fairly valuable glue spot in this team. It provides rocks, a Talon counter for Scizor, a method of absorbing fire-type moves, Dracos if it has to, and having another method to kill Heatran doesn’t hurt Scizor either. Leftovers recovery was chosen over a balloon since I find that I have enough EQ sponges and the recovery helps it avoid 2HKOs and get worn down at half the speed from constantly pivoting into rocks and out. Although I wish I could have run Power Herb Stallbreaker Heatran since I absolutely despise losing momentum to bulky waters, Stone Edge is more or less a must to stop a rampaging Talonflame without sacking stuff and hoping it kills itself with recoil. Overall, while Heatran doesn’t fill the role I initially wanted it to, it’s a valuable glue to the team that helps or is my sole reliable answer to numerous threats.

Bunny Rabbit Blast (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

CM + Volt Switch Raikou is a decent pivot and alternate win-condition on this team. It’s worn down by switching in and out of hazards less quickly than AV Raikou, can become as bulky as AV Raikou and as powerful as Specs Raikou in one turn, and still be too weak to kill some common ‘mons on offense at +2. Raikou has often been used as my fill in remaining holes that may or may not exist’ ‘mon on VoltTurn. In this team, it just felt like it would have more potential as a CMer on this team than as just a relatively passive AV user. Volt Switch lets it set-up and run early game against its checks and counters - which I’ve found more useful than Substitute or an extra coverage move. Now if only it got Volt Absorb right now…

Turbo Nuclear Butterfly Blast (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Latios is a package of great qualities and also things that make it a liability, some of which the team can’t really help it out with. Apart from Hoopa-C, nothing quite screams Pursuit bait so loudly as a -2 Latios. Roost was selected for Latios to increase its longevity, although it does come with certain trade-offs. Against more offensively biased teams and even some more bulky ones, I either don’t get much of a chance to Roost, wish I had more coverage, or both. Ultimately, it’s a trade-off that I chose, although I’m not too sure about it and any suggestions are welcomed. Latios provides an additional method of stomaching powerful hits from types that it resists, helps make sure Manaphy won’t be able to outright destroy the team after Raikou goes down, a powerful nuke to drop, and hazard control when necessary.

This team was quite the fun build to nickname, although there were far less comments about the nicknames then I would have expected unless I brought it to a tour match. I’ve experimented a decent amount with this team - while all of the sets are tried and true some of them are a bit new for me, I always find myself underestimating MZor’s bulk, overestimating Raikou’s, and Gliscor’s. Overall, the team isn’t the most interesting, fun to use discounting everything that goes with it, but I find that it’s quite the functional team. Suggestions would still be appreciated, as the team isn’t completely flawless, and move choice as well as EV spread optimization. I'll find a loosely fitting nickname anyways, it's not like any of these fit on the 'mons like a glove, or much at all.

No replays this time, I was too lazy to ladder on my alt to a decent rating to give decent replays.

Mega Houndoom: The second Keldeo is weakened enough or if it carries HP Grass, my team rolls over and dies while it comfortably cruises along at +2.

Excadrill: Although Gliscor can check it, flinch hax sucks, a lot. Scizor can use Scarf variants locked into anything as set-up fodder, but it can’t touch it without boosting significantly and definitely can’t take on LO Sand Rush variants.

Specially-Biased Mixed Mega Altaria: 2HKO’s everything at worst but Gliscor, which loses to DD so I’m reluctant to switch it in - and it still can’t really touch MAlt without a boost either.

Mega OAbamasnow: Dodges the Fire Blast and Focus Punches. Totally a relevant threat especially for former 'Zard Y users.[/end sarc]

Tentacruel: In the rare case that Raikou is crippled, Gliscor no longer possesses a Toxic Orb, and Latios has been pursuit trapped to remind me of why I sometimes consider it a liability, you're screwed.

