Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Gaurd
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpDef
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Magic Room is a field affect that makes all items (not including mega stones) have no affect.

1. Magic Room makes all items have no affect for 5 turns which allows you to take advantage of choiced set up sweepers. I chose SD Scarfed Lando-T as well as CM Scarfed Keldeo because these mons are potent sweepers with their attack boosts as well as their speed boost from choice scarf.
2. Next I wanted a reliable Magic Room setter. Klefki fit this role perfectly as it has the ability prankster. Klefki also has access to priority spikes and thunder wave.
3. Mega Alakazam was the next mon I added. It gave me another magic room setter as well as being able to outspeed every OU mon with magic room making scarfs useless.
4. I added TankChomp next as it gave me a reliable stealth rocker as well as a bird check. It could also force threats out with Dragon Tail.
5. My team lacked an answer for strong special attackers so I added Mew. Mew also has access to magic room which allowed me to put Encore on Alakazam.
6. CM Clefable was more useful in the last slot as I didn't nee a secondary magic room setter. Clefable essentially does Mew's job better than it.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magic Room
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Klefki is the main magic room setter on the team. It is able to get up magic room in almost any situation because of its ability, prankster which gives it +1 priority to all non-attacking moves. Klefki also has the ability to set up spikes which are very useful on this team as it puts pressure on your opponent. Prankster Thunder Wave allows it to cripple some of the most dangerous threats in the metagame. Flash Cannon is only used to hit frail attackers if spikes are already up. It also hits MDiancie which prevents Klefki from setting up spikes. The Max HP and SpDef investments paired with the steel/fairy typing makes this mon a surprisingly bulky Pokemon. The leftovers are just used for passive recovery to increase longevity.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind

Calm Mind choice scarfed Keldeo is something I would laugh at before I made this team, but in magic room it becomes a dangerous sweeper. Magic Room gives Keldeo 5 turns to set up Calm Minds before its scarf starts to work again. When magic room does wear off Keldeo not only has its Calm Mind boosts, but also a 1.5 speed boost thanks to its choice scarf. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword give this mon excellent coverage and allows it to hit on the special and physical side. Scald can be used if I don't need the power from Hydro or if getting a burn on my opponent would benefit me. The 252/252 spread with a timid nature allows me to be as fast, and to hit as hard as possible. Keldeo is one of the two main sweepers on this team. This Pokemon also checks Weavile, Scizor, and Bisharp.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Landorus-T is the second sweeper that takes advantage of magic room. During the 5 turns of magic room it can set up Swords Dances then get its 1.5 speed boost from the scarf. This Pokemon also has a easy time setting up thanks to intimidate + decent natural bulk. Earthquake is Lando's strongest STAB attack. Stone Edge gives Lando the ability to hit flying types such as Talonflame for super effective damage. Lastly I chose Knock Off over U-Turn because it allowed me to stay in and continue to sweep. No mon appreciates losing their item so Knock Off is also a very good utility move. Lando-T checks ground types very well as well as electric types if magic room is not active. The 252/252 allows this mon sweep most effectively after its boosts.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Mega Alakazam is one of my favorite Megas in ORAS because of its amazing speed tier as well as its high special attack. When magic room is active choice scarfs are useless so nothing can outspeed this mon making it an amazing revenge killer. Psychic is the best STAB on Mega Alakazam as it hits defensive pokemon such as Garchomp and Lando-T harder than Psyshock would. Focus Blast provides Zam with great coverage as it hits Dark and Steel types for super effective damage. Shadow Ball allows this mon to hit Psychic types for super effective damage which rounds out this mon's coverage. The fourth moveslot was originally Magic Room but I later changed it to Calm Mind as magic room was no longer necessary. As I tested this team I was weak to stall so I added encore to Mega Alakazam to help beat stall as well as bulky Calm Minders. The EV spread allows this mon to outspeed everything in the tier and still hit as hard as possible.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

