Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab [rozes'd]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
lemme hear you say heeeeey miss carter

say heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey miss caaaaaaaaarter
Torterra @ Choice Band
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Facade

Vivillon @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Energy Ball

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Confuse Ray

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Atk / 100 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I decided a quick spread and this moveset would work the best for Torterra. I tend to like Facade on CB Torterra because it makes it a safe pivot into Lanturn, even if it ends up getting burned by Scald. Rock Slide is chosen over Stone Edge because its targets are very specific, mostly Scyther, Rotom-S, Xatu, etc. and the only thing it does is guarantee the OHKO on 248/172 neutral Xatu (the spread that outruns Adamant Sawk), which you already 2HKO with Wood Hammer anyways, and turn a ~60% OHKO vs offensive Rotom-S to a 100%. The increased accuracy is really important because Wood Hammer really limits Torterra's ability to stick around throughout the match and any extra damage it takes can make a huge difference in what it accomplishes in the battle. The Speed specifically outruns Adamant Mawile while also outspeeding Jolly Rhydon and Lanturns creeping it.

From there, I wanted something that both appreciated Torterra's ability to offensively pivot into Rhydon and to bust through common checks. Vivillon was a good option, as its most common checks, Steel-types, Electric-types, and Lanturn, are absolutely manhandled by Torterra. Gourgeist and Weezing, two of Torterra's best checks, also greatly fear Vivillon setting up on them and knocking them out. Sharp Beak is for a power boost that allows you to bluff Choice Scarf. Vivillon and Torterra share a couple of things—common weaknesses to Fire, Flying, and Ice, and a dislike for hazards (Stealth Rock for Vivillon and Spikes/Toxic Spikes for Torterra). Lanturn covers all three of these weaknesses really well, and it synergizes offensively with both Torterra and Vivillon, which can safely switch into Ground- and Grass-types, respectively, and immediately apply pressure towards them. Confuse Ray is kind of bullshit, but it can help out the team tremendously by taking advantage of what confusion does best: forcing switches and giving up free turns. If you aren't feeling real enough, change it to Thunder Wave. It kind of pulls the same thing, but it doesn't do it nearly as well and nothing puts the fear of God into a player more than the 50/50 from confusion. Here's Confuse Ray winning me the game and providing some early-game momentum: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-284208656

Hitmonchan was added because the team was lacking in Speed and really wanted some priority on top of Rapid Spin support. Mach Punch in particular is great priority for this team because it struggles with Shiftry and has no Normal resist. Piloswine offers even more priority, as well as a very necessary Freeze-Dry resist in this metagame where Aurorus and Vanilluxe are becoming increasingly common and people are slowly shifting their views on Cryogonal. Raichu in the last slot gives the team some actual Speed outside of priority, as well as another Pokemon to take advantage of Torterra crushing through defensive cores. HP Grass is better than Grass Knot because it hits Lanturn harder.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
TheMasterOP

Here is the Cryogonal squad you requested. Cryo hasn't been the coolest mon to use in NU lately, but it still has a decent niche as the fastest spinner in the tier which is pretty nice to have on an offensive team like this one. I ended up going with a spike stack team so my spiker of choice was Garbodor since they share nice synergy overall, and it's able to whittle down physical attackers that Cryogonal doesn't enjoy taking on. Next, I added Banded Scyther for the immediate power that it has over the Eviolite variant and also since it can easily beat common spinners like Hitmonchan and Claydol. Mesprit is our rocker of choice because of Healing Wish support which I enjoy on these sort of teams, and it gives us another fighting resist. Poliwrath gives us our main fire and water check and finally, Rhydon is the standard Dual Dance set that serves as a pretty solid win con once Scyther and Cyrogonal wreak havoc on the opposing team. Overall nothing too exciting, but hope you enjoy n_n

Cryogonal @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Recover

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Rhydon @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

lemme hear you say heeeeey miss carter

say heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey miss caaaaaaaaarter
Torterra @ Choice Band
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Facade

Vivillon @ Sharp Beak
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Energy Ball

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Confuse Ray

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Atk / 100 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Raichu @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I decided a quick spread and this moveset would work the best for Torterra. I tend to like Facade on CB Torterra because it makes it a safe pivot into Lanturn, even if it ends up getting burned by Scald. Rock Slide is chosen over Stone Edge because its targets are very specific, mostly Scyther, Rotom-S, Xatu, etc. and the only thing it does is guarantee the OHKO on 248/172 neutral Xatu (the spread that outruns Adamant Sawk), which you already 2HKO with Wood Hammer anyways, and turn a ~60% OHKO vs offensive Rotom-S to a 100%. The increased accuracy is really important because Wood Hammer really limits Torterra's ability to stick around throughout the match and any extra damage it takes can make a huge difference in what it accomplishes in the battle. The Speed specifically outruns Adamant Mawile while also outspeeding Jolly Rhydon and Lanturns creeping it.

