ORAS UU Revelation -- UU Balanced Offense

excuse any errors i might make the bible is cool af and i figured it'd be nice to have a theme going

This team is one I've had under my belt for a few months. It did really well in a pre-Mamoswine meta, and when I was forced to dig it back up when Showdown deleted all my teams, I decided it would be nice to get some stuff back from the past. This time, though, I decided to update it in alignment with some metagame trends, and it's done me just as well, winning me a roomtour from nowhere. Anyways, I built this way back when, so I'll just cut to the chase because I don't remember building this.

Matthew 14:26 (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor
When the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out in fear.
Shedinja was the original focal point of the team. That was because even with plenty of rockers and hazards, if you could keep a level head, you were pretty likely to claim at least one life. That being said, I try to beat the rockers out because it makes my job much easier to sweep if they can't hit me. And a lot of the time, they can't, other than status. For this particular set, I elected for Adamant because two forms of priority was more than enough, and it ensures maximum damage on anything I may do. At +2, most faster offensive mons go down pretty easily, and at +6 not much can survive repeated blows aside from things like Mega Aggron. On top of all that, this is my emergency Slurpuff stop, since that thing is really annoying.

Exodus 20:18 (Camerupt-Mega) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
All the people perceived the thunder and the lightning flashes and the sound of the trumpet and the mountain smoking; and when the people saw it, they trembled and stood at a distance.
Mega Camerupt is a decent wallbreaker in part due to it's massive special attack, and in part to the inability of anything to keep switching in that's not named Blissey. I need to play conservatively with it, though, because it's easy to drop on the physical side. On the special side, a Modest Life Orb Hydreigon's Draco Meteor doesn't OHKO, so it can hold it's own quite well. Recovery is nonexistant, and it's more of a rocks second mon. That being said, it's still a vital part of the team, switching into things like Chandelure and Entei, and pretty much any Fire-Type not carrying EQ on it.

Job 37:2 (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Scald
Listen! Listen to the roar of his voice, to the rumbling that comes from his mouth.
The wall. There are very few hard answers to Suicune, and all but two of them can be beaten by enough Calm Minding. I chose a SubRoar set because it's nice to give the finger to stuff like Florges trying to spread Toxic, and it's great to roar out things that try to set up their own stuff on the Sub turns. Scald is, of course, the most broken move in the game, so it's nice to do some nice burn damage to offensive physical mons that need to set up to get through the sub. I'm told it's a shit set, but I disagree. It's merely underused.

2 Samuel 22:16 (Crobat)
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
The valleys of the sea were exposed and the foundations of the earth laid bare at the rebuke of the LORD, at the blast of breath from his nostrils.
This is my Defogger, needed because Shedinja hates hazards. I chose Acrobat because up to this point, my team absolutely hated Krookodile. If it couldn't Knock Off damage, it lost the benefit of one of the strongest stabs it has, and I could usually roost off and do some nice damage with Acrobatics. I would have gone with a more defensive set, but I liked the idea of being able to offensively defog on something then KO it. Of course, there's U-Turn so I can pivot out of some not-so-nice matchups that other mons could handle. It's nice to lure in Krook to try and Knock Off on the Turn out, so Cobalion can get a free +1 and do some nice damage.

Romans 10:10 (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Cobalion is a nice way of shutting down Hazard Setters, because it has a seriously fast Taunt that means I can deny some otherwise annoying hazard setters like Forretress. A lot of the time, this becomes a Tank, because the bulk is really nice on the physical side and the resists are amazing. Scarf and Specs Hydreigon caused a lot of problems beforehand, and with this the specs set gets neutered if I come in on a predicted Dark Pulse. This becomes my win con against a lot of offensive teams because of the speed tier and Swords Dance, though if the team has a Zapdos I need to get that out of the way first.

Revelation 12:7 (Kyurem) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.
The cleaner of the team, I innovated on this literal months ago and it's had nothing but great results. Decimating non-scarfed threats like Darmanitan, Beedrill, Mienshao, and Zapdos if a not-spd set, it's great being able to pick off weakened teams with the coverage to hit nearly everything. The main downfall is the defensive typing, but if I'm lucky I'll literally never need to soak up hits because it should be outspeeding those massive threats in the first place.

Any critique is welcome, and somebody tell me how to center these spoilers because they're giving me OCD.

Matthew 14:26 (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor

Exodus 20:18 (Camerupt-Mega) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon

Job 37:2 (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Roar
- Calm Mind
- Scald

2 Samuel 22:16 (Crobat)
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- U-turn

Romans 10:10 (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt

Revelation 12:7 (Kyurem) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok Nightingales what a nice theme for a team. There are easy fixes that will make this team even more cancerous fun. Onto the rate!
  • First off, run Maximum HP EVs > Maximum SpD EVs on Mega Camerupt as the better overall bulk is necessary to take some resisted physical hits while SpD investment doesn't take advantage of said overall bulk. Next, I suggest running Hidden Power Ice > Flash Cannon as the only thing that takes Mega Camerupt STAB moves are specific Dragons such as Hydreigon and Salamence, both of which are hit hard by HP Ice.
  • Next up, I noticed your Entei switchin is Suicune and while SubCM + Roar is a cool set, I feel like RestTalk Roar Cune fits better so that Suicune cannot be crippled by Entei's Sacred Fire due to it not being able to get rid of the burn. RestTalkRoar makes you lose a bulky win condition, but you still have Shedinja and Cobalion to setup, so I don't feel like it will be terribly missed.
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar
- Scald

