NOC Neighborhood NOC Mafia / mafia win congrats eo lightwolf and rssp1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lynch Steamroll
I need that 100 million dollars

In other news obviously do not mass claim roles, even if all would claim vanilla town, because then it's pointless.

As for neighbourhoods, I'd prefer we actually use them as intended which is the ability to spread info between a few people behind everyone's back, if everyone were claim their neighbourhood it'd be kinda ruining the whole concept of the game if you ask me, so how about we play it for a while at least.

I do however like the idea of each neighbourhood deciding a representative amongst themselves who claims to be from their neihbourhood and speaks for them infront of the village. Though I see no reason do this just yet when no one really has any actual lynch worthy opinion then.

In other news obviously do not mass claim roles, even if all would claim vanilla town, because then it's pointless.
If you put it that way, consider my VT claim to be a probable fakeclaim. Then, it would not be benefitial to both the town and the mafia. Once you put it that way, I can be said as claiming for fun. Consider that a shitpost.

As for neighbourhoods, I'd prefer we actually use them as intended which is the ability to spread info between a few people behind everyone's back, if everyone were claim their neighbourhood it'd be kinda ruining the whole concept of the game if you ask me, so how about we play it for a while at least.
Please remember that our neighbors aren't exactly trustworthy, so it would be better to share our information with everyone, since that might neutralize the mafia neighbor's advantage. I believe that neighborhoods should be only used for talking behind another player's back. With that said, I'm rather inclined to trust my neighbors at the moment.

no, it wouldn't.

Eventually, there will come a time when we should publicize neighborhood members, but this isn't it.

I declare myself public representative of the Nerds Neighborhood, on the grounds that I already claimed.

Yes, this post is a giant screw you to user(s) [redacted.]

Also I am RVSing! I voted UTO! Although his post doesn't help matters for him. At all.

votecount 1.1
Eo Ut Mortus
The Idiotic One
U-Turn Out
More Cowbell
Celever - Cancerous, acidphoenix
Gale Wing Srock
acidphoenix
MeowMix
rssp1
LightWolf - MoreCowbell
Steamroll - LightWolf
Cancerous

deadline coming up friends lets get going

LightWolf

lightwoof
I have nothing better to do currently so I will pressure The Idiotic one there.

How are you both disagreeing with me and agreeing with me at the same time exactly? Yes point is every Vanilla claim would be considered potential fakes, point is that's just like not claiming at all ergo a time waste.

As for the neighbourhood, how do you agree with the fact it should be used to talk behind the thread's back, while saying it's good to out who is member of which one, which kinda negates the mystery of who could be talking to whom. It stops clever backseat gaming trickery which out of principle I'd love to see at least tried. Also think all an open list of members would lead to mafia just taking potshots, and stop use of the neighbourhood communication routes which just leads to an easier time for mafia to not screw up.

Unvote
Vote The Idiotic One

Please explain what benefits you see to revealed neighbour lists that hurts the mafia.

First of all, I apologize for posting this late. I did not have access to my computer when I first read this.

I have nothing better to do currently so I will pressure The Idiotic one there.
It appears you're pretty smart, for that is better than doing nothing. I will assert that I'm part of the town, though.

How are you both disagreeing with me and agreeing with me at the same time exactly? Yes point is every Vanilla claim would be considered potential fakes, point is that's just like not claiming at all ergo a time waste.
What I did can be indeed thought of as a waste of time. Consider that what a bored player will do. I apologize if I caused you some confusion there.

As for the neighbourhood, how do you agree with the fact it should be used to talk behind the thread's back, while saying it's good to out who is member of which one, which kinda negates the mystery of who could be talking to whom. It stops clever backseat gaming trickery which out of principle I'd love to see at least tried. Also think all an open list of members would lead to mafia just taking potshots, and stop use of the neighbourhood communication routes which just leads to an easier time for mafia to not screw up.

