ORAS UU Curse of Dragon(Peaked Top 10)

Curse of Dragon

Hi, I'm back, I really appreciate the support on my first RMT for an OU team.(http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/superior-medicham-peaked-10.3545686/)
This time, the team is for the UU tier. Is a balanced team with Feraligatr and my pair of special dragons.
Well, let's see the team.

TEAM PREVIEW

......................................................................................................................................

Teambuilding Process

Feraligatr is one of the most powerfull monsters on this tier, and that is enough to make a team based on him.

Feraligatr needs a wallbreaker to deal with Pokemons like Chesnaught, Aggron, Suicune etc. In this case I choose Entei because Sacred fire is good vs leads like Azelf or Froslass for the potencial burn and can beat Chesnaugh and Aggron. In addition Entei has a strong priority move(Extreme Speed)

Well, we have the two first members of the team, but we have a really good problem vs bulky water mons, and bulky water in UU means Suicune.
Dragalge is a good option because you can check suicune and can set up Toxic Spikes, and remove the opposing Toxic Spikes. Now, we have one of the two dragons, drop a draco is always good, you know.

If is the Calm Mind Suicune, Dragalge can't beat him because I don't have Dragon Tail, and we have a very strong weakness vs dragons like Salamence or Hydreigon. This is the main reason to chose Whimsicott, Encore is really good to stop set up sweepers(Salamence,Feraligatr,Suicune,Reuniclus..).

Seems like a cool team, but all the competitive teams need Stealth Rock to work correctly. My choice was Aggron because we don't have a mega on this team and I really like Aggron because with curse will be a problem for the opponent.

Ok, 3 weaknesses to ground, this is really bad because Earthquake is a really common move. No problem, the second dragon is here, Hydreigon is a lord in UU, Ground immunity and help me a lot versus mons like Chandelure. Of course this thing is a Wallbreaker with the life orb because he has Superpower to beat Blissey,Empoleon,Umbreon etc. after Draco Meteor.
The main problem is that we don't have a hazard remover but anyways, could work.

Ladder

top9.png

I know, my GXE is really bad, this is because I played some battles with funny teams with this account and well..Let's Go!

Team in depth
.............................................................................................................................................
@

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Dragon Dance |
|
Waterfall |
|
Ice Punch |
|
Earthquake |
|

This guy is a star on UU right now, with the Sheer Force Gatr is a really big threat for any team. You can set up a Dragon Dance and sweep at the end of the game. Waterfall because is the best move for Feraligatr, Ice Punch to deal with Grass, and Dragon types(Chesnaught,Salamence,Shaymin etc.) Finally I chose Earthquake over Crunch because can hit Toxicroak, Tentacruel, Empoleon etc.
.............................................................................................................................................
@

Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
Sacred Fire |
|
Flare Blitz |
|
Stone Edge |
|
Extreme Speed |
|

I still remember the first time that I saw this Pokemon, I was in Lake Fury (Pokemon Crystal) since that time I love this Pokemon. Well, after this stupid history let's go with the set.
This is the Standard Choice Band Entei, dual fire move, but you can chose Toxic or WOW over Flare Blitz. 252 speed to outspeed dangerous things like Heracross. Entei help Feraligatr vs defensive Pokemons like Chesnaught, Aggron etc. And of course has a priority move to prevent a sweep.
@

Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
Toxic Spikes |
|
Draco Meteor |
|
Sludge Wave |
|
Thunderbolt |
|

Dragalge is a good Pokemon in UU, can check Water types like Suicune or Grass types like Roserade or something. Can set Toxic Spikes or remove them. Modest + Adaptability mean death. You can abuse of Draco Meteor or Sludge Wave spam, Thunderbolt is for Pokemon like Tentacruel, Forretress, Empoleon etc.
@

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
MoonBlast |
|
Leech Seed |
|
Stun Spore |
|
Encore |
|

Many people hates this Pokemon including me, is really annoying thanks to the ability, Prankster. Leech Seed to recover life, Stun Spore to Catch someone on a switch and paralyze, Encore is the best move, is really annoying, can beat Suicune, Blissey and stop set up sweepers like Salamence, Feraligatr, Cloyster etc. The last move is Moonblast to hit Fight and Dragon types. You can chose Memento to help Feraligatr and sweep more easily.
@ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy / Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
Stealth Rock |
|
Heavy Slam |
|
Earthquake |
|
Curse |
|

My Stealth Rock setter, and of course the mega of my team. Aggron can set up rocks easily, he has the biggest defense stat and with the nature and the EVs on the special defense is a very big wall difficult to take down. Curse help versus physical sweepers like Aerodactyl or Cobalion and after that you can beat them.
Sassy nature is because you can't outspeed Forretress after Curse and when he decide to Volt Switch out you can catch something with Earthquake or Heavy Slam(Entei, Chandelure..)
@

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Vel
Hasty Nature
Draco Meteor |
|
Dark Pulse |
|
Superpower |
|
Roost |
|

Like I said, we need a ground immunity and something to stop Chandelure so this is my man. Mixed Wall Breaker, superpower finish Special walls like Blissey, Empoleon or Umbreon. Draco Meteor life orb does OHKO many things, so.. drop a Draco!
Roost is my last move, you can choice Fire Blast or Iron Tail but I think that the longevity is most important than the coverage, just because you have an Entei(Fire) and Aggron(Steel).

