ORAS Ubers "Let the beat take you on a journey..."

Hey what's up guys, I'm Seven Lions (not the real one), and I'm here to present a balanced Ubers team that aims to cover a good amount of threats in the tier and paving the way for a sweeper to cleanup the mess. I've been inactive for nearly a year focusing on school but I'm back and even though this team isn't perfect, it's decent enough to ladder with and a pretty easy team to understand. A common theme with my RMTs are incorporating music to create the theme and mood of the team and this one is no different (nicknames/lyrics linked to song). Without further ado let me take you on a journey...

The Team

The team utilizes it's decent typing all-around the board to find opportunities to switch in and wreck havoc, setup or find ways to support the team. It does however have a hard time dealing with sheer bulk from pokemon like the pink blobs but otherwise is capable of beating a variety of teams if played correctly.

♫ I'm cutting all ties to you... ♫

cutting ties (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Body Slam
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Mega-Kangaskhan is my lead 99% of the time as it matches up well with nearly all the popular leads in the tier. Fake Out is near-mandatory as it allows Kangaskhan to mega-evolve for free while providing chip damage that allows it to turn 2HKOs into OHKOs and allows for revenge killing. Body Slam is used over Return as the 39% chance of paralysis I feel is better than the extra 17 BP that Return/Frustration provide without missing on any notable KOs. Sucker Punch is a useful tool for revenge-killing and mind games while also allowing Mega-Kangaskhan to KO Geomancy Xerneas with the combination of Fake Out + Body Slam + Sucker Punch before it has setup. Earthquake is a mandatory coverage move for Kangaskhan that allows it to punish a variety of things such as Groudon-Primal, Aegislash and Mega-Diancie to name a few. The EVs are standard for offensive Kangaskhan but opting for an Adamant nature as outspeeding positive natured base-90 pokemon is not as important as outright KOing them as 105/100/100 base defenses are enough to take nearly any unboosted neutral attack. Mega-Kangaskhan provides firing power right off the bat while also being able to cleanup lategame if preserved.

♫ I lose my feelings to oblivion... ♫

days to come (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Primal Groudon is really the jack of all trades on this team, from checking things to dishing out punishment, or just supporting the team with rocks and phazing things away. Earthquake is used over Precipice Blades as the imperfect accuracy of Precipice Blades have cost me some games because of misses and I don't need Primal Groudon to absolutely wreck face to win games. 20 BP less is still huge but Earthquake does it's job wrecking Aegislash, Mega-Diancie and Dialga to name a few. Lava Plume is used as Primal Groudon's mixed attacking stats are great and a sun-boosted STAB Lava Plume is nothing to scoff at. With a 30% chance to burn, Primal Groudon can just throw around Lava Plumes spreading burns crippling things like EKiller Arceus hoping to come in and set-up. Stealth Rock is one of the most important moves in the game for a good reason as it breaks sashes, turns 2HKOs into OHKOs and others. Primal Groudon is a great rocks setter with it's natural bulk and decent typing which allows it to come into various attackers and constantly setup rocks throughout a match. Roar allows Primal Groudon to be a great Xerneas check as it cannot just setup freely without risking throwing those boosts to waste. With Primal Groudon's amazing physical bulk (100/160/90), it can take things like an EQ from a +2 EKiller Arceus and either phaze it out or deal a good chunk of damage with Lava Plume and the burn chance. EVs are used to give Primal Groudon great mixed bulk so it can take repeated punishment from things like Xerneas and other random things like Outrages from Zekrom or eating anything from Aegislash.

♫ Nothing but a ghost now I'm trying to breathe... ♫

dystopia (Arceus) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Brick Break

Ghostceus is the main sweeper on the team and primary check to EKiller Arceus. It's ability to smash teams in one boost without a check in something like Yveltal will almost surely lead to instant destruction especially if hazards are laid out. Swords Dance is an absolute must as without it, Ghostceus just doesn't have the raw power off the bat to do much of anything. Shadow Force is used over Shadow Claw to really mess with Aegislash and the extra 75 BP when factoring in STAB is huge, especially when Ghostceus really lacks the firing power otherwise. Extremespeed allows Ghostceus to beat out Normal EKiller Arceus almost all the time aside from a random crit while also being a good tool to revenge kill weakened pokemon. Brick Break rounds out the coverage to punish Normal Arceus and other normal-types mainly as Shadow Force does more damage to everything else aside from pokemon with a 4x weakness to fighting. EVs are used to outspeed other neutral nature max-invested Arceus and + natured base-110 pokemon like Gengar before mega evolution and Lati@s.

