Clefairy [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2

Banned deucer.

QC: xzern | Bughouse | shaian
GP: Snobalt |

[OVERVIEW]

Friend Guard is Clefairy's only niche over Clefable and Togekiss, as it reduces the damage its teammates on the field take. Clefairy also has access to useful support moves such as Follow Me, Heal Pulse, and Helping Hand, which allow it to be a useful addition to a lot of teams. Even though Clefairy cannot viably carry any other items apart from Eviolite, it has a small niche in being slightly bulkier than Clefable with it, which is very useful in many situations, as Clefairy can heal its teammate after taking a hit or redirect very powerful moves that Clefable cannot. Friend Guard also provides an additional damage reduction to powerful spread attacks such as Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave and Landorus-T's Earthquake. However, Clefairy has very bad offensive stats and finds itself restricted to supportive roles only, which makes it Taunt bait.

[SET]
name: Friend Guard Support
move 1: Follow Me
move 2: Icy Wind
move 3: Heal Pulse / Helping Hand
move 4: Protect
item: Eviolite
ability: Friend Guard
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Follow Me can provide free turns for Clefairy's teammates by redirecting attacks and keeping them healthy. Clefairy has very low offensive presence; however, Icy Wind allows it to slow down opposing Pokemon and prevents it from being forced out, even after it has been hit by Taunt. Heal Pulse allows Clefairy to heal its teammates by 50% and help them stay on the field longer when combined with Friend Guard. Alternatively, Helping Hand helps Clefairy's teammates deal more damage and potentially net OHKOs that they usually couldn't get. Protect gives Clefairy longevity, can help provide free turns, and keeps Friend Guard active for longer.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs and 192 Defense EVs coupled with Eviolite allow Clefairy to always survive Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, while the remaining EVs are placed into Special Defense to allow Clefairy to survive Aegislash's Flash Cannon. Eviolite provides Clefairy with slightly more bulk than Clefable. Friend Guard boosts Clefairy's teammates' bulk and gives it a niche over Clefable. An EV spread of 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD with a Calm nature can be used, as it allows Clefairy to still survive Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge and provides a lot more special bulk.

Usage Tips
========

Clefairy should only be used for Friend Guard to help its teammates set up; otherwise, a different Follow Me user such as Clefable or Togekiss should be used. Friend Guard is only active when Clefairy is on the field, so keeping it safe by using Protect against powerful opposing Pokemon such as Bisharp and Mega Metagross can give its teammate an opportunity to heavily damage them. Follow Me should be used to allow teammates to set up or prevent them from taking damage from powerful attacks. If there is an opportunity for Clefairy's teammate to OHKO an opposing Pokemon, use Helping Hand. Do not be afraid to lose Clefairy, as it has only one job in supporting its teammates, and if it faints while doing so, it means that it has done its job.

Team Options
========

Strong attackers that have good bulk such as Mega Charizard Y and Mega Kangaskhan work well with Follow Me and Friend Guard support. Mega Charizard Y can take out the Steel-types that threaten Clefairy and has more opportunities to spam Heat Wave when aided by Clefairy's redirection support. Mega Kangaskhan can set up with Power-Up Punch against the opposing team while Clefairy redirects their moves. Substitute users such as Heatran and Kyurem-B appreciate the ability to set up for free with redirection support, and both of them are very bulky with Friend Guard active. Belly Drum Azumarill can get free turns to set up with Belly Drum and becomes difficult to take down because Friend Guard boosts its already good bulk. Clefairy fits best on offensive teams because it has next to no offensive presence and its teammates appreciate the extra bulk.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Thunder Wave can be used as permanent speed control; however, it is blocked by Taunt and can only target one Pokemon at a time. Moonlight can be used to provide recovery and help Clefairy stay around for longer, but it is hindered by rain and is also stopped by Taunt. Moonblast can be used to deal solid damage to Hydreigon and Scrafty while also preventing Bisharp from switching in for an easy boost from Defiant. However, Clefairy can easily redirect moves from Hydreigon and Scrafty anyway, so Icy Wind is usually the more reliable option.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Clefairy can easily lose to Steel-types such as Aegislash, Bisharp, and Mega Metagross, as they are all capable of 2HKOing or even OHKOing it. Heatran also sets up for free on Clefairy, as it doesn't care about Follow Me because it uses Heat Wave.

