ORAS OU Contingency - An OU Quickstall Team (Peaked 1432 on PO)

Contingency - An OU Quickstall Team
Built by Kosuke

Introduction

Hello Smogon! While this will be my first major team posted on Smogon, I am a reasonably experienced player, previously playing on the Pokemon Online servers. I am a player who dislikes using a standard archetypical team; while if a popular pokemon is well-suited for a spot I will grant it one, I mostly spend my time thinking of different ways to win. However, that does not mean to say that I am completely adverse to them, and with a good-enough reason I will indeed place it on my team.

The team I would like to introduce today is a mixture of classic Toxic Stall and newer methods of sweep prevention. The team in itself is a stall-based team; primarily focusing on continuous recovery and status damage to outlast the enemy team, while constantly pressuring the enemy onto the defensive via some setup-based win conditions such as Suicune, Clefable and Doublade. This team covers one of the key weaknesses of traditional stall teams; namely, vulnerability against setup sweepers and powerful wallbreakers. While the stall-based nature of the team can sometimes lead to strugglefests against opposing stall, the presence of a Pressure user and a Rest pokemon can usually bring these to a win.

The team’s philosophy firstly bases itself on the concept of pressure-based stall. In simpler words, I intended to create a stall team that could keep the enemies on their toes. I did this through the constant threat of a Substitute on a switch, which would enable me to land a Toxic on their wallbreaker. From there, I could spam Substitute / Recover or use strategic switching to force them out or faint them. Every opposing team has a weak link against a quickstall team; and if a pokemon gains an opportunity to set up Substitutes / defensive boosts against them, the enemy would be hard-pressed to regain their momentum without losing some key pokemon. Additionally, this team counts on every member staying alive and healthy. In a stall team, once a link breaks, it suddenly becomes much easier to dismantle. My team uses a combination of standard recovery and Rest / Sleep Talk / Heal Bell to shrug off most damage that is thrown against them, and ensures that teammates can respond well to a threat.

Gliscor serves as the primary Toxic Staller; due to its existence as a hard counter to many physical sweepers such as Excadrill and scarfed Landorus-T, it forces many switches which it can capitalize on with a well-timed Substitute. With its good speed combined with incredible regeneration potential it can, once it is behind a substitute, stall out an entire team. Supporting it is the combination of Heatran, Virizion and Suicune; Heatran serving as an offensive anchor as well as walling some key threats such as Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y without Earthquake using its great typing, Virizion serving as a secondary Toxic Staller as well as an answer to specially attacking Water types, and Suicune working as a status absorber and a potential win condition with Calm Mind. Clefable ensures that any setup is futile; and while the secondary presence of Quagsire is missed, the team can effectively handle any Swords Dancing Scizor if need be. Finally, Doublade works similarly to Suicune; while it can stop several important threats to the teach such as Mega Heracross and Scizor on the spot, and serves as a physical wall early-mid game, it can heal and transition into a setup sweeper late-game.

This team requires a moderate level of skill to play effectively. Firstly, it is somewhat weak to Choice item-holding Trick users; most commonly Rotom-W, though the team can handle standard defensive Rotom-W well with Virizion. Furthermore, pokemon with both reliable recovery, good bulk and a fast Taunt can shut down this team if some key members such as Heatran are already fainted; some notable examples include speed-invested Gliscor and Mew. Finally, powerful special attackers such as Hoopa-U can break through the team if Clefable is weakened; thus, against such opponents it is important to set up Calm Minds before their entrance if possible (which this team has no lack of).

Team Creation Process

The team originally consisted of a core that I have found consistently effective in Toxic Stalling; namely, Gliscor, Zapdos, and Gastrodon. While not having perfect defensive synergy, their balance of relative speed, bulk, and resistances caused many an opposing team a headache. However, I found that setup sweepers with Substitute could easily break through this core.

My answer to that threat was the twin core of Quagsire and Clefable; covering both the physical and special spectrum, and each having defensive boosting capabilities in Stockpile and Calm Mind, respectively, they could deal with most setup sweepers. What Quagsire lacked in offensive boosting it made up for with Toxic; and Clefable could often take advantage of such setup sweepers to set up multiple Calm Minds and sweep.

The final slot was always contested, and while multiple pokemon filled the role none came close to covering the team’s weaknesses. While Latias was a notable mention, providing some key water resistances, special bulk and Defog, it often felt somewhat lacking. I used it as a secondary status absorber with Psycho Shift, but the pokemon it used to wall would take it down relatively easily due to the new and improved Knock Off. At the same time, I needed an offensive presence; something that could sweep without relying on critical hits not occurring.