As much as I hate this Pokemon it improved the team greatly. Stealth Rocks are mandatory on almost every team. The stealth rocks + spikes give Alakazam a chance to clean late game in many situations. Earthquake is one of Garchomp's most powerful STAB attacks and still hits very hard uninvested. Dragon Tail is another STAB attack on Garchomp that is used more for forcing switches than for damage. It can force out Pokemon such as Bisharp and Talon which try to avoid attacking TankChomp. Fire Blast is able to hit steel types for a large amount of damage. Garchomp is also this teams main Talonflame check. The EV spread allows Garchomp to outspeed Jolly Bisharp and Breloom. It also allows it to speed tie with StallBreaker Mew. The defensive and HP investments allow it to live physical attacks as well as possible so it can deal more damage with Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet. Toxic is also an option over Fire Blast to weaken an opponent's bulky ground types but than Scizor becomes an even bigger threat to the team.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Calm Mind Clefable is one of the best all around Pokemon in ORAS. As a wise man once said "Clefable reserves the right to 6-0 any team regardless of match-up." I couldn't agree more. The more I used this mon on this team the better it preformed. Clefable is a pure fairy type which automatically gives it and advantage over many other Pokemon in the tier. It's ability Magic Guard makes status and hazards not be able to wear this down, which is great for a bulky calm mind user. Leftovers is the standard item on Clef just for passive recovery. (I did think about running Babiri Berry flamethrower lol) Soft Boiled is a necessary move if you want any longevity whatsoever. Moonblast is Clefable's best STAB attack and does get boosted by CM. Calm Mind allows this mon to live almost any special attack and gives it a chance to sweep with Moonblast spam. I debated going with flamethrower as the last move but found TWave more useful as I'd rather switch out of offensive steels or turn passive ones into setup fodder. The defense EVs allow Clefable to switch into Lati, Lopunny, and electric types. It also allows Clef to live one CB Scizor bullet punch if absolutely necessary. This mon is basically the glue of the team as it patches up many weaknesses as well as giving this team another wincon.

CM Clefable: If this ever is able to get up 2 calm minds for free I don't have an answer for it. It can't set up on Lando-T and Mega Zam can encore those are my only answers.

Toxic Hippowdown: My only way to break this is with Keldeo. Otherwise I need a boosted Lando-T or I have to encore with Zam.

Wobbufett: This thing always gives me trouble.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-298818220 This wasn't the best game but it shows how this team works when setup correctly.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-298950617 SD Scarf Lando-T cleans late game because of magic room.

More replays will be uploaded soon.

Zamrock: Supported me the whole way through and even used the team a few times. :]

SeventyFive: He is the reason this team was built. He told me to use Magic Room and I made this. :]

DarkReaper: He's the reason I decided to RMT this team. His RMT's motivated me in a way. :]

Wheezer: Never would've figured out how to do the formatting without him. :]

amg: helped me find all these great pictures :]

Avarice87: Always keeping the OU room entertaining. :]

Pottoto: Pal :]

Everyone else who I have this team too or has talked to me about it. Every opinion helps: <3

I hope you all enjoy using this really fun team with a underrated concept. I loved making this team and actually met some cool people because of it. This is my first RMT so hopefully I make more in the future. :]

Last edited:
try Fire Blast instead of Endure on garchomp as you are swept by scizor and are weak to ferrothorn and psychic instead of psyshock on Alakazam for the importable. I personally do not think this concept will work as the magic room just negates the scarf for the 5 turns its up (meaning if you magic room then go straight into lando-t or keldeo you still need to burn off 4 turns before you even get your scarf back) If you want to get speed and attack with landorus-t just run rock polish and you will be able to pick your move w/o being choice locked and will have to rely on magic room, also you do not need more then one magic room setter, i would personally replace mew with something like slowbro or clefable. I would go far as to say drop the magic room idea and just run salac berry keldeo and double dance lando-t if you want speed and set up.

try Fire Blast instead of Endure on garchomp as you are swept by scizor and are weak to ferrothorn and psychic instead of psyshock on Alakazam for the importable. I personally do not think this concept will work as the magic room just negates the scarf for the 5 turns its up (meaning if you magic room then go straight into lando-t or keldeo you still need to burn off 4 turns before you even get your scarf back) If you want to get speed and attack with landorus-t just run rock polish and you will be able to pick your move w/o being choice locked and will have to rely on magic room, also you do not need more then one magic room setter, i would personally replace mew with something like slowbro or clefable. I would go far as to say drop the magic room idea and just run salac berry keldeo and double dance lando-t if you want speed and set up.
Looking back over the team I think I do benefit more from having a CM Clefable in the last slot as Mew really only sets up magic room. I'm also going to put Fire Blast on chomp. I'm still working on getting replays and they will be added soon. Thanks for the suggestions. :]

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey Fish, I like the way your team looks but some changes could be made. I don't believe magic room is viable at all, while its a nice gimmick the odds of it working efficiently are very low. There are some mons that threaten your team, I'll try to offer some suggestions to make them easier to deal with. Keldeo is able to 2HKO the majority of your team after some prior damage. I'd suggest running Rest Talk Keldeo, it's a very safe scald switch in and due to rest it allows you scout what move their locked into. Clefable also threatens your team a lot, to alleviate this I'd go with Skarmory over Klefki. Specially defensive Skarmory and Klefki are very similar but Skarmory has access to taunt, iron head and whirlwind which make beating Clefable much easier. Next I'd run Fire Blast or Toxic over Endure, fire blast gives you a reliable way to get heavy damage off on steels like ferro and scizor and toxic allows you to wear down mons. Next set I'd change is Lando's, I'd go with a Double Dance set, like you said Lando has an easy time setting up due to its bulk+intimidate and it's a very threatening set to most builds. That's all the advice I can offer, have fun playing and once again cool team!
e: since you changed your team right after i posted this, i guess ill redo it

