ORAS OU Team Six Star

TEAM SIX STAR

Hello there it's been a long time since I've posted a team I've used on Showdown. I've been tinkering around with this team for a while and been having so much fun with it I figured I'd toss it on here for others to chip in and improve the team or just give some opinions. Gonna keep this introduction short and move straight to the team!

The Team

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost
Setup sweeper for the team when all the checks have been cleared Calm Mind can be a great asset when put on the right team. Pairs well with Klefki as well who can cripple faster threats to it as well as both resisting each other's weaknesses. Life Orb over Leftovers as Latios is more of a offensive Calm Mind user compared to the defensive Latias

- Draco Meteor STAB to break Pokemon weak or neutral to it. Have to be careful though as it's a nasty move to be locked into with Fairy immunity and the sharp SpA drop.
- Psyshock Second STAB to hit Pokemon like Keldeo, Mega Lopunny and Gengar.
- Calm Mind Boosts Latios SpA and SpD by one stage for the purpose of sweeping.
- Roost Allows it to recover half while setting up as well as heal off Life Orb recoil.

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt
One of my favorites since it gained the ability Contrary. Serperior has become quite a terror in the current meta with good speed and pseudo 140 BP damage Nasty Plot. It also helps clear through bulky water and ground Pokemon that would be problematic for the rest of the team.
- Leaf Storm It's STAB and boosting move that raises it's special attack by two stages. Great for spamming on forced switches and getting rid of pests like Azumarill or Hippowdon.
- Shadow Ball Used for neutral coverage and hitting dragon Pokemon like Garchomp.
- Hidden Power Fire Handles various Steel Pokemon that would otherwise wall it.
- Taunt Cripples stall Pokemon that will try to wall Serperior.

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock
Rock setter and Talonflame check Landorus-T and is the team's glue resisting several of the team's weaknesses and sporting a nice ground immunity. I went with the offensive set since while my team is a more offensive in nature than defensive. Soft boosts Earthquake which he'll be spamming when not setting up rocks.

- Earthquake Main STAB used to wreck Steels, Fire and the less common Poison types not much to explain here.
- U-Turn Keeps up momentum and allows more frail team members to switch in safely.
- Smack Down Used to knock down Talonflame and Skarmory who are dicks making them open to Earthquake next turn.
- Stealth Rock Hazard of choice to pressure Pokemon like Talonflame, Weavile and Charizard.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough
Switch in for Fairies as well as dropping Spikes to help members turn 2HKOs in OHKOs. Klefki is great in this current meta and does wonders for the team neutering faster threats with Prankster Thunder Wave. Can also do some decent damage with it's Fairy STAB on frailer opponents

- Spikes As said before used to help Pokemon on the team that are just short of OHKOing certain opponents.
- Thunder Wave Cripples faster Pokemon and setup sweepers.
- Magnet Rise Priority Ground immunity helps it with the ever common Earthquake leaving it only weak to Fire.
- Play Rough Picks off frailer threats like Weavile or 4x weak threats like Hydeigon.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
Physical wall breaker to soften up threats to Mega Lopunny and all around helpful team mate towards the rest of my mons. Forces several switches and is great at picking off weaken threats with STAB priority. Choice Band was chose to get a much immediate power as possible though have to be careful with prediction
- Waterfall Main STAB for hitting mons weak to or neutral to water. Flinch does little help though since Azumarill doesn't outspeed much.
- Play Rough Secondary STAB to take out Dragons, Dark and Fighting types like Garchomp, Weavile and Mega Lopunny.
- Knock Off Dark attack to give the middle finger to Slowbro who is a pain for this team.
- Aqua Jet STAB priority to pick of weaken threats and get by Azumarill's terrible speed.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Power-up Punch
The MVP of my team and one of my favorite Pokemon. Mega Lopunny makes an amazing cleaner and works great on my team. With it's speed and power it cleans through several of the slower threats and will pick off weakened opponents given the right support.
- Encore Used against bulkier opponents that will try to setup on Lopunny.
- High Jump Kick Main STAB that does large amounts of damage to neutral targets though I have beware of Protect.
- Return Secondary STAB for anything that resists High Jump Kick or find it too risky to use.
- Power-up Punch This move can turn Mega Lopunny into a wallbreak causing grief to unsuspecting teams that would have normally would be checks/counters destroyed.

