SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

How so? (Sorry for the possible stupid question.)
Not quit sure if I understood that, but the chance of getting a hexaflawless shiny legendary where sync pulls through, is according to my rough calculations smaller than 1/50 000 000.

Not quit sure if I understood that, but the chance of getting a hexaflawless shiny legendary where sync pulls through, is according to my rough calculations smaller than 1/50 000 000.
Alright thanks for the info. It's not impossible though. Just extremely unlikely.

Yeah, but you'd probably have to soft-reset 50 million times to get a legit one. Who would have the patience to do that?

Yeah, but you'd probably have to soft-reset 50 million times to get a legit one. Who would have the patience to do that?
That's true. But there are actually people who do that. I just wanted to know if it's a guaranteed hack or not. Turns out it it's not always a guaranteed hack, since it is possible.

That's true. But there are actually people who do that. I just wanted to know if it's a guaranteed hack or not. Turns out it it's not always a guaranteed hack, since it is possible.
Only in that the possibility is so low that it's almost certainly a hack. Not to mention IF someone were to be that incredibly lucky as to genuinely get a 6IV shiny Entei with the exact nature they desired on it... why would they Wonder Trade it? If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is.

Only in that the possibility is so low that it's almost certainly a hack. Not to mention IF someone were to be that incredibly lucky as to genuinely get a 6IV shiny Entei with the exact nature they desired on it... why would they Wonder Trade it? If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is.
Idk. There are people who clone and stuff. But I agree with you all, it's so unlikely that's it's probably a hack.

Well, what's that theorem? Arckam's Razor? The simplest explanation is the most likely? Then again, who cares? It's a shiny, it has the right nature, and 6IVs. There are people who'd love to have one of those.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I apologise for this (Fluke, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just to give some context):
Idk. There are people who clone and stuff. But I agree with you all, it's so unlikely that's it's probably a hack.
Probably unnecessary, but I have to chime in when I see huge numbers tossed around casually. Just to give some actual details here...
For shiny, 6IV with the desired nature, the odds are (assuming synchronizer + shiny charm):
1560 / 134,217,728,000;
or 1 in ~86,000,000.
I see people say "so it is possible" a lot when these numbers come up; but that's not really what those numbers are saying...

Let's say you have a list of every person in the UK's phone number [they each own exactly one phone, obviously], and you know only one person.
You have a better chance of successfully calling that person than getting that Entei.

I mean, only 10 million copies of the game have been sold (as of March)...
Even if every single person with a copy had obtained the shiny charm, and reset their Entei 8 times, you'd have a less than 50% chance of that Entei having been found.

So yes, while it is possible... It hasn't happened, and won't happen for a very, very long time.
A little bit more as these may not have been illuminating to the magnitude:
Assuming you can reset one every 30 seconds for a year (no stopping) that's just over 1,000,000. So about 86 years of resets (as a community) would be required to have a 50% chance of getting it.
Arckam's Razor?
"Occam" :).

Last edited:
Ok I know this hasn't been posted in forever, but hear me out. So I was trading Speed Boost carvanha spitbacks when I got a shiny Magikarp, OT Jack. I was over the moon! And then...
Nickname: TROLLED
Holding: Master Ball
Lv. 100
Adamant Nature
Ability: Rattled=could've been Moxie Gyarados
But what stood out to me was that this guy caught it in Ever Grande City at lv. 10 and trained it all the way up to a 100 so he could troll. That is dedication.

Ok I know this hasn't been posted in forever, but hear me out. So I was trading Speed Boost carvanha spitbacks when I got a shiny Magikarp, OT Jack. I was over the moon! And then...
Lv. 100
Adamant Nature
But what stood out to me was that this guy caught it in Ever Grande City at lv. 10 and trained it all the way up to a 100 so he could troll. That is dedication.
Or he could have simply hacked it in.

Reactions: JES

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Lv. 100
Adamant Nature
You didn't even get trolled, you got a Master Ball out of it. A lot better than another zubat at least.

But yeah, it's probably hacked. A shiny, Adamant, HA Magikarp is realllly unlikely to be used for that purpose. I'd suggest checking its IVs.

You didn't even get trolled, you got a Master Ball out of it. A lot better than another zubat at least.

But yeah, it's probably hacked. A shiny, Adamant, HA Magikarp is realllly unlikely to be used for that purpose. I'd suggest checking its IVs.
Is it possible to hack the blue pentagon Mark that declares the Pokemom native to the game?