From there, I wanted something that both appreciated Torterra's ability to offensively pivot into Rhydon and to bust through common checks. Vivillon was a good option, as its most common checks, Steel-types, Electric-types, and Lanturn, are absolutely manhandled by Torterra. Gourgeist and Weezing, two of Torterra's best checks, also greatly fear Vivillon setting up on them and knocking them out. Sharp Beak is for a power boost that allows you to bluff Choice Scarf. Vivillon and Torterra share a couple of things—common weaknesses to Fire, Flying, and Ice, and a dislike for hazards (Stealth Rock for Vivillon and Spikes/Toxic Spikes for Torterra). Lanturn covers all three of these weaknesses really well, and it synergizes offensively with both Torterra and Vivillon, which can safely switch into Ground- and Grass-types, respectively, and immediately apply pressure towards them. Confuse Ray is kind of bullshit, but it can help out the team tremendously by taking advantage of what confusion does best: forcing switches and giving up free turns. If you aren't feeling real enough, change it to Thunder Wave. It kind of pulls the same thing, but it doesn't do it nearly as well and nothing puts the fear of God into a player more than the 50/50 from confusion. Here's Confuse Ray winning me the game and providing some early-game momentum: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-284208656

Hitmonchan was added because the team was lacking in Speed and really wanted some priority on top of Rapid Spin support. Mach Punch in particular is great priority for this team because it struggles with Shiftry and has no Normal resist. Piloswine offers even more priority, as well as a very necessary Freeze-Dry resist in this metagame where Aurorus and Vanilluxe are becoming increasingly common and people are slowly shifting their views on Cryogonal. Raichu in the last slot gives the team some actual Speed outside of priority, as well as another Pokemon to take advantage of Torterra crushing through defensive cores. HP Grass is better than Grass Knot because it hits Lanturn harder.
Hey man the team looks good but I see that it's really weak to fighting and psychic types, and I don't really want to overload Vivillon, so I'm thinking Scarf Mesprit w/ T-Bolt > Raichu. That gives me another check to fightings, psychics, and poisons, still gives me speed, and Thunderbolt still hits what Raichu would hit,
making it also act as whatever reason you chose Raichu for. Just thoughts though.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How about a team around CB Flareon, to help out with the analysis that's going on at the moment? I'm running it on a Sun team at the moment but I'm not sure that's the best way of using it. Although Sun + Flash Fire + CB lets it OHKO silly stuff. >:)

Gonna request a team built around gourgeist-super and swellow n_n

Geist seems to be a really cool defensive mon rn and I would like to see it used on a solid core. Personally I do not mind what sets are used.

Last edited:
Wanna see a volt turn offensive team (balanced is fine too) built around Primeape and Rotom-Fan. They can beat the others switch ins and are good mons generally
Primeape @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

I would like to see an offensive team built around special Samurott and Rock Polish Torterra:

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Megahorn
Taunt

Torterra @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Rock Polish
Earthquake
Wood Hammer
Stone Edge

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Muk @ Choice Band
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Explosion
- Shadow Sneak

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Cryogonal @ Never-Melt Ice
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Mantine @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Gorebyss @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

hey Magnemite here's the team you requested of "mons who might drop to PU"

I started with Muk as a strong wallbreaker. There's not a lot that wants to switch into Muk and the mons who do (Rhydon, Regirock, etc) can be covered by Cradily and the offensive Water-types in the back which we'll get to in a bit. Cradily was a great choice for Rocks. Considering I was planning on having two Water-types in the back, I wanted to make sure I had a solid Normal-type check, so I went with physically defensive. Bouffalant was my Lilligant check and primary balance breaker. From there I decided to go with an offensive core of Cryogonal + Mantine + Gorebyss. Cryo provided a soft answer to spikes and Stealth Rock, the former whittling Gore and the latter whittling Mantine. Mantine does an excellent job setting Rain because most opponents expect the passive Defog set. Gorebyss benefits from the rain a lot, but it can still set up and sweep on its own. All in all, this was a pretty successful build, so I appreciate the lab members letting me on for this project. Here's a sick replay of the team in action: http://spo.ink/magteam

Yo. School Break so i have nothing to do. So i would like to request a team based around offensive CM Dino (the lure set). I been running mostly the physical defensive ones but i wanted to try to build the team with its other set. I'm not good at teambuilding so this will be a nice place. Team can be offensive or balance.

