ORAS OU Double Bunny hyper offense

Hey! So here's a hyper offense team I put together that I've been using for awhile. It struggles against well-played balance and well played hyper offense. How can I improve it? ^^

Here's the team:

Dank memes (Diggersby) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flail
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

I can hear the collective WTF's. FLAIL. That's right, flail. Why you may ask? Well, it's simple really. A well played volt switcher (ie; Raikou, Rotom Wash) etc really hurt my team if I mess up predictions considering Celebi really doesn't want to take any form of HP-ice. So my answer was flail. At 1% hp it becomes a 200BP stab move that does some pretty impressive things. To prove my point:

Rotom wash:

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Flail (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 289-342 (95.3 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Flail (200 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 289-342 (95.3 - 112.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Raikou:

252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Flail (200 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raikou: 535-631 (166.6 - 196.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Manetric:

-1 252+ Atk Huge Power Diggersby Flail (200 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Manectric: 339-399 (120.2 - 141.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So it does it's job pretty well. Ignoring the obvious: BUT WHAT IF ROCKS OR [INSERT HAZARD] BREAKS SASH? Well, that is unfortunately a very big problem for this team. Preferably because this is hyper offense they would not have had the time to set up hazards of any sort. If they have, the only way this team can get rid of it is through starmie unfortunately. If anyone has anyway to help me fix this reliably, I'm all ears.

Anyhow, provided for some reason they switch to their counter for your bunny. That's your chance to set up a lovely swords dance. You lack a reliable normal stab, so you're stuck with EQ. And yes, this is gimmick - but it's been working for me. And it's always fun to win with bad moves. :D I can see Exadrill working better in this slot tho.

Anyhow, time for mon #2:

Playbunny (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber/Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch

The late game sweep. Or just residual fake out damage. PuP is to take out low HP mons you outspeed. Return/HJK hit very hard after +1 boost. It's walled by defensive Lando - but Starmie Ko's with Ice beam. Not much to say here tbh, we all know what Lopunny does. ^^

Now mon #3:

Rapid spin KO (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Dedicated spinner and non-scarf lando check. Recover lets it stick around for longer and be a more reliable spinner. Might switch to a bulkier set, but it takes the hits it needs to well enough.

Mon #4!

Oreos (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Rock setter and brave bird/fake out eater. Swords dance to set up on passive leads like Ferro, etc. Generally hits stuff hard and bulky enough to almost take any non ice/fairy/dragon hit.

Mon #5!
**TRIGGER WARNING***

AMERIKA (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn

That's right ladies and gents. Choice band talon flame. I see you swooning over there - it's hard not to with this majestic beast staring at your from the other side of the battlefield. Want something dead? Just click the only move you'll ever need. brave bird. The other moves? Sub par filler. Let's look at what this monster can do:

Other untermensch Talonflames:

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 310-366 (104.3 - 123.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Look at that. You know what these subpar birds can do back?

252 Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 243-289 (81.8 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is the superior smogon bird. The thing of legends.

Other calcs are uneeded as obviously this is the best thing since luvdisc.

Anyhow, satire aside CB talonflame eats unprepared teams for breakfast. Yes, I know the swords dance version is better - but with the amount of offense my team already packs all this bad boy needs to do is pick up the stragglers that lopunny couldn't take care of. Sleep talk allows you to deal with breloom's that lack rock tomb etc etc. U-turn allows for some predicition and hits Spdef Rotom quite hard. Anyhow, on to Mon #6

Kawai Desu (Celebi) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

That's right, choice specs Celebi. It hits like a truck and isn't afraid to nearly OHKO anything that looks at it funny.

Garchomp:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Celebi Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 333-393 (93.2 - 110%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Ferrothorn:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 236-280 (67 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Skarmory:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Celebi Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 240-284 (71.8 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Etc.

It hits most things in the format hard. This role might be better filled by something like Latias or a defensive version of celebi. But this has worked reasonably well so far. Healing wish allows you to give your mons another chance. Trust me, no team, no matter how well built is going to take an offensive onslaught of brave birds from a 2nd talonflame.

And that's that! Thanks for taking the time to read through this. :> Please, any suggestions are welcome.

kthxbai x

Hi, I'm not an expert but I just noticed your team is very weak to Jolly Talonflame, it can get a free Swords Dance boost by forcing Lopunny or Celebi to switch, and if rocks are present, it will smash your team.
Here are the calcs:

+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Garchomp: 357-420 (100 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 391-462 (149.2 - 176.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Diggersby: 423-498 (136 - 160.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 450-531 (151.5 - 178.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Celebi and Lopunny are destroyed anyway, and it will get worser if is acrobatics because it wont be worn down by recoil.

Give me a minute to think how to fix it.

just make garchomp defensive with rocky helmet and fire blast, it is a good lead to things lopunny doesnt want to lead against and can weakne things like ferro and skarm for your bunnies.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, cool team.

As someone already mentioned, you are quite weak to SD Talonflame. On top of this, Mega Charizard X and Weavile can be very problematic to switch into, and the team has 0 switch ins to Latios.

My first recommendation is to change your first bunny - flail's inconsistency aside, I believe that the other bunny, Azumarill, will benefit the team more than Diggersby. It prevents Latios from spamming Draco and checks Weavile, Zard X, Sand Offense and Mega Gyarados nicely. I would recommend a Choice Band variant to provide stallbreaking power.

