VGC15 Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaRizzleMyShizzle

So this was actually a bit more challenging than I anticipated. One of the biggest threat to this core is Thundurus as its able to Thunder Wave Gengar and Liepard cant do a whole lot to it. One way to remedy this is to have a Thundurus that can outspeed other thundurus and taunt them before they can start their prankster cheese. The Thundurus is able to outspeed max speed modest Hydreigon, survive a modest flamethrower from Charizard-Y, and avoids a 2hko from adamant Landorus-T Rock Slide with Sitrus. The Cresselia is meant to be an answer to the Landorus-T, Heatran, Amoonguss cores that plague VGC right now. The EVs on Cresselia allow it to OHKO bulky Landorus-T and 2HKO Assault Vest varients, while outspeeding 4 speed Rotom forms. The team had a huge issue to Dark types especially Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Hydreigon so Conkeldurr was thrown on to be able to handle those. With its EVs it can OHKO Scarf Tyranitar with Mach Punch, survive a Double-Edge from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan and Overheat from Modest Charizard-Y only KOs 37.5% of the time. Lastly the Garchomp was added on to be as a secondary answer to Heatran and one of your best options against Charizard-Y.

I hope this team works out for you! If you have any issues or questions please feel free to hit me up :]

Liepard @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Fake Tears
- Foul Play

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 52 HP / 20 Def / 172 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Disable
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Level: 50
EVs: 236 HP / 48 Def / 116 SpD / 108 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt / Swagger

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP / 20 Def / 240 SpA / 8 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Moonlight

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 108 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 14 Spe
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect
Really like the team! :D

Reactions: Jio

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to work out my first legitimately competitive VGC team and I'm having some trouble fleshing it out. My biggest problem is that I'm notoriously against super over-used Pokemon like Salamence, Landorus and Kangaskhan, so I need to find other alternatives to fit into my team. I did some reading and searching around and I decided I want to base it on a Mega Venusaur, Arcanine and Milotic core, mostly defensive.

Arcanine is one of my favourite Pokemon out there definitely in my top 6 "dream team" Pokemon. Always liked the defensive bulk it sports and with a Life Orb it can hit pretty hard even as a defensive set with Flare Blitz. Mostly used for Will-o-wisp support, but can also pick off a weakened threat with Extreme Speed.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 148 Def / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Extreme Speed

252 SpA Mega Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arcanine: 126-148 (63.9 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 148 Def Arcanine: 87-103 (44.1 - 52.2%) -- 12.9% chance to 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 148 Def Arcanine: 100-121 (50.7 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 148 Def Arcanine: 138-164 (70 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Venusaur seemed like a pretty cool choice for a nice FWG core member to allow me to avoid Spores and to deal with fairy types. Sleep Powder is a nice bonus.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 104 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

(I haven't really done any calcs on Venusaur yet, I pulled this set right from a Smogon forum post on VGC cores.)

Milotic is great for the ability to OHKO Mega Salamence and Landorus-T and also has some great bulk to keep up the pressure. Scald for burning and for hitting Mega Charizard Y is nice too. Also it's my girlfriend's favourite Pokemon, so she'll be happy if I use it.

Milotic @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 228 HP / 132 Def / 132 SpA / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind
- Protect

132 SpA Milotic Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 172-204 (100.5 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
132 SpA Milotic Ice Beam vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 188-224 (110.5 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Aerilate Mega Salamence Hyper Voice vs. 228 HP / 12 SpD Milotic: 78-93 (39.1 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Return vs. 228 HP / 132+ Def Milotic: 117-138 (58.7 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So after I'd decided on those three, and worked out their moves/EVs, I did some hunting around for good support. I found that Tailwind support is very helpful for this core and I decided Whimsicott with its Prankster might be a good choice. I made something from scratch for that here:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Moonblast
- Protect

Not much to say about Whimsicott, Prankster support abound. 220 Speed EVs lets me outspeed opposing Thundurus Prankster.

So with all that in mind and the fact that I really refuse to use things like Landorus, Thundurus, Kangaskhan and Salamence... What sort of suggestions would you guys have either in editing my current team members or for adding new ones? I was thinking something like the Nationals Nidoqueen but that gives me a LOT of special attackers.

