Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess the customary third time is the charm for news on new games...or it feels like the third time we have been waiting on coro coro to reveal new game stuff.

So I guess the customary third time is the charm for news on new games...or it feels like the third time we have been waiting on coro coro to reveal new game stuff.
shhhhhh don't
it! If we all pretend we're not rabidly waiting for even the tiniest morsel of information, maybe it might actually appear this time!

I take this approach with SRing legends. It has not worked ;_;

shhhhhh don't
it! If we all pretend we're not rabidly waiting for even the tiniest morsel of information, maybe it might actually appear this time!

I take this approach with SRing legends. It has not worked ;_;
AT this point, it might work. Who knows. I got finals to fry before I begin worrying too much more bout this but still, this just gonna be evil waiting.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
When it comes to the games the only news we may get that'll affect it is just more information about Zygarde's formes, possibly some new Mega Evolutions who will also be appearing in the movie. There's still information we can learn about them such as their Abilities and what stat they focus on (and I suppose typing as well. While we've had non-dragon looking Dragon-types before, a dog and humanoid would be a new stretch). If there's anything else it could be more info on Ash-Greninja and maybe from that info we can guess whether this is a game feature or just something the anime is doing so Ash doesn't need to get a Mega Pokemon.

I think the VGC rules stating Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire are the games of record next year point to no Z reveal for a while. Am I crazy?

I think the VGC rules stating Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire are the games of record next year point to no Z reveal for a while. Am I crazy?
Well, if we get the games announced now even, I can see it coming out between May and September. X and Y were announced in January and came out in October so the math works out. Even ORAS were announced 5 months before they came out and it felt rushed so we'd probably get Z in like May or June at the earliest if it was announced now. That's not enough time to do the qualifiers with all the new Megas and everything. There might not even be enough time for the average player to play through it unless they go crazy and beat it super quick. So I can see them skipping Z for the VGC this year.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They released BW2 in the middle of vgc12, so who knows. It didn't add new Pokemon in the tournament scene but it did give Pokemon access to new tutor moves (and maybe some hidden abilities? too lazy to check), so it's not an identical meta.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A possibility as to why it's taking a while for Game Freak to officially announce Z could be that they're waiting until the US is ready to announce it. If I remember correctly, as of Gen 6, Pokemon games get revealed worldwide on the same day, and are hence released worldwide on the game day. X and Y were announced to the entire world on January 8, 2013 (if memory serves right) and got released to the entire world on October 12, 2013. There is no gap between the Japanese and the American releases of Gen 6 games. The same applies to ORAS, which got a worldwide announcement on May 7, 2014 (again, if memory serves right) and got a worldwide release on November 20, 2014. So to conclude with the pattern regarding XY and ORAS, games are now revealed worldwide on the same day, and also released worldwide on one day, and any gap between released in certain areas is minuscule (usually a few days). So the same would apply to Z: when it does get revealed, it would be revealed to the entire world: Japan, Americas, and Europe alike. Thus, it's possible that the reason for the lack of Z news is because Game Freak is still waiting until the US is ready to announce Z as well. The anime in the US is still airing the last few episodes of the XY series before the XY and Z arc begins, and that likely won't start until January or February 2016, and furthermore, even though the new Zygarde formes were revealed in CoroCoro (Japan), the US hasn't said anything about the new Zygarde forms yet. Thus, I think it's possible that Game Freak is awaiting until America (and I guess Europe too) is ready for it, then they will probably make a worldwide announcement for Pokemon Z and its worldwide release date will be revealed at that same time as well. So I'm guessing that since the known Pokemon Z related news we have seen has only been disclosed in Japan as of now, they are probably waiting for the rest of the world to be ready to announce Z then prepare a worldwide release date when they feel that is proper.