Next up I agree with changing Garchomp to Rocky Helmet. This helps with a lot of physical attackers that are threatening to your team. I would run Endure in the last slot so you can punish physical attackers even more so that Talon / Lop can pick them off more easily.

I would also recommend changing your Talonflame to Swords Dance. As is, CB has no reliable recovery and this is important if Starmie gets KO'd because Talon is your last resort check to fast stuff a lot of the time, and its also your most reliable Scizor check. It is still a potent revenge killer without a Band and CB Azu helps ease that too, while SD allows you to threaten a sweep.

Lastly I am not really a fan of the Celebi set. Choiced Psychic types are total pursuit bait and the surprise factor of this set is not worth it imo. Nasty Plot is a better set all around if you ask me, but I would recommend using a Serperior instead; this gives you more speed and the ability to boost as you attack. Taunt can be used to help your matchup with bulky teams such as Mega Sableye Stall now that Chomp cannot set up Rocks on it.

Now all thethese changes make the team weaker to electric types, but I have a solution: swap Starmie for Latias. This also allows you to keep the Healing Wish support and a Keldeo check while being a reliable hazard remover. On top of that it checks Mega Venusaur a bit more reliably than Starmie does, while losing Celebi/ Diggersby made the team weaker to it.

Summary of changes:
Diggersby -> Azumarill
Garchomp -> Rocky Helmet
Talonflame -> Swords Dance
Celebi -> Serperior
Starmie -> Latias

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure / Fire Blast

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Serperior @ Leftovers / Meadow Plate
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish / Roost

These changes don't fully solve your problem with Latios or Mega Fairies but since it is HO you can just play aggressively; Lati primarily threatens when its at full HP or its on on Chomp.

I hope these changes are helpful to you, perhaps just from an insight perspective even if you choose not to use them.

Hi, cool team.

As someone already mentioned, you are quite weak to SD Talonflame. On top of this, Mega Charizard X and Weavile can be very problematic to switch into, and the team has 0 switch ins to Latios.

My first recommendation is to change your first bunny - flail's inconsistency aside, I believe that the other bunny, Azumarill, will benefit the team more than Diggersby. It prevents Latios from spamming Draco and checks Weavile, Zard X, Sand Offense and Mega Gyarados nicely. I would recommend a Choice Band variant to provide stallbreaking power.

Next up I agree with changing Garchomp to Rocky Helmet. This helps with a lot of physical attackers that are threatening to your team. I would run Endure in the last slot so you can punish physical attackers even more so that Talon / Lop can pick them off more easily.

I would also recommend changing your Talonflame to Swords Dance. As is, CB has no reliable recovery and this is important if Starmie gets KO'd because Talon is your last resort check to fast stuff a lot of the time, and its also your most reliable Scizor check. It is still a potent revenge killer without a Band and CB Azu helps ease that too, while SD allows you to threaten a sweep.

Lastly I am not really a fan of the Celebi set. Choiced Psychic types are total pursuit bait and the surprise factor of this set is not worth it imo. Nasty Plot is a better set all around if you ask me, but I would recommend using a Serperior instead; this gives you more speed and the ability to boost as you attack. Taunt can be used to help your matchup with bulky teams such as Mega Sableye Stall now that Chomp cannot set up Rocks on it.

Now all thethese changes make the team weaker to electric types, but I have a solution: swap Starmie for Latias. This also allows you to keep the Healing Wish support and a Keldeo check while being a reliable hazard remover. On top of that it checks Mega Venusaur a bit more reliably than Starmie does, while losing Celebi/ Diggersby made the team weaker to it.

Summary of changes:
Diggersby -> Azumarill
Garchomp -> Rocky Helmet
Celebi -> Serperior
Starmie -> Latias

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure / Fire Blast

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish / Roost

These changes don't fully solve your problem with Latios or Mega Fairies but since it is HO you can just play aggressively; Lati primarily threatens when its at full HP or its on on Chomp.

I hope these changes are helpful to you, perhaps just from an insight perspective even if you choose not to use them.
Yup, bludz answered what I couldn't, I agree with him Azumarril outclasses completely to Diggersby, and pairs well with loppunny because it can tank a unboosted BB and kill with waterfall, and can take Hippo down for Lop.

TBH, diggersby set was too gimmicky, i didn't had an idea of how to use it.

Anyway, give him the credits, I didnt do more than point a weakness and didint provide a solution.

Hi, cool team.

Summary of changes:
Diggersby -> Azumarill
Garchomp -> Rocky Helmet
Celebi -> Serperior
Starmie -> Latias

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure / Fire Blast

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish / Roost

Thank you very much, this is super helpful. :) I'll implement some of these and test them over a few games and post the results back here.

Yup, bludz answered what I couldn't, I agree with him Azumarril outclasses completely to Diggersby, and pairs well with loppunny because it can tank a unboosted BB and kill with waterfall, and can take Hippo down for Lop.

TBH, diggersby set was too gimmicky, i didn't had an idea of how to use it.

Anyway, give him the credits, I didnt do more than point a weakness and didint provide a solution.
I know it was gimmiky :3, thanks for pointing out the talon weakness btw :3 <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)