Resource OU Teambuilding Workshop v3 (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

I'm interested to make a Hyper Offense team around these two Pokemon. SD Breloom is able to check sand, Chansey, and bulky Water-types, all who are troublesome to Mega Diancie. In return, Mega Diancie is able to check some of Breloom's answers, such as Mega Sableye, Flying-types (Talonflame, Togekiss, Tornadus-T, Mandibuzz, etc.), as well as certain Fire-types (Victini, Mega Charizard-Y, etc).

However, the core has issues, and I would like answers to these problems. First of all, it is weak to bulky Grass-types. Second, their speed tier isn't so great, which means that they are outsped by several threats such as Starmie, Mega Alakazam, Weavile, to name a few. In addition to that, Mega Diancie obviously relies on 50/50s vs. opposing base 110s, such as opposing Mega Diancie, Latios, Gengar, Mega Metagross (the latter sometimes runs Bullet Punch in order to land guaranteed shit on Mega Diancie). Lastly, there are certain Steel-types that can annoy the hell out of the core, particularly (Mega) Metagross, Klefki, Scizor, Ferrothorn, and bulky Jirachi.

In addition, I'd appreciate some form paralysis support (to screw setup sweepers, and remedy the speed problem). As well as a second check to birds and Fire-types, so that Mega Diancie wouldn't get too pressured/worn down too quickly.

p2

Banned deucer.
Core: AgiliGross + Serperior
Requested By: Erai14 on Page 13 Post 308

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Ok, this was a pretty standard HO build that eventually panned out using Serperior and Keldeo to pressure and weaken bulkier builds while MegaGross rips apart offensive teams late-game. Honestly, I think AgiliGross is a dogshit mon because it already has coverage issues and by giving it a setup move, you're making those issues even worse. It's not like Diancie which only needs 3 moves to function because given your standard MegaGross STABs + coverage, it's pretty easy to wall sadly, but this is why I feel Magnezone is one of the best partners for it because you remove all those annoying Steel-types with ease which drops a lot of pressure off MGross. Serperior also handles annoying stuff like Slowbro and Suicune which is a plus. The main reason I have Hammer Arm is because even though Serp has HP Ground, Heatran isn't going to come in because of the Magnezone, plus it prevents Air Balloon Exca from revenging under sand, you can use any other coverage move of choice because its MegaGross lol. Serperior is a pretty odd set given that its Coba Berry without HP Rock, but the main use of it is to lure Talonflame / Tornadus-T in and get a para off without being forced out and dropping momentum, you can also change this but I just think Talon is really annoying for a lot of my builds :pirate:. Magnezone is a strange one too, but Chople Berry Zone seen use in games by FlamingVictini and I can see the use in it. It is a really cool Alakazam (more for Mega Zam tho) lure because it thinks it can just counter trap you and Focus Blast for free which backfires and puts into a position where it's no longer a threat to the team. It also compensates for the lower Speed and lets you take stuff like Superpowers from Scizor and Secret Swords from Keldeos as well as other Focus Blasts / Close Combats going around, its a cool set. Lando-T because its the best rocker ever, checks a billion things, SD pressures fat mons that think they can get hazards for free (important on this team considering no hazard removal) but yeah I've used Lando-T so much I don't think I need to go into detail. Keldeo brings a well needed Dark resist and helps pressure slower teams with Specs Scalds followed up by Hydros the next time it comes in. Weavile helps with Psychic-types and Serperior which are pretty big threats, Ice Shard is useful in chipping down Mega Zam which kinda just wins if Magnezone loses its berry so watch out for that. This team can be a bit overwhelmed by Keldeo but I changed Metagross to max Speed for that reason (you can still use your older spread but I lost a game because a Gardevoir outsped me, rip.) Weavile's 4 moveslot can be changed to like Aerial Ace if that's your kinda thing which helps wear down Keldeo too, but yeah this team has plenty of counter play to Keldeo despite no solid switchins. You can also try fit a Lati on there but I didn't like the way it forced the build tbh.

Enjoy tho.