Here is the set.

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Healer
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast/Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Hey guys,
I am going to suggest:

Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

I got brain damage to try to make a team with this core.
The reason I wanted to build around this core was because the fact if you get a speed boosting baton pass in to Samurott and your able to SD up there is almost nothing that is able to do something about it. But for some reason it didn't work out how it supposed to go. (Your able to change Combusken if it doesn't work out as well). Thanks!

ponponyo

formerly ssunbae

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Grass

Requesting a team with this guy, I'm not sure if he's going to drop because I don't play that much NU so, if you guys feel that he's dropping just tell me and I'll make another request

Rapture

I got so much time today
Dentricos

Here's a pretty fun team I made around your request. Swellow is a threat to be reckoned with, and it's no surprise to anyone that Gourgeist is the best bulky grass in the tier so the two can pull some shenanigans when paired together. I started off with Specs Swellow since it is the most consistent set right now and paired it with Rock Polish Rhydon since the both of them have a pretty wide range of targets, so it can be hard for opposing teams to handle both of them. Gourgeist is handy for wearing down teams with burns and leech seed while being a good stop to most physical attackers in the tier. Next, I decided to use Prinplup since I needed a Fire check + Rocks + Hazard removal so it seemed like a natural choice. I ended up going with Skuntank next to round out the defensive core since it can dispatch of psychic and ghost types that could end up giving the team trouble. Finally, Jynx is an offensive fighting check that can be downright annoying due to Lovely Kiss + Nasty Plot and can serve as a pretty solid win con if need be. Overall you'll want to start off a game getting a lot of damage off with either Jynx or Swellow so that the other can bulldoze the opponents team late game. Enjoy!

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Rock Polish

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Foul Play

Prinplup @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot

Dundies

Carracosta is always a ton of fun to use since it's very versatile in what it can accomplish on a team. I ended up with a physically based mixed set for Costa since the strong af Aqua Jet is useful to pick off faster mons and dodge most priority. Musharna follows next as the teams main fighting resist and just something that never dies. you could probs go T-wave over Baton pass for maximum fun, but I'll leave that up to you. Hitmonchan is our spinner of choice to support the team since it has relatively good synergy with Musharna and the priority it has in Mach Punch helps to keep faster threats in check. Ferroseed is our rocker of choice and is the team's main water check since the mixed spread can be especially hard for offensive water types to take down. Next we have standard AV Magmortar as a really solid check to sleepers like Vivillon and a wallbreaker that does well to weaken teams so that Carracosta can come through. Finally, I added Scarf Rotom-Fan since the team at this point is lacking speed + another water check so that Ferroseed isn't all we have to check them, A tricked scarf can also be useful in aiding Costa set up if needed. All in all, this team looks pretty slick so hope you have fun with it!

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass
- Signal Beam

Hitmonchan (M) @ Fist Plate
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Air Slash

Last edited:
Dentricos

Here's a pretty fun team I made around your request. Swellow is a threat to reckoned with, and it's no surprise to anyone that Gourgeist is the best bulky grass in the tier so the two can pull some shenanigans when paired together. I started off with Specs Swellow since it is the most consistent set right now and paired it with Rock Polish Rhydon since the both of them have a pretty wide range of targets, so it can be hard for opposing teams to handle both of them. Gourgeist is handy for wearing down teams with burns and leech seed while being a good stop to most physical attackers in the tier. Next, I decided to use Prinplup since I needed a Fire check + Rocks + Hazard removal so it seemed like a natural choice. I ended up going with Skuntank next to round out the defensive core since it can dispatch of psychic and ghost types that could end up giving the team trouble. Finally, Jynx is an offensive fighting check that can be downright annoying due to Lovely Kiss + Nasty Plot and can serve as a pretty solid win con if need be. Overall you'll want to start off a game getting a lot of damage off with either Jynx or Swellow so that the other can bulldoze the opponents team late game. Enjoy!