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Power-up Punch

Last edited:
Hi goodra, nice reference to Dragon ball, i love it! :]
Team is really well built but i think it really struggles against MVenusaur, your only way to deal with it is Hoopa which hasnt a reliable recovery and is pursuit bait (venusaur + pursuitter is very common). So i suggest you to replace hoopa with AV Tornadus-T. Tornadus-t infact can always beat mvenusaur 1vs1 and also helps you against Keldeo (azu doest appreciate burn, serperior is 2hkoed by secret sword) and Mega Alazakam that outspeed and 2hko your entire team. Torn-T also provides you your only ground immunity helping you against choice scarf Lando-t. Heat Wave is for mega scizor which really threatens your team. U-turn is for momentum and has great sinergy with regenerator. Knock off doesnt need description. Lastly change the garchomp spread in EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe so you can outspeed 71+ base speed (mega ttar and tyrantrum) without losing nothing in bulk.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Hi goodra, nice reference to Dragon ball, i love it! :]
Team is really well built but i think it really struggles against MVenusaur, your only way to deal with it is Hoopa which hasnt a reliable recovery and is pursuit bait (venusaur + pursuitter is very common). So i suggest you to replace hoopa with AV Tornadus-T. Tornadus-t infact can always beat mvenusaur 1vs1 and also helps you against Keldeo (azu doest appreciate burn, serperior is 2hkoed by secret sword) and Mega Alazakam that outspeed and 2hko your entire team. Torn-T also provides you your only ground immunity helping you against choice scarf Lando-t. Heat Wave is for mega scizor which really threatens your team. U-turn is for momentum and has great sinergy with regenerator. Knock off doesnt need description. Lastly change the garchomp spread in EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe so you can outspeed 71+ base speed (mega ttar and tyrantrum) without losing nothing in bulk.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 112 HP / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Thanks for the comment. To be honest I haven't had any trouble with Mega Venusaur or Pursuit users. I find Tornadus-Therian's shaky accuracy and Stealth Rock weakness unappealing to the team (I know Regenerator helps with Rocks but they still hurt after repeated switches). I'll give the Garchomp spread a try though not a fan of losing more defense for two threats I rarely see.

Hey there,
This is a very nice team but I believe there a few changes that can be made to make it even better. Firstly, I notice that Mega Scizor is a major threat to your team as the bulky SD set can set up with ease, and is only really checked by garchomp d-tailing it out (which isn't consistent as a last mon sciz won't get phased, tanks eq/edge, and will likely have worn down the rest of your team such that anything that can threaten it is weakened or removed (such as a healthy serp (which actually barely 2hko's with hp fire less than 20% of the time). The only other real way you have to stop it is to set up yourself, such as with serp, lop, or bish. Unfortunately it easily sets up on azu not choiced into waterfall and still checks the majority of your team. Similarly, Skarmory is a nuisance as it walls the majority of your team and isn't threatened by much. Continuing off of this, your team is in general weak to full stall as quagsire walls your physical attackers mostly with its support mons like skarm and amoong while your hoopa can't even break chansey. Speaking of hoopa, I find your use of it to be pretty innefficient. It not only goes against your team by setting up trick room and making your offense (also doesn't sweep well thanks to priority), fast-ish and fast mons go last, but also fails to break stall which hoopa should be doing unless its like scarf or something. Its also poor use of hoopa's typing imo as you don't really *need* a ghost type per say as you don't have hazard stack or anything like that. My final concern is that you lack a ground immunity. Serp is highly limited as an answer whereas chomp is worn down somewhat easily, so strong ground attacks from stuff like scarf lando-t make it very difficult for you to play back as you either have to sack and then send in these checks or just try to just outplay with banded azumarill, which is not a favorable situation.