------------------------------------

Core: Charizard X + Manaphy + Breloom
Requested By: Ethan Truong on Page 13 Post 304

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Scald

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Yeah. Nice and simple Zard X team here with the basic and old idea of breaking Zard X checks so Zard can sweep. I changed a bunch of stuff like Zard to max Speed because at this point there's really no reason not to, Manaphy to Wacan with Psychic (I like luring Slowbro for Zard and Venu/Amoonguss for Breloom and baiting in Electrics too, but you can change it to Lum or Salac berry if you like). Also changed Breloom to Fist Plate because it helps prevent Loom from getting worn down to the point where Weavile picks it off easily. But anyway, because of the 3 mon core, it pretty much forced an offensive build and I needed hazard removal, didn't want to use Starmie so I chose Latios. Latios is pretty consistent as a remover so keeping the field clear for Zard isn't that hard. Because its a Zard X build, trying to wear down and overload common checks such as Lando-T, Slowbro, and Hippowdon seemed like the best way to go so I rounded off the team with a TTar/Exca sand core. TTar brings Rocks and a way to trap Latis which can be problematic for Zard, Mana, and Breloom so removing a key threat is always good and TTar appreciates Latios being able to handle Keldeo. SD Excadrill does a fantastic job of annoying the aforementioned Zard X checks and also helps terrorize offensive builds even more as well as some bulkier builds. Sand also covers threats such as Mega Altaria and opposing Charizard X and helps annoy stuff like Lopunny that can be pretty annoying too.

So yeah, I like this team, but watch out for Mega Alakazam as it kinda rips this team apart once TTar has lost its berry, but you can slightly remedy this with Salac Manaphy but it's pretty situational and you're not always gonna have the berry activated. More uncommon stuff like Conkeldurr can be really annoying too because Knock Off kinda beats Latios while it can just Mach / Drain Punch the rest of the team and with all offensive builds, watch out for Azumarill.

Hope you enjoy.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

I'm interested to make a Hyper Offense team around these two Pokemon. SD Breloom is able to check sand, Chansey, and bulky Water-types, all who are troublesome to Mega Diancie. In return, Mega Diancie is able to check some of Breloom's answers, such as Mega Sableye, Flying-types (Talonflame, Togekiss, Tornadus-T, Mandibuzz, etc.), as well as certain Fire-types (Victini, Mega Charizard-Y, etc).

However, the core has issues, and I would like answers to these problems. First of all, it is weak to bulky Grass-types. Second, their speed tier isn't so great, which means that they are outsped by several threats such as Starmie, Mega Alakazam, Weavile, to name a few. In addition to that, Mega Diancie obviously relies on 50/50s vs. opposing base 110s, such as opposing Mega Diancie, Latios, Gengar, Mega Metagross (the latter sometimes runs Bullet Punch in order to land guaranteed shit on Mega Diancie). Lastly, there are certain Steel-types that can annoy the hell out of the core, particularly (Mega) Metagross, Klefki, Scizor, Ferrothorn, and bulky Jirachi.

In addition, I'd appreciate some form paralysis support (to screw setup sweepers, and remedy the speed problem). As well as a second check to birds and Fire-types, so that Mega Diancie wouldn't get too pressured/worn down too quickly.
Had plans to build this before seeing your post actually. Taking

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
These two look after each other really well, and whatever mane can't beat on its own azu can beat usually. feel free to change the sets, but I feel these two can work really well.
k

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon / Psyshock
- Moonblast / Thunderbolt

Kind of a throwback to DPP, but one of my favorite sets and can break fatter teams. Choose whatever moves are best for the team, and you can make the spread max SpA instead for something more offensive.

