ORAS OU My First Team, Feedback Appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mix of pokemon I really enjoy that I thought hit most of the points I needed to cover in a team! Completely open to feedback and appreciate any advice you can give!

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit

Scizor is the core of my team here, and my go to sweeper once I feel I have a grasp on their fire threats. I'm still toying with Roost vs. Pursuit, as pursuit has some much needed coverage, while roost could allow Scizor to take additional hits.

Arcanine @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Roar

Arcanine is my resident switch in to cover Scizor's weakness, as well as the physical bulk for my team. With will-o-wisp, roar, and morning sun he is able to whittle down opponents and force rotations on top of Stealth Rock.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Hydregion fills the role of primary Special Sweeper in this team, and handles many dragon threats well. I use him as a switch in to cover Arcanine pretty often, as his immunity to earthquake is huge.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

My Sp Def wall, as well as my scouting and healing pokemon. Hyper voice serves me well in covering for a lack of fairy moves in my team, and wish and heal bell are great for keeping my sweepers healthy.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Starmie is my alternate switch in for my massive fire weekness that scizor and Ferrothorn represent. Also gives me a rapid spin to work with, and has nice coverage across the board. Still toying with running recover, but unsure which move I would give up.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

My go to lead, and the other physical bulk of my team. Usually gets off an easy stealth rock, and if not in immediate danger, can dig in with leech seed and usually force some switches from the enemy team. Probably the pokemon I'm least sold on within the team.

Last edited:
Hey, looks like a cool team, but I have a few suggestions

As you mentioned, Roost can be a better move on Scizor than Pursuit, and for the things you could Pursuit trap, such as Starmie, Latios/Latias, or Gengar, either have a coverage move like Hidden Power Fire or Will-O-Wisp, or can be dealt with by the rest of your team fairly easily. Because of this, I would recommend Roost for survivability or Knock Off if you are really worried about Dark coverage. Knock Off also helps you deal with Pokemon like Chansey by Knocking off its Eviolite, which the rest of your team could have a problem with.

Since you aren't running Intimidate or Extreme Speed on Arcinine, Heatran outclasses it as a Fire immune wall. Heatran does lack reliable recovery, but it makes up for it with superior stats, typing, and access to Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock on Heatran also frees up a move slot on Ferrothorn for Spikes, Protect, or Power Whip. (I would recommend Power Whip as it improves your match up against bulky Water types, as well as Keldeo)
Heatran Set:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp
- Roar / Will-O-Wisp / Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Your team is also a bit stall weak, Scizor is your only answer to Chansey, defensive Sylveon is your only answer to Mega Sableye, and without Power Whip on Ferrothorn, Quagsire can be a problem. To fix this I would say running Azumarill over Sylveon, as it keeps your Steel-Dragon-Fairy core intact, but Azumarill is a very, very powerful wallbreaker with a Choice Band.
Azumarill Set:
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

I hope this helps, good luck with the team!

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)