Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

The EVs were something I just snatched from their respective analysis sets, you should probably change them.

This core brings back Gen 5's Drizzle Volc in an attempt to help beat Mega Swampert's checks, both in and out of rain.

Fire Blast is a clean OHKO on Ferro and Scizor in the rain, two pokemon Swampert has difficulty dealing with, while Hurricane deals with grass types that Swampert doesn't want to stay in on and Bug Buzz nails M-Slowbro.

In return, M-Swampert helps Volcarona check Heatran, as well as bulky dragons like M-Alt and X-Char

Azumarill's role for the most part is to lure Electric types and Volt Switches, for Swampert to come in freely and set up rain dance. She also acts as a secondary Ferro check, in case rocks are still up for Volc, while gaining a nice damage boost in rain.

Offtopic : 3 Talon + Exca + top tier fairy already...

This suggest how popular TaloNexca (with the cameo of TTar) is....

And I predict there will be Talon + Exca + Azu... this is not booking... feel free if you want to nominate it...

View attachment 48454
Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Bug Buzz

View attachment 48456
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

View attachment 48455
Swampert @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

The EVs were something I just snatched from their respective analysis sets, you should probably change them.

This core brings back Gen 5's Drizzle Volc in an attempt to help beat Mega Swampert's checks, both in and out of rain.

Fire Blast is a clean OHKO on Ferro and Scizor in the rain, two pokemon Swampert has difficulty dealing with, while Hurricane deals with grass types that Swampert doesn't want to stay in on and Bug Buzz nails M-Slowbro.

In return, M-Swampert helps Volcarona check Heatran, as well as bulky dragons like M-Alt and X-Char

Azumarill's role for the most part is to lure Electric types and Volt Switches, for Swampert to come in freely and set up rain dance. She also acts as a secondary Ferro check, in case rocks are still up for Volc, while gaining a nice damage boost in rain.
??? Pretty sure all Grass types can't take STAB Fire Blast or Bug Buzz anyway so I don't get why you would consider Hurricane. Also, I'm pretty sure all Fighting-types except Keldeo and AV Conkledurr gets OHKOed by +1 Fire Blast.

EDIT: You can set up on Mega Venusaur's attacks anyway and +2 Fire Blast murders it

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. +1 72 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 100-118 (30.3 - 35.8%) -- 40.5% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. +2 72 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 75-88 (22.7 - 26.7%) -- 29.2% chance to 4HKO
+2 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 318-374 (88.5 - 104.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
??? Pretty sure all Grass types can't take STAB Fire Blast or Bug Buzz anyway so I don't get why you would consider Hurricane. Also, I'm pretty sure all Fighting-types except Keldeo and AV Conkledurr gets OHKOed by +1 Fire Blast.
I think it's for this...

+1 252+ SpA Volcarona Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 348-410 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252+ SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur in Rain: 128-152 (35.1 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 213-252 (58.5 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

0 SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 111-132 (33.1 - 39.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Edit : should be at +1

Edit2 : Maybe Kel on a switch then :)

Last edited:

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
boringggg. all I see is Azu, Clef and Malt as the fairy user. kinda sad don't you think? not like the one im going to give you guys are any better anyway ;;

fairy + tran is as common as it goes. all I needed to do here was to add a strong Ground type that didn't allow opposing ground types to completely decimate the core. sylveon and gliscor helps deals with fighting types that like to prevent tran from doing it's job while tran is just annoying as usual. however, unlike most of the cores you see here, (which tend to be dedicated to either balanced or offensive) this core here could go both ways. you can opt to run defensive sylv with offensive sr balloon tran or offensive sylv with defensive tran, they have some rly interesting combinations and utilities combined. gliscor is here over landot because landot is overrated and tbh gliscor is still a rly good mon in the meta. as you can see this core is slow as balls and as weak to keldeo and water spammers as it can get so ideal partners to this core (wtf im building the team out) are things that can handle fat waters like cm roar cune, lati (dragon types in general), avest kou/tornt and even mvenu if you want to opt for the balance bulk route. if you want to go all out offensive, be sure to have something for weavile and sharp/ sp scizor. interestingly this core works best with another core that either have 1 to 2 anti offense mon or cores that generally have problem with birdspam.
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Baton Pass
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psyshock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Can I just say for the rain team thing random passerby you didn't do the calc in rain else why would anyone switch a mega venu into a volc