So i decided to look at old heatran sets from gen 4 as ideas for teams when i came across Metal sound heatran. After doing a ton of calcs this set looked really fun capable of destroying water types ohkoing most of them after a metal sound. With that said i was wondering if someone could build around it so i could get a solid idea of what the finished build should look like when i build it. Anyways the concept of this core is metal sound heatran+av torn-t. As many of you know rotom-w is a pretty safe switch in as well as hippowdon to tornadus-t due to how they resist/heal off torn-t's hurricanes metal sound heatran on top of this metal sound heatran also happens to invite rotom-w in. By lureing in with metal sound you can remove both of these pokemon and remove them allowing torn-t to wreck havoc now that the torn-t switch in is gone. Id like it if the overall concept of this team is to take advantage of metal sound heatran. to whoever builds this keep the heatran set and try not to make this super generic but still effective if possible.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Metal Sound
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Ok, this was a pretty standard HO build that eventually panned out using Serperior and Keldeo to pressure and weaken bulkier builds while MegaGross rips apart offensive teams late-game. Honestly, I think AgiliGross is a dogshit mon because it already has coverage issues and by giving it a setup move, you're making those issues even worse. It's not like Diancie which only needs 3 moves to function because given your standard MegaGross STABs + coverage, it's pretty easy to wall sadly, but this is why I feel Magnezone is one of the best partners for it because you remove all those annoying Steel-types with ease which drops a lot of pressure off MGross. Serperior also handles annoying stuff like Slowbro and Suicune which is a plus. The main reason I have Hammer Arm is because even though Serp has HP Ground, Heatran isn't going to come in because of the Magnezone, plus it prevents Air Balloon Exca from revenging under sand, you can use any other coverage move of choice because its MegaGross lol. Serperior is a pretty odd set given that its Coba Berry without HP Rock, but the main use of it is to lure Talonflame / Tornadus-T in and get a para off without being forced out and dropping momentum, you can also change this but I just think Talon is really annoying for a lot of my builds :pirate:. Magnezone is a strange one too, but Chople Berry Zone seen use in games by FlamingVictini and I can see the use in it. It is a really cool Alakazam (more for Mega Zam tho) lure because it thinks it can just counter trap you and Focus Blast for free which backfires and puts into a position where it's no longer a threat to the team. It also compensates for the lower Speed and lets you take stuff like Superpowers from Scizor and Secret Swords from Keldeos as well as other Focus Blasts / Close Combats going around, its a cool set. Lando-T because its the best rocker ever, checks a billion things, SD pressures fat mons that think they can get hazards for free (important on this team considering no hazard removal) but yeah I've used Lando-T so much I don't think I need to go into detail. Keldeo brings a well needed Dark resist and helps pressure slower teams with Specs Scalds followed up by Hydros the next time it comes in. Weavile helps with Psychic-types and Serperior which are pretty big threats, Ice Shard is useful in chipping down Mega Zam which kinda just wins if Magnezone loses its berry so watch out for that. This team can be a bit overwhelmed by Keldeo but I changed Metagross to max Speed for that reason (you can still use your older spread but I lost a game because a Gardevoir outsped me, rip.) Weavile's 4 moveslot can be changed to like Aerial Ace if that's your kinda thing which helps wear down Keldeo too, but yeah this team has plenty of counter play to Keldeo despite no solid switchins. You can also try fit a Lati on there but I didn't like the way it forced the build tbh.

Enjoy tho.

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Scald

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Yeah. Nice and simple Zard X team here with the basic and old idea of breaking Zard X checks so Zard can sweep. I changed a bunch of stuff like Zard to max Speed because at this point there's really no reason not to, Manaphy to Wacan with Psychic (I like luring Slowbro for Zard and Venu/Amoonguss for Breloom and baiting in Electrics too, but you can change it to Lum or Salac berry if you like). Also changed Breloom to Fist Plate because it helps prevent Loom from getting worn down to the point where Weavile picks it off easily. But anyway, because of the 3 mon core, it pretty much forced an offensive build and I needed hazard removal, didn't want to use Starmie so I chose Latios. Latios is pretty consistent as a remover so keeping the field clear for Zard isn't that hard. Because its a Zard X build, trying to wear down and overload common checks such as Lando-T, Slowbro, and Hippowdon seemed like the best way to go so I rounded off the team with a TTar/Exca sand core. TTar brings Rocks and a way to trap Latis which can be problematic for Zard, Mana, and Breloom so removing a key threat is always good and TTar appreciates Latios being able to handle Keldeo. SD Excadrill does a fantastic job of annoying the aforementioned Zard X checks and also helps terrorize offensive builds even more as well as some bulkier builds. Sand also covers threats such as Mega Altaria and opposing Charizard X and helps annoy stuff like Lopunny that can be pretty annoying too.

So yeah, I like this team, but watch out for Mega Alakazam as it kinda rips this team apart once TTar has lost its berry, but you can slightly remedy this with Salac Manaphy but it's pretty situational and you're not always gonna have the berry activated. More uncommon stuff like Conkeldurr can be really annoying too because Knock Off kinda beats Latios while it can just Mach / Drain Punch the rest of the team and with all offensive builds, watch out for Azumarill.