At this time, this team had a massive Mega Heracross weakness; coming across one pretty much signaled an instant loss. Playing around with different pokemon, I came across Doublade; holding a massive defensive stat with Eviolite, while having a surprisingly strong attack, and all in conjunction with its amazing typing. It served as an excellent Heracross counter, all while providing key resistances and offensive threat. I felt the need to give it reliable recovery in Rest, which pushed me to include Heal Bell in Clefable’s arsenal.

However, after a while, I noticed an redundancy between the typings of Gastrodon and Quagsire; leaving the team remarkably weak to something like a Chandelure or Volcarona with Giga Drain. Thus, I decided to replace Gastrodon with something that could take on popular Fire-type pokemon; Heatran was the first that sprang to mind. Since I needed a Stealth Rocker (and since the moves on Quagsire or Gliscor was too precious to replace), I decided to make it an offensive pivot Heatran; Flash Fire and its typing would be enough to act as a Talonflame-retardant without any defensive investment. Its speed also allowed me to outspeed and threaten out defensive Steel-types, which I could not Toxic.

Soon after, I began to feel that Quagsire was not pulling its weight effectively; furthermore, the team, I found, was remarkably weak to physical attackers with Ice-type moves, such as Weavile. I eventually replaced Quagsire with Suicune; it could act as a pseudo-wall physically, while also acting as a status absorber and win condition with RestTalk Calm Mind.

This, however, left the team incredibly weak against the common Rotom-W; with Will-o-Wisp and Pain Split, it could systematically cripple all my key members. Due to the fact that this team relies on everyone to be healthy at all times to face strong-hitting threats, I needed a fix to this ASAP. I tried out Mega Venusaur; and while the lack of leftovers and speed troubled me, it served for the present.

However, I still felt that once Gliscor was sufficiently weakened, a strong Earthquake could easily tear through the team, and Venusaur’s poison typing wasn’t doing it any favours. Luckily, Virizion has good special bulk, reliable recovery, even better speed than Zapdos, and could fill the same Toxic-stalling role. It is my primary answer to any strong Water-type moves, and can stop Mega Gyarados especially well.

Introducing Contingency: The Team

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Stealth Rock

Heatran serves as a somewhat offensive anchor to the team. It is the only pokemon with sweeper-like investment, and can outspeed most other bulky threats to the team and shut them down. Opposing Heatrans can especially be a problem, and unless they hold a Balloon it is easy for Heatran to kill with a timely Earth Power. Furthermore, Heatran is capable of preventing vulnerable enemies from switching out carelessly, mainly due to Lava Plume, which threatens a burn on an enemy’s physical attacker. While originally holding HP Ice for opposing dragons, the combination of Clefable and Gliscor can usually handle them rather well, which led to the introduction of Rest, which keeps Heatran healthy.

This is especially important due to Heatran’s secondary role as a counter to other Fire-types, including Volcarona and Talonflame. While its typing prevents the application of massive damage, repeatedly switching into Brave Birds and Stealth Rocks can wear it down; thus, Rest is necessary for preventing an enemy sweep. Rest synergises especially well with Clefable’s Heal Bell; fully waking Heatran for another encounter. Heatran is also responsible for taking down Thundurus if Clefable is weakened, which necessitates a method of removing paralysis from a Prankster Thunder Wave.

Finally, Heatran is responsible for setting up and maintaining Stealth Rock throughout the game. This is especially fitting, due to it being the first answer to a Volcarona or Talonflame; it can force it out, while preventing them from re-entering the field without a Rapid Spin or Defog. Furthermore, Stealth Rock is essential for weakening powerful sweepers such as Mega Beedrill or Mega Pinsir; the team mostly consists of relatively weak attacks, which may potentially lead to a loss if more than 2 hits are required to stop their setup sweep.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SDef / 52 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Gliscor is the star of the show, and fulfills a multitude of roles. Firstly, it serves as a physical wall, especially against Ground-type sweepers such as Excadrill or Landorus-T. Its rapid regeneration from Poison Heal allows it to switch into threats multiple times without getting weakened. Its typing also allows effective countering of common Fighting-types; though one must be wary of an Ice Punch, and will need to scout for one the first time round. Bulk Up Conkeldurr without Ice Punch can be walled extensively, even with a Guts boost from Toxic; the same goes with Terrakion.

