Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
Hey shadestep here is the team you requested with Zeb / Pawniard. The first thing that came to mind when I saw your core was creating a spikes staking team since Pawniard is able to punish Defoggers with Defiant and Zebstrika is able to take advantage of hazards since it forces switches really easily and appreciates the residual damage from Spikes / Rocks. This obviously led to Crustle being added since its a really nice dedicated lead, and I have EQ in order to not be set up bait for RP Rhydon and Klinklang which could otherwise be threatening. Mismagius was added as a way to break defensive teams w/ taunt and as a SpinBlocker since it can block all spinners in order for you to keep hazards up. Lilligant was added as a offensive water check with Yache so you aren't revenged by Piloswine and can set up on Floatzel. Hariyama was the last member since it provides a Fire check as well as a really reliable Special Wall and hits extremely hard with CCs.

This team functions best when you keep up offensive pressure with Mismagius / Pawniard in order to keep hazards up, which means even switching in and maybe even just sacrificing Mismagius in order to keep up hazards and have another mon on your team revenge them after Mismagius dies. Sorry if this team isn't as balancey as you would like, but the core you provided really leans itself to offense due to the frailty of the mons.

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Defog

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Hey BanScald here is the Physical Normal Spam team you requested. I went with the two mandatory normal types first, and decided to stick with no protect on either of them. This is mainly because they both really miss having Quick Attack in order to revenge faster mons and get their Toxic Orb's off. Mesprit was then added as a Rocker, Fighting Check, and Slow U-Turner. Lanturn was the next mon on the team as a Fire-check and a water check as well as being able to lure in Steel-types for the normals with HP Fire. Shiftry was then added as a faster revenge killer and a way to remove hazards with defog. Scyther was the last edition to the team, and its one of the key members to how the team functions. With Swords Dance + Baton Pass its goal is to pass Swords Dance boosts to Swellow / Zangoose / Shiftry in order to sweep with the late game. Hopefully you like the team n_n
thanks so much! Team looks promising, will try it out soon :]

<--- made a vid this morning about the team, but I'm quiet as shit so I'll give a rundown of what I said.

The team is really solid, but having shiftry as the psychic resist, and rotom-fan+offensive plume as the fight check did not appeal to me, so I switched it to CM mushy and Mixed skuntank w/ pursuit+defog+hp grass and a lot of spatk. I felt this gave me a really good dark check, more solid than shift at least. Then mush is mush is mush is fighting resist. Bad playing on my part probably affected my experience of the team, because that was half an hour before I needed to leave for school, at 8 am. But yeah, shoutouts to hollywood for another very solid team.

Official Team Score: Great

e: o that's dank, you can watch the vid on smogon lmao

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
thanks lolbro! i would probably never use the team in that form but that's because i Really hate skuntank, but i'm glad it's working out for you!

Liepard @ Life Orb
Ability: Limber
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse/Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Something around mixed cat would be pretty cool, most prslaye only see it as a weather setter/way of beating cm psychics, so I wanted to try out a new set that ended up working decently well, gunk shot hits mega audino and shiftry, grass knot OHKO's ddance rhydon and 2HKO's regirock, also has a great chance of knocking out tank costa after rocks. Sucker helps against faster threats like floatzel (OHKO after rocks), archeops, tauros, and all those things.

I don't think this fits really well on balance, so bulky offense/hyper offense is the prefered playstyle.

Liepard @ Life Orb
Ability: Limber
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse/Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Something around mixed cat would be pretty cool, most prslaye only see it as a weather setter/way of beating cm psychics, so I wanted to try out a new set that ended up working decently well, gunk shot hits mega audino and shiftry, grass knot OHKO's ddance rhydon and 2HKO's regirock, also has a great chance of knocking out tank costa after rocks. Sucker helps against faster threats like floatzel (OHKO after rocks), archeops, tauros, and all those things.

I don't think this fits really well on balance, so bulky offense/hyper offense is the prefered playstyle.
there was a team built around GK (cat) a few pages back, im not sure if Kiyo 's lazy bum has updated the op, but you could probably replace the GK pard with your set and have a perfectly fine team

there was a team built around GK (cat) a few pages back, im not sure if Kiyo 's lazy bum has updated the op, but you could probably replace the GK pard with your set and have a perfectly fine team
It couldn't find it in the OP so I thought it wasn't built yet, thanks .