Hope you enjoy.
Aayy, thanks! Just a question: How the team deals with Overheat M-Menectric? I mean, im sure lando survives an HP ice but it seems like a bitch for the team.

p2

Banned deucer.
changing keld to scarf and using bisharp over weavile remedies that a little :0

though that makes you weaker to serp. #justHOproblems

also Eraxxer, there already is a team with Banette + Klefki

Last edited:
Eh, Keldeo is p much your only Bisharp switch in and Bisharp still doesn't switch in. Why don't you try Offensive Heatran over Magnezone? The Latis and Fairies in general seem like a bitch, Charizard Y and M-Manectric are checked by it too.

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
These two look after each other really well, and whatever mane can't beat on its own azu can beat usually. feel free to change the sets, but I feel these two can work really well.
Not takin this cuz AM alrdy did but if you were to run banded azu wouldn't it make sense to run some speed to outspend clef? Last thing u want is for it to do any prior damage to you or just soft boiling up until u miss play rough if you happen to be locked in and become a pain in the ass. Hit like 160 in speed, rest in HP and that should make it better/more threatening. I don't see the point of max HP unless you're running AV

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

Serperior @ Coba Berry
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Enjoy tho.

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Scald

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Hope you enjoy.
thanks for the team :D in such quick notice

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Not takin this cuz AM alrdy did but if you were to run banded azu wouldn't it make sense to run some speed to outspend clef? Last thing u want is for it to do any prior damage to you or just soft boiling up until u miss play rough if you happen to be locked in and become a pain in the ass. Hit like 160 in speed, rest in HP and that should make it better/more threatening. I don't see the point of max HP unless you're running AV
Yeah I'm changing spreads for that reason lol.

NG Spencer

Banned deucer.
This is my first time posting on smogon so I'll try not to screw up that badly. I've been trying to build a balance team around this core, but since I'm pretty bad at team building, I've been struggling to do so and thus help would be greatly appreciated.
talonflame.gif

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Evs: 252 Att / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost

Fairly straightforward SD talonflame, brave bird is going to be used the most, and thus sharp beak is the chosen item to increase its power. Flare blitz hits Pokémon that resist brave bird such as thundurus and raikou and destroys steel types, bar heatran, for mega-venusaur. Swords dance boosts talonflames otherwise underwhelming attack and roost provides reliable recovery. The evs allow talonflame to hit as hard as possible and speed tie with opposing max speed talonflames and allows it to switch in to stealth rock two times.

venusaur-mega.gif

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Evs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 16 Spd / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis
-Earthquake

Giga drain is a decently powerful grass stab allowing mega-venusaur to dent the water, ground and rock types that enjoy taking talonflame on. Sludge bomb deals respectable damage, allows mega-venusaur to hit fairy types hard and has a nifty 30% chance to poison. Synthesis is mega-venusaurs only form of reliable recovery which allows it to remain healthy throughout the match. Earthquake is mainly to lure in heatran but it also hurts sub CM raikou and bisharp all Pokémon who would normally do as they please in the mega-venusaurs face.
The evs allow mega-venusaur to live two adamant max attack earth plate boosted earthquakes from landorus-t, allowing mega-venusaur to get rid of it as long as it has been weakened to about 2/3s if it's health or below which isn't hard considering it has no form of reliable recovery. The speed evs let mega-venusaur outspeed 8 speed rotom-wash and fire off a giga drain before they can volt switch out. The remaining evs are thrown into special defence to help mega-venusaur take special hits better. Venusaurite is used to grant venusaur the ability to mega evolve.

This core needs hazard removal as talonflame hates rocks and hazards in general make mega-venusaur easier to wear down. This core is also 2/3s of a fwg core which is always nice for teams. I'd prefer if you wouldn't change the sets, but don't hesitate to you feel it is for the better, thank you.