**Utility**: Because Clefairy relies on support moves to be useful and has no offensive presence, it can be made useless when Taunt and Encore are used against it.

**Miscellaneous**: Clefairy is incapable of redirecting spread moves from the likes of Mega Charizard Y, Landorus-T, and Heatran and is usually dead weight against them.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]

"Despite being forced to run Eviolite, it has slightly more bulk than Clefable", change the wording here because Eviolite is the only reason it's bulkier. Using despite makes it sound like Eviolite reduces its defenses.

"Clefairy is also capable of weakening very powerful spread attacks such as Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave, and Landorus-T's Earthquake.", mostly semantics but changing it to say that Friend Guard also provides an additional reduction to the power of spread moves probably clarifies this point a bit better

[Set]

To be honest, I think the spread should change to 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD Bold, which always lives a Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head and is more than enough to always live an Aegislash Flash Cannon. You could probably move the old spread into the Set Details as an alternative spread.

[Usage Tips]

Just a common thing that needs to be addressed in regards to support Pokemon, in particular Follow Me / Rage Powder users, but if you should not be afraid to sack Clefairy in order to move ahead in the game. Clefairy has one job, and that is to provide room for its partner to run wild, and if it dies doing that then its done its job well.

[Team Options]

Mega Kangaskhan can set up with Power-up Punch against the opponent while Clefairy redirects their moves, Friend Guard enables Mega Kangaskhan to survive a Keldeo's Secret Sword and OHKO it in return. You don't need this bolded bit.

I would also remove Suicune because, yes it becomes really bulky and you get Tailwind up easier, but it also really hurts your offensive momentum because neither Clefairy or Suicune are going to be doing significant damage. Also getting up Tailwind easier isn't really a big deal when you have Icy Wind.

Do for 3/3

Reactions: p2

p2

Banned deucer.
[Overview]

"Despite being forced to run Eviolite, it has slightly more bulk than Clefable", change the wording here because Eviolite is the only reason it's bulkier. Using despite makes it sound like Eviolite reduces its defenses.

"Clefairy is also capable of weakening very powerful spread attacks such as Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave, and Landorus-T's Earthquake.", mostly semantics but changing it to say that Friend Guard also provides an additional reduction to the power of spread moves probably clarifies this point a bit better

[Set]

To be honest, I think the spread should change to 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD Bold, which always lives a Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head and is more than enough to always live an Aegislash Flash Cannon. You could probably move the old spread into the Set Details as an alternative spread.

[Usage Tips]

Just a common thing that needs to be addressed in regards to support Pokemon, in particular Follow Me / Rage Powder users, but if you should not be afraid to sack Clefairy in order to move ahead in the game. Clefairy has one job, and that is to provide room for its partner to run wild, and if it dies doing that then its done its job well.

[Team Options]

Mega Kangaskhan can set up with Power-up Punch against the opponent while Clefairy redirects their moves, Friend Guard enables Mega Kangaskhan to survive a Keldeo's Secret Sword and OHKO it in return. You don't need this bolded bit.

I would also remove Suicune because, yes it becomes really bulky and you get Tailwind up easier, but it also really hurts your offensive momentum because neither Clefairy or Suicune are going to be doing significant damage. Also getting up Tailwind easier isn't really a big deal when you have Icy Wind.