To remedy these problems, I suggest the following changes:
1. Fire Blast > Stone Edge on

- Although this makes you more talonflame weak, it gives you a better way to play around scizor so you have much more room to use your other mons to their full effectiveness.
2. Thundurus-I > Hoopa

- Specifically, a set of Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Nasty Plot or Psychic/ Thunder Wave or Psychic with leftovers would be the best fit. If you find you don't need one of the two prankster attacks, psychic is solid coverage for venu and a stronger hit for amoonguss, both of which are somewhat troublesome for your azu and lopunny. This gives you a ground immunity and an answer to defensive talonflame (it loses to jolly sd but chomp covers that nicely). Leftovers is nice since you lack a hazard remover so LO would wear you down very quickly, although its a solid option if you want more firepower and/or if you go 3 atks w/ psychic. An added bonus is that it provides an alternate set-up sweeper and works well with bisharp against choice locked edgequake), while also giving you the prankster t-wave for stuff like m-zam and torn that can be tough to take down as you only have priority and lop to handle with these very fast mons (lop loses to zam tho once it megas and fails to ohko torn :O).
3. Taunt > Glare on

- Regardless of whether you keep T-Wave on Thund or not, this is overall a better option so that you can break stall more easily. Although amoonguss is difficult to break, this will in general help u fare better vs stall while also stopping setup/defog. The loss of glare also likely won't be missed with thundurus around.

My changes somewhat alternate the rolls of what checks what, but I feel that they cover the weaknesses I noticed while not creating any new holes in your team. Let me know what you think / how the changes work out and good luck with your team! :D

Hey there,
This is a very nice team but I believe there a few changes that can be made to make it even better. Firstly, I notice that Mega Scizor is a major threat to your team as the bulky SD set can set up with ease, and is only really checked by garchomp d-tailing it out (which isn't consistent as a last mon sciz won't get phased, tanks eq/edge, and will likely have worn down the rest of your team such that anything that can threaten it is weakened or removed (such as a healthy serp (which actually barely 2hko's with hp fire less than 20% of the time). The only other real way you have to stop it is to set up yourself, such as with serp, lop, or bish. Unfortunately it easily sets up on azu not choiced into waterfall and still checks the majority of your team. Similarly, Skarmory is a nuisance as it walls the majority of your team and isn't threatened by much. Continuing off of this, your team is in general weak to full stall as quagsire walls your physical attackers mostly with its support mons like skarm and amoong while your hoopa can't even break chansey. Speaking of hoopa, I find your use of it to be pretty innefficient. It not only goes against your team by setting up trick room and making your offense (also doesn't sweep well thanks to priority), fast-ish and fast mons go last, but also fails to break stall which hoopa should be doing unless its like scarf or something. Its also poor use of hoopa's typing imo as you don't really *need* a ghost type per say as you don't have hazard stack or anything like that. My final concern is that you lack a ground immunity. Serp is highly limited as an answer whereas chomp is worn down somewhat easily, so strong ground attacks from stuff like scarf lando-t make it very difficult for you to play back as you either have to sack and then send in these checks or just try to just outplay with banded azumarill, which is not a favorable situation.

To remedy these problems, I suggest the following changes:
1. Fire Blast > Stone Edge on

- Although this makes you more talonflame weak, it gives you a better way to play around scizor so you have much more room to use your other mons to their full effectiveness.
2. Thundurus-I > Hoopa

- Specifically, a set of Thunderbolt / HP Ice / Nasty Plot or Psychic/ Thunder Wave or Psychic with leftovers would be the best fit. If you find you don't need one of the two prankster attacks, psychic is solid coverage for venu and a stronger hit for amoonguss, both of which are somewhat troublesome for your azu and lopunny. This gives you a ground immunity and an answer to defensive talonflame (it loses to jolly sd but chomp covers that nicely). Leftovers is nice since you lack a hazard remover so LO would wear you down very quickly, although its a solid option if you want more firepower and/or if you go 3 atks w/ psychic. An added bonus is that it provides an alternate set-up sweeper and works well with bisharp against choice locked edgequake), while also giving you the prankster t-wave for stuff like m-zam and torn that can be tough to take down as you only have priority and lop to handle with these very fast mons (lop loses to zam tho once it megas and fails to ohko torn :O).
3. Taunt > Glare on

- Regardless of whether you keep T-Wave on Thund or not, this is overall a better option so that you can break stall more easily. Although amoonguss is difficult to break, this will in general help u fare better vs stall while also stopping setup/defog. The loss of glare also likely won't be missed with thundurus around.

My changes somewhat alternate the rolls of what checks what, but I feel that they cover the weaknesses I noticed while not creating any new holes in your team. Let me know what you think / how the changes work out and good luck with your team! :D
I'll give some of these suggestions a try but I'll be honest I have personal dislike of the genie trio and tend to avoid using them. I know stupid competitive wise but hey I like to build teams with Pokemon I like and there are few I hate.....the genie trio is one of them (and Hippowdon). I'll try out Taunt Serperior and Fire Blast Garchomp though the later won't be as useful without Thundurus. Seems though that most folks are pushing for Hoopa to leave.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yo!