Attachments

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hola Alfalfa i build the most speedy balance i could without getting 6-0'ed by any common threat. I let Focus on clef because wanna used your set suggestion, it work but i like more t-wave to have a speed control or set up in front of check such as paralyzed heatran but Focus is really nice after 1 CM, or againts Skarm trying to roost, with this in mind and how Clef can lure this walls i choose my mega option being M-Sciz, as Clef lure Skarm and Tran for an easy late game sweep. I prefer a bulky SD set just to maintain the balance/sinergy between member allowing me to check fairies helped by talon as well. You can go SD+3attacks so i leave the set too. Next as we have a 4x weakness mon to rocks defog/spin is really needed, i choose latios because give me offensive pressure and longevity as Starmie had 4MSS which make it hard to use in this case. The struggle against Bisharp so Bulky chomp is there to handle it as well opposing M-Sciz or another physical attacker such as opposing Talonflame. And last i needed a speed control + revenge killer so Scarf Lando-t fit really well and can provide momentum combined with Sciz for stall teams, SuperP>Knock could be an option but i think gengar is more a problem than Mega Gyara. Hope u like and Enjoy and Merry Christmas
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak / Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

OR

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasup ! Darts502_A/M a pretty fun Volt-turn core with common weakness to Ground so my first member after the core its Lando-T, this mon still provide a Volt-turn core as well as Rocks and able to pivot around against some physical attackes and check sand offense, next i wanna some mons that take advantage of this free switch ins due to the volt-turn so i went with a double water choice being CB Azu + Specs Keldeo, between this two can break most of the teams as well can check some common threats such as Dark spam and Exca on sand(Aqua jet's azu), HP Electric for Gyara/BD Azu and the glue of the team is Latios, provide hazard control and a solid keldeo switch in. The team works pretty well and its so fun, so hope u like it and Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

core: Mega Altaria + Tornadus-T
team archetype: preferably semi-stall / balance / fat balance
-I looked through all the teams and didn't see any with this core, besides one that had Gothitelle on it

+

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 168 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Earthquake

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

-The Mega Altaria set isn't set in stone. Feel free to change it if you feel like you would be better able to build a team with a different set.

Lately I have been attempting to build solid semi-stall / fat balance teams. I usually start off by looking at a list of the common stallbreakers / wallbreakers that place the most restrictions on defensively-oriented teams (Hoopa-U / Gengar / Mega Gardevoir / Clefable / Manaphy / Bisharp / Mega Scizor / Mega Medicham / Mega Charizard X / Mega Charizard Y) and see what can counter / hard check a majority of the mons. I wanted to try Mega Altaria + Tornadus-T because it is able to beat a good amount of the mons on the list. However, I have not yet been able to build a successful semi-stall team with the core, so I want to see what someone else can do with it.

AM

LCPL Champion
Vinc608

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Taunt

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 164 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Lum Berry
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power
So yeah basically unless you're running like Zard-Y or something a lot of times the hazard removal portion of Mew teams do kind of suck where they want to be running hazards or played in a way to prevent them. I just went with a pretty basic premise here with a couple of things that deter the normally hazard setters, such as HP Ice Torn-T for Chomp and Lando-T, Taunt for lead Azelfs, ScarfTran, etc. You put a Mew spread that's pretty standard but with Hoopa-U being a thing these days it does seem silly to ALWAYS be a liability to it when not running enough speed for its band set, which at least lets you burn it or knock the item off. Enough speed for Base 80s basically which lets you burn stuff like Offensive SD M-Zor as well. I went with Lum Berry Azu here for the sake of slowing down burns mostly, which pretty much will end Azumarill right there. Scarftran so that M-Venusaur isn't overloaded as your only means to handle M-Manectric teams. Tankchomp is tankchomp not a whole lot to say there and Offensive M-Venu so that you can put more pressure on things like Talonflame and Zards. I have another team that uses Mew that I like a bit better but it felt kind of silly just to be a dick and say "hey look I made this team just for you but in reality I made this 2 months ago". The import for that is right here and since you wanted a team with Mew you can try this out to although a bit harder to use at times. Use and change whatever, enjoy.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 48 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 120 SpD / 84 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Roost
- Spikes

