Data ASB Feedback & Game Issues Thread - Mk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bide charge face lasts for two turns though, if we did what you propose the second action is still energy free. Should the Bide mon spend 3.5 energy per action then?
Yeah, I thought about it, and I feel that flavor wise creating an Aura should take the entire energy cost. And logically the spreading of EN between the actions make sense, since that would avoid the "Free action" issue.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Given that the two Basculin forms are identical in every way except for appearance, can we merge the two Basculin entries in the DAT?

I think that razor wind should be included in the list of moves that 2x BAP when combo'd each other. I can see why hurricane isn't there (11*2=die), but razor wind isn't that much stronger than the other moves on the list.
(Razor is 8, Leaf Tornado is 7, Air cutter is 6)

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I think that razor wind should be included in the list of moves that 2x BAP when combo'd each other. I can see why hurricane isn't there (11*2=die), but razor wind isn't that much stronger than the other moves on the list.
(Razor is 8, Leaf Tornado is 7, Air cutter is 6)
Razor Wind already has an extra effect though. Making 4 bap moves miss is enough.

Given that the two Basculin forms are identical in every way except for appearance, can we merge the two Basculin entries in the DAT?
Well one form gets one ability without having to unlock it, and the other form is the reverse of that. So like for the first 0-5 battles you use each one it matters.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
17:20 Geodude !asbstats basculin-r
17:20 ASBot_ Basculin-R - Water | Reckless/Adaptability/Rock Head/Mold Breaker (H) | 100/3/3/3/2/98 | 18 BRT | Size: 2 | Weight: 2 | +Spe nat. Acc Boost: 15% | CC cost: 4 (7) | 275 CHP | Sig. Item: Everstone | Boosted Stats: Atk
17:20 Geodude !asbstats basculin-b
17:20 ASBot_ Basculin-B - Water | Rock Head/Adaptability/Reckless/Mold Breaker (H) | 100/3/3/3/2/98 | 18 BRT | Size: 2 | Weight: 2 | +Spe nat. Acc Boost: 15% | CC cost: 4 (7) | 275 CHP | Sig. Item: Everstone | Boosted Stats: Atk

???????

literally identical except for 1 letter

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why? This seems like a pointless change to meet one's OCD just because two different Pokémon in-game are designed to be the same in ASB. There is no benefit (Easier ASBot searching and one less line in the Data Audit Tables are too insignificant to count) to this nor are there any downsides and as a whole, there is no real point to it other than "convenience" that is completely irrelevant if you do not use IRC (Heck, it is much easier to find Basculin in the tables than most others). So I ask again, why?

FWIW, I would rather remove the other ability on both formes over merging them.

Frosty

=_=
Having to type basculin-R on the IRC is beyond retard and completely useless. I ask you the inverted question: why should we keep two different (albeit identical) entries for the sole purpose of making searching worse? I mean, the entire use of those entries is to make data acessible. Refusing to change this useless and pointless tidbit just to keep the status quo is honestly weird.

As for removing an ability, basculin was made to have 4 abilities because basculin sucks. Again: making a shitty mon even more shitty just to keep status quo is totally unjustifiable.

EDIT: And many people use IRC. Possible majority or at least a fair lot of them. Making it easier for them is reason enough for this in my book.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
17:24:44 ~ <&dogfish44> @asbstats Basculin
17:24:45 ~ <+ASBot> Basculin - Water | Rock Head/Adaptability/Reckless/Mold Breaker (H) | 100/3/3/3/2/98 | 18 BRT | Size: 2 | Weight: 2 | +Spe nat. Acc Boost: 15% | CC cost: 4 (7) | 275 CHP | Sig. Item: Everstone | Boosted Stats: Atk
17:24:49 ~ <&dogfish44> @asbstats Basculin-R
17:24:50 ~ <+ASBot> Basculin-R - Water | Reckless/Adaptability/Rock Head/Mold Breaker (H) | 100/3/3/3/2/98 | 18 BRT | Size: 2 | Weight: 2 | +Spe nat. Acc Boost: 15% | CC cost: 4 (7) | 275 CHP | Sig. Item: Everstone | Boosted Stats: Atk
17:24:59 ~ <&dogfish44> @asbstats Basculin-B
17:25:00 ~ <+ASBot> Basculin-B - Water | Rock Head/Adaptability/Reckless/Mold Breaker (H) | 100/3/3/3/2/98 | 18 BRT | Size: 2 | Weight: 2 | +Spe nat. Acc Boost: 15% | CC cost: 4 (7) | 275 CHP | Sig. Item: Everstone | Boosted Stats: Atk
Housekeeping section added to the bottom of the NDA for making the bot easier to use. =_=

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Can we get a clarification on what happens if Kecleon orders something like Thunder Punch (as opposed to Thunder Punch (Electric) or Thunder Punch (Normal) or Thunder Punch (Retain Type)) while being a Normal type?

I'd like it to be that it changes types unless the trainer specifies not to, as that is what the trainer would want most of the time anyway.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Can we get a clarification on what happens if Kecleon orders something like Thunder Punch (as opposed to Thunder Punch (Electric) or Thunder Punch (Normal) or Thunder Punch (Retain Type)) while being a Normal type?

