ORAS OU Mega-Gard is my Guardian

Mega Gardevoir is probably my all time favorite mega to use. Not only is this pokemon the picture of sophisticated grace, but also hits insanely hard. I have built other teams for this mon, but none I am nearly as happy about, or that's undergone so many changes. In fact, the only original mons on this entire team is magnezone, which has switched between specs and scarf (this even started as a mega altaria team)

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Mega gard was chosen as it not only has an insanely spammable move, but also is a premier stall breaker. The set is pretty basic, however I did choose to run timid over modest for the extra speed, which allows me to speed tie with zard y, which could be a problem if thundurus goes down. Will-O-Wisp was chosen over taunt as it can stop scizor on switch in, or even make it useless if i predict him to use superpower trying to catch my magnezone.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Making this Landorus a bulky attacking one over defensive was tested and thought about a lot, but i decided that this set was best. I needed stealth rock for sure, and i saw landorus as the best option. I decided to go with the set I did, as i do not see the need for defensive on my team, let me explain why. Charizard x i am not afraid of, as I have thundurus, which beats many physical pokemon with t-wave, i also have a focus sash breloom if needed to but something to sleep, or just revenge kill.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Basic set is basic, and needs no explanation. I decided to use magnezone as scizor and ferrothorn are the main threats to gardevoir, as it can easily sweep without them. Magnezone also beats many other pokemon in the meta that could be problems, namely weavile, keldeo, and kyurem black.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Breloom is so good, that I'm surprised it isn't uused more often. I chose the focus sash set over toxic orb, not only because I see toxic orb as sweet pickles (a good try but still bad), but the sash works better on my team. The sash provides a check to many sweepers, allowing me to spore, or even that rock tomb is spammable as it drops speed. Mach punch also gives me late game sweeping options, as well as a check to sand rush excadrill and bisharp.

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus not only gives me a reliable t-waver, but also a check to tornadus, and yet another one to scizor. Thundurs was also added as i saw a huge weakness to azumarill. Nasty plot was added over focus blast as I saw extra power on my thunderbolt more necessary than fighting coverage.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 253 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

I needed a rapid spin, and starmie seemed like the obvious choice. The offensive set was used, as not only does it fit the rest of my team. Scald is for spammability and psychic is for mega venusaur. I chose psychic not only for mega venusaur, but also because chansey is not a threat because I have breloom and lando. I chose natural cure over analytic, so that I can use starmie to take status moves, such as a heatran's toxic on switch in.

Final Thoughts
I love mega gard, and have had a lot of success with this ho team. I feel as if I have accounted for nearly every large threat in ou, however I do have a problem with rain teams in general. Maybe I can fix this with hippo over lando, but i am weary of making that switch as lando works so well on the team.

Hey man nice team you got there. I love M-Gardevoir too it's such a threatening pokemon.

As of now, your team struggles to switch in to the likes of Keldeo, Charizard-Y, TG Manaphy, and is very easily overwhelmed by fast electric types, Fairy-types, dark-types like Weavile and Bisharp.

>
Keldeo provides you with a really nice check to Bisharp and Weavile, which are really big threats at the moment, and with a solid wallbreaker that forms a pretty fearsome duo with M-Gardevoir. You can opt for a Scarf or a Specs set, I'd go for Scarf if you'd like to improve your matchup vs Offense, or Specs if you'd like to break apart balance teams. Keep in mind that this is your Knock Off switch in to Bisharp and Weavile so you'll have to maneuver your plays to ensure that this doesn't get overwhelmed. Keldeo can also check Scizor and Ferrothorn pretty well.

>
Now that you have a Keldeo, I think Steel-types are checked pretty well by it. I think this makes Magnezone redundant on the team, and considering how your team struggles vs stuff like Keldeo, Raikou, Thundurus, and M-Manectric, I'd suggest Latias over Magnezone. Latias can provide the team with HW support, which gives any of your pokemon the chance to break the opponent's team once more to the point where something else can clean up. Latias is a solid check to the aforementioned threats and retains hazard removal.