I also considered Mienshao for Fake-Out/HJK vs Khan
I'll be taking this if its not too late

I do wanna see based around Milotic + Amoonguss, Amoonguss can eat Electric types hits, and Milotic can beat Fire types, and Amoonguss can deal with Water types that Milotic cannot touch. I wouldn't mind Mawile or Mence to be the Mega Evolution, as they can Intimidate stuff to help patch up Milotic's poor defense. You may tweak the sets/spreads of them, I don't know too much about VGC and have only started out in the tier.

Sets:
Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 140 Def / 132 SpA
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Recover
- Protect
Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

I'm trying to start putting together my first competitive team for VGC, and there are a couple cores bouncing around in my head that I'd like to play around with. The first is more of a defensive core featuring Heatran and RestTalk Milotic - the second is a double-fairy offensive core starring Mega Gardevoir, Sylveon, and Terrakion.

I want to state that this is not intended to be an RMT - I simply have multiple ideas that I'd like to put to paper, so to speak.

Core 1

Heatran@Shuca Berry
Flash Fire
Modest nature
180 HP/252 Sp. Atk/76 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

A fairly standard set, pretty much taken straight off the page. I'd like to try and modify the EVs to be a little more specially defensive, but I'm not really sure how important that is.

Milotic@Leftovers
Marvel Scale
Calm nature
252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Icy Wind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I'm not sure how gimmicky this actually is, but the idea is that Milotic can take advantage of its relative physical bulk to more effectively counter the likes of Landorus-T and Mega Kangaskhan and deal chip damage with Scald and Ice Beam or Icy Wind. It might not have the offensive presence of a Competitive variant, but not giving one hot damn about status is always nice, especially with Sleep Talk meaning that the omnipresent Spore doesn't render her helpless. Plus, since most people should be expecting Competitive, they'll be hesitant to send in their Intimidator (not that Milotic cares about being Intimidated) and be more inclined to try and go for a status.

Core 2

Gardevoir@Gardevoirite
Trace/Pixelate
Modest nature
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Raw offensive power and a great STABs mean that Mega Gardevoir is a force to be reckoned with, and max speed and special attack means that something is more than likely going to die. The max speed EVs are to get the drop on things that think they'll be able to outspeed with the standard 20 speed spread. It does sacrifice a bit of defensive ability, but Mega Gardevoir is really meant to be more of a sweeper anyway.

Sylveon@Pixie Plate
Pixilate
Modest nature
156 HP / 188 Def / 164 SpA
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Functionally very similar to Gardevoir, Sylveon has the advantage of being at least a little bit more defensive. Shadow Ball over HP Ground because, frankly, I can't breed for Hidden Power, plus it allows Sylveon to better deal with Aegislash, which Mega Gardevoir struggles a little more with because of her Psychic typing.

Terrakion@Lum Berry
Justified
Jolly nature
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Sacred Sword
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

A slight variant on the normal set, Terrakion is the physical muscle to complement the special powerhouses that are Mega Gardevoir and Sylveon. It's Fighting type helps it deal with Steel types that plague the fairies - Sacred Sword seems like the better option in that case to negate the stat drops that come with Close Combat, as well as ignoring any defensive buffs that the opponent might get. I would go choiced, but Protect is kind of necessary to guard against incoming Earthquakes. An Earthquake of Terrakion's own, despite not being STAB, is another option to help deal with Heatran.
Well, I can build around both of these if I am allowed to swap to regular Competitive Milotic (because frankly I find RestTalk too gimmicky) and cut down from two Fairy-types to one in the second core (because you don't need two of them, they do nearly exactly the same, just with a few differences). Feliciano is it okay that I do these changes and then proceed to build around the cores? (I'll wait with building until I get a response)

I do wanna see based around Milotic + Amoonguss, Amoonguss can eat Electric types hits, and Milotic can beat Fire types, and Amoonguss can deal with Water types that Milotic cannot touch. I wouldn't mind Mawile or Mence to be the Mega Evolution, as they can Intimidate stuff to help patch up Milotic's poor defense. You may tweak the sets/spreads of them, I don't know too much about VGC and have only started out in the tier.

