ORAS OU Rmt: halp my team

Status
Not open for further replies.
helloo ive been experimenting with a sun team because the only viable way to play my favorite pokemon in ou is on a sunny team(shiftry). He has been sweeping many teams and hits super hard but ive had a few problems with sashes. Havent used SR yet but i want to test it more so feed back is appriciated/welcomed.

Shiftry@Life Orb
Chlorophyll
Adamant-68Hp/252Att/184Speed
-Growth
-Knock off
-Leaf Blade (crit is devastating)
-Rock slide???

This guy.. This guy is my favorite. One growth can sweep a team with ease with no sash/sand/thorns/helm. I only put 184 speed evs because with sun out, he outspeed base 135? pokes.. Around that i dont remember exact. But im lookinf for a fourth move choice instead of rock slide. Haalp

Charizard@Charizardite-Y
Drought
Timid- 4Hp/252SPA/252Speed
-Dragon pulse
-Fire Blast
-Hp ground (mainly for heatran)
-Protect( drought)

One of my two leads, sometimes ill go with mega zard and get a free Fire blast off of leads trying to set up. Mainly used for sun and sweeping later

Zapdos@Assault Vest
Pressure
Timid-4Hp/252SPA/252Speed
-Hp ice
-Heat wave
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch

One of my other favorite pokes. Hits super hard and has amazing coverage. Not to mention heat wave in the sun.

Ninetails@Choice Scarf
Drought
Modest 60Hp/252SPA/196Speed
-Solarbeam
-Fire Blast
-Dark pulse
-Extrasensory (move i cant spell)

My another sunny set up-er also used to out speed pokes. I also can switch this in on a special water move. Takes it like a beast

Mew@Leftovers
Sychronize
Bold 252Hp/252Def/4SPA
-Will-o-wisp
-psychic
-Softboiled
-Knock off

Mew is my other lead.either to burn or knock off. Sometimes i used dual screen light clay.

**Blastoise@Leftovers
Calm 252HP/4SPA/252SPD
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Toxic
-Protect

This is the testing poke. I need a spinner badly. Im deciding between this starmie, excadrill and tentacruel. I need advice on the last slot.

This team hurts from statuses. I know i can absorb burn but if i get a para on shiftry or toxic on mew it cripples my team. Plus the rocks weakness hurts when my spinner is gone.

Just a couple of things. Why two Droughters? Firstly, Roost over Protect on Charizard Y. When you Mega Evolve, sun automatically starts, and you need reliable recovery, especially if you take half of your health off with nasty rocks. I also personally think you should run Chlorophyll Venusaur > Shiftry. It gives you an equally fast and bulkier sun sweeper. A Growth will let this thing use Leaf Storm and also a nice Fairy Stopper in Sludge Bomb which you need very powerfully. Try a Defogger rather than a Spinner, like Lati Twins. Blastoise is a bit irrelevant because Scald will be very weak under sun. Latias is a better support option for a Healing Wish on your Grass Sweeper and Charizard Y. Finally, I think you should run a physical attacking scarfer over Ninetales, like Infernape or Darmanitan. Your team has absolutely zero physical attack if you replace Shiftry, so one of these guys could greatly do better in the sun. The sets are here if you wanna try:

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog
OR
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
OR
Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Now, like I say to everyone, I don't force people to run sets, so if none of these work out, tune them to your liking. Good luck!

I feel
Just a couple of things. Why two Droughters? Firstly, Roost over Protect on Charizard Y. When you Mega Evolve, sun automatically starts, and you need reliable recovery, especially if you take half of your health off with nasty rocks. I also personally think you should run Chlorophyll Venusaur > Shiftry. It gives you an equally fast and bulkier sun sweeper. A Growth will let this thing use Leaf Storm and also a nice Fairy Stopper in Sludge Bomb which you need very powerfully. Try a Defogger rather than a Spinner, like Lati Twins. Blastoise is a bit irrelevant because Scald will be very weak under sun. Latias is a better support option for a Healing Wish on your Grass Sweeper and Charizard Y. Finally, I think you should run a physical attacking scarfer over Ninetales, like Infernape or Darmanitan. Your team has absolutely zero physical attack if you replace Shiftry, so one of these guys could greatly do better in the sun. The sets are here if you wanna try:

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 SpA / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog
OR
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
OR
Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Now, like I say to everyone, I don't force people to run sets, so if none of these work out, tune them to your liking. Good luck!
i feel that the squishiness of charizard calls for two droughters. Since drought is not permanant and the battle often is longer than the 4 turns i get (when switched in to shiftry) i think im going to try a lati twin and removing ninetales for venasaur. Jst want to see cause then i can switch in to either shiftry or.vena when sun is out

I feel

i feel that the squishiness of charizard calls for two droughters. Since drought is not permanant and the battle often is longer than the 4 turns i get (when switched in to shiftry) i think im going to try a lati twin and removing ninetales for venasaur. Jst want to see cause then i can switch in to either shiftry or.vena when sun is out
Alright but also don't run 4 HP on any Pokemon, it makes it so that x4 weak Pokemon to Stealth Rocks can only switch in once. You only lose 49% if you're x4 weak with no HP investments, so you can switch in two times without dying. Other Pokemon like x2 weak will only take 24% rather than 25. It's actually quite a huge difference.

Alright but also don't run 4 HP on any Pokemon, it makes it so that x4 weak Pokemon to Stealth Rocks can only switch in once. You only lose 49% if you're x4 weak with no HP investments, so you can switch in two times without dying. Other Pokemon like x2 weak will only take 24% rather than 25. It's actually quite a huge difference.
gotcha ive heard of that but i guess i just forgot. Also i wanted to keep the team near the original 151 other than shiftry but the more i play the more i see my ninetails a waste =/ i will try a physical sweeper tho. thanks for the comments... one more thing what do i do with heatran. he walls my whole team atm. he is on the top of my threat list right now

Alastor Law

The Black Parade
is a Past SPL Champion
Hello man, cool sun team there. Though I think a pure sun team is not very good to use in ORAS, let's try and make this one a sweep machine.

First of all, I support ThePokeProgidy's suggestion to run Offensive Pivot Latias>Blastoise, as it can defog and take special hits from various water types. This will also let you hit very hard with special attacks, and hit hard special walls with psyshock. I'll put this Latias set and the following ones in a spoiler down below.

You should also change that Shiftry for a LO Venusaur, so you can sleep and hit hard the opponent's mon with it. It'll also help you dealing with offense and faeries better than Shiftry, so the change is worth it.

Now, you should put some physical attackers on the team, specially a Terrakion for the Ninetales and a Bisharp instead of the Zapdos. These are very strong physical attackers that have very good synergy with your Zard, your Venusaur and your Latias, as Bisharp can remove opposing psychic types with pursuit and Zard can kill almost every physical wall out there. Terrakion sets up rocks and prevents the opponent from setting up his own, and it also hits like a truck, removing some special walls that can harass our Zard, mostly.

Finally, I'd put Focus Blast>HP ground on Zard, Solarbeam>Dpulse and Roost over Protect, and put Knock Off on Mew as well as a better spread to outpace some relevant threats (Adamant Bisharp mostly). The sets, once again, will be down below.

Hope these changes helped you (although they were a lot, I think this will help you win a lot of games and give you a general view of how sun offense is made in ORAS). See you around man!

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP/ 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)