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Rock Polish

Gourgeist-Super @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Foul Play

Prinplup @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 232 Atk / 132 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot

Dundies

Carracosta is always a ton of fun to use since it's very versatile in what it can accomplish on a team. I ended up with a physically based mixed set for Costa since the strong af Aqua Jet is useful to pick off faster mons and dodge most priority. Musharna follows next as the teams main fighting resist and just something that never dies. you could probs go T-wave over Baton pass for maximum fun, but I'll leave that up to you. Hitmonchan is our spinner of choice to support the team since it has relatively good synergy with Musharna and the priority it has in Mach Punch helps to keep faster threats in check. Ferroseed is our rocker of choice and is the team's main water check since the mixed spread can be especially hard for offensive water types to take down. Next we have standard AV Magmortar as a really solid check to sleepers like Vivillon and a wallbreaker that does well to weaken teams so that Carracosta can come through. Finally, I added Scarf Rotom-Fan since the team at this point is lacking speed + another water check so that Ferroseed isn't all we have to check them, A tricked scarf can also be useful in aiding Costa set up if needed. All in all, this team looks pretty slick so hope you have fun with it!

Carracosta @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Shell Smash

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass
- Signal Beam

Hitmonchan (M) @ Fist Plate
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Air Slash
thank you :] ngl tho im not using this until drops just in case we have a chance to get rotom spin lol

Requesting a team built around a fairly common and strong mon (A- on VR) but with a set that isn't used (maybe for good reason.) A self sufficient sweeper that's most commonly used as a defensive pivot/check to fighting types.

Vileplume @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain / Solar Beam / Energy Ball

Guess the main reason I have an interest in this is because I LOVE RD Ludicolo and I love Vileplume. So I'm interested in a Plume set with the same idea in mind. I thought about using Victreebel instead and it still honestly might be better for this idea but I love Vileplumes small amount of extra bulk and feel it will give more set up opportunities + tanking random priority is nice. The extra speed allows Victree to run Modest which does make it stronger, and it also has Weatherball for a 150 damage move vs hp fire being 90. It doesn't matter against Ferro which otherwise walls you without a fire move, as hp fire OHKOs regardless, but it makes the difference big time for poison types like Garb/Skunk.

Biggest issues I see with this are its low speed even in sun- base 50 sets you at 434 with Timid or 396 with Modest. So your choice if you'd like to change the nature. Plume has base 110 SpA so it'd be nice to take advantage of Modest but Timid might be too crucial. Another issue being that unless there's some prior damage it won't be OHKO'ing unless the move is SE.

Anyways that's my idea, feel free to deny if it's unviable. Or maybe use Victree instead. I thought maybe someone could be interested in it enough to throw it on a team. Would prefer not to put it on a sun team or else you should just be running Victreebel in the first place.

I'm requesting a team based off one of my favorite fighting pokemon, Hariyama.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Main reason I like Hariyama is his ability to take hits, and hit back hard, so I would like a more bulky-offense team as an end result.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm requesting a team based off one of my favorite fighting pokemon, Hariyama.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch

Main reason I like Hariyama is his ability to take hits, and hit back hard, so I would like a more bulky-offense team as an end result.
There are multiple teams with Hariyama in the team archive at the beginning of the thread, take any of them that you like.

Requesting a team built around a fairly common and strong mon (A- on VR) but with a set that isn't used (maybe for good reason.) A self sufficient sweeper that's most commonly used as a defensive pivot/check to fighting types.

Vileplume @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Guess the main reason I have an interest in this is because I LOVE RD Ludicolo and I love Vileplume. So I'm interested in a Plume set with the same idea in mind. I thought about using Victreebel instead and it still honestly might be better for this idea but I love Vileplumes small amount of extra bulk and feel it will give more set up opportunities + tanking random priority is nice. The extra speed allows Victree to run Modest which does make it stronger, and it also has Weatherball for a 150 damage move vs hp fire being 90. It doesn't matter against Ferro which otherwise walls you without a fire move, as hp fire OHKOs regardless, but it makes the difference big time for poison types like Garb/Skunk.

Biggest issues I see with this are its low speed even in sun- base 50 sets you at 434 with Timid or 396 with Modest. So your choice if you'd like to change the nature. Plume has base 110 SpA so it'd be nice to take advantage of Modest but Timid might be too crucial. Another issue being that unless there's some prior damage it won't be OHKO'ing unless the move is SE.