Sets:
Milotic @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Recover
- Protect
Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect
This core is wide open, so it's gonna be tough to actually build with it. Like, because Amoonguss is similar to Mega Venusaur, the same partners can be applied. I've built with Venusaur since the start of the season so i think i'm going to take this one as well.

Well, I can build around both of these if I am allowed to swap to regular Competitive Milotic (because frankly I find RestTalk too gimmicky) and cut down from two Fairy-types to one in the second core (because you don't need two of them, they do nearly exactly the same, just with a few differences). Feliciano is it okay that I do these changes and then proceed to build around the cores? (I'll wait with building until I get a response)
Ksh13 That's certainly fine. I've been doing a bit of experimenting with Competitive+RestTalk (since I realized that Rest allows her to not care about status anyway, so might as well go for the Sp.Atk boost), but if it's too gimmicky then by all means, go ahead. Would you mind trying out Mirror Coat over Protect though? Cutting down on the dual-Fairy core is fine too, & feel free to make any modifications to Terrakion you feel like you need to.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I would like to have a team based on the "legendary trio core" of raikou, entei and suicune. Obviously it would be more of a fun team than else, but I really like the idea as I personally find it interesting, so if the team could also pick up victories I would be very happy. Thank you very much.

DaRizzleMyShizzle

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Recover
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 36 SpA / 68 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Swagger
- Taunt

Well, the core was pretty complete, as Amoonguss exerts pressure on everything that deters Milotic, and this relationship also applies backwards. So i was thinking about a Mega Evolution that could force Intimidate users to play Milotic's game, so i went with Mix Mence. At first, i thought Kangaskhan, but to be honest, if you want to build with Kangaskhan you usually don't resource to threads like this, am i right?
The EV spread was a personal detail i made: It originally had enough attack to OHKO 108/124 Standard TR Mega Gardevoir, but i noticed the EV spread missed the OHKO on Venusaur, so i went with more attack to get the OHKO on Cybertron's Venusaur.

I noticed that Gardevoir, with a bit of support, was a threat to the team, and Aegislash could potentially be another threat for the team, so i went with Heatran. I also wanted to use it as Landorus-T bait, so Milotic had a lot of fun with it. LO Heatran is really powerful, and gets the jump on anything that is set to creep it with Timid max Speed, potentially winning the Heatran mirror (unless Shuca Berry tran).

I wanted a check for Kangaskhan and also something to deal with Zard Y. At the start, i thought Landorus-T to hinder opposing Landorus-T, but then i thought that would make the team really weak against Milotic mirrors. I added Terrakion because it was left alone during the season, and it acts as another Intimidate bait, which Milotic loves. As the 3rd slot, i went Stone Edge to bypass pesky Wide Guard users and have a 80% guaranteed way to OHKO Zard Y.

I was thinking about how weak the team was to bulky waters, specially Rain ones (looking at you, Ludicolo). I went Thundurus to provide a TR check, a definitive and solid speed control option, and an answer for rain. It also baits Lando... eh, let's try to avoid this topic again. Swagger is a choice that i made for a last resource scenario, and because the team already got quite a way to deal with Ice weak mons. I also considered a strategy that one of my friends love, which is selfswag. That boosts Terrakion's power and let it have a better standing against everything in the metagame.

Hope you like the team! I'm not an official builder by any means, so this might be pretty flawed. Playing with it was a pretty fun experience, so i hope you like it!

Hi guys, I would like to have a team based on the "legendary trio core" of raikou, entei and suicune. Obviously it would be more of a fun team than else, but I really like the idea as I personally find it interesting, so if the team could also pick up victories I would be very happy. Thank you very much.
I'll take this one.