♫ Starbright, starbright, you've got the lovin' that I like alright... ♫

false astronomy (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Latias is the main support of the team doing anything for the team and really putting it all together. It's my main answer to Primal Groudon, hazard control and pseudo-cleric swiss army knife. Soul Dew is basically a Choice Specs/Assault Vest hybrid that allows you to switch moves and use anything you want. Draco Meteor punishes Primal Groudon and just about anything else that either doesn't resist it or have massive special bulk. Psyshock deals more damage to those mammoth special walls like Ho-oh. Healing Wish gives anyone on the team a new leash on life whether it be Primal Groudon who's taken repeated abuse throughout a match or allows Ghostceus a second wind to sweep. After doing it's job of controlling hazards and punishing Primal Groudon, Latias has served it's purpose and can sacrifice itself to the team. Defog is essential to the team as although there are no weakness to rocks on the team, there's nearly no recovery on the team at all aside from Leftovers on Klefki. EVs are standard allowing Latias to speed tie with other + natured base 110s and hitting as hard as it can.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
(you really need earbuds with bass to full enjoy the journey this song takes you on)

yours truly (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 76 Atk / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Sleep Talk

The end game sweeper of the team and dedicated revenge killer. Geomancy Xerneas is the more common set and deals more damage after a turn of setup, but Scarf Xerneas allows it to dish out punishment from the start and doesn't stop until Primal Groudon or Aegislash ruin the party. Moonblast is an absolute must on Xerneas as it's great offensive typing provides great coverage and hits hard alongside it's ability, Fairy Aura, which turns Moonblast to a 126 BP move without factoring in STAB. With Rocks + 3 layers of spikes, Xerneas can 2HKO 252/0 Groudon on the switch almost 100% of the time with Moonblast and a really small chance to 2HKO it with 2 layers. The rest of the moves are used to punish Darkrai as they all OHKO standard Darkrai allowing Xerneas to come in on anything Darkrai throws at it aside from Sludge Bomb and wreck it's face. 76 Atk EVs are to ensure the KO on Darkrai, 184 Speed EVs to outspeed any max invested neutral base-90 scarfers such as Zekrom.
Almost all the offensive threats on the team can deal with Xerneas' biggest check; Ho-oh, Primal Groudon, and Aegislash, something greatly appreciated in the mid-late game allowing Scarf Xerneas to cleanup shop.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
(the innocence in this song is just pure bliss...)

kusanagi (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Toxic

Klefki is my safety net and pretty much the glue of the team as it stops sweepers in their tracks, comes into various things with it's decent defensive typing and just throws spikes around when it can. Thunder Wave cripples various sweepers like Geomancy Xerneas and Mega Salamence. It can come in on any of their moves aside from an EQ from Mega Mence and cripple them for a teammate to crush. Play Rough allows Klefki to not be taunt bait and does respectable damage. Spikes is self-explanatory, throwing hazards out to turn 2HKOs into OHKOs and so on and punishing switches. Toxic is used to put a timer on things that are harder to break through like Lugia and Giratina. EVs give Klefki max special bulk while providing a Leftovers number.

Closing Thoughts

The team is pretty easy to use, lead with Mega Kangaskhan to see what they lead with and deal some chip damage and spread paralysis or just KO things when the opportunity presents itself. If needed switch to something else and keep pummeling away. When the opportunity presents itself, setup with Ghostceus and fire away. If in an emergency situation, Klefki cripples sweepers and Latias can sacrifice itself to give new life to anyone on the team. If done right, the match should be over or Xerneas should just be able to walk over everything.