After analysis of the team I agree with Flaming Victini on a lot of his points. However I'd say the biggest issue I'm seeing is that Mega Gardevoir / Mega Diancie get a kill every time they come in and Mega Altaria can set up a DD on Chomp and that's pretty much game.

So I know you might not be too happy about this but I'm gonna suggest Thundurus over Hoopa as well. Reason being it gives you another check to Scizor, beats Skarm, it's an emergency button on offense so you don't auto-lose to some threat such as rain, a ground immunity and still beats up Slowbro / etc. I'd run HP Flying as it has better neutral coverage than Psychic and allows you to lure Venusaur which the rest of the team dislikes. Prankster Thunder Wave is extremely key when things like Azu locked into Aqua Jet or Garchomp become setup fodder for something like Altaria.

Next since you will have Prankster T-Wave, I'd suggest the same change on Serp: Taunt > Glare. This lets you stallbreak a bit more and luring Torn/Talon isn't all that important for this team IMO.

Here's where my suggestions branch off though. As much as I love the Bisharp + Mega Lopunny together, I feel like you need a steel type that can actually switch into a fairy type. You have a bit of priority in Azumarill already and now with Thundurus you aren't quite as prone to being swept and the revenge killing power of Sucker Punch is not as needed. So yeah, I'm gonna suggest replacing Bisharp. I feel like there are a couple options here but this is the one I think is best:

AV Metagross
This gives you a very reliable switch-in to Mega Gard, Mega Diancie and also Latios which Bisharp can barely take hits from. Pursuit allows you to get some chip damage on many of these as they switch out. With the proper EV spread, it survives a +1 Adamant Altaria Earthquake as well and KOs back with Meteor Mash + Bullet Punch. In the last slot I think Earthquake is standard but you can play around with Zen Headbutt for Venu or Ice Punch for Chomps/Landos to help out Lopunny. I think the biggest concern if this switch is made is that opposing bulky psychic types become rather problematic to remove.

I think the matchup against bulkier playstyles got worse when dropping Hoopa and Bisharp, I would suggest Encore > Fake Out on Lopunny. You're now packing 3 other forms of priority anyway and at 105 base speed Lopunny finds time to Mega Evolve anyway. This does lessen your ability to get chip damage but can be a killer against the bulkier teams which annoy you. I'd also run Knock Off on Azumarill over Superpower now that Bisharp is gone.

Overall I think between all these changes, the team gets a better matchup against offense which is why dropping Fake Out is doable. I do think the matchup against bulkier playstyles is worse than your original team, but you are less susceptible to being run over by DD Altaria which I think is worth it. If you find yourself REALLY hating fat psychic types, you can try stuff like NP on Thundurus, but I think between Encore on Lop and Taunt on Serp you have counterplay.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Atk / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

+
Taunt on Serp
Encore on Lopunny
Knock Off on Azu

Yo!

After analysis of the team I agree with Flaming Victini on a lot of his points. However I'd say the biggest issue I'm seeing is that Mega Gardevoir / Mega Diancie get a kill every time they come in and Mega Altaria can set up a DD on Chomp and that's pretty much game.

So I know you might not be too happy about this but I'm gonna suggest Thundurus over Hoopa as well. Reason being it gives you another check to Scizor, beats Skarm, it's an emergency button on offense so you don't auto-lose to some threat such as rain, a ground immunity and still beats up Slowbro / etc. I'd run HP Flying as it has better neutral coverage than Psychic and allows you to lure Venusaur which the rest of the team dislikes. Prankster Thunder Wave is extremely key when things like Azu locked into Aqua Jet or Garchomp become setup fodder for something like Altaria.

Next since you will have Prankster T-Wave, I'd suggest the same change on Serp: Taunt > Glare. This lets you stallbreak a bit more and luring Torn/Talon isn't all that important for this team IMO.