Hey guys. I have been looking for help building a team (obviously why im here) built around a defensive quagsire

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

I want toxic over curse because I have toxic stalled so many mons with quag as my last mon (desperate times call for desperate measures).

I have trouble finding a solid mon that can tank grass moves but also fit well into a team. I thought about eviolite scyther, but im not entirerly sure how those two synergize. Perhaps assualt vest magmortar? You guys are surely much better than me at building teams (I got to about 1350 with one team but couldnt break that at all). The more explanation in your reasoning the better! Thank you so much!

hey guys is it possible to have a team with both a malamar and a tauros in it?

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Substitute

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt

change the sets as you wish too,

not too concerned about the playstyle, but would definitely prefer an offensive playstyle. thanks a lot n_n

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mesprit @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
So yeah I sorta made up the moves and healing wish or trick or something is fine. I just remembered this being a lot of fun when people would run like 17 sets on mesprit and now they're all special offensive/defensive for the most part so I wanna remove the element of surprise by requesting it here because my builds are still shit.
I feel like 19 days is long enough to bump this? I'm fairly certain I haven't missed the team being posted
E: didn't know the thing below was a thing

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I would add the spo.ink link to the op if it isn't already in there. Also, as an update myself and Shaneghoul (and maybe meta if he's on later) are gonna try to knock out a bunch of requests that haven't been done yet over the weekend so that we can have as much of a clean slate as possible for when thanksgiving rolls around and whatnot.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
So I've actually been wanting to build around Malamar for a while, but I've never really been able to fit it into my builds since I love offense. Using SubMalamar is a great fit for Offense though, as it break through a lot of common check for offensive teams, and running Psycho Cut is great to lure in a bunch of common threats to the other sweepers on this team. Tauros is also great on this team as it fits in perfectly as a fast revenge killer which is needed on most common forms of offense. Anyway, the next mon I added was Sawk as it really appreciates fighting resists that can take a CC worn down from SuperPowers from Malamar, and appreciates Malamar's Dark STAB to remove Psychic / Ghost types that like to switch into CC. Psycho Cut on Malamar also helps to lure in Poison Types like Garbodor, Weezing, and Vileplume all of which are common answers to both Malamar and Sawk (and Lilligant as well). I then needed Hazard support for Sawk's Sturdy and Rocks of my own, so thats where Prinplup came into play. It is just the standard set that gets up Rocks and removes hazards from your side of the field. Rotom was the added as a Fighting Check and a Normal Check, with a bit of a more defensive spread in order to fit both of these roles better. You can run Colbur > Sitrus, but I just like getting a bit of HP without having to Pain Split. Lilligant was added in at the end as a strong special attacker that appreciates poison and steel types weakened for a late game sweep. You can also make Lilligant something like HP Rock or HP Ground for AV Mag, but I'm not the biggest fan of those sets.

Hope you like the team Sonired n_n and don't forget to leave feedback​

Last edited:
First off, on mobile, cant get spreads n shit.

Could I get an very very very heavily offenseively based voltturn team around the core of choice specs lanturn and either choice specs lanturn or cb ape. An underrated setup sweeper along with the wallbreakers would be cool but not necessary. Tagging Brawlfest because he's a "lazy nigga who doesnt like to play more than 15 turns" or hollywood because he likes offensive pressure in his teams. Sorry for request spamming you holly