• I also suggest running Stone Edge > Taunt on Cobalion as while Taunt deters hazards from being setup, Stone Edge allows Cobalion to blow past Zapdos at +2 and continue its sweep. Another option is Volt Switch as that can form a VoltTurn core with Crobat, providing momentum which Shedinja always appreciates. Either suggestion should be fine as the former beats Zapdos while the latter provides momentum for the team.
  • Lastly, I really dislike Choice Scarf on Kyurem as while it is powerful in its own right, it doesn't outspeed the more common Choice Scarf users that threaten it such as Hydreigon, Mienshao, and Infernape. That is why I am suggesting to run Choice Specs > Choice Scarf as this gives you a powerful wallbreaker that Cobalion and Shedinja can use the weakened walls to set up on.
I am glad you had such success with such a weird ass Pokemon, but hopefully my changes help :)

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay so what I see from your team is that it pressures the opponent with Mega Camerupt and setup sweepers such as Suicune and Cobalion, giving Kyurem a chance to clean.

• Mega Camerupt is a decent wallbreaker in part due to it's massive special attack, and in part to the inability of anything to keep switching in that's not named Blissey. I need to play conservatively with it, though, because it's easy to drop on the physical side. On the special side, a Modest Life Orb Hydreigon's Draco Meteor doesn't OHKO, so it can hold it's own quite well. Recovery is nonexistant, and it's more of a rocks second mon. That being said, it's still a vital part of the team, switching into things like Chandelure and Entei, and pretty much any Fire-Type not carrying EQ on it.

This is partially true, but you don't really need Mega Camerupt as a Fire-type switchin mainly because you have Suicune for that. I have also noticed that your team does not have Knock Off and thus will suffer against a Gligar+FWG core. Furthermore, Dragon Dance MixMence is looking to be a really dangerous threat especially if rocks are up. Therefore, a Life Orb Mamoswine over Camerupt is an ideal option, as it can fulfill all the aforementioned demands.
  • Although Kyurem is a great Special Attacker, it still suffers from a speed tie by Choice Scarf Darmanitan, and still makes your team weak to Chandelure. Therefore, a Choice Scarf Hydreigon > Kyurem is the optimal idea since it can pressure Psychic-types and provide momentum with U-Turn.
  • I agree with NV's changes about RestTalk Roar Suicune, since that is a better Fire-type switchin.
  • I would run Baton Pass over Sucker Punch on Shedinja since that can give you more momentum and Sucker Punch on Shedinja is pretty bad since most of the Pokemon will try switching out in front of it. Hone Claws over Swords Dance because Baton Pass is incompatible with Swords Dance.
  • Mamoswine loves to have 4 attacks so I think running a Stealth Rock Cobalion is better and Volt Switch > Swords Dance is a fine idea to gain momentum and form a nice VoltTurn core with Crobat, Hydreigon, and Shedinja.
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-Turn

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OK so I feel like this team could definitely use some optimization to ensure it isn't as weak to a couple of threats that could easily dismantle the team when they honestly shouldn't be able to whatsoever.
  • OK so my first recommendation is to have CroCune > current set, as while SubCM + Roar is a cool set, and I agree it's not a terrible set, it really doesn't fit this team. Having a non-Rest set means Suicune is prone to easily being worn down (especially with Substitute) and it can't consistently check the things you need it to, like Mamoswine, Feraligatr, Entei, etc. CroCune maintains Suicune as a decent win condition while being able to consistently check all of those aforementioned threats decently enough. I chose CroCune over the likes of Roar CM and RoarTalk because I feel like having Suicune as another wincon really helps the teams matchup against bulkier teams and having Roar isn't too necessary considering you can check most of the setup sweepers Suicune tends to phaze out.
  • I feel like having Bronzong > Shedinja is a good idea here. Shedinja basically provides you with a decent solution for Nidoqueen and Slurpuff, both provided by Bronzong. Moreover, I don't feel Shedinja is a decent solution to those problems anyhow as your only form of hazard removal is Crobat which can't even beat a lot of Rocks setters, such as Empoleon, Mamoswine, Nidoqueen, anyhow so Shedinja probably won't be along enough to able to deal with those threats. Bronzong also allows you to have a more solid Draco Meteor switch-in than Cobalion and also helps deal with CM Florges and DD Mence better.
  • Since we have a Rocks setter in Bronzong and an extremely solid Fire-resist in Suicune, I feel like having Krookodile > Camerupt is a good option. Krookodile still maintains your Ground-type and solid wallbreaker while also providing you with Pursuit which can instantly remove Chandelure so it can't continuously break your team, as you had no Shadow Ball switch-ins prior.
Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Standard CroCune, nothing much to say here aside from uh you'd usually run Speed to creep other Cune etc but I only find that useful for Roar variants.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Standard Bronzong here too, so nothing much to talk about except how it checks a lot of shit like Nidoqueen, Slurpuff, Kyurem, Mega Sceptile, Florges, Whimsicott so it's a nice glue.

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge / Superpower
- Pursuit

I'm honestly not sure why CB Krookodile isn't used more considering how powerful it is but w/e. You can use Stone Edge to be able to smack the likes of Salamence and Aerodactyl but Superpower's a nice option for Snorlax, P2 and Umbreon so your choice.

They are. The names are the passage. I used the new international version because it's just so much easier.

Also, I'm gonna be keeping mega Camel, though I'll give up Shedinja for Bronzong, because I feel it's a better mamo and dragon check in general, and it can get rocks up.

Other stuff, I'll test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)