ORAS OU Wolf In Sheep's Clothing (Gliscor + Magnezone Offense)

WOLF
IN
SHEEP'S
CLOTHING

THE TEAM

I'm going to hide the teambuilding process in case anyone wants to just skip right to the sets

The core of the team. Gliscor is the SD variant, which breaks stall, can sweep late game, and act as a status and Knock Off absorber once it gets poisoned. Magnezone is there to trap steel types that trouble Gliscor, such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Klefki (Foul Play + Magnet Rise variants mainly), and help deal with flying types that also trouble Gliscor, such as Mega Pinsir and Talonflame (Bulky variants ONLY), while providing a reliable momentum grabbing move in Volt Switch, and can act as a late game sweeper.

I decided to add Mega Altaria for a couple of reasons. It applies offensive pressure with a VERY powerful Return, switches into many threats to the original core (such as Breloom, Keldeo, and Volcarona), and can sweep after a Dragon Dance boost. Earthquake is chosen over Fire Blast since Magnezone traps Steel types, and I have Heatran for more offensive fire presence, and Earthquake helps with opposing Heatran, fire types, and poison types.

Starmie was chosen here as it can beat a Garchomp lead with Ice Beam, can reliably handle Keldeo, remove hazards, and potentially lure in Gyarados and kill it. Hazard removal was necessary for Altaria and eventually Weavile to succeed. Starmie also reliably beats any version of non scarf Lando T, which is very helpful as Lando T could annoy most members of the team.

Offensive Heatran with Air Balloon was decided on almost instantly. I saw my team was somewhat weak to the Mega Zards, and offensive Tran can handle them reliably, also dealing with Talonflame, and opposing Mega Altara with Fire Blast instead of Earthquake, for example. He also sets up SRs, making some OHKOs easier to nab for MAlt and Starmie, while discouraging Talonflame from coming in. In case it does, Stone Edge is used to enable Tran to beat Talonflame 1v1 if it needs to.

Weavile is used in the final spot for it's ability to check Tornadus-T, who threatens this team to no tomorrow, remove items with Knock Off, potentially bait opposing Heatran into coming in, then OHKOing them with Low Kick + Knock Off, and it's ability to act as a fantastic late game cleaner.

I came back to the team and decided to change two mons; One of them being Mega Altaria to Mega Scizor. The main reason for this change is that Weavile, Bisharp, and other powerful dark types are highly problematic if Mega Altaria is not already boosted, and Mega Scizor is a reliable check to both of the mons stated. However, it stacks Fire weakness that this team really doesn't want, but isn't a major issue. The other mon I decided to change was Heatran to Defensive Lando T. This provides a nice check to most physical attacking mons that this team is weak to, such as Charizard X, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Metagross, while still maintaining Stealth Rock and removing a ground weakness that was somewhat of an issue. However, this wound up the team overall weaker to Weavile, though Scizor covers that well.

Even later, I came back to edit one thing that was bothering me: Almost everything that Starmie can hit, Latios can hit and harder, while not making the team weaker to anything really noticeable, and providing more support to MScizor with it's typing (Being able to take fire and ground attacks directed at Weavile, Scizor, and Magnezone), and having a great nuke in Draco Meteor that's easy to toss around, as Scizor and Magnezone can take care of almost every Fairy and Steel type there is on their own.

THE TEAM IN DEPTH:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Facade
- Roost

The star of the show, SD Gliscor can threaten stall teams tremendously after a boost, as it can't be statused, isn't weak to rocks, is immune to spikes, has an insane 12.5% recovery per turn, and packs great bulk. However, Gliscor is no slouch against Offense either. It can tank hits from a large number of threats, such as Diancie, the Lati twins, Mega Lopunny, Excadrill, and Gengar, then OHKOing all of them back with ease after a boost. (Note: Only use Facade with Pursuit Weavile and vice versa)