Do for 3/3
thanks

moving to gp

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
amcheck
[OVERVIEW]
(add blank line)
Friend Guard is Clefairy's only niche over Clefable and Togekiss, which as it reduces the damage its teammates on the field take. It Clefairy (Clefairy's niche and Clefairy are two different things) also has access to useful support moves such as Follow Me, Heal Pulse, and Helping Hand, which allow Clefairy to be a useful addition to a lot of teams. Though Clefable Even though Clefairy cannot viably carry any other items apart from Eviolite, it has a small niche in being slightly bulkier than Clefable with it, (AC) which is very useful in many situations, (AC) as it Clefairy can heal its teammate after taking a hit or can redirect very powerful moves that standard Clefable cannot. Friend Guard also provides an additional reduction to powerful spread attacks such as Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave, (RC) and Landorus-T's Earthquake. However, Clefairy has very bad offensive stats and finds itself restricted to support only, which makes it Taunt bait.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Follow Me can provide free turns for Clefairy's teammates by redirecting attacks and keeping them healthy. Clefairy has very low offensive presence; (ASC) however, though Icy Wind allows it to slow down opposing Pokemon and prevents Clefairy from being forced out, (AC) even after it has been hit by Taunt. Heal Pulse allows Clefairy to heal its teammates by 50% and help them stay on the field longer when combined with Friend Guard. Helping Hand helps Clefairy's teammates deal more damage and potentially help them net OHKOs that they usually couldn't get. Protect gives Clefairy longevity, can help provide free turns, and it keeps Friend Guard active for longer.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs and 192 Defense EVs coupled with Eviolite allows Clefairy to always survive Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head while the remaining EVs are placed into Special Defense, which allow Clefairy to survive Aegislash's Flash Cannon. Eviolite is necessary, (AC) as it provides Clefairy with slightly more bulk than Clefable, (AC) and any other items are useless, (AC) as Clefairy has very little bulk without Eviolite. Friend Guard is the best ability on Clefairy, (AC) as it boosts its Clefairy's teammates' (Add Apostrophe) bulk and gives it a niche over Clefable. An EV spread of 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD with a Calm nature can be used, which as it allows it Clefairy to survive Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge and has a lot more special bulk.

Usage Tips
========

Clefairy should only be used for Friend Guard to help its teammates set up, otherwise a different Follow Me user such as Clefable or Togekiss should be used. Friend Guard is only active when Clefairy is on the field, so keeping it safe by using Protect against powerful opposing Pokemon such as Bisharp and Mega Metagross can give its teammate an opportunity to heavily damage them. Follow Me should be used to allow teammates to set up or avoid prevent them from taking damage from powerful attacks. If there is an opportunity for Clefairy's teammate to OHKO an opponents opponent's Pokemon, use Helping Hand. Do not be afraid to lose Clefairy, as it has one job in supporting its teammates and, (AC) when it faints while doing so, it that means that it has done it's its job.

Team Options
========

Strong attackers that have good bulk work well with Follow Me and Friend Guard support such as Mega Charizard Y and Mega Kangaskhan work well with Follow Me and Friend Guard support. Mega Charizard Y can take out the Steel-types that threaten Clefairy and has more opportunities to spam Heat Wave. Mega Kangaskhan can set up with Power-Up Punch against the opponent while Clefairy redirects their moves. Substitute users such as Heatran and Kyurem-B appreciate the ability to set up for free with redirection support, (AC) and both are very bulky with Friend Guard active. Belly Drum Azumarill can get free turns to set up with Belly Drum and becomes difficult to take down as Friend Guard boosts its already good bulk. Clefairy fits best on offensive teams because it has next to no offensive presence and its teammates appreciate the extra bulk.
(remove blank line)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Thunder Wave can be used as permanent Speed speed control,; (RC -> ASC) however, it is blocked by Taunt and can only target one Pokemon at a time. Moonlight can be used to provide recovery and help Clefairy stay around for longer, but is hindered by Rain rain and is also stopped by Taunt. Moonblast can be used to deal solid damage to Hydreigon and Scrafty while also preventing Bisharp from switching in for an easy boost from Defiant. Moves However, moves from Hydreigon and Scrafty can be easily redirected by Clefable, so Icy Wind is usually the most reliable option.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Clefairy can easily lose to Steel-types such as Aegislash, Bisharp, and Mega Metagross, (AC) as they are all capable of 2HKO'ing 2HKOing or even OHKO'ing OHKOing Clefairy. Heatran also sets up for free on it Clefairy, (AC) as it doesn't care about Follow Me because it uses Heat Wave.

**Utility**: As Because Clefairy relies on support moves to be useful, it has no offensive presence, (AC) which means that it can be made useless when Taunt and Encore are used against Clefairy it.