Secondly, Gliscor serves as the premiere Toxic Staller. Its sufficient speed allows for it to outspeed and set up Substitute against opposing stall. Furthermore, its defensive capabilities also forces many switches, thus making it that much easier to Substitute up against physical sweepers as well. From there, Gliscor can Toxic, while create multiple Substitutes to soak up damage. 2 turns of Poison Heal gives Gliscor back the same amount of health as a substitute; thus, Gliscor can stall indefinitely if it takes two hits to take its sub down.

While continually Toxic Stalling through a substitute, Gliscor can also weaken the offensive prowess of wallbreakers that attempt to cripple it. Knock Off can take away items such as Life Orb, Choice Band and Choice Specs, which may hamper the defensive capability of the team. It is also another pressure move to prevent careless switches; a defensive enemy may be rid of its Leftovers, as well. Gliscor has its counters, however. Sound moves, especially Hyper Voice, can bypass its substitute and deal massive damage to it. Consider going easy on the use of Substitutes against enemy teams which possess that until the user is fainted.

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Synthesis

Virizion works as a backup Toxic Staller, as well as a counter against rain teams. The regeneration provided by the combination of Giga Drain and Synthesis allows it to hold its own against non-steel types. Its extremely high speed allows for quick substitutes, which can help stall out key opponents in a pinch. In some cases, it can serve as a revenge-killer of sorts, taking down pokemon such as Keldeo which may threaten the team.

It also is one of the team’s two special walls. Virizion’s natural special bulk combined with its Grass typing allows it to wall out water-types such as Rotom-W; and its rapid offensive regeneration via Giga Drain prevents it from being stalled out in turn. Thus, not much special defense investment is necessary; instead opting for the speed and HP investment. A note with Virizion is that its relative underusage allows for effective bluffing. For example, if it does not reveal Synthesis or Toxic it can bluff a fighting-type move, which is effective with threatening out Heatrans and setting up Substitutes. While not as potent as Gliscor, Virizion is still a threat to be reckoned behind a free Substitute.

Virizion competes for this spot with Mega Venusaur. While Mega Venusaur has better physical bulk and neutrality against Ice and Fire, Virizion’s ground resistance is often key for setting up substitutes against pokemon such as Hippowdon. Furthermore, the lack of Leftovers on Venusaur hurts it a large amount; especially with the commonality of Tyranitar’s Sandstorm.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Suicune, though an unusual choice for this team, pulls its weight very effectively. Its full defensive investment allows it to tank and set up against many physical attackers, while its typing allows it to wall common water-types excluding Rotom-W. Scald constantly threatens burns against incoming opponents, further reducing the opponent’s intentions for taking Suicune down with a physical attacker. On the other hand, Calm Mind allows Suicune to set up effectively against special attackers, and eventually become an unkillable tank.

RestTalk allows Suicune to absorb any potentially damaging status during its setup and use the turn to its advantage. Its good base speed allows it to use Rest before any opposing defensive pokemon, while its bulk allows it to Rest after several hits from an offensive one. Due to Sleep Talk, Suicune can also be used as an emergency response to a Sleep Powder or Spore from Venusaur (since Virizion is crippled by Sludge Bomb), if Gliscor does not have a Toxic Orb activated.

Suicune is also blessed with Pressure; though usually useless, in a stall team vs stall scenario it can work incredibly well. This team struggles against Unaware Quagsire and Clefable; Suicune can PP stall them while setting up +6 with Calm Mind. In an emergency, Suicune can avoid using Sleep Talk to just sleep off a turn to gain a further advantage in PP points.

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight

Clefable is an essential part of the team, if only for its ability to shut down setup sweepers and defensive boosters. Unaware allows Clefable to completely ignore any stat boosts the enemy has, be it offensive or defensive; a healthy Clefable is a direct counter to Tail Glow Manaphy, as well as some Volcarona. Calm Mind allows Clefable to set up alongside them, and bypass their potential defensive boosts for a 1/2HKO. Heal Bell prevents Clefable from taking any adverse status during its setup, while synergizing extremely well with Heatran and Doublade’s rest. Even if the opponent does not have any setup sweepers, Clefable is incredibly important for the longevity of the team. Unfortunately, Heal Bell forces Gliscor to take a turn to re-activate Toxic Orb, so it is important to gauge if Heal Bell is really necessary at times.

The Fairy typing allows Clefable to counter powerful dragon attack such as Outrage and Draco Meteor; a full health Clefable walls most Latios, though Psyshock can hurt. On the other hand, Moonblast can shut down most dragons in their tracks, as well as many fighting-types. A notable example is Hoopa-U; Clefable is essential for preventing a Choice Spec’ed Hyperspace Fury from demolishing the team, and a Moonblast is a 2HKO. Moonlight, on the other hand, provides reliable recovery for Clefable.