E: nice name change nerd
E2: not double lanturn, specs swellow or cb ape

Last edited:
So I've actually been wanting to build around Malamar for a while, but I've never really been able to fit it into my builds since I love offense. Using SubMalamar is a great fit for Offense though, as it break through a lot of common check for offensive teams, and running Psycho Cut is great to lure in a bunch of common threats to the other sweepers on this team. Tauros is also great on this team as it fits in perfectly as a fast revenge killer which is needed on most common forms of offense. Anyway, the next mon I added was Sawk as it really appreciates fighting resists that can take a CC worn down from SuperPowers from Malamar, and appreciates Malamar's Dark STAB to remove Psychic / Ghost types that like to switch into CC. Psycho Cut on Malamar also helps to lure in Poison Types like Garbodor, Weezing, and Vileplume all of which are common answers to both Malamar and Sawk (and Lilligant as well). I then needed Hazard support for Sawk's Sturdy and Rocks of my own, so thats where Prinplup came into play. It is just the standard set that gets up Rocks and removes hazards from your side of the field. Rotom was the added as a Fighting Check and a Normal Check, with a bit of a more defensive spread in order to fit both of these roles better. You can run Colbur > Sitrus, but I just like getting a bit of HP without having to Pain Split. Lilligant was added in at the end as a strong special attacker that appreciates poison and steel types weakened for a late game sweep. You can also make Lilligant something like HP Rock or HP Ground for AV Mag, but I'm not the biggest fan of those sets.

Hope you like the team Sonired n_n and don't forget to leave feedback​
Thanks a lot for the team, i'll try it out later :D looks very promising

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I come bearing the gift of teams!

I dedicate this post to best mon in the tier, Musharna.

Ren-chon

I present to you, Musharna semi-stall. Can't blame you for requesting this, but man was this a pain for me to think up. Went through probably at least 5 different variants of this before I found one I was happy with. Sure was worth it since I actually had a ton of fun testing this out on the ladder. Anyway, let's get to the team. First we have Barrier Musharna with a slightly tweaked ev spread to better handle Magmortar and for easier set up on special attackers. I found the spread on forums a couple of days ago and it's one I actually enjoy using a lot, so hope that's ok. Next we have Garbodor for some yummy synergy with Musharna and easy spike stack. Also gives us a really solid check to fighting types alongside Musharna. Next up we have Piloswine for rocks support, also another mag check in a pinch. Mantine follows next and contributes a super reliable form of hazard control plus a solid special wall to really fatten this team up. Speed evs on it let you bop adamant Rhydon, and Haze is nice to keep set up from the likes of samurott in check. Audino is next as our entire metagame resist, with a standard Wish-Protect set to keep the entire team going strong. Mismagius keeps this team from being too gross and I originally had a Nasty Plot set, but the stallbreaker set is wayy too good on this team to pass up since it really helps to wear stuff down with Hex and wisp. One thing you need to keep in mind over the long term is winning the hazard game and being mindful of the most optimal times to defog with Mantine or wear shit down with Garb. This was quite the challenge, but it was a ton of fun to build, enjoy!
Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Haze

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split

ssunbae

Now we switch gears from stall to a more offensive build featuring special e-vire. The choice of ability on Electivire is up to you. I went with Vital Spirit to help with the match up vs sleepers, but Motor Drive has its benefits as well. Bulky Scyther is nice on this squad since Electivire has ways to weaken steel and rock types, also forms a great volt turn core. Sawk is so good on these types of builds since it has just enough speed to beat so many things and Sturdy is a nice one time check to faster mons. Carracosta gives us rocks support while being no slouch at offense since Aqua Jet lets you keep up momentum. Defog Shiftry is nice since it helps to smack around Lanturn for Electivire while preserving Scyther's health and Sawk's Sturdy. CM Musharna is our secondary fighting check and win condition, also makes a good defensive core with costa. You'll typically want to lead with Sawk to provide immediate pressure on your opponents team and weaken everything so that E-vire can come through late game. Anyways, enjoy the team and have fun playing n_n
Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Wing Attack
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Scald

Shiftry @ Black Glasses
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

I feel like 19 days is long enough to bump this? I'm fairly certain I haven't missed the team being posted
E: didn't know the thing below was a thing

Code:
Mesprit @ Choice Band  
Jolly Nature  
- Zen Headbutt  
- U-turn  
- Knock Off  
- Fire Punch  

Primeape @ Choice Band  
Jolly Nature  
- Close Combat  
- Gunk Shot  
- Ice Punch  
- U-turn  

Cacturne @ Life Orb  
Ability: Water Absorb  
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Rash Nature  
- Giga Drain  
- Dark Pulse  
- Sucker Punch  
- Spikes  

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf  
Ability: Scrappy  
Adamant Nature  
- Fake Out  
- Double-Edge  
- Earthquake  
- Sucker Punch  