Mega Charizard X: A massive threat that completely obliterates everything with EQ until it succumbs to Flare Blitz recoil. If it doesn't run EQ then it still is extremely threatening and also can outlive the team's best answer to such a set.

Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Syrup Tsunami (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Dagger Heart Blast (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Turbo Butter Blast (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Shoutouts for anybody remotely interested/Throats to shove down like a self-aware cancer cell

AD impish john
Audiosurfer
PresidentBubblebeam
DarkNostalgia
Recreant
Silk Weaver
Karxrida
rubsomebacononit
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Dagger Heart Blast (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Turbo Butter Blast (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Suggested Changes:

Keldeo & Heatran: 4 Def EVs -> 4 SpD EVs (KidMagic)

Gliscor: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe -> 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe (bludz)

Keldeo: Hydro Pump -> HP Grass (Joshz)

Mega Scizor: 28 Atk / 0 Spe -> 24 Atk / 4 Spe (Joshz)

Heatran: Stone Edge -> Toxic/Taunt (fuzzy)

Gliscor -> Defensive Lando-T (Master Failure)

SpD Gliscor -> Def Gliscor

Heatran + Air Balloon (Master Failure)

Narwhal Blast (Keldeo) @ Leftover / Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Dagger Crystal Heart Attack (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Overheat / Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Syrup Tsunami Shockwave (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

PS: Screw Starco

This RMT uses material from the “Star Butterfly/Gallery” article on the Star vs. the Forces of Evil wiki at Wikia and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.’

Last edited:
Hi! I've got a couple suggestion for your team and by addressing your threat list.

Major Changes

For you Mega Houndoom problem and to somewhat alleviate you Mega Altaria problem I suggest you try Scarf Heatran. With a Scarf Heatran gains the neccesary Speed to Revenge Kill Mega Houndoom and Revenge Kill boosted Mega Altaria after prior damage. I find Scarf a better choice considering your Heatran is a hybrid AoA set. Of course you lose Stealth Rocks now so that beings me to my next suggestion

I suggest you make Gliscor as your Stealth Rock Setter. Of course you lose a WinCon, but it and Mega Scizor were basically the same type of WinCon and you still have Raikou, but on Raikou I suggest Substitute > Volt Switch. It may seem like a good idea to have a method of gaining momentum on an offensive team along with U-Turn but CM + Volt Switch is actually counterproductive. Sub gives you a buffer against damage to have a somewhat safe way of boosting. If you still want a double turn core you can run U-Turn on Gliscor but at the price of an attacking option.

As for Excadrill I don't see a problem with it. Gliscor is only 3HKOed by Iron Head (and yes flinch hax sucks)

Minor Tweak
  • Move the remaining (4) Defensive EV's to SpD to throw off the occasional Porygon2.
Tl:dr
+
--->

Stealth Rock > Swords DanceKnock Off OR U-Turn

Substitute > Volt Switch

You stated that Mega Sableye was a problem but you understand that CM Raikou acts as a Stallbreaker correct? It's not neutered by Status, makes use of Sub + CM, and there isn't much Stall can do in return.
The thing is though, Sub + CM Raikou gets worn down pretty fast and still is pretty weak and needs multiple boosts to hit really hard - more so than Gliscor because it boosts quite slowly, and both of them get walled out by Unaware users but Sub + CM Raikou can't attempt to stall them out. I've found Volt Switch more useful than counter-productive and Sub rarely all that useful, and I've found myself countless times being happy that I could boost and actually hit the switch-in as I'm forced out, as Raikou isn't really that much of a primary win-con anyways.

Scarfed Heatran is a complete momentum sink, but it would notably help with both of those threats, even if I wouldn't really appreciate having all that much more momentum sinks. As a less extreme measure, I could make Heatran an Air Balloon variant, give it Flash Cannon over Stone Edge, and re-use the spread of 72 HP / 144 SpA / 40 SpD / 252 Spe from Intersection to take 'Doom's +2 DPulse after rocks.