One thing to note is that Clefable can be PP stalled surprisingly easily. A good opponent will continuously Toxic Clefable while waiting for Heal Bell to run out, while a 3HKO’ing attacker will keep the pressure on until Moonlight is gone. Thus, it is important to gauge if the presence of Clefable is really necessary, or whether an alternative teammate could handle the enemy. Overall, Clefable is a hidden weightlifter on the team, providing longevity and insurance against setup sweepers.

Doublade (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rest

Doublade is a woefully underused pokemon. Steel-Ghost is an incredible typing, allowing it to wall many pokemon that regular Steel would not be able to, including secondary Fighting STABs. Despite being an NFE, Doublade has a very good defense stat. With conjunction with Eviolite, Doublade can reach a defense stat of over 500 ingame, with a sufficient HP stat along with it. Its attack is a fair 100 as well, and with an Adamant Nature, full investment and a Swords Dance, its combination of STABs will rip through any team.

Early to mid game, Doublade serves as a niche physical wall against key threats. Pokemon such as Mega Heracross, for example, pose a massive threat to the team. However, Doublade can wall all of its common Skill Link moves and take nearly no damage. Even Earthquake will not do enough, allowing Doublade to hit hard with Iron Head. Doublade’s massive defense allows it to wall and pressure just about any resisted physical attacker in the game, and even many neutral ones. Rest, combined with Clefable’s Heal Bell, gives it the longevity it needs in order to sustain its bulk throughout the game, and meet the late game sufficiently healthy.

Late game, however, once the enemies are weakened, Doublade turns into a true horror. Its typing and defense stat allows it to switch in on many opponents and set up several Swords Dances. Scizor and Mega Scizor, in particular, cannot touch Doublade. Even a +6 Bullet Punch, its strongest common move to hit it with (assuming no Pursuit) does only around 35%; while a Doublade with several boosts under its belt can destroy Scizor with Shadow Sneak.

Potential Threats and Problems

This team is unfortunately very weak to Toxic Spikes. Due to all pokemon being essential here, finding a slot for Defog / Rapid Spin has so far been a futile venture. Most often, I will abuse their setup to bring in Gliscor and set up a Substitute; due to most Toxic Spikes teams being stall in nature, Gliscor can usually take it down single-handedly (with a little help from Heatran against Skarmory).

On the other hand, Keldeo remains a threat one must play around; if slightly weakened, Secret Sword can 2HKO Suicune with Life Orb, while an HP Electric can prove very dangerous. Usually, I would use Clefable to force it out, while keeping Stealth Rocks up and finishing it off with a Doublade switchin on Secret Sword into a Shadow Sneak.

Importable
Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
Hardy Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Synthesis

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SDef / 52 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Rest
- Stealth Rock

Doublade (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rest

Outroduction

Thank you for reading this long RMT to the very end. I welcome all potential improvements to the team, but please do not bash it without any reason / without running it for a test drive. This team took a long while to create, so I hope you will appreciate that.

NOTE: I still have not refined the RMT; during a few days from now, I will correct any spelling and grammatical errors, while improving the explanations. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
This team is decent but loses to a few standard threats,I'll try my best to remedy that. For starters Keldeo looks irritating so I'd run Celebi>Virizion,it also has relaible recovery so doesn't get chipped quite as much, It also has Natural Cure so it can come in versus Rotom-W much more easily,Assault Vest Tangrowth is also a decent option to shore up the team versus Manaphy.

Next you have a weakness to Mega Charizard X,and Mega Charizard Y...an easy fix is using physically defensive Hippowdon over Gliscor and specially defensive Talonflame over Heatran. Which brings us to the next point...this seems to be a team with no obvious end game in sight,you neither have chip damage in the form of hazards to wear down opposing teams,and neither do you have hazard removal to stop your opponent from setting up hazards all over you.

Next is a rather unorthodox suggestion...run Calm Mind Slowbro with Slowbronite over Suicune ,and Defog Scizor with Scizorite over Doublade. Doublade is used to check Mega Medicham,Mega Heracross,and Mega Gardevoir...which are all handled adequately with the new members of the team. And the dual mega stones suggestion is to allow you to choose your mega depending on the opponents you have to face...like versus sand offense,or Keldeo/ZardX Slowbro is the obvious candidate for the Mega Evolution,while versus say teams spamming Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir you can Mega Evolve Scizor! I'll attach an importable with suggested new version of the team below~

Keep in mind that stall/semi-stall just about instaloses to Hoopa-U...not much it can do about that.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Recover

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 188 Def / 84 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Defog
- Superpower
- Roost

Thanks for the input. I did consider Celebi at first, but its weakness to U-Turn lost me a massive amount of momentum. I'll try out Tangrowth, and see how it plays in the team. Next, Hippowdon over Glister; the primary reason I like Gliscor is its regeneration and Toxic stall capabilities; and I think I'll keep it there for now. I might hit you up on your idea of Mega Scizor with Defog, since it removes many of the major counters to this team.