Keldeo @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers/ Earth Plate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind/ Taunt

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast/ Toxic

Last edited:
Hey Fish, I like the way your team looks but some changes could be made. I don't believe magic room is viable at all, while its a nice gimmick the odds of it working efficiently are very low. First I'd run Fire Blast or Toxic over Endure, fire blast gives you a reliable way to get heavy damage off on steels like ferro and scizor and toxic allows you to wear down mons. Next I'd replace Magic Room on Mew for Taunt and adding the extra 4 Speed EVs like you mentioned, it allows you to stop most setup mons in their tracks and then proceed to deal with them. Next I recommend replacing Magic Room on Klefki with Magnet Rise or Toxic, magnet rise allows you to beat ground types 1v1 and toxic allows you to cripple mons that shrug off twave. After that I would change Keldeo to a specs variant, specs Keldeo is a nice addition to your team, it gives you a hard hitting pokemon that benefits from having spikes up. Next set I'd change is Lando's, I'd go with a Double Dance set, like you said Lando has an easy time setting up due to its bulk+intimidate and it's a very threatening set to most builds. That's all the advice I can offer, have fun playing and once again cool team!

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind/ Hidden Power Bug/ Hidden Power Electric

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers/ Earth Plate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise/ Toxic
- Flash Cannon

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast/ Toxic
Thank you for all the suggestions but I built this team to be magic room. Some may call it a gimmick but I'm not the only person that has won games with this team as many others have tried it. I understand this isn't a perfect team but magic room was meant to be a challenge. Thx again for the suggestions though :]

As others have mentioned, I don't think Magic Room is very viable. The put a finer point on it, in some ways it lasts too long and can be a hindrance more than anything (while Magic Room is in play someone faster can come in and kill Keldeo or Lando, you have to wait to access that extra speed). As many others have mentioned, double dance Lando is a much more reliable option for what you're trying to do, or sub-salac Keldeo - this also stops you from being choice locked.

In terms of speed granting gimmicks, I'd say Tailwind is better - though short lived the boost it grants is extremely good (x2 instead of x1.5 seen here) and would mean that you don't have to be choice locked. If you're dead set on Magic Room, then personally I'd be more inclined to run Choice Specs/Band on Lando or Keldeo - purely because the power they offer in conjunction with your boosts would be pretty disgusting and a definite element of surprise. You could drop SD on Lando and run Rock Polish plus Adamant and Band, Adamant Band EQ will get through even dedicated walls like Unaware Clefable.

I really really like this team. Utilizing magic room is awesome and not easy to do.

Obviously no team is perfect, but I think there's a way to patch up your opposing clefable and wobbuffet weaknesses.
- run encore on your own clef over Twave. I know Twave clef is one of the best Pokemon in the tier but encore has a nice niche too for catching set up sweepers off guard, and trolling bulky mons. If you do decide to give it a try, I'd suggest a small speed creep for opposing clefable.

Once again, love the team, and I plan on using it sometime!

I really really like this team. Utilizing magic room is awesome and not easy to do.

Obviously no team is perfect, but I think there's a way to patch up your opposing clefable and wobbuffet weaknesses.
- run encore on your own clef over Twave. I know Twave clef is one of the best Pokemon in the tier but encore has a nice niche too for catching set up sweepers off guard, and trolling bulky mons. If you do decide to give it a try, I'd suggest a small speed creep for opposing clefable.

Once again, love the team, and I plan on using it sometime!
Thank you for the feed back on my team :] Encore Clefable seems like a good option in the last slot and I will definitely test with it as it can beat Clef and other walls/CMers. Good luck using my team in the future :]

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Waow man, your idea is awesome!! I remember having met somebody who asked me to post a rmt for my hail team and told me he was going to post a rmt for magic room: it was you I guess^^
I think that clefa is too passive in such a team: I would replace it by togekiss nasty plot heal bell . Honestly he would work pretty well with klefki and chomp since they counter /check almost all toge counters namely metagross, scizor exca, weavile, kyurem, jirachi... at +2 y ou easily overpower rotom, paving the way for a lando sweep. Klefki using twave is the best gift for toge. Moreover you really need sth to deal with Stall and clefa , which toge does well.
However becareful of thundurus :(
Hope this will help you and good luck! People like you are what makes pokemon fun:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)