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Double Bunnies+Heatran
+
+
Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Diggersby (F) @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
Diggersby and Azumarill are a couple of wall breakers that break each others' counters. Diggersby is a solid electric/poison/steel check and Azu is a good water/fighting/ghost (knock off) check. However, both of these mons share a weakness to strong grass types like Mvenu and Amoonguss, and that's where Heatran comes in, breaking pretty much every grass type in the tier (air balloon dodges loose epowers and hp grounds). This core puts huge pressure on defensive teams and can more than pull its weight vs offensive teams as well because of the double priority users threatening most mons on offense and the fact that these mons are bulky enough to take strong neutral hits and fire back with strong STAB moves. This core does have a problem with powerful poison types if they have fighting coverage, however. Gengar and Dragalge both pose huge threats to the core for this reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun

EDIT: You can set up on Mega Venusaur's attacks anyway and +2 Fire Blast murders it

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. +1 72 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 100-118 (30.3 - 35.8%) -- 40.5% chance to 3HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. +2 72 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 75-88 (22.7 - 26.7%) -- 29.2% chance to 4HKO
+2 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 318-374 (88.5 - 104.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
It's meant to be used under rain for the most part, not in regular conditions.

I guess I wasn't clear, that core was a semi-rain core, and Volc is meant to work in either weather as effectively

You could probably slash roost on there though, since all Volc needs is to stall out the rain to be able to start sweeping

I might as well chip in and leave this.

Charizard-y+garchomp+Klefki

+
+

Pretty simple core. What this is, is two very powerfull wallbreakers in chari-y and lo sd chomp which are capable of breaking fat team with extreme ease becuase of their massive attack/special attack. Somthing both of these mons like are hazard stacking in order to get crucial kills so chomp+klefki works really well. Klefki also has t-wave to cripple faster pokemon to make up for zard and chomps speed stat. (chomp runs adamant) Also chompers breaks past chansey for zard-y while zard beats stuff like quagsire,fairies and etc for chomp (not like lo sd does that already). With zard-ys powerful sun boosted fire stab and garchomps powerfull stabs not many slower/bulky teams can really handle them both. Somthing to watch out for however is thundy who can plow right past all three mons quite easily in fact electric types with bolt beam coverage can take this core on so thats a problem as they outspeed all memebers, immune to paralisis and hit most of this core for supereffective damage.

Jaws the Musical (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Klefki (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Rain Dance

Swampert @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Something a little different. This core is intended to be part of a rain team, it is a little incomplete, but it definitely puts in work when it needs to. It also works with other Rain setters, including Kingdra, but I decided to go with Swampert for its immunity to Electric types. Swampert and Talonflame have remarkable synergy, the former being able to manage bulky grass types like Mega Venusaur, Ferrothorn, and Celebi, while the latter can easily tangle with things like Thundurus-I, Mega Manectric, and Heatran. Klefki, apart from providing secondary rain support, is able to switch into Dragons, cripple set up sweepers, and most importantly, set up Spikes. Spike support is actually amazing for these mons, as almost all their counters are vulnerable to them and can be worn down quickly through constant hammering. Core has a good matchups versus offensive and defensive teams alike.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Heatran+Clefable+Hippowdon
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind / Stone Edge

This is a core that I will often use on stall or semistall for its ability to handle a large portion of the metagame. Sure, it isn't very creative when it comes to choices of 'mons (three A+-and-up threats), but it does its job well. The sets are pretty self-explanitory (choice of Stone Edge or Whirlwind depends on team's matchup with Taunt+BU Talon), but the reasoning behind these three is that they handly what each other lose to rather well (Tran covers Steel-types for Clef, Hippowdon handles Grounds that Tran loses to, Clefable handles Fighting-types that Tran loses to... the list goes on), while Hippo's great mixed bulk compared RockyChomp is the main reason I have chose to sacrifice some type synergy for it.