I'd like it to be that it changes types unless the trainer specifies not to, as that is what the trainer would want most of the time anyway.
Assume the default Protean effect of changing to an Electric-type. "Pokemon that also have Color Change ability may select whether to keep their current type or the damaging attack's type each action." implies that it (specifying what type you want to be) is optional.

This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather. The Pokemon is also immune to "Powder" moves. (Full List: Cotton Spore, Poison Powder, Powder, Rage Powder, Sleep Powder, Spore, Stun Spore.) If the Pokemon is already immune to at least one (1) kind of weather, or powder attacks by typing or a different ability, Overcoat reduces the Base Attack Power of all oncoming attacks by one (1).

I feel like mold breaker (and similar abilities) should negate the BAP reduction here for the reason that that's what Mold Breaker does. (ASBot says the ability is not Mold-Breaker affected)
Also would like clarification that being immune to 1 of the powder moves doesn't activate the BAP reduce right?

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
"immunity to powder attacks", plural. The intention is an immunity to all powder attacks would be needed (Which would b Grass STAB alone, as far as I know?). As for the BAP drop vs MBreaker, I'm inclined to agree?

Endure says "Enduring users may not use Combos."

But what if someone uses them purposely ?

Will it Struggle ?
Will its first move of Combo be used that action and second move on next action ?
Will it just fail causing EN loss ? If yes, and EN loss is more than remaining EN, will it survive on 1 EN due to Endure or faint ?

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Endure says "Enduring users may not use Combos."

But what if someone uses them purposely ?

Will it Struggle ?
Will its first move of Combo be used that action and second move on next action ?
Will it just fail causing EN loss ? If yes, and EN loss is more than remaining EN, will it survive on 1 EN due to Endure or faint ?

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
If there is actually anything that needs a sig item at the moment, it is Shedinja. Shedinja technically does not benefit from Rare Candy because Nincada does not evolve into Shedinja via Level-Up, nor does it technically benefit from Everstone unlike what is said in the NDA because it is considered to evolve from Nincada by definition of the handbook. Therefore I propose a signature item for Shedinja to rectify this (though we could just edit the handbook but Sheddy is terrible in ASB).

Empty Shell: Increases the Pokémon's Attack by two (2) Ranks. Increases the BAP of Bug-type and Ghost-type attacks one (1). Confers Run Away and Compoundeyes to the holder if it does not have the abilities.

CC Cost: 8 CC | Affected Pokémon: Shedinja

Basically it is Rare Candy for it plus it gives Shedinja Nincada's abilities which fixes the accuracy of some of its status-inflicting attacks and provides Entry Hazard immunity which otherwise tends to cripple Shedinja and combined with its Ghost-typing, can switch in and out of anything without impunity. Shedinja is still going to suck anyway but this at least helps it out. At least until something uses Knock Off on it.

I also am looking into something for Mamoswine/Yanmega/Tangrowth, Ambipom, Lickilicky, Pangoro, Malamar, and Goodra, but I am not going to do something for those Pokémon at the moment as this is more urgent.
cough

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Amnesia really really sucks.
Amnesia - Psychic | Other | User | -- BAP | -- Acc | 7 EN Cost | -- Eff% | Contact: N/A | 0 Prio | Combo Type: Passive | Snatch: Yes | Magic Coat: No
The user empties its mind of concerns, increasing its Special defense by two (2) stages.
I propose we make it a Special version of Barrier to make it more viable.
The user empties its mind of concerns, increasing its Special defense by two (2) stages. If the user had no Special defense stage boosts when Amnesia was used, they take no damage from Special attacks for the rest of the action. Other effects of moves blocked in this way still happen.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most things really really suck.

The only reason to do this is to provide a special alternative to Barrier.

Otherwise its pure "hey buff this move"

i.e. if this happens its a one-off and carries no precedental weight to future attempts to buff crappy moves

Frosty

=_=
Let us not go that route. Tbh i'd be more likely to undo barrier and acid armor than to do amnesia. Yes I know that wont happen, but it is just to show how much I am against changing moves "just cause".

For Hypnosis/Mean Look:
The effects of this move can be avoided if the victim specifically makes an attempt to look away or close their eyes.

Does "if [target] attempts to look away" trigger if the target is ordered to close their eyes? If not, is it possible to sub for both eye-closing and looking away in one sub?​

For Hypnosis/Mean Look:
The effects of this move can be avoided if the victim specifically makes an attempt to look away or close their eyes.

Does "if [target] attempts to look away" trigger if the target is ordered to close their eyes? If not, is it possible to sub for both eye-closing and looking away in one sub?​
look away was a former flavor action that has been ruled illegal now thanks to people spamming it and basically stalling. The move description is a byproduct of that era and just hasnt been updated

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Heyo! As written, Rare Candy and Everstone provide +0 +2 to STAB bonuses if you have 3 types (Forest's Curse, Trick-Or-Treat, for instance). Just wonderin' if that's intended, or if we should update, or if in the grand scheme of things it matters at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)