**Miscellaneous**: Clefairy is incapable of redirecting spread moves from the likes of Mega Charizard Y, Landorus-T, and Heatran and is usually dead weight against them.
Snobalt The Dutch Plumberjack P Squared fleurdyleurse

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rhythms: Add Remove Comment
Me: Add Remove Comment
[OVERVIEW]
(add blank line)
Friend Guard is Clefairy's only niche over Clefable and Togekiss, which as it reduces the damage its teammates on the field take. It Clefairy (Clefairy's niche and Clefairy are two different things) also has access to useful support moves such as Follow Me, Heal Pulse, and Helping Hand, which allow Clefairy to be a useful addition to a lot of teams. Though Clefable Even though Clefairy cannot viably carry any other items apart from Eviolite, it has a small niche in being slightly bulkier than Clefable with it, (AC) which is very useful in many situations, (AC) as it Clefairy can heal its teammate after taking a hit or can redirect very powerful moves that standard Clefable cannot. Friend Guard also provides an additional damage reduction to powerful spread attacks such as Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave, (RC) and Landorus-T's Earthquake. However, Clefairy has very bad offensive stats and finds itself restricted to supportive roles only, which makes it Taunt bait.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Follow Me can provide free turns for Clefairy's teammates by redirecting attacks and keeping them healthy. Clefairy has very low offensive presence; (ASC) however, though Icy Wind allows it to slow down opposing Pokemon and prevents Clefairy from being forced out, (AC) even after it has been hit by Taunt. Heal Pulse allows Clefairy to heal its teammates by 50% and help them stay on the field longer when combined with Friend Guard. Helping Hand helps Clefairy's teammates deal more damage and potentially help them net OHKOs that they usually couldn't get. Protect gives Clefairy longevity, can help provide free turns, and it keeps Friend Guard active for longer.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs and 192 Defense EVs coupled with Eviolite allows Clefairy to always survive Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, (AC) while the remaining EVs are placed into Special Defense, which to allow Clefairy to survive Aegislash's Flash Cannon. Eviolite is necessary, as it provides Clefairy with slightly more bulk than Clefable, and any other items are useless, as Clefairy has very little bulk without Eviolite. Friend Guard is the best ability on Clefairy as it boosts its Clefairy's teammates' (Add Apostrophe) bulk and gives it a niche over Clefable. An EV spread of 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD with a Calm nature can be used, which as it allows it Clefairy to survive Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge and has a lot more special bulk.

Usage Tips
========

Clefairy should only be used for Friend Guard to help its teammates set up,;(change to semi) otherwise, (AC) a different Follow Me user such as Clefable or Togekiss should be used. Friend Guard is only active when Clefairy is on the field, so keeping it safe by using Protect against powerful opposing Pokemon such as Bisharp and Mega Metagross can give its teammate an opportunity to heavily damage them. Follow Me should be used to allow teammates to set up or avoid prevent them from taking damage from powerful attacks. If there is an opportunity for Clefairy's teammate to OHKO an opponents opponent's Pokemon, use Helping Hand. Do not be afraid to lose Clefairy, as it has one job in supporting its teammates, (AC) and, (AC) (Glad you saw it needed a comma, but it's in the wrong place) when it faints while doing so, it that means that it has done it's its job.

Team Options
========

Strong attackers that have good bulk work well with Follow Me and Friend Guard support such as Mega Charizard Y and Mega Kangaskhan work well with Follow Me and Friend Guard support. Mega Charizard Y can take out the Steel-types that threaten Clefairy and has more opportunities to spam Heat Wave. Mega Kangaskhan can set up with Power-Up Punch against the opponent opposing team while Clefairy redirects their moves. Substitute users such as Heatran and Kyurem-B appreciate the ability to set up for free with redirection support, (AC) and both of them are very bulky with Friend Guard active. Belly Drum Azumarill can get free turns to set up with Belly Drum and becomes difficult to take down because as Friend Guard boosts its already good bulk. Clefairy fits best on offensive teams because it has next to no offensive presence and its teammates appreciate the extra bulk.
(remove blank line)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Thunder Wave can be used as permanent Speed speed control,; (RC -> ASC) however, it is blocked by Taunt and can only target one Pokemon at a time. Moonlight can be used to provide recovery and help Clefairy stay around for longer, but is hindered by Rain rain and is also stopped by Taunt. Moonblast can be used to deal solid damage to Hydreigon and Scrafty while also preventing Bisharp from switching in for an easy boost from Defiant. Moves However, Clefairy can easily redirect moves from Hydreigon and Scrafty can be easily redirected by Clefable anyway, so Icy Wind is usually the most more reliable option.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Clefairy can easily lose to Steel-types such as Aegislash, Bisharp, and Mega Metagross, (AC) as they are all capable of 2HKO'ing 2HKOing or even OHKO'ing OHKOing Clefairy. Heatran also sets up for free on it Clefairy, (AC) as it doesn't care about Follow Me because it uses Heat Wave.