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Kiesman

(
)

So I'll just explain the weirder sets here. The Aegislash is a more offensive variant to give your team more offensive pressure and stops you from getting rolled over by Mega Gardevoir. It has enough speed to outspeed most other variants of Aegislash and other base 60s (such as Jellicent and Sylveon) and outspeeds max speed base 110s under Tailwind. Expert Belt HP ice on Zapdos enables it to KO even the most bulky version of Landorus-T and 2HKO's most Assault Vest variants. It's also faster than max speed Smeargle. The Conkeldurr avoids the 2HKO from Modest Heatran's Heat Wave and can outspeed max speed adamant Kangaskhan under Tailwind. It was given a Safety Goggles to help against Kangaskhan/Heatran + Amoonguss as the team has a bit of a hard matchup vs that. If you don't care about your matchup vs those pokemon and what to just guarantee Tailwind, then Mienshao can be used.

Arcanine @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 20 Def / 4 SpA / 180 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Snarl
- Protect

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 104 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 12 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP / 108 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Conkeldurr @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 68 HP / 228 Atk / 4 Def / 124 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Detect

Mienshao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Feint

Last edited:
QazmaRay

Garchomp (M) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 20 HP / 208 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Protect

Gardevoir @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 44 SpA / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Encore
- Moonblast / Psychic
- Protect

Gyarados (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 4 Def / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Fang

Volcarona @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 100 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

HOLY. JESUS. CHRIST. This team was harder to make than a really well cooked dessert... but tbh, it took a while, and this was the best result i could pull off.

Well, you already know the G Core (all the 3 members start with G, lmao), but i gave it a more bulky twist. Gardevoir is supposed to support Garchomp, and that is pretty hard to pull out. I thought about Scarf Gardevoir, but regular Gardevoir isn't really good anymore, with any set. Well, this Gardevoir can burn stuff with Will-O-Wisp, and Encore is the tricky move: I want people to believe this is a Mega Gardevoir so they Protect with Amoonguss while the next turn you Encore them... pretty nasty, am i right? Well, the EV spread was as big of a headache as this team: It takes Adamant Mawile's Iron Head, so you're pretty much living a lot of physical attacks, including Double-Edge from Jolly Mega Salamence (all variants). I went Moonblast so Gardevoir could fare better against Dragon-types that give Garchomp trouble, but i'm regretting that since the Amoonguss matchup is really bad. Might wanna change it to Psychic. To be honest, Cresselia would have made my job a lot easier.

Ok, Gyarados has also a pretty interesting set. I went with Thunder Wave due to how slow the team was, and i went with Dragon Dance with only one real reason to use it: Landorus-T. Like, the team lacked a lot of Ice coverage, and i knew Ice Fang wouldn't do too much damage to Landorus-T without a bit of setup, so this is where it ended. The EV spread isn't that complicated either: It can naturally take 2 Rock Slides from Terrakion at -1, so Landorus-T isn't really gonna appreciate this. In the special side, it takes Specs Hydreigon's Draco Meteor, and it outspeeds Rapha's Togekiss.

From here, everything got a bit too standard, because this team was a real mess. Serapis naturally told me that the team needed a Tailwind / Icy Wind user, and because both my Water AND Flying slot are taken by Gyarados, there was little i could do. All i was able to do is add Volcarona, which Kangaskhan fears to target. Volcarona's EV spread allows it to take a Jolly Kangaskhan's Double-Edge (not really that relevant anymore, although it can come in clutch against people that still use it. It's a faster version of Return in Adamant Kangaskhan anyways).

Aegislash is my try to give the team some defensive stability. It's the only thing in the team that can actually pull its weight alone.

Breloom completes the FGW core, and also allows me to partner Gardevoir rather easily. I originally went Scarf Breloom, but tbh, i didn't really like it. It also checks Kangaskhan, which is an asset.

Well, to be honest, this team was pretty hard to build, specially because of using the triple G core which isn't as good as it was in 2014. I could have built something better based on Mega Garchomp, and even then, that team would have been pretty ehh. Well, i hope you enjoy it! Besides all the trouble building around this gave, this is a pretty fun team to use, specially with Gardevoir.