Of course, I could be wrong about this, but this is one of my potential takes as to why we have a drought of a Pokemon Z announcement. I'm confident that a Pokemon Z is inevitable considering we have new Zygarde forms, but perhaps this is a potential theory as to why it's being delayed so much.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
A possibility as to why it's taking a while for Game Freak to officially announce Z could be that they're waiting until the US is ready to announce it. If I remember correctly, as of Gen 6, Pokemon games get revealed worldwide on the same day, and are hence released worldwide on the game day. X and Y were announced to the entire world on January 8, 2013 (if memory serves right) and got released to the entire world on October 12, 2013. There is no gap between the Japanese and the American releases of Gen 6 games. The same applies to ORAS, which got a worldwide announcement on May 7, 2014 (again, if memory serves right) and got a worldwide release on November 20, 2014. So to conclude with the pattern regarding XY and ORAS, games are now revealed worldwide on the same day, and also released worldwide on one day, and any gap between released in certain areas is minuscule (usually a few days). So the same would apply to Z: when it does get revealed, it would be revealed to the entire world: Japan, Americas, and Europe alike. Thus, it's possible that the reason for the lack of Z news is because Game Freak is still waiting until the US is ready to announce Z as well. The anime in the US is still airing the last few episodes of the XY series before the XY and Z arc begins, and that likely won't start until January or February 2016, and furthermore, even though the new Zygarde formes were revealed in CoroCoro (Japan), the US hasn't said anything about the new Zygarde forms yet. Thus, I think it's possible that Game Freak is awaiting until America (and I guess Europe too) is ready for it, then they will probably make a worldwide announcement for Pokemon Z and its worldwide release date will be revealed at that same time as well. So I'm guessing that since the known Pokemon Z related news we have seen has only been disclosed in Japan as of now, they are probably waiting for the rest of the world to be ready to announce Z then prepare a worldwide release date when they feel that is proper.

Of course, I could be wrong about this, but this is one of my potential takes as to why we have a drought of a Pokemon Z announcement. I'm confident that a Pokemon Z is inevitable considering we have new Zygarde forms, but perhaps this is a potential theory as to why it's being delayed so much.
The new Zygarde Formes were revealed on the English site 3 days after the CoroCoro leak, but otherwise I agree that they're probably waiting for the international end to get their stuff ready.

When Z comes out, will gen 6 be referred to as xyz instead of oras (similarly to gen 4 being known as dpp instead of hgss after platinum came out)? Or will the name still be oras?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
When Z comes out, will gen 6 be referred to as xyz instead of oras (similarly to gen 4 being known as dpp instead of hgss after platinum came out)? Or will the name still be oras?
Gen VI will be called Gen VI.

ORAS refers to the Hoenn region remakes.

As of right now XY refers to the Kalos region games. When Z is released, depending on what the game exactly is, XY could be made into XYZ. Like if its just XY+ like Emerald and Platinum was to Ruby & Sapphire and Diamond & Pearl, respectively. However if they go for another idea like a sequel than I don't know if we'd combine it with XY since BW and BW2 aren't combined. I guess they'd just be called the "Kalos games" (and in the future if they ever remake XY be renamed the "Gen VI Kalos games").

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well... there are no set rules for these fan names, but on Smogon we usually use them to refer to the relevant metagame (or "season" if you want to use that word). That is, the metagame is dictated by the latest game(s) to have come out, which at the moment is ORAS. Competitive players will refer to the metagames ("seasons") of Gen IV as DP, HGSS and Plat (or Pt). DP and Platinum will usually only be grouped together when referring to Sinnoh or specific elements in those games (such as the DPPt Battle Tower, or the dreaded Mt. Coronet of DPPt). The term HGSS will refer to the games themselves in casual conversation, but also the state of the metagame before Platinum was released. It's likely that XYZ will be the common abbreviation for all things specific to the Kalos games.

For generation-specific things, the generation number will be used more often.

Actually, competitively, for whatever reason; the initials of the first game to come out are used to refer to each meta. We have the metas of RB, GS, RS, DP, BW and XY. Even though the RS meta includes Deoxys-Speed, the BW meta includes Tornadus-Therian, the XY meta contains Mega Lopunny; etc.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So that episode aired, and we got nothing.

I thought the anime was going to be good for something for once outside of jokes about its quality. I believe it's time to riot.

