Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Someone's Salamence used Outrage 7 times in a row without getting confused, after the seventh one, he got confused and ate a lum berry. I thought it was only good for 2-3 turns. How'd this guy manage 7?

Someone's Salamence used Outrage 7 times in a row without getting confused, after the seventh one, he got confused and ate a lum berry. I thought it was only good for 2-3 turns. How'd this guy manage 7?
It's indeed only good for 2-3 turns, so it's a bit weird. Can you give a detailed description of the situation?

It's indeed only good for 2-3 turns, so it's a bit weird. Can you give a detailed description of the situation?
It was on Pokemon Showdown, so maybe it was an error with that. It used Outrage on my Vaporeon, I tried protect/wish stalling for confusion. Normally against Salamence using Outrage, Vaporeon can survive 3 with stalling, but it just kept going. I expected a Lum berry, but the indication that it got confused or ate it's lum berry never came up. After the third outrage, I decided to use Scald, betting on confusion, as my team had been worn down by this point. But the outrages kept going until I was left with nothing but Azelf and confusion finally set in. Salamence broke through the confusion and won. I guess it was scarfed?

If you protected before the third turn, it will unlock from the outrage cycle and not get confused. This resets the count and allows it to open a new Outrage cycle.

EDIT.: You were indeed Protect stalling...

Last edited:

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to program a custom tag for this Smogon Forum, like the [replay][/replay] one. Who/Where should I look for?
I'm pretty sure user submitted custom tags aren't something that happens. What kind of tag were you looking for? Upper staff probably will be able to implement it themselves if it's a really good idea.

How do I PM somebody? Being new to smogon, I don't know how to PM somebody, and a lot of people say "PM me for this" or "PM me for that".

How do I PM somebody? Being new to smogon, I don't know how to PM somebody, and a lot of people say "PM me for this" or "PM me for that".
Mostly, usernames are clickable. Click on it, and then a menu should pop up. Press "Start Conversation", and you're good to go.

EDIT: Wow, my internet messed up and sent this reply 15 minutes late. Glad you already got helped in the meantime :')

I'm pretty sure user submitted custom tags aren't something that happens. What kind of tag were you looking for? Upper staff probably will be able to implement it themselves if it's a really good idea.
I was going to do a XenForo addon to make some cool things with importables, mostly for the RMTs but there is cases were it would be used out of there. I already dropped the idea anyways, as making something that outputs BBCode would suit this one better.

To PM somebody, you press on their name or profile picture, than press the "Start a Conversation" link. Now u just need to put in the name of the conversation and say what you need to send it and the PM is sent and you should get a reply soon.
EDIT: OMG so many people replied

I was wondering about the 'Battling 101' system. The current method of the way tutees and tutors signup and play together seems to make me beg the question, is there another time schedule that would work better? The time schedule seems to be pretty long, and I realize that this is because of the extended time with a tutee. However, I feel as though a rotating schedule would work more efficiently, and also provide more signup dates, for those with the inconvenience. Just a little thought, I'm not saying the system is bad, but I was wondering if any other time schedules and/or battle plans were considered. Thank you for your time!

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was wondering about the 'Battling 101' system. The current method of the way tutees and tutors signup and play together seems to make me beg the question, is there another time schedule that would work better? The time schedule seems to be pretty long, and I realize that this is because of the extended time with a tutee. However, I feel as though a rotating schedule would work more efficiently, and also provide more signup dates, for those with the inconvenience. Just a little thought, I'm not saying the system is bad, but I was wondering if any other time schedules and/or battle plans were considered. Thank you for your time!
Best thing to do would be to give Plus your suggestion :)

Hi - I'm new to the Smogon forum (not to the game(s), however), and I was wondering where (if at all) there was a good place to post about X/Y Friend Safari exchanges? Here? In the Wifi section? Somewhere else? Nowhere? :o\

Any pointers to the relevant place would be greatly appreciated (if it exists).

Thanks.

Hi - I'm new to the Smogon forum (not to the game(s), however), and I was wondering where (if at all) there was a good place to post about X/Y Friend Safari exchanges? Here? In the Wifi section? Somewhere else? Nowhere? :o\

Any pointers to the relevant place would be greatly appreciated (if it exists).

Thanks.
You can try the Simple Questions/Requests thread in the Wi-Fi section.

I personally hate reddit, but theres a board/subreddit(?) dedicated to Friend Safari here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)