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

byee

Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Volt Switch

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Spore

EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 36 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Shed Shell
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 88 SpA / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
Uh yeah no speed on Azumarill unless you're like AV is going to make a couple of people really sad and I'm clearly a beacon of happiness so not having that. Core is pretty basic granted kind of limits the teambuilding a lot to the same old stuff. Defensive SD Lando-T for Zard-X, M-Scizor, Tflame, Excadrill, ground immunity all that stuff. 88 SpA Klefki so you can 2hko your standard M-Sableyes non CM while being able to pressure with Spikes. Shed Shell on Klefki is for Magnezone primarily so that you don't lose to your typical Magnezone builds. SD Breloom wins a lot of games really easily especially after some spikes which pressure the normal ways people handle Loom barring Latis. Scarf Hydriegon was added as a cleaner and momentum grabber. You set up hazards and pressure with doubles such as getting Hydreigon on a predicted Latios switch in to keep it at bay from Defogging hazards away. Too many hazards on your side of the field can be a problem so it rewards taking some calculated risks here and there. U-Turn is also an option on Lando-T over SD but being able to pressure other Landos and things like Tankchomp is pretty nice. Thundurus is a mild annoyance so getting Manectric evolved as soon as possible is important as well. Enjoy.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam / Hidden Power Fire

Serperior @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Giga Drain / Knock Off / Synthesis

CB KyuB and Serperior.

It's like LO Roost KyuB and Serp except there's a murder story on the news the next morning.

I'd appreciate Balance/Bulky Offense over HO, but I leave it up to the builder to decide which archetype suits the core better.

Hola Alfalfa i build the most speedy balance i could without getting 6-0'ed by any common threat. I let Focus on clef because wanna used your set suggestion, it work but i like more t-wave to have a speed control or set up in front of check such as paralyzed heatran but Focus is really nice after 1 CM, or againts Skarm trying to roost, with this in mind and how Clef can lure this walls i choose my mega option being M-Sciz, as Clef lure Skarm and Tran for an easy late game sweep. I prefer a bulky SD set just to maintain the balance/sinergy between member allowing me to check fairies helped by talon as well. You can go SD+3attacks so i leave the set too. Next as we have a 4x weakness mon to rocks defog/spin is really needed, i choose latios because give me offensive pressure and longevity as Starmie had 4MSS which make it hard to use in this case. The struggle against Bisharp so Bulky chomp is there to handle it as well opposing M-Sciz or another physical attacker such as opposing Talonflame. And last i needed a speed control + revenge killer so Scarf Lando-t fit really well and can provide momentum combined with Sciz for stall teams, SuperP>Knock could be an option but i think gengar is more a problem than Mega Gyara. Hope u like and Enjoy and Merry Christmas
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak / Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

OR

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasup ! Darts502_A/M a pretty fun Volt-turn core with common weakness to Ground so my first member after the core its Lando-T, this mon still provide a Volt-turn core as well as Rocks and able to pivot around against some physical attackes and check sand offense, next i wanna some mons that take advantage of this free switch ins due to the volt-turn so i went with a double water choice being CB Azu + Specs Keldeo, between this two can break most of the teams as well can check some common threats such as Dark spam and Exca on sand(Aqua jet's azu), HP Electric for Gyara/BD Azu and the glue of the team is Latios, provide hazard control and a solid keldeo switch in. The team works pretty well and its so fun, so hope u like it and Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
I admit I did not expect the team to go in the particular direction you took it, but I will still try it out. Thanks!

Nedor

thiccc
core: charizard-x + thundurus
requested by: Claudehylkton Queiroz

starlit nights (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

transparent storm (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

"head up high" (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 136 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

"roll the die" (Empoleon) (F) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

restless dreams (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave

busy life (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

hello Claudehylkton Queiroz, i initially took this core because i have quite a bit of experience building with it as it is fairly common, but on this specific team, i decided to stay away from something standard that i'm sure you've seen countless times, but also remaining as effective as possible. as you requested, i tried to go many different routes for a more balanced approach, but due to the nature of this core, it was simply most optimal to go with a more offensive path. the main reason i ended up going with a more unorthodox team was that every single other option looked extremely similar to something that has already been created, and i definitely didn't want that. when building this version, i focused on trying to apply as much pressure as possible on the opposing team no matter the playstyle or match-up, with a few unconventional breakers / lures that lead to charizard-x cleaning mid-late game. the second version of the team is found below, but it does function similarly to bludz's charizard-x + breloom offense.