I'll definitely put those defense EVs in SpD though - Download Porygon2 may be practically irrelevant and IMO it should run Trace, but its not like those 4 Def EVs in things with equal bulk on both sides would really help.

A Mega Sableye weakness still exists even with Sub + CM Raikou, but realistically it's not all that common anymore and Utility is more common than CM, so that works. I'll slap these changes in the bottom and add an extra importable. Thanks for the rate, and although I'm not exactly the biggest fan of all of the changes - they seem to work.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man this is a pretty solid team.

The first suggestion I have is changing Gliscor's spread: it's not a huge deal but a spread of 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe with a Careful Nature gives you a little more bulk to take on Gengar and whatnot, while 8 Def EVs always survive +2 LO Adamant Bisharp's Sucker Punnch in case Keldeo has been worn down.

While Gliscor does give you one form of a stallbreaker, it isn't going to be that effective against Skarmory or bulky water types that can force it out. For that reason I'm suggesting you change your Keldeo to Leftovers with Taunt over Hydro Pump. This allows you to more reliably stallbreak and it is great to taunt the bulky waters that try to recover off damage after switching in. It also prevents something like Dragonite or Gyarados from setting up a DD. The ability to change moves I think its pretty crucial for your team since it relies on momentum. Being locked into a move isn't conducive for this and so I think this would make a difference, even if you lose some wallbreaking ability. You can also try a Life Orb instead of Leftovers if you want to retain power (and since Gliscor checks Bisharp a bit better now), but that is up to you.

Otherwise I think this team looks pretty good.

Below are the updated sets that I suggested:

EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def/ 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Narwhal Blast (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Hey man this is a pretty solid team.

The first suggestion I have is changing Gliscor's spread: it's not a huge deal but a spread of 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe with a Careful Nature gives you a little more bulk to take on Gengar and whatnot, while 8 Def EVs always survive +2 LO Adamant Bisharp's Sucker Punnch in case Keldeo has been worn down.

While Gliscor does give you one form of a stallbreaker, it isn't going to be that effective against Skarmory or bulky water types that can force it out. For that reason I'm suggesting you change your Keldeo to Leftovers with Taunt over Hydro Pump. This allows you to more reliably stallbreak and it is great to taunt the bulky waters that try to recover off damage after switching in. It also prevents something like Dragonite or Gyarados from setting up a DD. The ability to change moves I think its pretty crucial for your team since it relies on momentum. Being locked into a move isn't conducive for this and so I think this would make a difference, even if you lose some wallbreaking ability. You can also try a Life Orb instead of Leftovers if you want to retain power (and since Gliscor checks Bisharp a bit better now), but that is up to you.

Otherwise I think this team looks pretty good.

Below are the updated sets that I suggested:

EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def/ 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Narwhal Blast (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind
Hi bludz, and thanks for the suggestions! To be fair, they do sound like decent solutions. It really helps to be able to switch move sometimes, yes, although I would personally prefer an Expert Belt over Leftovers just to be able to bluff a choice item as well as being able to nail the 2HKO on Latios after rocks with Icy Wind. I would like to hear your opinion on that, and trust me, I'll consider it. Also, I hate Life Orb Keldeo mainly because it feels like it gets worn down ridiculously quickly, blatantly reveals the item it runs, and with how much Keldeo can check - I, for once, prefer an Expert Belt. The Gliscor EVs would help, as T-Tars that run max-speed tend to be scarfed and I haven't seen much Ice Beam ones around - and if they are Ice Beam then I can usually Roost and take laughable damage if they're slower than me. The defense EVs are also nice as well, as it does sometimes feel like Keldeo can be overloaded fairly easily. I'll repeat again, thanks for the suggestions!

Hey, i noticed a pretty huge weakness to regular Gyarados. Maybe swap Stone Edge on Heatran for Toxic to at least put it on a timer?

Have a nice day

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, nice looking team. I've got a couple suggestions though.