Unvote
Vote The Idiotic One

Please explain what benefits you see to revealed neighbour lists that hurts the mafia.
Currently, the mafia has an advantage over the town, for I believe the mafia is spread over different neighborhoods, and they can effectively utilize whatever information is spread in the neighborhoods. I believe that we are currently at a disadvantage as we have no access to this information while the mafia probably do. Therefore, if we claimed who our neighbors are, the mafia would lose this advantage.

You have delivered your points much more clearly compared to what I have done. Firstly, I would complement you for your amazing skills at doing so. You have earned my respect for that. Anyway, should anyone here be confused at whatever I said, please asked away. Dear members of the town, I apologize for being an inconvenience.

The mafia IS spread across different neighborhoods, BUT a) there is likely at least one neighborhood that is all town, with a setup that is most likely 3v9 and neighborhoods of ~3 why should be clear, and this neighborhood's usefulness will be totally removed if the mafia is aware of it, and b) if everyone is aware of all the neighbors, members of the neighborhoods will treat the neighborhood QTs as if they were just another way to post in this thread, thus deleting our ability to use them for scumtells, and c) if we find likely scum, we can force them to leave neighborhoods or be lynched, and thus make as many neighborhoods entirely town as possible.

and c) if we find likely scum, we can force them to leave neighborhoods or be lynched, and thus make as many neighborhoods entirely town as possible.
Wait, what? I may have read the rules wrong, but I don't think there's such a thing as leaving your neighbourhood. Also, if we find likely scum, why don't we just lynch that person instead of attempting to banish them from their neighbourhood or something?

Not much to go by so far, but out of what's being posted so far, acidphoenix' post stands out as odd to me.

Unvote
Lynch acidphoenix

LightWolf

lightwoof
I will refrain from jumping on the phoenix bandwagon just yet, and please people do so too, we don't want to end the day yet.

That being said The Idiotic One, I just not seeing what the mafia currently has over us in knowing who is in what neighbourhood and who within them is mafia. No more different from us not knowing who the mafia on the playerlist are. And how ever could mafia use who is part of which neighbourhood. Other than specifically eliminating members of one, which is frankly pointless, as that'd just out them, also doesn't really accomplish anything?

no, it wasn't an admission of scum.

I was saying that I thought you could leave neighborhoods because I read my role PM at 1 AM or so and haven't looked at it again since, except to get to the Neighborhood QT.

I will refrain from jumping on the phoenix bandwagon just yet, and please people do so too, we don't want to end the day yet.

That being said The Idiotic One, I just not seeing what the mafia currently has over us in knowing who is in what neighbourhood and who within them is mafia. No more different from us not knowing who the mafia on the playerlist are. And how ever could mafia use who is part of which neighbourhood. Other than specifically eliminating members of one, which is frankly pointless, as that'd just out them, also doesn't really accomplish anything?
Alright, if none of you have realized what I was trying to do, I have indeed been trying to remove whatever usefulness is in the neighborhoods. The backseat trickery you mentioned earlier is something the mafia could utilize to direct the lynches at townies. I'll be rather honest here. While the game might be "fun" when each of us has some different piece of information, the mafia ultimately has the most of it. I would rather remove this advantage to ensure that the town has a bigger chance of winning.

jalmont just told everyone that you can leave neighborhoods, so yeah...acid trying to backtrack is odd though

anyways i'm more suspicious of celever right now.
I didn't imply anything, I was just interested in his response. If he panicked he was probably mafia, because while early mass claiming is bad for the town it's really bad for the mafia too.
last game you said that mafia gale is calmer and that town gale usually overreacts. isn't this the exact opposite of what you're trying to accomplish? and how is mass claiming bad for mafia? they're wasting time. plus you bandwagoned on the first opportunity, there's no point doing he already has three votes.

Lynch Celever

I have no idea how to read TIO

Allright people time to kick off discussion and earn us some sweet juicy extension.

I have been trying to utilizing neighborhood to scumhunt, and apparently it has bear something that remotely look like a fruit.

We're going to explore this in the form of third person narrative.