Somethings I've been contemplating are:
  • Switching Ghostceus to something else as I feel it still lacks the ability to really punish teams and still does nothing to Chansey even at +2 while Chansey can just cripple it.
  • Swapping Latias to Giratina-O which retains my normal immunity and allowing for a change in sweeper.
The team is nowhere near perfect but I think it's decent enough to make an RMT and allow newer users in the tier to try out and have more experienced users give their honest critique and advice for the team. Thanks in advance for reading, hope you enjoyed the team, songs and happy holidays!

shoutout to those old users I played and talked with for hours about a year ago even though most of you quit.
- will edit later with misc. things -

Last edited:

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hey SevenLions,

this is a really good team but u you have some really big weaknesses. First is E-Killer. I mean Arceus-Ghost can handle opposing E-Killers a little bit, but if they carry Shadow Claw u are pretty much fucked. Second huge threat is Mega-Salamence. U got like literally no switch-in at all. So in my opinion you should switch Latias to Skarmory and make ur Arceus-Ghost a water ceus. Well u are still weak to HO and Stall but I you can get rid of that with adding a better stall breaker. I am not saying that Mega-Kanga is bad but I feel like its rather useless versus stall. I would suggest using Mega-Diancie to anti-lead HO and using a Geomancy Xerneas to have a solid stall breaker. You may also use RestTalk Geomancy to let ur Xerneas live longer and break stall better. With adding M-Diancie u don't really need Klefki so switching it out against a stall breaker like Latios is cool. I may have switched too many things but I still hope that I helped. Well good luck with ur team.

Threats:
E-Killer
Mega-Salamence
Standard HO
Full Stall

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind / Grass Knot

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, this is a solid enough attempt at balance although there's a couple things that I don't think are adequately covered.

Something about this team that sticks out immediately is that you have two Fairy-types, which is part of the reason why offensive P Don sets seem pretty troublesome. It threatens half your team and the only real switch-in you have is either crippled by T Wave, nullified by Dragon Tail, or potentially broken through by Dragon Claw variants due to Latias' lack of Defensive investment. Although Xern can chip at it, this isn't much use against Rest variants. Mega Kanga deals solid with Earthquake but I think this threat could be covered better. Mega Salamence has a couple places where it can potentially setup while you have no good defensive check for it outside of sacrificing Klefki just to paralyze it. The matchup in general against HO isn't that bad as you've got Mega Kanga, Scarf Xern, and a decent way of handling EKiller; I think it's the matchup against more defensive teams that is a challenge. The double fairy structure also makes Ho-Oh troublesome.

Based on your RMT I feel that you are fond of Mega Kanga and don't want to change that, but if you were going to change it Lacus' suggestion of Mega Diancie can provide a variety of roles that you need. You talked about using Gira-O, so you could replace Arceus-Ghost with Gira-O, and then fit a new Arceus over Xerneas. Adding Gira-O helps alleviate issues against P Don and gives some mild support against Mega Salamence while retaining an EKiller check. For an Arceus forme I recommend Rock or Water for this team. Arceus-Rock is very secure against Mega Salamence and Ho-Oh, while you also have the option of running Stealth Rock so that P Don can run a more offensive set. Arceus-Water also helps against Mega Salamence and Ho-Oh, but also secures P Don even more. From here you also have the option of running Latios over Latias to add a bit more offensive pressure. Lack of a Dark-type or fast Ghost-type means that you may want to consider Crunch over Sucker Punch on Mega Kanga.

Summary:
- Change Arceus-Ghost to Giratina-O with 252 Atk / 244 Def / 12 Spe / Adamant and Defog / Shadow Sneak / Dragon Tail / Earthquake
- Change Xerneas to Arceus-Rock with 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe / Timid and Stealth Rock / Will-O-Wisp / Recover / Judgment
- Change P Don to a Swords Dance set with 216 Atk / 216 SpD / 76 Spe / Adamant and Swords Dance / Thunder Wave / Rock Slide / Precipice Blades
- Consider Arceus-Water if you want to be more secure against P Don and less secure against stall (have to keep SR on P Don)
- Consider Latios over Latias for more offensive power at the cost of Healing Wish
- Consider Crunch over Sucker Punch on Mega Kanga

Good luck with your team and welcome back to the tier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)