Sandslash @ Yache Berry  
Ability: Sand Veil  
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock  
- Rapid Spin  

Rotom @ Sitrus Berry  
Timid Nature  
- Hex  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Pain Split  
- Volt Switch
Hey bud so pretty much I saw CBSprit and couldn't resist doing CB Mesprit + CB Ape cause that's just the sickest core in existance. Both have stupid strong U-Turns and STABs and it's really funny especially with hazards up to watch how easily you can go between the two. You could run Defiant Ape to protect hazards more, but I prefer vital spirit because stuff like Rose and Lilligant and Vivillon is in much higher concentration rn and I want that flexibility of playing aggressively. I wanted to make sure I had spikes for a team like this because it really gives both of the above mons more flexibility in how they want to play and makes U-Turn have a lot more bite to it rather than having to click appropriate coverage / STAB (prediction is overrated), so I chose Cacturne. Cacturne also acts as this team's water switchin, and in a pinch acts as a great Psychic Killer / RKer (although TBH no psychic type is coming in safely beacuse they all try to check the CB mons and get bopped). Sitrus Rotom is because this team is stupid weak to stuff like SD Samu and Klinklang and so you can check them in a pinch as well as spinblock, Khan + Spikes is just fucking dumb so why the hell not and plus you can catch lilligant and other bullshit. In terms of Sandslash, I wanted a decently bulky SR user with spins, Yache is because everything else on this team gets fucking blasted through and so having that bait for Jynx or Aurorus is really helpful to kill them early, I also prefer Stone Edge over knock off for this reason because it kills most ices a lot more reliably and will catch Scyther + Archeops's sorry asses which like to stay in on sandslash anyways, and plus most of this team kills opposing ghosts anyways (everything bar primeape) so it really doesn't matter for spinning purposes.

have fun (y)

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mandatory feedback just became a really awkward rule bc this team is really trash. So yeah I don't like this but long post criticizing a guy who went out of his way to give me a team incoming.

I get that it's supposed to be offense and u can pivot around people and wear down shit w/dual CB users so it's not exactly meant to have switch-ins to things but there's a fine line between that and simply getting destroyed by certain threats. Like the below replay is the ideal functioning of the team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-296482153 wear down bulky balance/semistall/stall teams who have nothing for dual CB

here's how it performs in practice most of the time
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-296669643 lose at team preview bc nothing to switch into gurdurr/little for skunk and combusken
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-296666351 get rekt by random stupid things like scarf zweilous because you have nothing for anything holding a choice scarf

There's almost no way to play around a single bit of hax or a serious mispredict because it has nothing to sorta backup sweep and nothing that can be excepted to outspeed everything on opposing teams. Not always essential, but not sure how you can make a decent team if it has no reliable way to play back around an opponent if they just dodge one thing or somth. It needs to be played perfectly to have any sort of shot at barely taking the win, which doesnt exactly make it the ideal team to give to people either. Like u can sorta beat gurdurr if u get rotom/mesprit in perfectly before bulks, but u have to run around it every single time and it's only KOd by mesprit or wearing it down by sacking three things. You get to basically click x vs a well played gurdurr/archeops/samurott/tauros/insert literally any fast thing that u only have two priority users to check which is never gonna get anywhere. I think there's a reason that offense generally carries a revenge killer not limited to the one turn fake out or unreliable sucker punch, and normally has a scarfer so that your really frail team isn't also slower than everything else. My plan vs fast shit is either fake out 3 times to kill it, or let mesprit get weakened and pray that they don't have a teammate that needed mesprit gone (they usually do). If somebody can prove that I'm playing poorly and just not handling the offensive style well then that'd be cool, but I seriously doubt I'm just missing some magical way to play around Jynx.

