(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Yeah, the pokedex entry sizes and weights are total bs. If I remember right, furret is taller than charizard and lucario is like 3 or 4 feet tall. That's so stupid. Also kyogre and groudon and most legendaries should be massive. Like the 6th movie groudon. At least. *end of rant*

Yeah, the pokedex entry sizes and weights are total bs. If I remember right, furret is taller than charizard and lucario is like 3 or 4 feet tall. That's so stupid. Also kyogre and groudon and most legendaries should be massive. Like the 6th movie groudon. At least. *end of rant*
Well, Furret is measured tip of head to tip of tail and Charizard is measured from head to toes so I can see it being that long considering real ferrets are about 2 feet long. As for the rest, yeah, not really accurate...

Well, wild Pokémon don't have any intelligence at all. They're literally programmed to go for random moves no matter what; it's only with trainers that they select specific moves depending on what they're facing.
Unless this was secret base. In which case hoo boy.
Primal Groudon was just an example, i can remember Trainer AIs going for Ground-type moves. Still, just a nitpick <-<

Sizes of Pokémon honestly annoy me a lot. They're just so unrealistic and make them feel often quite ridiculous. I mean, what's the appeal of owning a fire breathing dragon if I'm taller than it?
Absolutely correct. When i saw Metagross and Golurk's actual size, i was astonished. <-<

Granted that wasn't a real Groudon but a monstrous fake... that kind of ended up inspiring Primal Groudon. Lucario is 3'11"

I just tend to ignore the Pokedex entries, as few of them make much sense.

Sizes of Pokémon honestly annoy me a lot. They're just so unrealistic and make them feel often quite ridiculous. I mean, what's the appeal of owning a fire breathing dragon if I'm taller than it?
Excadrill being like two feet tall will never stop being hilarious. Staraptor too, actually. And how tiny Roselia is.

Lumiose City. First off, I can never figure out where I'm going. Secondly, Lumiose is a price-gouging heaven.
Talking with Alexa can help you find where everything is, and if you get lost, just talk to one of the taxis scattered about. You don't have to go through with the ride if you don't want to, but they'll tell you where whatever you're looking for is. Also... why are you at all concerned about the prices being higher than you'd like? If you keep grinding through Restaurant Le Wow and selling off the Balm Mushrooms you receive at the end, you'll have way more money than you know what to do with. (not to mention raising your style points in Lumiose to get better deals and Hatching power, and you can still use Bargain power to drop prices a bit)

One little thing that annoys me in ORAS is that the sorting algorithm for the item pockets isn't a stable sort. So sorting the main items pocket by name, and then by type, doesn't give you "sections" of each item type alphabetically; all your mega stones are together but in seemingly random order, etc.

One little thing that annoys me in ORAS is that the sorting algorithm for the item pockets isn't a stable sort. So sorting the main items pocket by name, and then by type, doesn't give you "sections" of each item type alphabetically; all your mega stones are together but in seemingly random order, etc.
All I wanted was BW2's bag back, but nooo, that was too cool and can never be used again ever.

EDIT: I just reread this thread and saw someone bring up the Circle Pad and running instead of tiptoeing (too lazy to quote). This is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING, especially when it's something good, too. I also agree how the freaking DexNav is like "try going slower" but when you do that, the Pokemon flat out disappears. Finally, sometimes my character randomly starts tiptoeing when I'm just trying to walk like a normal human being. Luckily the NPCs don't give a shit...

Last edited:
Why would you scroll through the Pokedex? First off, search function, second off, it still is easier to navigate this Pokedex than EVER before besides that
But I never had to use it before! Back in my day the amount of pokemon you'd ever need stopped at 386!!
I still like to scroll through the dex anyways, though.

I believe I posted this before ages ago, but in my opinion the perfect solution for the HM dilemma would be to have HM field effects permanently learned by any Pokemon that learns the move, even if the move itself is removed. That way, actually useful moves like Surf still keep their viability while things like Cut can be taught once, then forgotten for a better move.

Well, in terms of Rock Smash rocks it's like... alright, things like HGSS Ruins of Alph rocks and XY Glittering Cave rocks where you do legitimately get something out of them should stay. But rocks which exist purely to block your way should be removed when you first break them; much like they did with Rusturf tunnel. And which they should do with the infamously infuriating rocks between Mauville and Fiery Path.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 23)