If I haven't been clear enough, I apologize; from the name of the team, this team was made to adapt to most situations and enemy compositions. At the moment, multiple win conditions exist. Once steel-types and faster, special attackers have been removed, Gliscor can stall out the enemy. Substitute+Giga Drain on Virizion can be very potent if opposing Grass resists are gone. Suicune can set up and sweep with Calm Mind, and Clefable can do so while preventing the enemy from setting up alongside it, thus meaning that if wallbreakers and hard hitters are gone Clefable can single-handedly win the game. Finally, Swords Dance Doublade can also sweep with a powerful Iron Head or Shadow Sneak if the opposing team is weakened. Thus, the exact point of this team is to not have any one end goal; rather, one can choose which pokemon to preserve depending on the opponent.

Thanks for the input. I did consider Celebi at first, but its weakness to U-Turn lost me a massive amount of momentum. I'll try out Tangrowth, and see how it plays in the team. Next, Hippowdon over Glister; the primary reason I like Gliscor is its regeneration and Toxic stall capabilities; and I think I'll keep it there for now. I might hit you up on your idea of Mega Scizor with Defog, since it removes many of the major counters to this team.

If I haven't been clear enough, I apologize; from the name of the team, this team was made to adapt to most situations and enemy compositions. At the moment, multiple win conditions exist. Once steel-types and faster, special attackers have been removed, Gliscor can stall out the enemy. Substitute+Giga Drain on Virizion can be very potent if opposing Grass resists are gone. Suicune can set up and sweep with Calm Mind, and Clefable can do so while preventing the enemy from setting up alongside it, thus meaning that if wallbreakers and hard hitters are gone Clefable can single-handedly win the game. Finally, Swords Dance Doublade can also sweep with a powerful Iron Head or Shadow Sneak if the opposing team is weakened. Thus, the exact point of this team is to not have any one end goal; rather, one can choose which pokemon to preserve depending on the opponent.
Forgive me if I sound a little dogmatic...but how is Substitute+Giga Drain Virizion a win condition? Does this team not straight up lose to most stall breakers? Some food for thought is the fact that Gliscor is very rarely seen on a dedicated semi-stall or stall,because it doesn't check either special attackers or physical attackers nearly well enough to warrant a role there. You not only lose to stuff like ZardY,KyuremB and stuff,but you also have a terrible match up versus opposing stall teams. You pretty much lose from turn 1 versus MEye stalls and that's not even the worst of your problems.

Hello Kosuke, I'm a common semi-stall player so there are things I like, and things I don't on this team

As said by Master Sunny-EX, Gliscor isn't really the best bulky ground type for this team. Personally, Heatran, Suicune, and Clefable are good, but some of their sets need optimized. Also, even with a cleric, rest is on too much.
Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Lava Plume / Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

With this change, Heatran will become a stall-breaker. This set is based for longevity, while also preventing set-up or hazards. 68 speed lets it creep some very common stall Pokemon, but more speed can be ran at the cost of Special Bulk.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind / Stone Edge / Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

This bulky ground type has the power to set sandstorm, which gives you a nice 5 turns of chip damage that doesn't really hurt your team too bad (you can always run Sand Force) and has reliable recovery. Whirlwind lets you phase opposing Set-up sweepers as Clefable cannot handle all of them, and Stone Edge Hits Gengar, Mega-Pinser, and other notable threats. Since I removed Stealth rock from Heatran, I placed them on Hippowdon **Hippowdon is a pure ground type only taking x2 damage from HP [Ice], allowing you to block Volt-Turn teams much easier.**

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave / Protect
- Moonlight / Wish

Since I removed Rest from Heatran, you might wan't to consider a Wishpasser, but Thunder Wave helps by crippling common switch-ins, and Stop Charizard-X, whose Flare Blitz is a 2HKO. Anyhow odd HP is better on the most part so you have more switch-ins to Stealth Rock.

Crocune is a nice thing to see in OU, Nice.

!!! Oh, do you want to replace Virizion / Hondedge with a Mega, or would your like to stay No Mega?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)