Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think, that after 20 characters revealed, they'll just update everyone's FS's where the regular character updates would be.

Think about it.
All characters but 9 have FS's posted, and 9 weeks are left of updates. Kirby, Metaknight, Wario, Ike, Ice Climbers, Snake, Fox, Zelda, and Peach.
(Not counting ZSS, but as you have to grab a smash ball to become ZSS, and with only one smash ball per game, it think it's okay to assume that ZSS doesn't get one, unless she can be chosen)

New final smash is awesome! I do kind of see why they didn't use the Elemental Hyper Beams though.

More and more rumors/theories keep getting proven wrong/true. Which will be next?...

Time out! There's only one smash ball per game? I thought that
The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once
just meant that each character can only perform a final smash once, with smash balls being rare to appear.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, if i misunderstood that, then how would it work? Would you just walk throw the rest of the smash balls? What if every character had done one? Does becoming a different character enable you to use a FS a second time?

Well, the question is, how do you become a different character? I'm assuming that the only one this would apply to would be Sheik/Zelda and the Samus forms. In which either the second Samus form doesn't have a final smash and that since Sheik/Zelda is still controlled by one player, there should be some way of limiting the final smash.

As for the balls, they could easily encode it so that it cuts off after x amount appears or after x amount of final smashes have been used? Just a guess here, since I know nothing about making video games and I'm not sure if it would acutally work.

I really really like the fanservice and detail these guys are putting into the game. Case in point: Resetti and PT's dialogue boxes. With this kind of detail and the anticipated amount of features in the game...I'm very excited for this thing. :D I'm hoping there will be a shitload of things to do in the game...it sure looks like it.

I think he sort of implied that they are trying to make a working wifi tourney mode when he was talking about how they wanted to make it useful for people who didn't have a lot of friends... maybe thats just me though.

Ok, I just had a thought.

What if this picture is the title screen except without the "tourney" and it had a different background. It's just a thought not what I'm hoping.

about the one time final smash thing, i'd presume it meant 1 final smash PER ITEM BALL, as opposed to your normal special moves which are unlimited, but maybe im wrong

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Mode sucked in Melee and it looks like it'll suck in Brawl. How come they're not including something as simple as BEST OF 3 matches.

Anyway, if this is to be believed, we'll have info at the Nintendo conference on October 10th. And more third parties from Snake confirmed according to the Nintendo rep.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=139687

firestorm said:
Tournament Mode sucked in Melee and it looks like it'll suck in Brawl. How come they're not including something as simple as BEST OF 3 matches.

Anyway, if this is to be believed, we'll have info at the Nintendo conference on October 10th. And more third parties from Snake confirmed according to the Nintendo rep.

dude, if all that is true that's going to be freaking amazing. Brawl playable AND more 3rd parties being unveiled!?!?! NICE

anyways nice find, I'm marking my calendar for that

^ Wow, thanks for posting, firestorm!

The tournament mode looks cool. I hope they incorporate something more than just what Melee had. I did like fighting Tournaments though with different characters in different brackets.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We didn't see the section of "More Rules" now did we? Then again, it may not have it. Though, we could hope for the best.

Firestorm said:

To be quite honest, I would believe this. The conference part at least. Usually, Nintendo does have a private conference. Who knows though, it might be completely wrong and end up being at E For All. We do know that at least 1 more 3rd Party character will be there, assuming the person is correct. However, we can't believe it until we hear/know about it. The 10th isn't that far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)