Project OU Theorymon

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Of course, if it's running Iron Tail, it either lacks Roost or a STAB move, meaning that some other counter will open up or Char X gets worn down. But it would still be valid as a lure, if Regi became popular and was a problem to the team.
I just wanted to point out that iron tail is a better lure since it gets the OHKO on regi

+ Ground:
Decent change, a ground type with sap sipper is neato. Honestly a defensive core of this and Gastrodon is already pretty decent and this might make it even better. It's passivity is alleviated ever so slightly with stab eq coming off of any sap sipper boosts.
+ Sand Stream + Fairy:
I get the idea of being a true counter to charizard (-eq) but just adding Fairy to this thing pisses me off to a degree like it kinda ruins the concept of the regi line if it becomes fairy out of nowhere. Also 0 fairy STAB. I'm unsure of how I like this trend of creating theorymon to counter the meta moreso than improve the mons with thematic and sensible additions.
+ Regenerator + Dark:
I like it, makes perfect sense in a lot of ways. Definitely would get use and would be a more fun mon all around. Will probably get the vote.

+ Guts:
It's fine, it's definitely powerful. It just has pretty much all the same problems it would have before minus being burned.

Overall this slate is interesting having a bunch of slow mons and giving them cool things but I feel there needs to be some sort of discussion on the nominations having thematic and sensible boundaries before we see stuff like Flash Fire Forretress or something like that because I think Regirock and even Miltank's changes are pushing it to an extent.

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm unsure of how I like this trend of creating theorymon to counter the meta moreso than improve the mons with thematic and sensible additions.

Overall this slate is interesting having a bunch of slow mons and giving them cool things but I feel there needs to be some sort of discussion on the nominations having thematic and sensible boundaries before we see stuff like Flash Fire Forretress or something like that because I think Regirock and even Miltank's changes are pushing it to an extent.
The thing is, the aim of the project is to give these mons viability in OU, which given the saturatedness of the tier, implies giving them a niche, which normally implies making it check/counter something or other in the meta, or being able to break through something or other in the meta.

We don't just add theorymon willy-nilly, and during the discussion process we explain what the aim of each one is. This is why you see less defensive submissions, as most people like to make something more destructive, rather than find a new way to counter a major threat in the meta.

A lot of the suggestions will receive a "What does it do?" question before being accepted, and aren't generally accepted if there isn't a suitable answer.

I can accept that Regi was pretty sketchy on the flavor side, but Fairy = mythical = legendary maybe, (seriously grasping at straws here), and this was outweighed by what it could do - Counter both zards (well, standard sets at least) without being a Mega. This was the concept behind it, and its SO hard to do without buffing something extreme like Sand Stream Diancie (which would buff the mega as well).

In this case, without the Fairy typing, it would be 2HKO'd by X's Outrage or Y's Focus Blast.

Saying that, we do also have common sense, and Flash Fire Forretress (or Levitate Jolteon) or something that goes that way to being non-sensical is gonna get rejected. Flavor is something that is desired, but is not essential as long as its not too ridiculous.

The slates will sometimes have some sketchy flavor, but they should always give something new or interesting to OU.

Last edited:
Well hello everyone, its time for the magical period of our slate where hunt the other contestants down to let one remain! Wait, its voting, not hunting? Eh.

Voting Time!

Will it be this magical little fella?
Miltank
+ Ground Typing?

Will if be this slime tastic body?
as Dark Poison Type + Regenerator

Oh but what of this forgotten rock man?
as Rock/Fairy Type + Sandstream

Oh but could it be the Knight with a plan?
+ Guts

Who shall come out on top? What, how can you help you ask? Here's how!
You must vote for something on this slate and then if ya wish something on the honrable mentions list, dont like this:

You must first bold your vote like so:

Escavalier + Guts

Then you may vote for an honorable selection from this list:

Here are the list of honorable mentions you can vote for!

- Infernape + Prankster
- Tornadus + Competitive
- Noivern + Nasty Plot
- Umbreon + Unaware
- Typhlosion + Drought
- Spiritomb + Dark Aura
- Glalie + Dragon Dance
- Mega Tyranitar + Sand Force
- Umbreon + Magic Bounce
- Mega Garchomp + Weak Armor
- Jolteon + Spikes
- Mega Camerupt + Desolate Land
- Thick Fat Gogoat
- Electric / Dark Thundurus-T
- Coballion + Magnet Pull

Have fun and good luck to the submissions!

Then vote for them like this: Honorable Mention: Unaware Umbreon.

This was an example, not my real vote. Ight everybody, its time to vote and good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vxy
Hmm, who did i want to vote for?

Regenerative and Blackish Bile Man, the Improbable! Muk as a Poison/Dark Type + Regenerator)

Honorable Mention: GoGo gadget fat thicking goat! (Gogoat with thick Fat)

Btw, mental error on my part. remembered to take of banette, but forgot to add Cobalion so adding him to honorable mentions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)