ORAS OU Manaphy Balance Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, everyone this is my Manaphy Team. the goal of this team is to set up a successful sweep with manaphy against opposing teams. I would appreciate any feedback i can get for this team .
The Team
View attachment 53423

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

The key player of my team Manaphy. Ice beam allows Manaphy to deal with many threats in the OU metagame like gliscor and lando-T. Energy ball allows manphy to deal with bulky water types that would normally wall manaphy. Scald hits anything that does not resist it hard. The infamous Tail Glow boosts manaphy SpA 3 levels and can turn manaphy into a power threat.
View attachment 53424

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Mega Venusaur allows me to deal with grass types like Breloom and Celebi. The previously mentioned pokemon are key checks to manaphy. Mega venusaur also resists electric, another weakness of manaphys. Manaphy can deal with ground types and fire types that threaten venusaur.
View attachment 53425

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psychic

Hoopa-Unbound deals with walls that would wall manaphy such as chansey. Hoopa-U also deals with mew, metagross etc.
View attachment 53426

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

This guy deals with steel types that would wall my team by hitting them with a specs HP-F and he deals with bulky waters.
View attachment 53427

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
Hippo allows me to set up entry hazards. Hippo gives my team a way to deal with electric types that did threaten my team. Hippo is a good mixed wall and synergies well with chansey.
View attachment 53429
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Chansey is infamous for its special bulk and i need a way to take special bulk so for my sixth pokemon i chose chansey. The rational for this was that chansey can deal with special threats and can offer heal bell support.

Thank You for reading my team.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there, welcome to Smogon! Unfortunately I'll have to lock this as your descriptions are rather lacking and not up to the standard required by the RMT rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require before posting a thread here. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)