Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
For this team I wanted to build around Pinsir. I like him a lot because he deals with many threats and has the ability to set-up and sweep a team with ease. I decided to run the standard mega pinsir set, being able to set-up with SD and potentially get a sweep going late game or be a potent revenge killer with priority QA.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
I decided to go with Hippowdon for my physical wall. I love Hippowdon because he is extremely bulky and a very reliable rocker. He also has incredible synergy with excadrill who I knew I wanted on the team as a spinner because mega Pinsir takes a ton of damage from rocks. I love running this set because slack off gives reliable recovery and ice fang can catch many common threats off guard such as gliscor and garchomp who are common rockers in OU.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
As a wall partner for Hippowdon I decided to go with Rotom-W. They have decent synergy together, with Rotom-W being able to take the Water and Ice moves that threaten Hippowdon a lot. I needed a special wall so I went with a SpD set, and the moves are pretty standard for any Defensive Rotom-W.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
I decided to go with Excadrill for my spinner. He is extremely fast with his synergy with Hippowdon, allowing for a reliable spin any time I need it. He can also hit pretty hard with full Atk investment, being Adamant, and having Life Orb. He can also be called upon for revenge killing with his very high speed and reliably kills fairies/flying/fire typed which I lacked on this team thus far and threaten pinsir quite a bit.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
I didnt have a scarfer yet. I figured Magnezone would be a great option because it gives me the ability to keep momentum up with Volt Switch and reliably trap and kill Steels. It also allows me to reliably kill water types which this team lacked quite a bit. This is one of the two pokemon that are a bit iffy.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
The other iffy pokemon on this team. I saw that I was laccking special damage and a wallbreaker, as as well as coverage. Fairies have pretty nice coverage and Sylveon does this quite well with pixilate hyper voice. This poke pretty much just wall breaks for me and adds additional coverage.

Like I said above, I would love any suggestions for this team. I feel that teambuilding is one of the main flaws in competitive battling. Thanks again!

Hey man nice Team even tho u cud present it better than this ( gifs, pictures etc )

well then, u struggle with beating bulky waters like cm mana, cm Bro, cm king, crocune etc. Id suggest azumarill over sylveon,
because sylv is setup fodder again and is revenged easily.
Also id go for the bdrum azu set since itll give u another wincon and it uses those bulky waters as set up fodder ( or those scums stay in and just burn u w scald l0l )

Cool Team at all, i like the rotom w / pins core,
ive won the winnersbracket of the biggest german ou Tour with this core too :)

Last edited:

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sup Miceing, nice Mega-Pinsir team you have here, I'm going to try to offer some advice to improve the performance of your team.
First off I would go with an EV spread of 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD and go with stone Edge or whirlwind over ice fang, you can beat Garchomp really easily and you have Rotom which checks Gliscor perfectly. Speaking of Rotom I would go with a spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe with a bold nature, physcially defensive Rotom checks so many things like Talonflame, Lando, Pinsir and a ton of other stuff, specially defensive rotom doesn't give you that flexible defensive pivot that physically defensive does. Next I would run a jolly nature on Excadrill, while you do lose some raw power you gain the ability to outspeed other adamant drills and speed tie the other jolly ones. Next I would replace Sylveon with Kyurem-Black, this might seem strange but Kyurem fits your description perfectly, its a wallbreaker with great coverage, it has more longevity than Sylveon, it can actually outspeed relevant mons and it is revenge killed by less things.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge / Whirlwind

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost / Hidden Power Fire / Substitute

Ice Fang & EV's < Stone Edge / Whirlwind & Standard EV Spread
Specially Defensive & Calm < Physically Defensive & Bold
Adamant < Jolly
<

Hey man, I think Mega Pinsir is an amazing mon, and that's a rather solid sand offense team you have, but I do have a few suggestions and edits in mind that I believe will help out your team.

Adamant > Jolly

Most of the time, this is a personal preference thing, but the reason why I feel that Adamant will be better here is because it gives you a higher chance of being able to KO Latios with +2 Quick Attack after Stealth Rock damage, a higher chance of OHKO-ing opposing Hippowdons with +2 Return after Stealth Rock damage, as well as a guaranteed kill on the standard Tank Chomp spread. Getting rid of Latios means a solid check to Rotom-Wash gone, getting rid of Hippowdon means that Excadrill can do work in sand and that Magnezone can Volt Switch around freely, and it's always more appreciated to take only 1 round of Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet damage from Garchomp. Jolly can be run to outspeed Pokemon such as Timid Gardevoir and knock it out, or outspeed Manaphy and be able to get off a huge chunk on it. Hence, do give Adamant Pinsir a shot and then see which one you prefer more.

+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 438-516 (104.2 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 379-447 (90.2 - 106.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 256-303 (85.6 - 101.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Toxic > Ice Fang

Toxic
is a superior option over Ice Fang because most variants of Gliscor are already walled by Rotom-Wash, and Hippowdon can still beat Garchomp even without Ice Fang. Toxic allows you to beat Bulk Up Talonflame, as well as be able to check CM Mega Slowbro, which your team's only other way of beating/wearing down is Magnezone. This also allows you to hit Pokemon such as Rotom-Wash or Landorus-T, easing the sweep for Mega Pinsir by wearing down those Pokemon. Also, the Mixed defenses set is a better option here as it allows you to check Pokemon such as Thundurus and Mega Manectric better, which your team could otherwise have problems with.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Physically Defensive > Specially Defensive

Physically Defensive Rotom-Wash is much better to help check Pokemon such as opposing Pinsir and SD Landorus-T which will be able to beat Hippowdon 1v1. This also helps out against Weavile as it can take a hit and neuter Weavile with Will-O-Wisp.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

>

Clefable gives you a solid switch-in to the Lati twins, being able to take 2 Psyshocks and being immune to their Dragon STAB. This also provides you with a solid win condition, as CM Clefable has the ability to sweep a lot of teams. The Speed IVs ensure that you are not 2HKO'ed by Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball after leftovers recovery, and Thunder Wave allows you to set up on a lot of Pokemon. Healing Wish is a possible option here so that you can bring back threats such as Pinsir or Excadrill late game to win.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 6 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

It's a really nice sand offense + Pinsir team, I hope these suggestions prove to be useful, and let me know if you face other issues with this team, and I hope you have success using this team :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)