Tournament BLT II: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Lasagne said:
thats not how tournaments work. as a tier is updated, the tournament is also updated to follow those changes, otherwise you're playing a different tier. 2 players in a matchup can agree to not use the drops if they want, but you can't alter a tier on a whim. people committed to playing these tiers, they should be competent enough to deal with a few changes.
If you really want to use the changes and your opponent agrees, go for it, but for the sake of uniformity (especially considering how late into the tournament we are) I'd like to keep the tiers stable. I hope you can respect my decision.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
for the sake of uniformity we'll be going against how other tours are run including seasonals, opens, etc so that players don't have to play the tier they're slotted for

like I'm the last person to care but I'd at least like to know why bc I don't get it

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok first off, this is a tournament run by tournaments chat. It is not an official smogon tournament, so any precedents set there do not apply here. I discussed it with other room owners, and we decided, given the majority of the user base of this tour, we would keep the tiers stable. Obviously some people are offended by that, so please refer to my previous post where I stated you can use the tier shifts if that makes you happy.

Do you plan on keeping the same ruling for finals? If so, it'll be more than half a month since the tier shift and still not using the new drops/rises, which seems a little ridiculous. If not, I think it's better players can get used to it this week and it would be odd to change something right before the most important games of the tour.

Reactions: MZ
That doesn't answer my question. I'm asking if you plan on keeping the default as not using the tier shift because there's problems associated with doing so that you haven't addressed at all.

Might as well predict the remaining matches

Fletchinder Eterna (2) vs. (5) Celestic Celebis
Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Dominatio - good match, but Dom has this I think
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Updated Kanto - This match is gonna be intense, but UK is on fire rn
UU: Pak / Pakmasta vs. Do A Bibarel - already won
RU: naruto(sage) vs. Roseybear Has been performing well so far
NU: M&M suspect test vs. Jarii m&m did great in the tiebreaker, but its Jarii this time sooooo yeah
LC: Lepros vs. OP After losing to DEG, OP has sworn never to lose again
DOU: miltankmilk vs. Lasagne Currently looking unstoppable, but this should be a fire match

Highlight matches:
Ubers: pokeblade101 / PK-XxBladezxX-101 vs. Dominatio
OU: Hairy Toenail vs. Updated Kanto
DOU: miltankmilk vs. Lasagne

and imo

LC: majaspic22 vs. BreloomMyHomie / TechSupportBreloom
UU: UU: Jordn / Jrdn vs. Eyan
gl everyone!

He didn't played me in any sense he made every normal play he could do and just hitting what in front of him and clicking random buttons..
Goin for the obvious play when opp overlredicts doesnt mean you are bad or have no idea what you are doin...+ he showed he is a solid player overall

I felt I was in a position I didnt need to overpredict... I learned the hard way in the match against Purpedoosh that overpredicting is the shittiest thing you could do if you dont have to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)