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor

Entei @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Sacred Fire
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon

Milotic @ Maranga Berry
EVs: 196 HP / 204 Def / 84 SpA / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Protect
- Recover

So first off we have mega salamence.He is the fast hard hitter of the team.You basically know what it does.I stole this spread from aaron zhengs Nats team and i am not ashamed of it.Moves are pretty self explanatory.Now we have entei.I really wish you could find this guy a Spread,Hard Hitting attacker.Sacred fire for STAB sub because i feel like it and SE for Thundy.Then we have Aegis.LO aegis gives me quick knock outs and i invested 36 into defenses just to possibly live a hit.Speed is for Uninvested Aegis and Sylveon.Marangotic.Pretty Simple MS i havent done any calcs but it is pretty Defensive.Ice Beam to get Quick Knockouts onto the Genie.
Also if you could give them NickNames it would be great.Thanks to whoever builds this team.

Feliciano

Milotic @ Assault Vest
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat
- Icy Wind

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 36 SpA / 68 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Starting off with Milotic and Heatran, the obvious thing to do was to complete the FWG core, which I did with Amoonguss. I originally had on offensive M-Venusaur there, but that also made me understand how garbage it is if you don't build like a ninja around it. Next I just went with a basic addition of Thundurus, Landorus-T, and Kangaskhan. I don't really feel like adding a big explanation here, since these Pokemon are very consistent and good in VGC on any team. This team is very basic, there isn't really too much to say about it, outside of the Milotic set. It is AV with Mirror Coat, which is quite interesting to play with. I don't know how much I like it, since you can't know if the special attackers will go for Milotic since they have two possible Pokemon to target. As I said this team is quite basic goodstuffs, and should definetely be playable. Sorry for getting this out so late (and getting the second team even later, I have yet to start on it), but having 1-2 tests every week at school for a period of around four weeks i quite demanding (and this is just in the middle of the semester), so I don't have that much time to build.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor

Entei @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Sacred Fire
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon

Milotic @ Maranga Berry
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Protect
- Recover

So first off we have mega salamence.He is the fast hard hitter of the team.You basically know what it does.I stole this spread from aaron zhengs Nats team and i am not ashamed of it.Moves are pretty self explanatory.Now we have entei.I really wish you could find this guy a Spread,Hard Hitting attacker.Sacred fire for STAB sub because i feel like it and SE for Thundy.Then we have Aegis.LO aegis gives me quick knock outs and i invested 36 into defenses just to possibly live a hit.Speed is for Uninvested Aegis and Sylveon.Marangotic.Pretty Simple MS i havent done any calcs but it is pretty Defensive.Ice Beam to get Quick Knockouts onto the Genie.
Also if you could give them NickNames it would be great.Thanks to whoever builds this team.
I'll take this one.

Feliciano

Milotic @ Assault Vest
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat
- Icy Wind

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 36 SpA / 68 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Starting off with Milotic and Heatran, the obvious thing to do was to complete the FWG core, which I did with Amoonguss. I originally had on offensive M-Venusaur there, but that also made me understand how garbage it is if you don't build like a ninja around it. Next I just went with a basic addition of Thundurus, Landorus-T, and Kangaskhan. I don't really feel like adding a big explanation here, since these Pokemon are very consistent and good in VGC on any team. This team is very basic, there isn't really too much to say about it, outside of the Milotic set. It is AV with Mirror Coat, which is quite interesting to play with. I don't know how much I like it, since you can't know if the special attackers will go for Milotic since they have two possible Pokemon to target. As I said this team is quite basic goodstuffs, and should definetely be playable. Sorry for getting this out so late (and getting the second team even later, I have yet to start on it), but having 1-2 tests every week at school for a period of around four weeks i quite demanding (and this is just in the middle of the semester), so I don't have that much time to build.
Don't worry about it, I'm just pleased you accepted it :) I don't mind the team being basic (though getting HP Ice on Thundurus might be tricky if I want these on my physical game - as I mentioned with the second core, I'm awful at getting certain hidden powers, and I don't have a way to SAV any of my pokes) - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I do have a couple questions though - very basic stuff. 1) Is the AV on Milotic just for things like Thundurus and Rotom-W, to ensure that Milotic lives a Thunderbolt and is able to Mirror Coat it back? 2) Why Jolly on Mega Kangaskhan over Adamant? 3) What does Amoongus do that Mega Venusaur can't, besides Rage Powder?