Last edited:

Heatran+Clefable+Hippowdon
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Roar

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

This is a core that I will often use on stall or semistall for its ability to handle a large portion of the metagame. Sure, it isn't very creative when it comes to choices of 'mons (three A+-and-up threats), but it does its job well. The sets are pretty self-explanitory, but the reasoning behind these three is that they handly what each other lose to rather well (Tran covers Steel-types for Clef, Hippowdon handles Grounds that Tran loses to, Clefable handles Fighting-types that Tran loses to... the list goes on), while Hippo's great mixed bulk compared RockyChomp is the main reason I have chose to sacrifice some type synergy for it.
I don't know whether it's norm or not to have 2 Phazer in 1 core as I don't play stall that much... But hey I think you really hate set-up sweeper.

And what I find funny is while you have 2 of what normally would be talon counter ... Taunt-BU build would rape this badly if it got clean switch-in.

Mega Camerupt, Diancie, and Diggersby Trick Room core.

Camerupt@Cameruptite
Solid Rock
Quiet 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Speed IVs 0
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power Grass

Diancie@Mental Herb/Normal Gem
Clear Body
Sassy 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Speed IVs 0
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Diamond Storm

Diggersby@Choice Band
Huge Power
Brave 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Speed IVs 0
- Earthquake
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Hammer Arm/U-Turn

For funsies.

This core was begging to be made with those requirements. With HO currently dominating, here is a core apt to turn the ladder on its head. Diancie is perfect for getting your rocks off *snicker* and getting Trick Room off in one fell swoop. Mental Herb prevents Taunt, which would be obvious that you aren't Mega Diancie if you're carrying a Camerupt on your team. Otherwise Normal Gem gives Explosion some real extra oomph if getting another TR isn't feasible. Finally, Air Balloon and Moonblast are options if you expect to set up in front of Tankchomp.

Mega Camerupt was made for TR, and it can fire off Sheer Force STAB Fire Blasts and Earth Powers with impunity. Not much else to say, other than that HP Grass is the preferred final move slot for TR purposes and to deter those pesky Water types that east this core alive. You really want the other half of your team immune to and resisting Water and Ground.

Finally, since Camerupt covers either Fire or Ground, among all other candidates in OU for Trick Room purposes, nothing outshines Diggersby. Diggersby hits on the physical side of the spectrum with dual 100+ BP STABs and with as much immediate power possible sporting a +252 Atk Choice Band set. CB is preferred over Swords Dance due to TR limited duration, but it can also 2HKO most of the sturdier walls.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 226-267 (53.8 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 166-196 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 216-256 (64.6 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 180-212 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 195-231 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (and 2nd turn burn damage reduction)
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Wild Charge vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 292-344 (69 - 81.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Wild Charge again helps obliterate Water types and Hammer Arm is particularly nice should you encounter enemy TR teams, making you slower than even Ferrothorn and hits Porygon 2 the hardest. But U-Turn is another option for the final slot which can be handy for switching back to a TR setter.

Offensively you can do a lot of damage with this core in few turns if capitalized on.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know whether it's norm or not to have 2 Phazer in 1 core as I don't play stall that much... But hey I think you really hate set-up sweeper.

And what I find funny is while you have 2 of what normally would be talon counter ... Taunt-BU build would rape this badly if it got clean switch-in.
Stone Edge is an option over Whirlwind on Hippowdon if the team lacks any solid answer to Taunt+BU Talon, so I'll give it a slash. However, there are still three teammates left that are candidates to handle Taunt+BU Talon, alleviating the issue to an extent.