Here's where my suggestions branch off though. As much as I love the Bisharp + Mega Lopunny together, I feel like you need a steel type that can actually switch into a fairy type. You have a bit of priority in Azumarill already and now with Thundurus you aren't quite as prone to being swept and the revenge killing power of Sucker Punch is not as needed. So yeah, I'm gonna suggest replacing Bisharp. I feel like there are a couple options here but this is the one I think is best:

AV Metagross
This gives you a very reliable switch-in to Mega Gard, Mega Diancie and also Latios which Bisharp can barely take hits from. Pursuit allows you to get some chip damage on many of these as they switch out. With the proper EV spread, it survives a +1 Adamant Altaria Earthquake as well and KOs back with Meteor Mash + Bullet Punch. In the last slot I think Earthquake is standard but you can play around with Zen Headbutt for Venu or Ice Punch for Chomps/Landos to help out Lopunny. I think the biggest concern if this switch is made is that opposing bulky psychic types become rather problematic to remove.

I think the matchup against bulkier playstyles got worse when dropping Hoopa and Bisharp, I would suggest Encore > Fake Out on Lopunny. You're now packing 3 other forms of priority anyway and at 105 base speed Lopunny finds time to Mega Evolve anyway. This does lessen your ability to get chip damage but can be a killer against the bulkier teams which annoy you. I'd also run Knock Off on Azumarill over Superpower now that Bisharp is gone.

Overall I think between all these changes, the team gets a better matchup against offense which is why dropping Fake Out is doable. I do think the matchup against bulkier playstyles is worse than your original team, but you are less susceptible to being run over by DD Altaria which I think is worth it. If you find yourself REALLY hating fat psychic types, you can try stuff like NP on Thundurus, but I think between Encore on Lop and Taunt on Serp you have counterplay.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Atk / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

+
Taunt on Serp
Encore on Lopunny
Knock Off on Azu
Thanks for the rate. I really really wish there was an alternative to using the genies but I guess I have no choice. I'll give it try but man gonna feel dead inside using one lol. I'll test in abit and see how the changes fair.

Using my one free bump as the team has had a major overhaul! Credit to Bludz for their helpful advice from a PM.

Edit: Was super tired last night and added the wrong team change whoops!

Last edited:

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I like Hazard Stacking + Lopunny too !

This team looks good, Lopunny is great, very fast, a threat to offense and Azu has priotity too which is great for late game.
Klefki as Hazard Stacker and Serperior to deal with MLopunny checks. Looks solid to me.

Let's talk about this Girl you met...she wants you to do it again and again...
Your set is Encore and PuP. Usually Encore is used when you want to set up a Substitute. Encoring a defensive Pokemon into Protect/Stealth Rock or similar moves enables you to go for PuP I guess.
Definitly surprising for the opponent.
Maybe it is a personal opinion but I love Fake Out on Lopunny, it lets you deal chip damage (and if you are stacking Hazards it's even more effective, bringing Pokemon in range of Lopunnys attacks)
and allows you to scout for items. Also Return+Fake Out Ohko's many things, turning Fake Out+Return into a ~140 BP Stab move if you sum them.

I did a few test matches and Specially defensive (or just defensive) Skarmory is an issue.
On offense, you have to make sure that there is no Pokemon that could possibly wall you.

This thing is hard to break for you, I did a few test matches with that team and it is a pain to break. Serperior needs one turn setup to be able to threaten it and it could kill back with Brave Bird. Lopunny can encore it into Roost or Spikes, but Brave Bird is risky and sometimes they carry Rocky Helmet so you can't even spam Power Up Punch or High Jump Kick.

To fix that:
HP Fire > Calm Mind
  • You could use Hidden Power Fire on this to deal with the Skamory issue a little bit better
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • not really a great solution, but could suffice
Another idea: Replacing Latios with Heatran
>
-----------

• would easen the matchup against Talonflame and Skamory a bit, you could run Stealth Rocks on this and use it as a Stallbreaker by using Taunt, that would allow Lando to run a Setup set with Swords dance
  • Slowbro becomes more annoying to your team (Lati threatens it with almost Ohko'ing Draco Meteor)
  • having Heatran means that Starmie has more opportunities to come in and Spin your Hazards away (unless you run Dark Pulse and bring it in range to snipe it, I never tried it though)

Last edited:
Hey, I like Hazard Stacking + Lopunny too !

This team looks good, Lopunny is great, very fast, a threat to offense and Azu has priotity too which is great for late game.
Klefki as Hazard Stacker and Serperior to deal with MLopunny checks. Looks solid to me.