**Utility**: As Because Clefairy relies on support moves to be useful, it has no offensive presence, (AC) which means that it can be made useless when Taunt and Encore are used against Clefairy it.

Nice work Rhythms. Stamping this one too.
GP 1/2

p2

Banned deucer.
Rhythms: Add Remove Comment
Me: Add Remove Comment
[OVERVIEW]
(add blank line)
Friend Guard is Clefairy's only niche over Clefable and Togekiss, which as it reduces the damage its teammates on the field take. It Clefairy (Clefairy's niche and Clefairy are two different things) also has access to useful support moves such as Follow Me, Heal Pulse, and Helping Hand, which allow Clefairy to be a useful addition to a lot of teams. Though Clefable Even though Clefairy cannot viably carry any other items apart from Eviolite, it has a small niche in being slightly bulkier than Clefable with it, (AC) which is very useful in many situations, (AC) as it Clefairy can heal its teammate after taking a hit or can redirect very powerful moves that standard Clefable cannot. Friend Guard also provides an additional damage reduction to powerful spread attacks such as Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave, (RC) and Landorus-T's Earthquake. However, Clefairy has very bad offensive stats and finds itself restricted to supportive roles only, which makes it Taunt bait.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs and 192 Defense EVs coupled with Eviolite allows Clefairy to always survive Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, (AC) while the remaining EVs are placed into Special Defense, which to allow Clefairy to survive Aegislash's Flash Cannon. Eviolite is necessary, as it provides Clefairy with slightly more bulk than Clefable, and any other items are useless, as Clefairy has very little bulk without Eviolite. Friend Guard is the best ability on Clefairy as it boosts its Clefairy's teammates' (Add Apostrophe) bulk and gives it a niche over Clefable. An EV spread of 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD with a Calm nature can be used, which as it allows it Clefairy to survive Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge and has a lot more special bulk.

Usage Tips
========

Clefairy should only be used for Friend Guard to help its teammates set up,;(change to semi) otherwise, (AC) a different Follow Me user such as Clefable or Togekiss should be used. Friend Guard is only active when Clefairy is on the field, so keeping it safe by using Protect against powerful opposing Pokemon such as Bisharp and Mega Metagross can give its teammate an opportunity to heavily damage them. Follow Me should be used to allow teammates to set up or avoid prevent them from taking damage from powerful attacks. If there is an opportunity for Clefairy's teammate to OHKO an opponents opponent's Pokemon, use Helping Hand. Do not be afraid to lose Clefairy, as it has one job in supporting its teammates, (AC) and, (AC) (Glad you saw it needed a comma, but it's in the wrong place) when it faints while doing so, it that means that it has done it's its job.

Team Options
========

Strong attackers that have good bulk work well with Follow Me and Friend Guard support such as Mega Charizard Y and Mega Kangaskhan work well with Follow Me and Friend Guard support. Mega Charizard Y can take out the Steel-types that threaten Clefairy and has more opportunities to spam Heat Wave. Mega Kangaskhan can set up with Power-Up Punch against the opponent opposing team while Clefairy redirects their moves. Substitute users such as Heatran and Kyurem-B appreciate the ability to set up for free with redirection support, (AC) and both of them are very bulky with Friend Guard active. Belly Drum Azumarill can get free turns to set up with Belly Drum and becomes difficult to take down because as Friend Guard boosts its already good bulk. Clefairy fits best on offensive teams because it has next to no offensive presence and its teammates appreciate the extra bulk.
(remove blank line)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Thunder Wave can be used as permanent Speed speed control,; (RC -> ASC) however, it is blocked by Taunt and can only target one Pokemon at a time. Moonlight can be used to provide recovery and help Clefairy stay around for longer, but is hindered by Rain rain and is also stopped by Taunt. Moonblast can be used to deal solid damage to Hydreigon and Scrafty while also preventing Bisharp from switching in for an easy boost from Defiant. Moves However, Clefairy can easily redirect moves from Hydreigon and Scrafty can be easily redirected by Clefable anyway, so Icy Wind is usually the most more reliable option.