Lady Biscotti (Gardevoir-Mega) (F) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost

So I started with a mega that wasn't used much in this week's type core yet and it was mega gardevoir. I added the basica moves and taunt so that mega gardevoir can stop stall easier and prevent rocks from skarm being set up. Garchomp is there to make sure that mega gardevoir doesn't get its ass wooped by bisharp or heatran and can fire off an eq. Toxic is to cripple mons like hippo which r annoying to deal with. Talonflame is to check mons like Mega Lopunny,Weavile,Mega Metagross,Gengar,Scizor which can threaten both Gchomp and Mega Gardevoir.

Double phazers is more for hazard stacking. You want to rack up the damage from hazards so double phazers does just that. Also despite how bu talon does alot to this core is not like both mons can phaze talon out and cripple it. That and you cant expect a core to handle every pokemon. BTW tauntless BU talon cant beat tran. talon cant really get a free switch if your spamming phazing moves also and once rocks are up....well you get the point.

Edit: ninja'd

Will go with an offensive core cus wynaut?

So I wanted this Fire/Fairy/Ground core to be around zard x, which can nearly destroy the whole meta after one DD. So basically After I Added Zard X I decided to add Sylveon which usually works well with this (Sylveon can take dragon Attacks while zard can take Steel). Specs Sylveon is gr8 has not much switchins but can be handled. Finally I Decided to go with Scarf Lando-T who can deal with poison type attacks from mons such as gar.

Setz:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Roost / Earthquake

lol deez slashes. Personally I would run Flare Blitz/Dragon Claw/Dragon Dance and Roost but its up to you really either of those moves work. If you're running fire punch I suggest you run EQ as you wont be taking recoil and you'll be able to hit non balloon trans.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fire
- Shadow ball

Sylveon yum. The move set is pretty much straight forward, Hyper Voice strong STAB with pixilate which destroys dragons/darks/fightings. Psyshock deals with annoying poison type mons like Mega Venu. Hidden Power Ground/Fire to deal with ferros tran skarms etc. Shadow Ball for Psychic and ghost type mons. 16 speeds EV's are to outspeed uninvested ttar.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off / Superpower
- U-turn

yum lando-t. Move summary once again: Earthquake Steel types/fire Types/Rock types. Stone edge deals with bird spam and superpower with chanseys etc. Knock off yet again, for chanseys to rip eviolites. U-Turn is basically to scout

Talonflame + Gastrodon + Mega Diancie

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Brave Bird
-Roost

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Bold Nature
-Recover
-Toxic
-Scald
-Earthquake

Diancie @Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EV's: 32 Atk/ 224 SpA/ 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Protect
-Moonblast
-Diamond Storm
-Earth Power

This core is based off of the offensive synergy of Talonflame and Mega Diancie, with Gastrodon acting as a defensive backbone to the core. Talonflame runs its standard SD set, which is capable of pulling off sweeps and checking Mega Venasaur, Magnezone, and Scizor for Mega Diancie. In return, Mega Diancie helps wallbreaker to set up a Talonflame sweep and makes quick work of Pokemon like Garchomp that like to switch into Talonflame for free. After pairing those two, I realized the core needed something to handle Landorus-T and switch into a specs Keldeo. As it happens, finding a ground-type that can switch into a specs Keldeo is pretty rare, but I stumbled across Gastrodon, which has storm drain. Its physically defensive set can't be 2HKO'd by Specs Keldeo's secret sword and has a good chance not to after rocks. Gastrodon's bulk is appreciated, as is its adeptness at handling Magnezone and shutting down the momentum of opposing electrics like Raikou and Mega Manectric.

This core seems fairly self-sufficient but would appreciate a cleric/ H-wisher and a way to break stall better, as this is mostly oriented towards beating opposing balance/offense teams.

Thanks for reading :)

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
A little late but VOTING STARTS NOW THROUGH MONDAY

Core 1:

Core 2:

Core 3:

Core 4:

Core 5:

Core 6:

Core 7:

Core 8:

Core 9:

Core 10:

Core 11:

Core 12:

Core 13:

Core 14:

Core 15:

Core 16:

Core 17:

Core 18:

Core 19:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)