Day 1: Player Cancerous, while pondering the meaning of life and the universe, suddenly received a private message from Jalmont. It appears that Cancerous has enrolled a game of noc mafia with various other players whose skills are inferior. The message explained in the details the assigned role of Cancerous and his alignment.
At the end of the message, it is stated quite clearly the win condition in which Cancerous need to complete. He wins if all threat are eliminated.

It is then that Cancerous realized that his win condition does not reveal the faction's name of his enemies. He then assumed that his enemies will also not know the name of his faction, because Jalmont is not known for not being lazy nor not c/p WCs with slight edit. Inspired by the act of blatant exploitation from a certain user which is not in this game, Cancerous seek out to vanquish his foes.

So sought did Cancerous. He went to his ghetto, which has 3 people inside. A perfect testing ground for his folly.

"Hey guys, what's the faction's names are?" - asked Cancerous.
"I'm not sure if we're supposed to disclose that, since the mafia might use that information." - said neighbor #1.

Cancerous glared at neighbor #1, the classyic mafia might use that excuse, famously employed by mafias all across the globe. Decided that it was worthy of chase, Cancerous pressed his advance: "It's all right, there's only 3 of us here."

"Tell me your faction's name so I know you're not scums" - he continued with unrelenting confidence, hoping to panic his potential prey that his faction's name was something unpredictable and hard to guess.

"While that might confirm one of us, another one of us might be part of the mafia. Once the faction names get spread around, none of the people from the other neighborhoods can be confirmed, harming the town badly. I suggest we claim faction names later in the game. Also, should you be really desperate for us to claim faction names, why don't you claim first, Cancerous?" - Neighbor #1 raised frown.

Ah yes, why don't you claim first, another classic tactic to fish for information. How low can you get, neighbor #1? - Cancerous thought to himself. But unfortunately for neighbor #1, Cancerous did not falter.

He said: "After night 1, a villager will die, and their role PM will be publicized. Then the faction's name will be revealed to mafia regardless".
"Claim your faction to me before the day end or I will mark you as scum" - He demanded yet again

"WHAT THE FUCK IS A FACTION NAME?" - a shout echoed the ghetto, scaring all the drug dealers away. Neighbor #2 was in a state of utterly confusion.

Cancerous studied the shout carefully, feigning ignorance is yet another popular trick that scums and lowlifes often resort to.

But before he can react, neighbor #1 interrupted: " Your logic is sound, your face is handsome and your biceps are big, you are truly a magnificent person, I claim to be a part of the Village."

Cancerous was pleased, the name was correct. Suddenly neighbor #1 looked a lot cleaner. He nodded in approval but then realized the implication that come with this claim.

It was you, neighbor #2, trying to act like a fool, eh? We'll see how much of a fool you'll be when I LYNCH YOUR GODDAMN FACE.

And so Cancerous wasted no time getting to this thread to retell his epic tale.

Should Cancerous reveal the name of neighbor #2? Will he finally find the answer to his mad quest of justice? You decide.

Is it really a good idea to make neighbourhoods public? Since we're with 12 players, I'm guessing there are 3 mafia players, and 2 or 3 neighbourhoods. Chances are very high that at least one of the mafia is part of a neighbourhood, but once the mafia starts dying (which hopefully is today) and the neighbourhoods start recruiting villagers, neighbourhoods will be safer chats where villagers can discuss without mafia interference. On short term there may be little advantage to the neighbourhoods, but I think that in the long run they can be advantageous to the village as a whole. I don't think we're making by progress by publicizing all neighbourhoods anyways.

Unvote
acidphoenix still stands out as a little odd to me, but I don't want any chance of the day ending prematurely.

Vote Eo Et Mortus
Not much more than a pressure vote, but we haven't heard from Eo so far.

Chances are very high that at least one of the mafia is part of a neighbourhood, but once the mafia starts dying (which hopefully is today) and the neighbourhoods start recruiting villagers, neighbourhoods will be safer chats where villagers can discuss without mafia interference.
I'm pretty sure that neighborhoods cannot recruit players, and existing people in neighborhoods can choose to leave them. We're only allowed to leave, not recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)