1) Take 8 evs off of something on scizor and put them into speed to speed creep other uninveseted scizors (not that it's overly relevant).
2) Potentially Bug Bite > Uturn on Scizor, because the near doubled power is very noteworthy and scizor on this team is more aggressive with sd/roost.
3) Potentially run HP Grass > Hydro Pump (or Scald if you prefer but meh burns save lives) on Keld, because otherwise, M-swampert, Gastro, Seismitoad all walk all over you, especially gastro who could probably 6-0 your team (despite being uncommon).
4) I agree with the suggestion of scarftran and sr gliscor completely. It makes sense, and removes your threats.
5) I don't really see exca as a huge problem, the only mons he beats consistently are tran (which mold breaker exca wouldn't if scarfed) and raikou. The rest either win or depend on evs/ability/set its running. However, I personally really like the idea of HP Fire > Roost on lati just for power. You're a LO version, so longevity isn't worth it imo.

Good luck with your team man!

Hey, i noticed a pretty huge weakness to regular Gyarados. Maybe swap Stone Edge on Heatran for Toxic to at least put it on a timer?

Have a nice day
You have a nice day too. Regular Gyarados isn't something I've run into yet but it does seem like it could run through my team rather easily. However, I don't believe that Toxic would really be all that much of a way to deal with it as it often carries either Sub or Taunt, although realistically I'd only be catching it on the switch most of the time. Toxic could work fairly well, although I feel like Taunt could prevent it from simply snowballing through while still helping out with SD Talonflame by letting it kill itself with recoil and not letting it boost further. Additionally, a Scarfed Heatran would be able to revenge kill bulky DD from 40% with Stone Edge, and Taunt or Toxic isn't something that I'd want to be locked into. I'll mention it, and I do like how it's not particularly invasive to team structure.

Hey, nice looking team. I've got a couple suggestions though.

1) Take 8 evs off of something on scizor and put them into speed to speed creep other uninveseted scizors (not that it's overly relevant).
2) Potentially Bug Bite > Uturn on Scizor, because the near doubled power is very noteworthy and scizor on this team is more aggressive with sd/roost.
3) Potentially run HP Grass > Hydro Pump (or Scald if you prefer but meh burns save lives) on Keld, because otherwise, M-swampert, Gastro, Seismitoad all walk all over you, especially gastro who could probably 6-0 your team (despite being uncommon).
4) I agree with the suggestion of scarftran and sr gliscor completely. It makes sense, and removes your threats.
5) I don't really see exca as a huge problem, the only mons he beats consistently are tran (which mold breaker exca wouldn't if scarfed) and raikou. The rest either win or depend on evs/ability/set its running. However, I personally really like the idea of HP Fire > Roost on lati just for power. You're a LO version, so longevity isn't worth it imo.

Good luck with your team man!
Bug Bite has very meh synergy with Bullet Punch and doesn't let me escape from Magnezones for free - if I wanted a second attack that didn't pivot me out then I would use Knock Off. I would only use Bug Bite on an offensive SD variant. All Latios' that run Roost tend to be LO - so it's not a valid argument. If it was a valid argument, then KyuB wouldn't have it slashed, and both 'mons check a fairly significant amount of 'mons and otherwise get worn down really quickly. Furthermore, what does HP Fire hit that this team actually has an issue with? Scizor is checked by Heatran and Keldeo, Bisharp still gets hit by EQ, etc. The only real issue is Ferrothorn, who isn't really that much of a thorn (pun not intended) in the team's side. I feel like EQ is generally better as of now, as Heatran is a target that I don't want alive if I want Scizor to sweep and I've been walled out by it annoyingly often. HP Grass could easily be run over Hydro as I rarely risk clicking it although it wouldn't find much room outside of the Specs set which I no longer run. I'll still mention it. While I don't like how ScarfTran is quite the momentum sink, it does make handling some threats easier, so I'll consider it more. Regardless, thaks for the rate!