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire
Magnezone provides a nice check to water, flying, and steel types, the former two of which Gliscor hates, and the latter one of which Mega Scizor hates. Magnezone himself is an excellent revenge killer and momentum grabber with Volt Switch. Magnezone's main use on this team is to trap Skarmory, Scizor, and Ferrothorn, all of which can be annoying to play around. Zone greatly appreciates Gliscor's ability to break stall, and Weavile's ability to beat Offense.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 60 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite / U-Turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Scizor is the main set up sweeper on this team, as it can come in after it's checks are weakened by Gliscor, Magnezone, and Lando-T, and start wreaking havoc with it's monstrous attack, good typing, and ability to force switches into pokemon like Skarmory, which Magnezone can abuse and KO. Bug Bite is my personally preferred move so I can stay in and sweep, although U-Turn can be used to form a VoltTurn with Zone and pivot out into Zone when a bulky Steel type comes in, as well as providing a nice slow U-Turn to bring other threats out safely.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost / Earthquake
- Defog
Latios is used as the team's defogger, getting rid of hazards that can annoy Scizor and Weavile. Latios, however, also benefits from Magnezone's ability to trap Steel types and beat Fairies (Scizor can beat Fairies as well), as well as Lando-T's ability to beat Heatran, letting it drop extremely powerful Draco Meteors almost whenever it feels like it. Earthquake is used on here as a lure to Heatran if you need it, and doing decent damage to Bisharp on the switch in (It also KOs Bisharp after a Draco Meteor, forcing it to play 50-50's with Latios). However, Roost can be run over EQ to provide reliable healing, as well as a way to remain a good water check throughout the match.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
Lando-T provides a nice check to physical attackers in general that can annoy this team, like Mega Zard X, Talonflame, Tyranitar, Mega Lopunny lacking Ice Punch, Excadrill, and more. He also provides a slow U-Turn and Stealth Rocks, which forms a nice Volt Turn combination with Magnezone, setting up hazards that make OHKOs for Scizor and Weavile to obtain, as well as punishing Charizard Y for switching in, as it's a large threat to this team.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick / Pursuit
Weavile is used as the team's cleaner and Knock Off abuser, putting pressure on Offensive teams, and offering great coverage with Ice, Dark, and Fighting coverage. Weavile himself works as a good revenge killer, anti-ground type and psychic type mon, and cleaner, nabbing many OHKOs and 2HKOs with his extremely powerful STAB moves. Why Weavile was chosen over say, Bisharp or KyuB, is because of his sheer speed and pressure and he appreciates what Gliscor does to break Stall more than the others. (Note: Only use Pursuit with Facade Gliscor and vice versa)

THREAT LIST:

Weavile is a huge issue if Mega Scizor goes down, and will require you to play very carefully around it if MScizor faints. Keep Scizor alive at all costs if Weavile is still in play.

Literally zero switchins. Your best bet is to catch it on the switch with Lando T or bait it in with a -2 Latios to put it in Ice Shard KO range after rocks.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 60 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

I've been using this team for about a month now and wanted to post it on RMTs to see what others thought and to see if I could get any advice on it. I've had moderate success with this team, though I think it can be improved upon. Please leave your suggestions! n-n

Last edited:
Hi, cool team, looks really solid except for the Kyurem-B thing which you already noted as a threat. You could try Scarf Excadrill over Starmie, which provides a check to all three Pokemon that you mentioned, and offers a check for Raikou, Mega Alakazam, Mega Aero, Gyarados, and Hoopa-U, all of which are also fairly dangerous for your team. I'd also recommend a physically defensive EV spread on Gliscor, as it is your only sand check (!!!), and can easily be overwhelmed by Excadrill's Iron Head.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 208 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Try out these sets, and tell me how you find them?

Hey, really nice team however it have some flaws but i'll try to fix them.

