Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm resetting the event Pikachu, and I'm trying to narrow down the Ivs. I ussually use Metalkids calculator, but its telling me the Ivs for both defenses are impossible, which I figured to be because of level 10 being too low.

I've used Rare Candys to get it to level 20, and Metalkids is still giving me the impossible message. So I plugged its level and nature into Showdowns team builder, and the stats are matching whats in my game, with all of them being 30 or 31 with the exception of SpDef.

So basically what I'm asking is, is there a better calculator I can use, and is this Pikachu worth keeping?

Pikachu lv. 20
Jolly Nature

Hp: 50
Atk: 33 (Likes to thrash about, so 31 IV)
Def: 27
SpAtk: 27
SpDef: 30
Speed: 51
Set it to "Pikachu (XY)" or w/e metalkid lists it as, Pika and a few others had stats changed in 6th gen.

Is there no way you can confirm IVs via IV Judge? If you can confirm a 31 in Speed, that's a definite keep.
Not necessarily a definite keep, IMO. The PGL Pikachu apparently has 2 guaranteed IVs at 31 from what I've heard.

Correct me if I'm wrong! :)

I'm resetting the event Pikachu, and I'm trying to narrow down the Ivs. I ussually use Metalkids calculator, but its telling me the Ivs for both defenses are impossible, which I figured to be because of level 10 being too low.

I've used Rare Candys to get it to level 20, and Metalkids is still giving me the impossible message. So I plugged its level and nature into Showdowns team builder, and the stats are matching whats in my game, with all of them being 30 or 31 with the exception of SpDef.

So basically what I'm asking is, is there a better calculator I can use, and is this Pikachu worth keeping?

Pikachu lv. 20
Jolly Nature

Hp: 50
Atk: 33 (Likes to thrash about, so 31 IV)
Def: 27
SpAtk: 27
SpDef: 30
Speed: 51
There's a good chance you didn't select the right Pikachu. Some base stats have been increased in gen 6, including Pikachu.

None (Jolly)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 25 - 31
SpD: 25 - 29
Speed: 30 - 31

I would keep if HP, Atk, Def and Speed are 31 and SpD is 29 lol.

Not necessarily a definite keep, IMO. The PGL Pikachu apparently has 2 guaranteed IVs at 31 from what I've heard.

Correct me if I'm wrong! :)
I'd say it's a definite keep because if you're going to be using Endeavor + Sash, it doesn't really matter what the defenses are on an already frail Raichu. And if you're not using Endeavor, just breed the thing and be done with it.

There's a good chance you didn't select the right Pikachu. Some base stats have been increased in gen 6, including Pikachu.

None (Jolly)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 25 - 31
SpD: 25 - 29
Speed: 30 - 31

I would keep if HP, Atk, Def and Speed are 31 and SpD is 29 lol.
You guys are right, I didn't pick the right Pikachu tab. With the judge and leveling to 31, I've got confirmed IVs of 30/31/31/29/26/31.

I'm going to think about wether or not I want to keep this. It's still pretty solid in my opinion, and since its only purpose over a Pikachu I've bred myself is Endeavor, maybe that Sp.Def isnt too much of an issue. Plus the Rare Candys probably already killed trade value.

Thanks a lot guys!

I kept it, I think this is a good SR, for an event with one perk. If anybody is interested in it, I have no problem getting a reliable cloner to make some copies for trade.

Last edited:
You guys are right, I didn't pick the right Pikachu tab. With the judge and leveling to 31, I've got confirmed IVs of 30/31/31/29/26/31.

I'm going to think about wether or not I want to keep this. It's still pretty solid in my opinion, and since its only purpose over a Pikachu I've bred myself is Endeavor, maybe that Sp.Def isnt too much of an issue. Plus the Rare Candys probably already killed trade value.