Is it possible to hack the blue pentagon Mark that declares the Pokemom native to the game?
Yes. It's also possible to hack what the memory checker in Lilycove says, but would take more effort to make her read its memories as more than just nonsensical gibberish. It's possible to hack nearly anything and everything, it's just a matter of if the hacker wants to put in the effort to do it. (they usually don't)

KIMG0048.JPG

KIMG0047.JPG

All I was doing was breeding Mareep and sending them out, and then these two come through WT. The Magikarp is obviously hacked, not so sure about the Axew (didn't even know it could learn Razor Wind pfff). They'll be chucked into the Ditto blender anyway, so it's not much of a bother.

Nice to see some 5IV-6IV stuff coming through WT though, saves some time with breeding. xd

I got a 6IV Bunnelby off WonderTrade while trading off some 5IV HA Totodile from my Shiny Hunts. It was holding a Choice Scarf, but I was willing to accept that it wasn't hacked or anything. I myself had sent off hexaflawless Pokémon before, so this was somewhat acceptable to me, even if the Choice Scarf was a little iffy. Except that the next guy who I got on WT was the same person as last time. He sent me an exact copy of the Bunnelby I got before, Choice Scarf and all.

Let's just say that's I'm a bit more doubtful now.

And I also have another beauty.

A 6IV Shiny Timburr. BUT WAIT, the twist?

It was in a Level Ball.

I got a 6IV Bunnelby off WonderTrade while trading off some 5IV HA Totodile from my Shiny Hunts. It was holding a Choice Scarf, but I was willing to accept that it wasn't hacked or anything. I myself had sent off hexaflawless Pokémon before, so this was somewhat acceptable to me, even if the Choice Scarf was a little iffy. Except that the next guy who I got on WT was the same person as last time. He sent me an exact copy of the Bunnelby I got before, Choice Scarf and all.

Let's just say that's I'm a bit more doubtful now.

And I also have another beauty.

A 6IV Shiny Timburr. BUT WAIT, the twist?

It was in a Level Ball.
Well two free Choice Scarves are two free Choice Scarves, at least.

The Timburr is definitely legit. No question that you can catch a gen 5 Pokemon in a gen 4 exclusive ball... Nosiree... /sarcasm

got yesterday a bunch of shinies from wondertrade...one was a HA shiny Jolly Riolu with 6*31 ivs...it had green scarf or something

Conclusion: too many people have learnt how to hack this generation, and it's starting to affect Wonder Trade noticeably.

Still better than receiving lvl. 2 Caterpie, though.
But you see, the hacked pokemon will start to become more common than lvl. 2 Caterpie, at that point you WILL PRAY for lvl. 2 Caterpie.
Then, the generation will become only that of hacked pokemon, that Game Freak/ Nintendo will BAN wonder trade (or some sort of other thing.)

I don't really mind getting the hacked legendaries because they're effectively worthless for anything other than to look pretty. Sure you could take them to the Battle Spot unranked matches but that's just asking for trouble to start with.

Got a Hoopa and Shiny Zekrom, Dialga, Raichu, and Meowstic-M. And I suspect all are hacked except the Meowstic-M (which just makes me ponder why they would release that. Glad I gave them at least a thick-fat Tepig in return).

Another thing to watch out for I've noticed is pentagon-pokemon in Johto ball's (like I got a Gastly in a Moon Ball that said it was native and had a ton of egg moves. Haven't checked the IV's yet. It could be hatched from a HG/SS parent, but...)

A while ago I wanted to breed for a Rattata with a set of 4 egg moves. Went on Wonder Trade to throw away breeding rejects from an earlier BP, and BOOM! Received a Rattata with Last Resort, Counter, Flame Wheel and Me First. That was absolutely awesome.

I don't really mind getting the hacked legendaries because they're effectively worthless for anything other than to look pretty. Sure you could take them to the Battle Spot unranked matches but that's just asking for trouble to start with.

Got a Hoopa and Shiny Zekrom, Dialga, Raichu, and Meowstic-M. And I suspect all are hacked except the Meowstic-M (which just makes me ponder why they would release that. Glad I gave them at least a thick-fat Tepig in return).

Another thing to watch out for I've noticed is pentagon-pokemon in Johto ball's (like I got a Gastly in a Moon Ball that said it was native and had a ton of egg moves. Haven't checked the IV's yet. It could be hatched from a HG/SS parent, but...)
I wouldn't be too concerned about the Gastly. (unless its like 5-6 IV) It's ones like Shell Armor Torkoal in a Heavy Ball that you obviously need to be wary of. Pretty sure Hoopa shouldn't be able to go through WT if it's legit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)