Not what you were expecting...

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
But this is my 1000th post. And I'm using to say (as much as Dweedle will yell at me)...

Later dudes.

It's been a good ride, but I've realized that I'm spending way too much time on this shitbox and I need to be focusing my life elsewhere. If' I'm ever going to get a rela law enforcement job, I need to stop fucking around and get down to it.

I'm not gone forever, obviously. I'm not stupid enough to say that. But it kinda sucks when the people who brought me here/kept me here aren't posting so frequent anymore. People like Dweedle, chaos, Bonnett, Carl etc.

So later dudes. I'd say goodbye individually, but then some people would feel left out. Just to make it clear, I'm not the big hard-ass I act like on the internet, I'm really a much nicer dude.

Anyways, this place has been fun for me, and I want to apoligize publicly to orangekows, I gave him some shit when he hit 1000. I was just kidding man, post away.

Much love, later pokedudes. I have still never played pokemon.
So that was my 1,000th post. It's funny how close that the above writing comes to my current situation, just replace a couple names and the fact that I didn't have a job and it's basically truth.

But this is my 6,000th post, and I'm using this one to say...

Later dudes. I'm retiring.

Over the past couple months, I've realized that I'm putting Smogon above more important things in my life, most noticeably my job. There have been many times when I just blatantly don't do any work because I'll be posting on the forums... and all the time I spend posting/chatting in the evenings is taking away from other things I should be doing in life, such as hanging out with friends. I don't like the fact that I only hang out with the vast majority of my friends once a week on the weekend, maybe less. I barely even play my guitar anymore, I haven't written a new song in countless months, and that depresses me.

Obviously, I'm not gone forever. This place and this community and these people just mean way too much to me to never come back. Besides, I still have unfinished projects that I have to take care of.

What I want to make clear is that this decision is in no way affected by anything or anyone else. Smogon has changed a lot since that fateful day in May 2005, and although I'm not a person who handles largescale change very well, I've ridden the waves here and I've done my best to deal with the changes. But I'm just now to a certain point in my personal life where I need to focus on other things.

I will miss many things very dearly, namely the late-night #smogon chats. I'll still pop in occasionally, but don't expect to see my name in Misty's stats anymore. But the way I look at it, those people who I have come to love and cherish in this community have ways to contact me, and I hope they will. The friendships I have made in my time here are just as important to me (if not more than) as the friendships I have with people in real life. (Which is kinda silly to say, since I've met approximately 20 Smogoners over the past couple years.)

Okay, if you skipped over the rest of the post because you're a lazy (BAN ME PLEASE), read this: I don't want this to be a "Bye!" "We'll miss you man!" kinda thread, because I understand people will feel that way. I'm not posting this so that everyone can pc++... I want this thread to be something I can come back to in the future and smile when I read it.

So, when you post in this thread, I want you to tell me your most memorable experience that has to do with me. This isn't an exercise in narcissism, I just want to relive some great moments through you guys. The nostalgia alone will be worth it, trust me.

And if you can't think of any special memory with me, don't bother posting. Chances are I don't care too much what you have to say anyways. (Not to be a dick, but it's true. I don't want this thread full of randoms.)

So... so long, farewell, auf weidersehen, goodbye.

Oddly enough the first thing that popped to my mind was when I said FITGH?? and you didn't get it and kept on asking what the hell I meant. We haven't hung together much, so my fondest memory of me for you is when we both got promoted to Super Mods and Justin was like "yeah the Mullet Brothers are Super Mods now".

Also I so saw this thread title coming. Cheers DM.

Heh, my most memorable experiences with you are from voice chats we used to all make, do you remember that? Me and my silly accent would try to COMUNICATE overseas but fail miserably, haha.
Still those voice chats are probably one of my best internet experiences. It feels so weird, yet exciting, to talk to someone from another continent, millions of miles away, and be able to understand them and speak back.
And you, my friend, were there to listen to my mutilated accent, so it's a very fond memory.
Hope you do still come back sometime!

Having a hard time narrowing a moment down so I will probably edit one in later but uh

Grats on 6k and trying to quit smogon, maybe you'll have better luck at 11k! Keep trying buddy ;)

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
The first two things that come to mind is when I first talked to you on irc and when I requested a song for your Mullet Plays the Hits thread.

When I came to Smogon I never really interacted with the ops, admins, and moderators just out of fear, until I read your JAA warstory (which I read once a month until the site came down). I finally got some courage to talk to you about it since I used to live in New York and visited the city all the time. I told you how it seemed like I was there and it was pretty exciting reading about places I had been before, but with different people. This opened the floodgates as I was then cool with trying to talk with all the ops and we really started talking a lot (me and you) till recently when I just haven't been around as much. But that one night is the reason I stay active and care so much about this community.

Also when I requested you do the Pokemon Theme Song for your Hits thread the first thing you said was "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK" but then like 2 minutes later you said "maybe" so I was happy. Just a random moment I remembered for some reason.