Thanks a lot guys!
tbh this is probably the biggest reason to toss it. I couldn't blame you for keeping it, but if you dont...you should just give it evs instead of leveling it up to check stats....will edit in a link to a post cant say made about it that should help

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/soft-resetting-guide-pokémon-xy-and-oras.3523818/#post-5909593

Last edited:
well heres one..

i have 1 and only 1 pgl pika code, and am considering trading it. the terms would be:

id like a pokemon or code of comparable value in return, as well as the person i trade it to guarantees me a full redis copy of the SR, which must have a +Spe nature and 31ivs in speed. the rest is up to you. if interested, vm me.
If nobody has made you an offer I can make an offer then pm me.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for the spam everyone. I have a question though. I'm gonna restart Pokemon x in my free time. What bird should I go for and what nature should I soft reset on zygarde xerneas and mewtwo.
rufus drumknott is currently SRing a Bold HP Ice Zapdos in an Ultra Ball. I vote a Timid HP Ground Articuno (what I was aiming for when I landed a pentaflawless).

No idea on Mewtwo coz afaik pretty much every usable nature has been done.

I would wait on the Zygarde since it will inevitably get some sort of cool forme / mega so I'd hold off until I knew what the new Zygarde is good at. I'm guessing Adamant / Jolly so it can do a Dragon Dance set but I've seen those natures (well only Adamant) already.

Just found my Shiny seed (TMBM w/ Masuda Parents). Is there a way to re-roll the IV's (possibly, better) of the egg or am I stucked with it.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just found my Shiny seed (TMBM w/ Masuda Parents). Is there a way to re-roll the IV's (possibly, better) of the egg or am I stucked with it.
You can 'semi' reroll the IVs with different items; power items in particular. But one will still have to be destiny knot for the SV to stay the same.

Obviously, you likely end up with a crummy nature, but that's the breaks I'm afraid.

Which would you consider better for a pokemon with HP Ground on a Trick Room team?

30/x/30/31/30/0
31/x/31/30/30/1
Spd IVs of 0-3 yield the same stat at Lv50 iirc, so the speed isn't affected. Depends on what stat you're investing in (HP/Def vs SpAtk), but the 1Spd spread may be more difficult to breed. Just my opinion :)

Which would you consider better for a pokemon with HP Ground on a Trick Room team?

30/even/30/31/30/0
31/x/31/30/30/1
depends on which pokemon you are talking about. Some TR pokes have "benchmark" speeds you wanna have, like the crowded 30 Spe. If you breed something with say 40 Spe you could be outsped by slower stuff, dunno depends on the poke

It's for Slyveon and Glaceon.

So 60 and 65.

Almost too fast for TR but better Quiet than Modest on a TR team.

Last edited:

30/even/30/31/30/0
31/x/31/30/30/1
Depends on the set you are planning to use. If it is an offensive TR pokemon 31 in spatk might be better for max damage. If it is more of a defensive pokemon go for the 31 in defense.

The following calcs were made to illustrate how 31 in spatk would be useful. I'm not saying that conk's ev spread is common or that you should aim to get the guaranteed OHKO on it. The point is you never know how bulky some pokemon will be and that's were the max damage thing becomes useful.

with 30 in spatk
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 140 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 384-452 (99.4 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

with 31 in spatk
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 140 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 386-456 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Is there a reliable person available to clone my event Pika for me? I would like 1+ the original back so I can leave one as a Pikachu and evolve the other. You may keep a copy and redistribute it if you have a trade thread here (since I never seems to be able to keep my own threads going for long) however I did pump some Rare Candys into it so its level 31.

It's Jolly with a 30/31/31/29/26/31 spread.

Last edited:

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there a reliable person available to clone my event Pika for me? I would like 1+ the original back so I can leave one as a Pikachu and evolve the other. You may keep a copy and redistribute it if you have a trade thread here (since I never seems to be able to keep my own threads going for long) however I did pump some Rare Candys into it so its level 31.

It's Jolly with a 30/31/31/29/26/31 spread.
would you trade one for something from my thread? id happily trade my zapdos for it. i also have a 6iv naive lux victini i recently rngd after my thread closed. pm me please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)