first off, i did end up changing the thundurus' set to taunt + thunder wave as opposed to grass knot for a few reasons. when using a prominent offensive core like the one this team is based off of in practice and depending on the skill level of your opponent, grass knot is blatantly obvious, especially with hippowdon dropping in usage with a more offensively inclined metagame. secondly, i managed to include several ways of pressuring the bulky ground types that charizard-x needs weakened or removed before attempting to clean; taunt prevents hazards which a few members benefit from, status which can be annoying, set-up which stops the opposition's win conditions from possibly sweeping you, and recovery which keeps slower mons' in range of the members on your team to revenge kill (this also includes ferrothorn's leech seed which is bothersome for this build to switch into). the combination of taunt and thunder wave really bothers more offensive builds and provides a sweeper check if things go bad or you don't play a specific situation well. i decided to create a little bit of a defensive backbone to provide a secondary check to talonflame as well as a countermeasure towards sand / scarf excadrill and offensive ground types in general, mega lopunny, etc. therefore, sd rocks lando-t was chosen; this spread was created to hit a benchmark of 267 speed, which creeps stuff trying to outspeed jolly base 70's such as breloom and bisharp, a bit of bulk to better deal with the mentioned physical threats by avoiding the 2hko, while having as much damage output as possible with an adamant nature and swords dance to break past bulky waters and grounds which annoy charizard-x. yache berry was chosen on this team to eliminate weavile / other offensive ice types, as well as prominent electric types which can prove to be issues to more offensive playstyles, but you can go rocky helmet or leftovers with a bulkier spread if you'd like, but as i mentioned, the members on this team are interdependent and rely on each other to apply enough pressure until something can clean up.

due to the fact that the original core are both susceptible to rocks, a form of hazard removal is essentially mandatory. the standard forms of removal in the tier that are typically chosen for their solid typing and role compression that fit on this archetype, being starmie or latios honestly force the build to go one way which restricts it greatly, so after going through many possible options, i settled on a different option, offensive shuca berry, defog three attacks empoleon. shuca was chosen to lure in ground types like landorus-t, garchomp, hippowdon, and excadrill which would either get severely weakened or removed, which paves the way for charizard-x to find a set-up opportunity and sweep (depending on whether or not it has a solid match-up, another member of the team can clean up). on a defensive standpoint, it provides solid role compression in a fairy / dragon check, as opposed to using something such as klefki or jirachi which don't have much of an offensive presence. when i decided on this mon', i didn't have high expectations of it to function well, but in my honest opinion, it is very underrated and serves a good role on the team.

at this point, the build looked vulnerable to any variant of keld and a few other offensive water types, mainly referring to bd azumarill if it manages to find a set-up opportunity, as well as weavile / bisharp (darkspam). after thinking about possible options, toxicroak seemed to be optimal, but instead of going with your typical swords dance set, i decided to go with nasty plot for multiple reason, 1. it abuses a form of priority in vacuum wave which takes pressure off of lando-t to check mega lopunny and excadrill 2. it baits in your typical switch-ins like tankchomp and hippowdon and it proceeds to kill them at +2 if focus blast hits. the 8 hp on it's spread is used to hit a life orb number, and modest is ran for maximum damage output, but timid can be ran to outspeed base 80's / 81's, but aside from that, toxicroak has been working well in practice and fulfilling what it's meant to do on the team, while also having that surprise factor to leave your opponent on the backfoot.
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Toxicroak Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 437-515 (104 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Toxicroak Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 441-520 (105 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

aside from thundurus' thunder wave to provide speed control, the build didn't have a form of raw speed or a revenge killer and it was relatively slow because of this, so i settled on scarf kyurem-black for this role. it greatly improves your match-up against more offensive teams and even balance due to it's sheer power, a solid late-game cleaner once steels / fairies have been removed or weakened, which most of the team does really well, a revenge killer for sweepers / fast mons' in general, and another countermeasure to offensive electric types, waters, weavile, etc.

if you want to go with a more balanced approach, you can simply change a few of the roles of the members to will-o-wisp charizard-x, rocks defog mixdef empoleon + double dance landorus-t OR mixdef defog empoleon + standard pivot rocks landorus-t which is still pretty effective. if you want, you can try out pursuit weavile > scarf kyu-b for a form of raw speed, but it also deters hazard removal from common options like starmie and latios, but you do have to play more cautiously around sweepers and faster teams. i went through many versions of this team, hence why it took so long for me to post it, but i had a ton of fun building / playing with the team (thanks to AM and FookMi? for helping with that), and i hope you like it too! Merry Christmas! :toast:

Charizard (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic / Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Breloom @ Fist Plate
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

this is the more "standard" version of charizard-x + thundurus, utilizing a common defensive backbone found on these types of builds, garchomp | landorus-t / klefki which aims to stack hazards, check a majority of the metagame, provide speed control, while not losing too much momentum at the same time. toxic was chosen on klefki to cripple offensive electric types which are kinda annoying for the team to be put in range of breloom's mach punch alongside being pressured by hazards. at this point, i needed a decent switch-in to keldeo as well as removal, i chose starmie as opposed to latios because it would stack too many weaknesses to fairy with klefki as the only resist, having a better speed tier because of metagame standards, as well as rapid spin so i don't remove my own hazards. analytic is ran for maximum damage output and pressuring common switch-ins, but natural cure is also viable to provide a status absorber in order to not get worn down throughout the match. breloom provides a form of priority and another way of bothering offensively based teams through spore, all whilst improving the match-up against weather based teams (rain & sand), mega lopunny, and overwhelming checks to charizard-x and providing it free-set up. as you can tell, the build focuses on pressuring checks to charizard-x and multiple thunder wave users / offense beaters for a late-game sweep by one of the members, depending on the match-up; pretty simple and effective build.
-------------

also, DANN3, i'm dropping your core of sd m-scizor + cm reuniclus and giving permission to m00ns to build with it. sorry about that.

Last edited:
Hi. I'd like an offensive team with my favorite Pokémon Dragonite, along with Gengar that helps against fairies and physical walls.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi. I'd like an offensive team with my favorite Pokémon Dragonite, along with Gengar that helps against fairies and physical walls.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
Yo!

I built a team with this core here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-teambuilding-workshop-v3-open.3551722/page-8#post-6510808

I'm using EQ Dragonite in it but really same basic principle, you can run Fire Punch and give Latios EQ probably

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/637.gif

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Surf
- Hyper Voice

http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/695.gif

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

So yeah basicly , the idea is heliolisk volt switch into Volcarona. Heliolisk can take the water attacks that Volcarona would be weak to and Volcarona could switch in into fighting/fire move that Heliolisk is weak to.
The sets aren't set in stone so you can change it , just try to keep the volt switch and dry skin.
And sorry if i F*cked up somewhere this is my first post on Smogon

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers

EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Metagross @ Metagrossite

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt/Fire Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot
It would be nice if a hyper offensive team was built around these two.
Lando has ice/water/grass weaknesses and metagross takes care of those using Hammer Arm or Meteor Mash. Lando also asorbs and removes some threats like Tyrantair.
The sets may be shaped toward your preferences as you wish however to counter some threats.

Core: SD Gliscor+CM Slowbro
Requested by: 1 True Lycan

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Yeah so I liked this core a lot. You mentioned that you always ended up building something passive with this core so I kept that in mind. CM Bro+SD Gliscor take on all the things that M-Manectric struggles against such as bulky ground-types, Clefable, and Heatran. The duo performed generally well against balanced archetypes so M-Manectric fit in very well as it puts in so much work against HO builds. Next up I added Tyranitar for a secondary bird check, Kyurem-B check, Zard-X/Y check, and it gave very nice Pursuit-trapping support to compliment Slowbro and M-Manectric. Next up I noticed how weak the team was to fairies so I added Ferrothorn which gave a solid check to them and also provided nice SR support. Lastly, I added Latios as my switch in to Keldeo, Manaphy, and Zard Y. Overall the team's archetype is very solid. CM Clefable is a tad bit annoying to face, Bisharp+Zard-X is a very threatening core to face, and Manaphy with HP Fire is really threatening too. Ideally, I'd have liked to shun the Bisharp+Zard-X weakness by adding Defensive Landorus and Keldeo over your original core but that's up to you, doing so makes the team solid overall. Merry Christmas!

I would love to have a balanced team built around the VoltTurn core of Landorus-T and Thundurus. Here are the sets I have been using:

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

This seems like an odd core to build upon, but I've had a lot of success with these sets together.
Choice scarf Landorus-T along with Thundurus outspeeds most openers, and I am always able to prevent entry hazards with taunt, do some hefty damage with VoltTurn, and can easily pull out whatever check to my opponent that I need through the VoltTurn. Landorus-T can also sweep late game. Thundurus is a stall-breaker and cripples fast pokemon with t-wave.
I am happy for the sets to be altered to improve the core.
I always end up building a team that isn't bulky enough to survive, so I guess that could play a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)