Checks and Counters
===================

Nice work Rhythms. Stamping this one too.
GP 1/2
thanks

implemented

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
k

remove add (Capitalize / Fix) (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Friend Guard is Clefairy's only niche over Clefable and Togekiss, as it reduces the damage its teammates on the field take. Clefairy also has access to useful support moves such as Follow Me, Heal Pulse, and Helping Hand, which allow Clefairy it to be a useful addition to a lot of teams. Even though Clefairy cannot viably carry any other items apart from Eviolite, it has a small niche in being slightly bulkier than Clefable with it, which is very useful in many situations, as Clefairy can heal its teammate after taking a hit or redirect very powerful moves that Clefable cannot. Friend Guard also provides an additional damage reduction to powerful spread attacks such as Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave and Landorus-T's Earthquake. However, Clefairy has very bad offensive stats and finds itself restricted to supportive roles only, which makes it Taunt bait.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Follow Me can provide free turns for Clefairy's teammates by redirecting attacks and keeping them healthy. Clefairy has very low offensive presence; however, Icy Wind allows it to slow down opposing Pokemon and prevents Clefairy it from being forced out, even after it has been hit by Taunt. Heal Pulse allows Clefairy to heal its teammates by 50% and help them stay on the field longer when combined with Friend Guard. Alternatively, (AC) Helping Hand helps Clefairy's teammates deal more damage and potentially net OHKOs that they usually couldn't get. Protect gives Clefairy longevity, can help provide free turns, and keeps Friend Guard active for longer.

Set Details
========

252 HP EVs and 192 Defense EVs coupled with Eviolite allow Clefairy to always survive Life Orb Bisharp's Iron Head, while the remaining EVs are placed into Special Defense to allow Clefairy to survive Aegislash's Flash Cannon. Eviolite provides Clefairy with slightly more bulk than Clefable. Friend Guard boosts Clefairy's teammates' bulk and gives it a niche over Clefable. An EV spread of 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD with a Calm nature can be used, as it allows Clefairy to still survive Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge and has provides a lot more special bulk.

Usage Tips
========

Clefairy should only be used for Friend Guard to help its teammates set up; otherwise, a different Follow Me user such as Clefable or Togekiss should be used. Friend Guard is only active when Clefairy is on the field, so keeping it safe by using Protect against powerful opposing Pokemon such as Bisharp and Mega Metagross can give its teammate an opportunity to heavily damage them. Follow Me should be used to allow teammates to set up or prevent them from taking damage from powerful attacks. If there is an opportunity for Clefairy's teammate to OHKO an opponent's opposing Pokemon, use Helping Hand. Do not be afraid to lose Clefairy, as it has only one job in supporting its teammates, and when if it faints while doing so, it means that it has done its job.

Team Options
========

Strong attackers that have good bulk such as Mega Charizard Y and Mega Kangaskhan work well with Follow Me and Friend Guard support. Mega Charizard Y can take out the Steel-types that threaten Clefairy and has more opportunities to spam Heat Wave (feels like something's missing, under what condition? "when aided by Clefairy's redirection" or something I guess). Mega Kangaskhan can set up with Power-Up Punch against the opposing team while Clefairy redirects their moves. Substitute users such as Heatran and Kyurem-B appreciate the ability to set up for free with redirection support, and both of them are very bulky with Friend Guard active. Belly Drum Azumarill can get free turns to set up with Belly Drum and becomes difficult to take down because Friend Guard boosts its already good bulk. Clefairy fits best on offensive teams because it has next to no offensive presence and its teammates appreciate the extra bulk.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Thunder Wave can be used as permanent speed control; however, it is blocked by Taunt and can only target one Pokemon at a time. Moonlight can be used to provide recovery and help Clefairy stay around for longer, but it is hindered by rain and is also stopped by Taunt. Moonblast can be used to deal solid damage to Hydreigon and Scrafty while also preventing Bisharp from switching in for an easy boost from Defiant. However, Clefairy can easily redirect moves from Hydreigon and Scrafty anyway, so Icy Wind is usually the more reliable option.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Typing Advantage**: Clefairy can easily lose to Steel-types such as Aegislash, Bisharp, and Mega Metagross, as they are all capable of 2HKOing or even OHKOing Clefairy it. Heatran also sets up for free on Clefairy, (AC) as it doesn't care about Follow Me because it uses Heat Wave.

**Utility**: Because Clefairy relies on support moves to be useful, it and has no offensive presence, which means that it can be made useless when Taunt and Encore are used against it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)