I'd just run SD over U-Turn on Landorus, and Smack Down over Stone Edge. This is a really nice lure that allows you to hit Skarmory and Rotom-W with Earthquake and gives the team an additional wallbreaker.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish/Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

yo. Right away i can see how threatening other eletric types. Things like Raikou and manetric can 2 hit ko everything on ur team espeically manetric-mega since it can flamethrower ur mag and hp ice ur breloom and it can also just volt switch if it gets a bad matchup as it outspeeds everything on ur team. This is why i would recommend hippowdown over landorous-theiran. Hippowdown is a better check to all the hard hitting physical hitters then landorous since it can recover with slack off unlike landorous. Hippowdown also dosent give bisharp a defiant boost and can also not get 2koed by lopunny-mega. But the down side of hippo over lando is that u lose momentum without u-turn but u gain an cosistent eletric check and lopunny-mega/bisharp and other hard hitting physical hitter check.

Also u said that mag can deal with weavile. But weavile outspeeds scarf magnezone and can hit u with a low kick. This is why i think u should run magneton over mangezone. Magneton still lets u trap scizor/ferros while at the same time outspeeding weaviles/scarf keldeos/scarf kyurem which were all mentioned in what u wanted magnezone to deal with. So magneton is just a faster magnezone which dosent hurt this team. The only thing i can see that magnezone does that magneton dosent is not get leech seed protect stalled by ferro but u just need to weaken ferro to put it in range of focous blast from gardevoir.

I also think wil-o-wisp is not needed on gard since u are trapping the scizors/ferros anyways and u can just kill them. So i would recommend running taunt over wil-o-wisp on gardevoir to let u deal with stall better because without taunt stall can be harder to deal with as chansey can stall u down.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Hippowdown>landorus-therian so u can have a cosistent lopunny-mega/electric switch in
Magneton>magnezone so u can outspeed weavile/scarf keldeo/scaf kyurem
Taunt > wil-o-wisp on gardevoir-mega allows u to have a good stallbreaker since wil-o-wisp isn't needed because they are being trapped

Thank you for the suggestions! I never even thought of using magneton, but it really helps a lot. The only change I will not be making though it taunt over will-o-wisp. I really like will-o over taunt so that i can cripple pokemon like mega metagross and scizor on the switch ins.

Hey man nice team you got there. I love M-Gardevoir too it's such a threatening pokemon.

As of now, your team struggles to switch in to the likes of Keldeo, Charizard-Y, TG Manaphy, and is very easily overwhelmed by fast electric types, Fairy-types, dark-types like Weavile and Bisharp.

>
Keldeo provides you with a really nice check to Bisharp and Weavile, which are really big threats at the moment, and with a solid wallbreaker that forms a pretty fearsome duo with M-Gardevoir. You can opt for a Scarf or a Specs set, I'd go for Scarf if you'd like to improve your matchup vs Offense, or Specs if you'd like to break apart balance teams. Keep in mind that this is your Knock Off switch in to Bisharp and Weavile so you'll have to maneuver your plays to ensure that this doesn't get overwhelmed. Keldeo can also check Scizor and Ferrothorn pretty well.

>
Now that you have a Keldeo, I think Steel-types are checked pretty well by it. I think this makes Magnezone redundant on the team, and considering how your team struggles vs stuff like Keldeo, Raikou, Thundurus, and M-Manectric, I'd suggest Latias over Magnezone. Latias can provide the team with HW support, which gives any of your pokemon the chance to break the opponent's team once more to the point where something else can clean up. Latias is a solid check to the aforementioned threats and retains hazard removal.

I'd just run SD over U-Turn on Landorus, and Smack Down over Stone Edge. This is a really nice lure that allows you to hit Skarmory and Rotom-W with Earthquake and gives the team an additional wallbreaker.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish/Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Specs/Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock
Thank you for taking the time to read my post and evaluate it! However I think your changes makes my team extremely weak to kyurem-black, as I must sacrifice things to bring in keldeo everytime, where as I could bait it to not go for earthpower, and bring in magnezone. And that switch made the landorus redundant as I do not need anything for skarmory. I guess what I am trying to say is that the switch for keldeo made the other switches necessary, however I do not like the team synergy with the switches. I apologize for this, but I really appreciate you taking out the time to help me and think more about my team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)