<4 Lutalo

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Well, as disappointed as I was that we didn't get to meet in NY a couple months ago, I really do look forward to having you at my 21st in 18 days (19 for the party). I'll help in any way possible to get you down here!

Anyway, I've kind of seen you as the big brother figure. Thanks for keeping me on track that one night when I had to drive home from a party drunk, haha. We need more drunk dialing going on!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Can't pinpoint an exact time, but I've always known you as one of the funnier, more friendly people on the site and chatroom, and it was great to know you. Look after yourself. :doom:

Well I know since you were looking forward to my post the most, I might as well post it now. I know I'm probably just some annoying little kid to you but I think you are a really awesome dude and will certainly miss your posts. I haven't been on a lot in the last 2-3 weeks because of school and Halo 3 (mostly Halo), but I still remember all the great things you did. My favorite would probably be your JAA story, and I hope you post your Smocon '07 warstory up (even if it is unfinished) just because I loved reading the first one. I also hope you'll make it to smocon '08 (hint hint location of smocon '08 goes here hint hint) and that hopefully I can go too, but that's just wishful thinking. We can still talk on facebook and myspace, too. Anyway, just wanted to say bye (in a sense) and I hope you have success wherever your life may lead you. Best of luck, friend.

Your so awesome. I was elated to find out someone of your renown/skill lived in my town. And to top it off, your actually a pretty cool guy. I'm glad to have been able to communicate with you.

My most memorable moment with you in it was in the “I have a challenge” thread. I posted like 5 cat pictures and you deleted them, and told they are funny, but they have been done to death. I doubt you remember though........

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even though we never really got that close, I always enjoyed your posts and sense of humour.

Most memorable moments would prolly be talking about hockey (very few people who I can talk to about that on this site!) or our epic cc battle when you became one of my many bishies.

And you are not alone on your decision too, im finding I put this site above important things in my life too...i think it might be better for you to slowly drift out that to quit all out as you will miss it too much.

Good luck man, and keep rockin.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
wow..just wow, i cant believe this happened. this sums up everything i always thought about you. youre such a postwhore. i mean jesus, thats over 6000 posts and you dont even participate in pokemon related forums 0.0

:P anyways im sure you know the most memorable moment(s) im thinking of, im a sure as hell not gonna say it because you have something to post first. you "do" have something to post (or will right)?

i guess we've only known each other through music, and even through that one window i've gotten to know you pretty well, and fuck you're a cool guy. it'll be a shame that i won't be seeing you much anymore, but its for the best.

it's a little silly that the only thing we can connect with is a song, but stars will always be one of the best things i have ever heard. see you around.

damn, =[

i mainly remember you being really into my art.

that made me feel pretty good.

gl.

You once complimented one of my posts, though I don't remember anything else about it. Nothing really personal to you, but I thought I should mention it.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well Mr. Doommullet, it's been awesome seeing you on this site and all.

I remember every time you helped with any problem thread I posted man. You helped me with shit like girl problems like no one else could have, and you also helped me become a more sociable person, and essentially gave me tips on how to improve my life y'know, and for that, I thank you sir.

You are incredibly experienced with advice, and I can see why people would refer to you as their big brother. Never stop being an awesome advice-giver and listener, that's a valuable trait that some people would kill for. I swear, in all honesty, you could be such an awesome dad someday, seriously.

Goodbye for now, and until we meet again. Adios mi amigo.

I don't know you very well, but I can tell you're a very cool guy.

Edit: I guess you don't want me to wish you luck or anything, but if it's any consilation, I'll remember this at least <3

The great DoomMullet... one of the very few who can elicit a Fish post.

I know exactly how you feel with your reasons for weaning off; I was there myself a few years ago. And while I did manage to go cold turkey for a year or two, I came back. Stuff like this always made me contemplate the longevity of Internet communities and people's attachment to them. Since there isn't anything we can compare them to, and they're a relatively new thing, who knows how long places like this will have a hold on us.

I'm not even going to try to pick out a particular thing since we have had tons of good times and hopefully have more to come. Although, one thing that jumps out at me was when we were in Toronto and we went down to your car to get something. We were both slightly inebriated and we were just shooting the shit about random stuff like Smogon and where we should go next year and life in general. That was a pretty enjoyable "real" moment that while it might not be something that gets written about in a war story, it was pretty cool. It was probably the only time we just chatted without anyone around. Ok, that sounded a little queer...

Lebowski drinking/smoking game > The Aristocrats

Don't ever leave for too long. Everything has its time and place. Yours is away from here now. But that doesn't mean you can't return.

Everybody's got a little light under the sun.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
dude what the fuck we went to sonic together

and then to tolly ho together drunkish

and then qdoba

we WILL meet again

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
most memorable experience? jesus, that'd be tough to pinpoint...

maybe the first moment when i met you and jumpman, that was a surreal bridging of internet and real life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)