Threatlist

• Well, we don't have a hazard removal, so Spikes and Stealth Rocks are a problem for my team.
  • Life orb special Salamence kill my entire team, I need to predict so much to catch him.
  • Teams with Froslass lead are always difficult to beat.
Some Replays

Replays are not available last few days but I have some battles of today.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-266485891
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-266481477

Code:
Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb 
Adamant Nature 
- Dragon Dance 
- Waterfall 
- Ice Punch 
- Earthquake 

Entei @ Choice Band 
Ability: Pressure 
Adamant Nature 
- Sacred Fire 
- Flare Blitz 
- Extreme Speed 
- Stone Edge 

Dragalge (F) @ Black Sludge 
Shiny: Yes 
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD 
Modest Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Toxic Spikes 
- Draco Meteor 
- Sludge Wave 
- Thunderbolt 

Whimsicott (M) @ Leftovers 
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD 
Bold Nature 
- Moonblast 
- Leech Seed 
- Stun Spore 
- Encore 

Aggron (M) @ Aggronite 
Ability: Sturdy 
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD 
Sassy Nature 
- Stealth Rock 
- Heavy Slam 
- Earthquake 
- Curse 

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb 
Ability: Levitate 
Shiny: Yes 
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Hasty Nature 
- Draco Meteor 
- Dark Pulse 
- Superpower 
- Roost

Haze + dragon fang on dragalge would help with the teams weakness to bulky setup and you know, hit stupid hard, which seems to be what you're aiming for. also speed creep base 60's.

The lack of hazard clear is beyond worrying, a fast spdef taunt mandibuzz would take over hydries niche easily and bring defog to the table, the loss in power is painful but this team packs a decent punch already. Plus it takes a huge load off of megron. (Sorry for killing the dual dragons, the team shuffle to fit defog in elsewhere was way too painful)

No U turn whimsicott is an odd choice but I actually approve of the set on this team. I seriously suggest you speed creep cobalion though.

If you find the team lacking in power after the changes Mega Steelix may actually be a better steel fat thing than megron here due to it's smashy nature and immunity to electric turning off volt switch.

Haze + dragon fang on dragalge would help with the teams weakness to bulky setup and you know, hit stupid hard, which seems to be what you're aiming for. also speed creep base 60's.

The lack of hazard clear is beyond worrying, a fast spdef taunt mandibuzz would take over hydries niche easily and bring defog to the table, the loss in power is painful but this team packs a decent punch already. Plus it takes a huge load off of megron. (Sorry for killing the dual dragons, the team shuffle to fit defog in elsewhere was way too painful)

No U turn whimsicott is an odd choice but I actually approve of the set on this team. I seriously suggest you speed creep cobalion though.

If you find the team lacking in power after the changes Mega Steelix may actually be a better steel fat thing than megron here due to it's smashy nature and immunity to electric turning off volt switch.
Thanks for the reply, I like black sludge Dragalge because doesn't need Dragon Fang to hit hard. Haze or Dragon Tail are a very good options over TBolt but I don't really know if I need them.
I know, Mandibuzz is an amazing wall but yeah, the pair of dragons are really cool. Anyways I can test her over Hydreigon.
Whimsicott always run U/turn I know, but I need the other moves and I can make a double switch easily anyways.
And finally, yeah, Steelix is a great idea, definitely I will try to insert him on the team but I'm not sure if he works really good.

Mlix would only really function with bird or like, boring florges on this team but flower makes you 100% weak to bulky setup

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
What's up man, cool looking team. Dragalge is an extremely cool mon and should definitely get more love because of its raw power. I'm glad to see you using it :). I also noticed you didn't have any hazard removal, which is extremely essential nowadays due to competitive Pokemon pretty much being hazard based. But anyway, I'd like to recommend a couple of things that could help this team out.

• So first off, I'd like to recommend a cool change. I think you should go with Special Salamence over Hydreigon. Salamence gives you Defog as well as a nice secondary fighting check with Whims (I guess Dragalge too but I would never switch that into a Mienshao HJK). Although the coverage is nice with Dragon/Dark, Salamence can maintain that offensive presence with strong Dracos but also provide nice support for the team with Defog. It also keeps the dual dragons, which I'm guessing you'd like to keep. Here's the set I'd like to recommend

Salamence @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost
    - Defog
    I personally prefer Leftovers because I never like chip damage on my defoggers (I tend to run Acrobatics on Crobat as well), but most people run Life Orb so I slashed it first, its really preference!