Reactions: JES
Actually, competitively, for whatever reason; the initials of the first game to come out are used to refer to each meta. We have the metas of RB, GS, RS, DP, BW and XY. Even though the RS meta includes Deoxys-Speed, the BW meta includes Tornadus-Therian, the XY meta contains Mega Lopunny; etc.
Well, we don't really call the meta with Mega Lopunny XY, competitively we use ORAS, since you actually can't use Mega Lopunny on X and Y. Following that logic, if the next game is called Z and also brings like a couple of new megas to change the metagame, it should be called Z OU instead of ORAS OU.

Well, we don't really call the meta with Mega Lopunny XY, competitively we use ORAS, since you actually can't use Mega Lopunny on X and Y. Following that logic, if the next game is called Z and also brings like a couple of new megas to change the metagame, it should be called Z OU instead of ORAS OU.
On the online dex and many other places the various metas are referred to by the initials of the original games in the respective gen; I think it's dumb but... it's how it is.

On the online dex and many other places the various metas are referred to by the initials of the original games in the respective gen; I think it's dumb but... it's how it is.
I'm cool with it in casual conversations or in conversations regarding previous gens. Like, Gen IV completely flipped after Platinum's tutors (dawn of the outrage Dragons, my baby Scizor got bullet punch <3) but if someone says "oh, yeah, Salamence was a Big Deal in DP" I'll assume they meant the broad meta of that era, usually the end or peak of it (excusing the fact that IIRC Salamence got the hammer during late late G4. Or maybe that was Latias. Maybe it was both? I do not recall). Likewise, in casual conversation if you want to talk Kyurem-B during the weather wars, BW is fine, unless the conversation is about the specifics of Gen V's meta. But currently there's value in referring to the Gen VI metas separately so talking about MSab and MLopunny in XY just seems... weird.

That said, while "XY metagame" and "ORAS metagame" as terms sound fine, "Z metagame" sounds really weird to me for some reason. Probably because I'm not used to monosyllabic metagame titles.
...Holy fucking shit this is how starved of news we are, look at all this bull I just wrote on nothing. Aaaagh!

Not necessarily; suppose Z were to match X/Y and got revealed in January 2016 and released October-ish 2016. Then since the VGC is in August, it would have to be ORAS even if Z were to be revealed soon. Core series games tend to be released around September-November lately (this goes all the way back to Emerald 11 years ago when considering the Japanese releases).

Okay so Serebii posted something new

"The official website for the production company behind the movies, Toho, has put up some temporary information about the upcoming movie. This movie is currently listed under the title of Pokémon the movie XY & Z 2016 and now has a confirmed date of July 16th 2016 with Atsuhiro Tomioka back as the writer. Based on last year's temporary title, we'll likely get the full title within the next couple of months."

Seeing as how it's released in July we can probably glean from that that Z will be released just before then. I don't think we've had a movie with new Pokémon forms that have come out before the games featuring said new forms (not counting the movies advertising the next generation's pokemon).

Okay so Serebii posted something new

"The official website for the production company behind the movies, Toho, has put up some temporary information about the upcoming movie. This movie is currently listed under the title of Pokémon the movie XY & Z 2016 and now has a confirmed date of July 16th 2016 with Atsuhiro Tomioka back as the writer. Based on last year's temporary title, we'll likely get the full title within the next couple of months."

Seeing as how it's released in July we can probably glean from that that Z will be released just before then. I don't think we've had a movie with new Pokémon forms that have come out before the games featuring said new forms (not counting the movies advertising the next generation's pokemon).
There's always the possibility that the new forms will be included via an update of the oras and xy games on the store, and there is no pokemon z. After all, 6 months (assuming the z trailer comes at the start of jan) between announcement and release is a very short, and unrealistic time

There's always the possibility that the new forms will be included via an update of the oras and xy games on the store, and there is no pokemon z. After all, 6 months (assuming the z trailer comes at the start of jan) between announcement and release is a very short, and unrealistic time
No way. Not unless they include a compatibility patch for ORAS megas for XY, which as we all know did not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)