Don't worry about it, I'm just pleased you accepted it :) I don't mind the team being basic (though getting HP Ice on Thundurus might be tricky if I want these on my physical game - as I mentioned with the second core, I'm awful at getting certain hidden powers, and I don't have a way to SAV any of my pokes) - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I do have a couple questions though - very basic stuff. 1) Is the AV on Milotic just for things like Thundurus and Rotom-W, to ensure that Milotic lives a Thunderbolt and is able to Mirror Coat it back? 2) Why Jolly on Mega Kangaskhan over Adamant? 3) What does Amoongus do that Mega Venusaur can't, besides Rage Powder?
1) AV is the standard item for Milotics that opt for Mirror Coat over Protect, since it yes allows Milotic to live practically any special hit.
2) Because I like Jolly. If you want to go Adamant you can do that, but I just prefer Jolly.
3) Amoonguss has Rage Powder as you said, as well as Spore, but most importantly doesn't take up the mega slot. In this format I really fell like your mega should be a powerful attacker, and I had Venusaur there first, but if it is in the team do deal tons of damage you won't get a lot of success with Venusaur.

Yugi

Sorry for the late reply, but in-real life stuff is more important than Pokemon:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor

Entei @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 132 Atk / 4 Def / 92 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Sacred Fire
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Flash Cannon

Milotic @ Maranga Berry
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Protect
- Recover

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Protect

Well, the 4 ones that you gave asked me to put Amoonguss. Like, literally. Amoonguss is just a really good mon man.

Well, analysis wise, Amoonguss helps out with the Trick Room matchup, provides redirection which is always cool, and improves the shaky rain matchup the team had at the moment.

Terrakion was added because to its ability to check Fire-types, which due to the addition of Amoonguss, were an issue, and providing one solid Thundurus-I check.

Well, the EV spread of Aegislash was a bit random, so i changed it to one with more speed. There's literally no point on throwing bulk EVs just for the sake of putting them, so this little speed investment might be appreciated. It hits 90 Speed, i'm not sure why is that relevant but it will outspeed any Aegislash variant that's running less than that.

Entei's EV spread is amazing. This one outspeeds the Smeargle tier, while in the defensive it takes Landorus-T's Earthquake from full health, while also taking Specs Draco Meteor from Modest Hydreigon 100% of the time. The rest is just thrown in Attack. Hope you like this team!

Well, the EV spread of Aegislash was a bit random, so i changed it to one with more speed. There's literally no point on throwing bulk EVs just for the sake of putting them, so this little speed investment might be appreciated. It hits 90 Speed, i'm not sure why is that relevant but it will outspeed any Aegislash variant that's running less than that.
It outruns 252+ Thundurus-I / Tornadus-I with Tailwind, along with the broad max Speed 110 mark.

thanks steven and no problem its fine cuz we all know that irl is more important than VGC or anything else :D

I would like a team round these 2 pokemon.

Ok so why gothorita over gothitelle.The ability to run eviolite and be bulkier than gothitelle without spending much EVs is pretty great i will say that.What i like about this is that gothorita is so weak to KO that my mawile will get a safe switchins almost any time.

Gothorita @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 116 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Pulse
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Tickle

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

I really like this core but i didnt have a chance to build around because i do not know.This doesnt have to be Hard TR you can double-mega and anything else basically but i dont want for this to be put to the side.I want it to be the main mode and then another thing else.If it is Hard TR its ok if it isnt its ok too.Thanks to Whoever Builds this.

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Just wondering what does that Mawile's evs do. Steven Stone suggested me one with max HP 204 Atk, 52 SpD to survive Heatran Heat Wave.

Hi everyone! My core idea is about whimsicott/mega gengar/terrakion. My main idea is to get this "gimmicky" core to the next level by supporting it well.The only things that I would like to have in this core is beat up on whimsicott. The other things are up to the builder. Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)