Let's talk about this Girl you met...she wants you to do it again and again...
Your set is Encore and PuP. Usually Encore is used when you want to set up a Substitute. Encoring a defensive Pokemon into Protect/Stealth Rock or similar moves enables you to go for PuP I guess.
Definitly surprising for the opponent.
Maybe it is a personal opinion but I love Fake Out on Lopunny, it lets you deal chip damage (and if you are stacking Hazards it's even more effective, bringing Pokemon in range of Lopunnys attacks)
and allows you to scout for items. Also Return+Fake Out Ohko's many things, turning Fake Out+Return into a ~140 BP Stab move if you sum them.

Specially defensive Skarmory is an issue.
On offense, you have to make sure that there is no Pokemon that could possibly wall you.

This thing is hard to break for you, I did a few test matches with that team and it is a pain to break. Serperior needs one turn setup to be able to threaten it and it could kill back with Brave Bird. Lopunny can encore it into Roost or Spikes, but Brave Bird is risky and sometimes they carry Rocky Helmet so you can't even spam Power Up Punch or High Jump Kick.

To fix that:
HP Fire > Calm Mind
  • You could use Hidden Power Fire on this to deal with the Skamory issue a little bit better
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • not really a great solution, but could suffice
Another idea: Replacing Latios with Heatran
>
-----------

• would easen the matchup against Talonflame and Skamory a bit, you could run Stealth Rocks on this and use it as a Stallbreaker by using Taunt, that would allow Lando to run a Setup set with Swords dance
  • Slowbro becomes more annoying to your team (Lati threatens it with almost Ohko'ing Draco Meteor)
  • having Heatran means that Starmie has more opportunities to come in and Spin your Hazards away (unless you run Dark Pulse and bring it in range to snipe it, I never tried it though)
Thanks for the rate. I wouldn't consider changing Calm Mind to HP Fire a great idea if you are talking about it stopping SpD Skarmory since my Azumarill does more damage than HP Fire Latios

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Skarmory: 178-210 (53.4 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 135-160 (40.5 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Add to the fact my Azumarill outspeeds Skarmory combined with the flinch chance from Waterfall makes those odds more favorable compared to HP Fire Latios even with the physical defense version. If I found Skarmory truly scary enough to swap out a move then I'd probably swap out U-turn for Gravity on Landorus-T if I really needed too.

I run Encore on M.Lopunny in order to work with Taunt Serperior to break stall which would otherwise be a pain for the team.

Last edited:

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I still think that Skamory gives you trouble (Spd and Physdef) Yes, Waterfall 2HKOs in some scenarios. But that is only very situational.
To beat Skamory with Azumarill, Skamory has to switch in on your Waterfall. That's very situational. What do you do if Skamory comes in at full health, on a free switch ? Let's say you have to switch a Pokemon into it. How do you gain back your momentum ? It Brave Birds your Lopunny and Serperoir. Other members are walled by it.
Your band can also get Knocked Off and Waterfall might not flinch. So not a reliable way to deal with Skarmory in my opinion.

I actually really like pup + encore lop, i really want to try that myself cuz it seems like a stellar stallbreaker with hazard stack. Also if you are having trouble with skarm then i prefer Smack Down > Stone Edge rather than running gravity.

I still think that Skamory gives you trouble (Spd and Physdef) Yes, Waterfall 2HKOs in some scenarios. But that is only very situational.
To beat Skamory with Azumarill, Skamory has to switch in on your Waterfall. That's very situational. What do you do if Skamory comes in at full health, on a free switch ? Let's say you have to switch a Pokemon into it. How do you gain back your momentum ? It Brave Birds your Lopunny and Serperoir. Other members are walled by it.
Your band can also get Knocked Off and Waterfall might not flinch. So not a reliable way to deal with Skarmory in my opinion.
Even so I don't like the idea of replacing Calm Mind with HP Fire or with Heatran which brings in Slowbro problems.

I actually really like pup + encore lop, i really want to try that myself cuz it seems like a stellar stallbreaker with hazard stack. Also if you are having trouble with skarm then i prefer Smack Down > Stone Edge rather than running gravity.
I forgot Lando-t learns Smack Down. I might give this a try instead. It'd be viable since it would still be a middle finger to Talonflame as well as Skamory who both have to fear a STAB super effective Earthquake. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)