• Next, I think Haze over Toxic Spikes on Dragalge is a really cool suggestion. If you take up my Salamence suggestion you wouldn't want Defog + Toxic Spikes, so once you get up your hazards you wouldn't want to remove them with your own Defog. But anyway, Haze is really cool, because it can really stop set-up sweepers like Cune or Lax plus you get to "recharge" your Dracos, so to speak.
  • Lastly, although an electric immunity would be nice, you have some mons that resist it in Dragalge and Whims, so I don't think Steelix would fit. But anyway, I'd like to recommend Thunder Wave over Curse on Aggron. Thunder Wave is extremely nice, considering you're running a lot Pokemon that could really appreciate it in Dragalge, Entei, and Feraligatr. I don't really see Curse really doing anything at all considering you don't have Rest + Talk on Aggron, which is pretty much essential if you're running Curse, because you need some reliable recovery.
But anyway, I feel that these small changes could really help in your favor, especially the hazard removal. Although it's still weak to some things, its more offensive minded more than defensive so that's alright, on offensive builds you never need to switch-in to anything. But I hope you consider my recommendations and good luck with your team!

ayte (i'm gonna try to sound like 49 in this rate, he's such an inspiration)

this team seems pretty cool, gatr + offensive fire + grass has always been a neat little core (if u wanna call it that, i guess) that is pretty good at what it does rn. the main issues i can see with this team, from a glance and as other dudes have mentioned, is that your defensive backbone leaves a lot to be desired, what with your team struggling to switch into the nidos, forcing you to play the guessing game of which coverage move it's gonna go for, as well as the fact that aggron, and, to a lesser extent, whimsicott, give away free turns to spikers that usually come in on them (think qwil, forre, rose, opposing defensive nidos), which is compounded by the fact that you lack any way of getting rid of hazards, meaning that both hyper offensive builds that tend to get up hazards right from the get go and then beat down ur team with constant offensive pressure, as well as more stall-oriented builds that can force out ur defensive mons and use them as setup bait for hazards can be a real pain for your team to face. your team also doesn't like a lot of common offensive mons, namely hydrei and mence, given the fact that whimsicott is your only real answer to them, and lo variants can kind of plow through it anyway unless it encores on a draco switch-in, as you don't run any speed whatsoever on whimsi, leading mence to net a kill with fblast after a smidge of prior damage, as well as the less common lo fblast / iron tail / flash cannon hydrei. your only other way of really dealing with them is trying to revenge kill them with scarf hydrei, which isn't really a feasible way of dealing with it as nearly every team will have an answer to scarfdrei in some way shape or form.

i would suggest replacing scarfdrei with gligar atm, as it patches up the aforementioned weaknesses to at least some degree - gligar can clear hazards pretty reliably, and although it doesn't offer as much in terms of power compared to mence or mandi's stallbreaking capabilities, it still offers a reliable defensive role, giving you a much appreciated vswitch immunity as well as being able to retain a bit of momentum that your team has going for it. it also still does well versus some of the defensive wincons that trouble your team, as taunt gives you a bit of a handle against stuff like cm reuni, lax, curse aggron, etc.

as for much smaller issues, i think some of your ev / moveset choices cud be optimized a bit here. to start off, assuming you use gligar, i think that having eq on gatr is much less necessary, as toxicroak is only really a problem now if it's carrying ice punch, and dragalge can take care of empo and tenta anyway (although i don't see either of those fat waters being a reason to warrant eq, seeing as how at +1 ur droppin bombs on both anyway. i guess its nice if ur afraid of scald burns, or the less common offensive gk empo). putting crunch over it is something that i'd advocate for, as it pressures the fat psychics, and keeps less common mons like jellicent honest. i think you could run a bit more speed on draglage and whimsicott as well; running 68 speed evs on drag is nice for outspeeding relaxed pert, and you don't lose out on anything notable with the loss in bulk so it can still function pretty well as a grass / water check. meanwhile, running no speed on whimsicott is something that i personally would never push for, as the aformentioned dragons can run circles around you otherwise and you miss out on a ton of important benchmarks as well. 248 hp / 132 def / 128 spe+ is something that u could try out to outspeed max positive-natured 100s while still being a decent check to offensive dragons and waters. aggron could use a bit of tweaking as well, as a spread of 252 hp / 16 def+ / 240 spd hits a jump point, and more importantly, allows you to take 2 cb boosted eqs from krook.

that's it from me, i guess. have fun widda team, hope i helped

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Taunt / U-turn

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave / Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt / Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Encore
- U-turn

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Roar / Taunt
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)