Physical attackers, are big problem for your team since you can't check them well (M-Lopunny,M-Gross and Hoopa-U), Zard-X is another problem for your team since you don't have a fast scarf which can outspeed him, a Landorus-T or a Prankster (Klefki, Thundurus-I), Dark types, like Weavile, Bisharp are really threating for the team since you don't have a really good way to deal with them.

I'd recommend to use an defensive Landorus-T over Heatran, Landorus-T will allow you to check many strong physical attacker like M-Lopunny,M-Gross and Hoopa-U, to deal with Zard-X and to still work as good stealth rocker, even without Heatran, you don't have problem with Talonflame and Lati@s or even Serperior so its ok.

I'd suggest to use Keldeo over Starmie, Keldeo will allow you to work as great check/counter to Dark types (Weavile, Bisharp mainly) in OU and it will still work as water type (still checking Heatran ect ..), SubCM set can work since you are using a pursuit user, but a Specs/LO or E-belt can work too. even without entry hazard remover, Weavile can be good.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Changes in short :

Starmie >>>
Keldeo
Heatran >>>
Landorus-T

Hope i helped.

Hey, really nice team however it have some flaws but i'll try to fix them.

Physical attackers, are big problem for your team since you can't check them well (M-Lopunny,M-Gross and Hoopa-U), Zard-X is another problem for your team since you don't have a fast scarf which can outspeed him, a Landorus-T or a Prankster (Klefki, Thundurus-I), Dark types, like Weavile, Bisharp are really threating for the team since you don't have a really good way to deal with them.

I'd recommend to use an defensive Landorus-T over Heatran, Landorus-T will allow you to check many strong physical attacker like M-Lopunny,M-Gross and Hoopa-U, to deal with Zard-X and to still work as good stealth rocker, even without Heatran, you don't have problem with Talonflame and Lati@s or even Serperior so its ok.

I'd suggest to use Keldeo over Starmie, Keldeo will allow you to work as great check/counter to Dark types (Weavile, Bisharp mainly) in OU and it will still work as water type (still checking Heatran ect ..), SubCM set can work since you are using a pursuit user, but a Specs/LO or E-belt can work too. even without entry hazard remover, Weavile can be good.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Changes in short :

Starmie >>>
Keldeo
Heatran >>>
Landorus-T

Hope i helped.
See, it's not just about being weak to SRs that's the problem: It's how fast it can wear down my team due to only one pokemon (Magnezone) being resistant to them. A good hazard remover is going to be extremely important to the durability and health of the team as a whole. Plus, HUpa (standard mixed) doesn't beat Gliscor 1 v 1. I will try out Defensive Lando T, but I think I'm going to keep Starmie. Thanks for the feedback!

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man solid squad you have here electric types also could be an issue because neither if your resist had recovery moves no even passive one, also rain teams could give huge problem for the same reason being Latios your water resist with recovery is easily worn down, also your lati@s switch ins are worn down very easily so to patch up a bit these problem let me give you some suggestions that might help you.
  • The first one is a better Ev spread on Gliscor, this Ev spread maximizes bulk 244 HP/ 192 SpD / 72 Spe with Careful Nature also i think Facade > Knock off because allow you to hit Rotom-W wich could be a pain too and weaken it help Sciz for late game.
  • Next i think a bulkier MSciz help more your team, in term of Win con as well switch in for Weavile and Fairies, an Adamant Nature 248 HP / 96 Atk / 60 SpD / 104 Spe , enough speed to outpace Defensive Rotom-w and replace Roost >Spower, you already have enough support to hit Heatran or worn it down.
  • Roost > EQ/Tbolt on Latios to keep under control ZardY + a better longevity against water types.
  • You could run Rocky Helmet > Leftovers on Lando-T to word down physical attacker and scizor can revenge them with priority BP.
  • And last running now Facade Gliscor we need something for ghost types mainly Gengar that completly wall that set so Pursuit > Low kick on Weavile is a solution to this and also allow you to trap bulky psychics that are an issue too.
Hope i help u man and gl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)