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi bludz, and thanks for the suggestions! To be fair, they do sound like decent solutions. It really helps to be able to switch move sometimes, yes, although I would personally prefer an Expert Belt over Leftovers just to be able to bluff a choice item as well as being able to nail the 2HKO on Latios after rocks with Icy Wind. I would like to hear your opinion on that, and trust me, I'll consider it. Also, I hate Life Orb Keldeo mainly because it feels like it gets worn down ridiculously quickly, blatantly reveals the item it runs, and with how much Keldeo can check - I, for once, prefer an Expert Belt. The Gliscor EVs would help, as T-Tars that run max-speed tend to be scarfed and I haven't seen much Ice Beam ones around - and if they are Ice Beam then I can usually Roost and take laughable damage if they're slower than me. The defense EVs are also nice as well, as it does sometimes feel like Keldeo can be overloaded fairly easily. I'll repeat again, thanks for the suggestions!
Yeah, Expert Belt is a fine option if you want to bluff a choice item. I really think the item choice at this point is up to personal preference. The reason I suggested Leftovers is because I tend to like longevity on my stallbreakers, but being able to 2HKO Lati with Icy Wind after Rocks is pretty nice too.

Hey, this team is pretty nice. I hope you don't mind if I stole it for some easy ladder points. Anyways, while playing with it, I noticed one major issue. This team has a massive problem with Charizard X. It sets up on Raikou, Scizor, Gliscor, and Heatran locked into overheat, flash cannon, or earthpower. If it's EQ, it proceeds to OHKO everything at +1 until it sucumbs to flareblitz recoil. If it's not, it just waits for heatran to be whitled down to about 45% and then sweeps. To remedy this, there are a couple options:
1) you could change heatran to air balloon. However, all this does is force the opponent to hit it once (which it probably will have to at some point) and it makes you weaker to Houndoom.
2) You can change Gliscor to Defensive Lando-T. This gives you a good option to check Zard-x and can also take some pressure off heatran to handle Talonflame. (Makes you weaker to bisharp but between scizor+keldeo you have that covered)
3) Practice switching between gliscor and heatran to PP stall (plz don't).
Anyways, cool team, hope it gets even better (so I can steal it).

Hey, this team is pretty nice. I hope you don't mind if I stole it for some easy ladder points. Anyways, while playing with it, I noticed one major issue. This team has a massive problem with Charizard X. It sets up on Raikou, Scizor, Gliscor, and Heatran locked into overheat, flash cannon, or earthpower. If it's EQ, it proceeds to OHKO everything at +1 until it sucumbs to flareblitz recoil. If it's not, it just waits for heatran to be whitled down to about 45% and then sweeps. To remedy this, there are a couple options:
1) you could change heatran to air balloon. However, all this does is force the opponent to hit it once (which it probably will have to at some point) and it makes you weaker to Houndoom.
2) You can change Gliscor to Defensive Lando-T. This gives you a good option to check Zard-x and can also take some pressure off heatran to handle Talonflame. (Makes you weaker to bisharp but between scizor+keldeo you have that covered)
3) Practice switching between gliscor and heatran to PP stall (plz don't).
Anyways, cool team, hope it gets even better (so I can steal it).
Ah yes, 'Zard X was a huge threat that I missed while slapping this RMT together - I'll promptly fix the threatlist and drop it in. Air Balloon Heatran is probably one of the least disruptive changes - although to be honest, I never used Scarf 'Tran on the build of the team I used - but I didn't really use it all that much recently except for a tour final only to be Focus Punched by a Mega Abomasnow that dodged the Fire Blast. Although a compromise that I could come up with is using physically defensive Gliscor, that doesn't really take 'Zard X as well although its more likely to be alive by the time it sets up. Another idea would be having Scarf Latios over 'Tran with Trick and Defog, but that's getting into more gimmicky territory. I can't think of many changes that would rather significantly disrupt the team structure, so...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)