Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug - Blissey and Cloyster are unable to use legal moves in Gen 2 OU.

I am trying to make a gen 2 OU team with a Blissey yet for some reason I can't give Blissey the moves Soft-Boiled, Heal Bell, Light Screen, Toxic at the same time even though that has been a legal moveset everywhere else I have checked. I also have a similar problem with Cloyster in gen 2 OU rules as well. I'm trying to run Rapid Spin, Spikes, Surf, and Toxic yet the system is saying that's illegal for gen 2 OU as well. The error given is -Blank can't learn Surf because it's incompatible with another move. Yet the movesets are both legal in every other checked source for gen 2

I wasn't sure if it was a recognized bug or not. I had seen that the last post in regards to the subject was back in July and I just wanted to check. Thank you.

Last edited:

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
AG bug that happened in this game (most likely due to species clause being implemented in most metas) to do with a recentish update that essentially takes notes of Pokemon sets (which I call the "note-taker" in the explanation):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-279063941

Explanation:
The opponent (Messi) uses two Xerneas, one of which we determined to be scarfed after it outpaced Darkrai:

There were no boosts on the Xerneas and Darkrai's speed was 383 so the only way it could outspeed was with a scarf.

Soon after, he switches into something else then back into Xerneas which we assumed was the same one due to what the note-taker told us:

As you can see, it was unclear without the note-taker whether this was the same Xerneas or the other one. The note-taker told us it had already used Moonblast so it must have been the same one that outsped Darkrai as the other one had not been used yet.

Despite the note-taker saying that this was the same Xerneas, Messi proceeded to do this:

The note-taker told us it was the same Xerneas as the one we determined was scarfed but the Xerneas proceeded to not be choice locked AND consume its hold item which was a Power Herb. The only logical explanation is that this is the other Xerneas and the note-taker is bugged.

Or Messi is a hacker... but I doubt it.

AG bug that happened in this game (most likely due to species clause being implemented in most metas) to do with a recentish update that essentially takes notes of Pokemon sets (which I call the "note-taker" in the explanation):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-279063941

Explanation:
The opponent (Messi) uses two Xerneas, one of which we determined to be scarfed after it outpaced Darkrai:

There were no boosts on the Xerneas and Darkrai's speed was 383 so the only way it could outspeed was with a scarf.

Soon after, he switches into something else then back into Xerneas which we assumed was the same one due to what the note-taker told us:

As you can see, it was unclear without the note-taker whether this was the same Xerneas or the other one. The note-taker told us it had already used Moonblast so it must have been the same one that outsped Darkrai as the other one had not been used yet.

Despite the note-taker saying that this was the same Xerneas, Messi proceeded to do this:

The note-taker told us it was the same Xerneas as the one we determined was scarfed but the Xerneas proceeded to not be choice locked AND consume its hold item which was a Power Herb. The only logical explanation is that this is the other Xerneas and the note-taker is bugged.

Or Messi is a hacker... but I doubt it.
No such thing as battle hacks in PS.

The note-taker has no more knowledge about Pokémon identity than you yourself have. It's suggested that you ignore it altogether when Zoroark is in play, or when any of Species/Nickname Clause is disabled.

When i try to move teams i get a message saying, "Error: A corrupted team was dropped." I can import and export teams and I've exported a team to another person for them to import on to their PS and they can move teams around and not get that error message but i do. I've been getting this message with all my teams.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK I just encountered this while playing ~spooky~ cup, my opponent had a Zoroark on the field disguised as a Beheeyem, when he brought his real Beheeyem out alongside it at the end of turn 2, it made the team preview section glitch out and replace the Sigilyph with another Beheeyem, so there were two Beheeyem next to each other in team preview and no Sigilyph (which wasn't chosen in the battle).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/spookycup-280125735

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I was 1800 ladder but looking for a battle i literally was paired 3/3 times with random ladder dudes (1000-1200). I also got haxed and I lost 60 points due to this.... My ladder nick is Corsola Said. Plz help me.

I believe i found a small bug.

It also failed with these moves: Knock Off, Roost, and Earthquake. I get that you could do it with each individual tier, but it still should be fixed.

I believe i found a small bug.

It also failed with these moves: Knock Off, Roost, and Earthquake. I get that you could do it with each individual tier, but it still should be fixed.
The syntax for dexsearch was recently changed to add a token specifically for searching "OR". The command you're looking for is now:
Code:
/ds defog, ou | uu
On the upside you can now do that with everything, not just tiers.

Question: why not? There are no cartridge restrictions on this seemingly arbitrary limitation.
It's a ruleset enforced for all Smogon and VGC formats, except for Anything Goes, because it creates misleading information with regards to abilities and other in-game messages, especially in Doubles. (Which one of these MR. AWESOME is the one holding the Air Balloon? Which one has Intimidate? Nobody knows)

If you don't like it, you can always play Anything Goes

It's a ruleset enforced for all Smogon and VGC formats, except for Anything Goes, because it creates misleading information with regards to abilities and other in-game messages, especially in Doubles. (Which one of these MR. AWESOME is the one holding the Air Balloon? Which one has Intimidate? Nobody knows)

If you don't like it, you can always play Anything Goes
Is it not possible to add parentheses text next to the name of the Pokemon when such abilities are activated, just like how names are displayed next to nicknames?

"Opposing MR. AWESOME (Landorus-T)'s Intimidate"

I suppose I could play Anything Goes, but I also could offer a suggestion for what I believe can be fixed.

The only problem I see to this is allowing two species of the same Pokemon with the same name, but that's only an issue in AG.

Last edited:
Is it not possible to add parentheses text next to the name of the Pokemon when such abilities are activated, just like how names are displayed next to nicknames?

"Opposing MR. AWESOME (Landorus-T)'s Intimidate"
No. On the cartridge it's impossible to know which one was which, so we can't do so here either.

https://gyazo.com/06c5b55e750b0e2f705e77da85320603
https://gyazo.com/f954cd4e91b150bc56f2ffd598645be5
https://gyazo.com/3e8d48c608bfc71813509a1fbf5dac90
My team builder isn't loading and when ever a pokemon is dt'd it says "illegal" to the left where it should show what tier its in, Someone else in the ou room said they were having a similar problem but they fixed it by refreshing, I had the problem 2 hours ago but i got off, i came back and its still happening, I've tried refreshing but nothings helping D:
EDIT:
https://gyazo.com/3887e53cb12956fc36b02d9dc6382842
i found out i can load moves for teams i've already made so it has nothing to do with my internet being unable to load the mons

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)