I get that these aren't supposed to be top quality teams by any means and functions more as a way to learn NU, but all I learned is that u can scarf a magmortar and that still works vs this team

Last edited:

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Hey RevilKommander, I actually went through quite a few builds with this team, and in the end I decided on a more offensive team built around breaking bulky water types in order for late game Frog / Klinklang sweeps. On deciding the sets, I just went with standard hazard stacking Crustle to get up hazards quickly, and then went with U-Turn offensive frogadier with standard moves. U-Turn is great since you can pivot around mons like Lanturn / Hariyama which are common switch ins. I then wanted a team member that could be pivoted into against the bulky water types, and thats where Shiftry and Rotom-S fit in. Both of these together form a great offensive core that threatens a lot of the bulkier teams in the meta. Klinklang was the next partner as it really appreciates bulky waters being weakened, as well as steel types that are crippled by Rotom + Shiftry. For the last slot I wanted another all out attacker that is helped by hazards, so Offensive Mesprit was added. The coverage is basically standard, with Energy ball for bulky Ground / Rock types, Signal Beam for other Psychics and Darks, and then a strong STAB in Psychic. Healing Wish is great on offense since you can bring Shiftry / Klinklang back to life once they get weakened in order for a late game sweep.

The team is a bit slow, so you can make either Rotom / Mesprit Scarf, but I just like having the freedom of all out attacking and weakneing teams w/ the combination of coverage + hazards, so its up to you. All nicknames come from Garden of Delete from Oneohtrix Point Never which is a pretty sweet Electronic Album if you like that kind of music.

edit: @below, i just don't want to lose random tour matches if its proven that i used a illegal moveset :[

Last edited:
^^^
Just a minor thing, I'm pretty leaf blade became compatible with sucker punch for some reason so seed bomb is pointless.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
^^^
Just a minor thing, I'm pretty leaf blade became compatible with sucker punch for some reason so seed bomb is pointless.
It's never actually been compatible. There are a few learnset issues like this that have been around since the beginning of OR/AS. Fixing the pre-evolution learnset checker on PS is actually on Joim's to-do list iirc, so it should be implemented at some point.

As a general rule if you can't physically get one on cartridge you shouldn't be using it, and if you don't have the means to test or simply don't care to you should be prepared for the consequences if you fuck up.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, the OP is up to date (or at least will be before I go to bed tonight). Builders, from now on please use the below format when posting your teams. It will make everyone's life easier at the cost of a few seconds of your time. Thanks.

Team Name
Requested by:
Built by:
SPRITES GO HERE, USE THIS: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php

A description of the team for the user should go below this information.

Please don't include a type of playstyle in "Team Name", take sprites directly from FullLifeGames Sprite Converter, and don't put clever titles in the hide tags please. I've left an example below.

Code:
Samurott + Torterra
Requested by: SotheBlacKnight
Built by: iplaytennislol
[IMG]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/503.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/389.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/110.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/467.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/178.png[/IMG][IMG]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/479.png[/IMG]
[hide]Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpD / 128 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Def / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- U-turn

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp[/hide]

Hey RevilKommander, I actually went through quite a few builds with this team, and in the end I decided on a more offensive team built around breaking bulky water types in order for late game Frog / Klinklang sweeps. On deciding the sets, I just went with standard hazard stacking Crustle to get up hazards quickly, and then went with U-Turn offensive frogadier with standard moves. U-Turn is great since you can pivot around mons like Lanturn / Hariyama which are common switch ins. I then wanted a team member that could be pivoted into against the bulky water types, and thats where Shiftry and Rotom-S fit in. Both of these together form a great offensive core that threatens a lot of the bulkier teams in the meta. Klinklang was the next partner as it really appreciates bulky waters being weakened, as well as steel types that are crippled by Rotom + Shiftry. For the last slot I wanted another all out attacker that is helped by hazards, so Offensive Mesprit was added. The coverage is basically standard, with Energy ball for bulky Ground / Rock types, Signal Beam for other Psychics and Darks, and then a strong STAB in Psychic. Healing Wish is great on offense since you can bring Shiftry / Klinklang back to life once they get weakened in order for a late game sweep.

The team is a bit slow, so you can make either Rotom / Mesprit Scarf, but I just like having the freedom of all out attacking and weakneing teams w/ the combination of coverage + hazards, so its up to you. All nicknames come from Garden of Delete from Oneohtrix Point Never which is a pretty sweet Electronic Album if you like that kind of music.

edit: @below, i just don't want to lose random tour matches if its proven that i used a illegal moveset :[
Ty for giving me this team. I'll use it and see if i like it, but at a first glance I definetly think I will!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)