Anyways that's my idea, feel free to deny if it's unviable. Or maybe use Victree instead. I thought maybe someone could be interested in it enough to throw it on a team. Would prefer not to put it on a sun team or else you should just be running Victreebel in the first place.
(check the quote for a bolding) 396 speed outpaces literally every non-scarf mon anyway, no reason to run timid. There are also probably a few rolls that are nice to get, see things like modest hp fire in sun having a shot at 2hitting garb, whereas timid does not; Sludge bomb having a bigger chance to ohko standard torkoal after rocks, if you find one; 2hkoing mushy with rocks and a spike etc... Just overall modest is a lot more helpful IMO

Last edited:

Hi Sir Kay, here's the team you requested thanks for being patient n_n

I've just used the standard moveset and Evs for Malamar since it's generally the most effective set to run. You could run a little speed investment to outspeed some threats but it's up to you. Knock off keeps psychic types at bay but just be careful of bug type coverage since that tends to be a little common and superpower is a free bulk up every time while dealing damage. Piloswine gives you a stealth rocker and a few good resists. Offensively this thing hits most of the tier hard with just it's stabs alone. Ice shard is useful priority. Rotom is always good on offence and it's there to really just revenge kill, be a spinblocker, and annoy stuff all day. Rotom brings a ton of resistances and immunities so it's able to switch in on times of the match despite being pretty frail. Choice Scarf takes care of most faster mons and I've chosen Will'o over T-bolt to cripple something like Kangaskhan or Skuntank. Arbok is a decent offensive check to fighting types and i've really just gone with the offensive coil set. I used shuca berry over black sludge as it helps with set up opportunities. Seed Bomb punishes Rhydon and Quagsire while sucker punch is priority. It's always handy to have a solid check to Mega Audino too. Jumpluff takes advantage of the current meta with all of these slower teams being weak to grass/flying stabs like Rhydon, Lanturn, Shiftry, Hitmonchan. 110 base speed is a blessing so this thing goes great on offence. Memento > Swords Dance because it helps with team members particularly Barbaracle. Sleep Powder is standard further utility. Acrobatics and Seed Bomb act as stabs although they are a bit weak. Barbaracle is another set up sweeper. Return and Razor shell hits almost everything for at least neutral damage. In the last slot I went with Substitute so it gives it a way to avoid weak attacks and status. Mons like Weezing who rely on Will'o'wisp aren't able to check you anymore. Jolly is an option over Adamant although this thing appreciates all the power it can get and you really only miss out on outspeeding a few mons like Scarf Pyroar and Scyther, +2 Ludicolo and +1 95's.

Here's a cute replay of the team doing some work.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-287015754
Enjoy the team :D

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Arbok @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Sleep Powder
- Seed Bomb
- Memento

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Return
- Razor Shell
- Substitute

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
hey , if it's not too much of a bother I'd like to recommend a Balance team with Zebstrika and Pawniard.

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Pawniard threatens out the psychics + m-audino that can come in on zebstrika, zebstrika kills quag for zebstrika, etc etc.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hey guys, can I request a core with sash vivillion+sd samu, they both are very scary in this meta and are the best set up sweepers right now imo. I hope you guys can do it. Here are the spreads:

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Energy Ball
- Hurricane

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn
- Waterfall

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mesprit @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
So yeah I sorta made up the moves and healing wish or trick or something is fine. I just remembered this being a lot of fun when people would run like 17 sets on mesprit and now they're all special offensive/defensive for the most part so I wanna remove the element of surprise by requesting it here because my builds are still shit.

Requesting a team around
and

I really like Clefairy as a pokemon in NU right now, and Weezing is a favorite of mine. I don't have any personal preferences on the sets used, so go wild :)

Vileplume @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I actually just saw your request and realized I had a team with SD Plume already lol. SunPlume is fucking unexpected and any mon which is threatened out by Defensive plume can and will get scared and switch out giving you a free setup. Crustle is really necessary to just throw hazards down because Plume isn't all that strong and the extra 12-25% makes a huge difference. Rotom + Kabu help to relieve pressure from Flying / Fire types and both between their power and speed/priority help clean after Plume has swept. Jynx and Custap Sawk are the "Catch Alls" which imo are super necessary in the super HO meta, and between Plume's sweeping strength and Crustle's hazards played well both of them should easily nab 1-2 kills a piece.
Vileplume @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sunny Day

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Jynx @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Lovely Kiss

Sawk @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

Crustle @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)