Multi Gen Ubers Premier League manager application thread[Read Post #16]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. It's looking likely that UPL will start earlier this year to give our playerbase something to do in the absense of watching SPL games. The timing of this means that myself and Hack will not be able to manage this year, so there will be some open manager slots available.

There will be six teams, so therefore there will also be six managers. We will not have "official" assistant managers this year, although if you want to add someone in an unofficial role that's fine, and chances are they'd be allowed to bid in the auction. I'd greatly prefer that any assistant manager not be someone who would be a quality /active starter in UPL, so if you want an assistant manager, notify me. Alternatively, just can just give assistant manager to someone you draft for your team.

Mr.378 and someone else (I forget lol but I think Astounded) have already been guaranteed manager spots. I've talked to a couple of other people who will likely get spots if they apply, but nothing is set in stone. There will be a couple of wide open spots as well, but I expect many people to apply so yea, don't be offended if you are not chosen.

Application "form":

1. What tiers do you play well enough to playtest at a UPL level?

2. List your accomplishments in the Ubers tier (anything you can think of).

3. Why would you make a good manager? (you can write a tl;dr or a sentence, i don't really care)

4. List any inactivity you might have for the next several months.

gsc ubers
adv ubers
dpp ubers
ORAS maybe

finished 2nd in that adv ubers tournament
i think i did decently in some dpp ubers tours before
i also know sweep

3. Why would you make a good manager? (you can write a tl;dr or a sentence, i don't really care)
i have experience managing nupl teams, and always work closely with players to create a comfortable environment to play and test in :)

my dream is to manage a team in every PL

i rly dont have anything else to do

Application "form":

DPP BW ORAS (I play everything)

Beat THE Kruaersaut in UU open

Beat sweep and tesung like 800 times in intense test games

6-1 in team tour lost to some shedinja bullshit rofl

Won UUPL with probably the best auction plan known to mankind, built like 20 ORAS teams the whole season

I'd force my players to use my ORAS ubers innovation, leading to Victory

None!

I'm not an ubers player but I'm a really nice and capable guy I SWEAR :D

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
none

none

im yohoE

none

oras
xy
bw2
dpp
shoddy battle dpp

Accomplished Moderator status (@) in Ubers room twice.
2 time upl player with middling records
Hosted multiple ubers subforum tournaments with success.
Has a cult following.
Formed the team that won the recent MUTE tournament.
Won or placed highly in most subforum tournaments.

I promise to make Ubers Premier League great again!

School but I can manage around that.

1) ORAS BW

2) Won Ubers summer seasonal

3) I am always open-minded and consistent in my dealings with all others, and always happy to consider new suggestions and ideas from others, even if these ideas do not conform to the conventional way of doing things. They value participation from all members of the team

Having that said, I promise to make ubers premier league great again!

4) None

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I've been guaranteed a slot but I'll submit all the same.

All of them. I play every Ubers tier well.

I've played ubers in some form for around 10 years now and I have decent finishes in a few tours.

I've been here longer then most of the community and I know how this game works pretty well. I've also been in the community and know how things work around here and I can help anyone who needs it. As said earlier I play everything so I think that would lend well to me being a manager because that way I can help my entire team with ideas and testing.

None.

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner

All

Ubers open winner, Ubers summer seasonal's runner up etc

In order to get the best out of my team. I know how to read my players and adapt their style to suit; I also have the ability to see potential in others and how to foster it.

Nope

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

ORAS and if it's included, XY.

2. List your accomplishments in the Ubers tier (anything you can think of). *totally taking "anything you can think of" to heart*
everyone knows I invented everything in ORAS Ubers zzzzz

Won Other Tier Series circuit, participated in the last two UPLs (and un-officially assmanned the last one), was the biggest advocate for Ubers' inclusion in SPL 7 (we tried, we tried), used to do fairly well in Ubers tournaments but have been plagued with terrible luck as of late, hosted two Ubers subforum tours, Ubers tutor, organized and participated in an Uberscast, was Sweep's good-luck charm in HRUC.

3. Why would you make a good manager? (you can write a tl;dr or a sentence, I don't really care)

I know that a couple people think I wouldn't, and they bring up fair points to go along with that. They say I'm immature, and inexperienced. My response to both of those is simply that to prove them wrong, I have to be given the chance to. I think it's fair to say I've come leaps and bounds from the Krauersaut that people remember, and want to be able to show people that. A negative stigma surrounds me and many of the things I do on this site, and that's largely my fault. I can own up to that. All I ask is for a moment, a tiny lapse of a chance for me to prove myself.

As far as being "inexperienced", it can't be in regards to Ubers. I've been playing this game since the end of BW2, I know my Ubers. So, then, it's gotta be in regards to management itself. My managerial experience isn't particularly lacking, certainly not any less than other applicants. Like mentioned above, I've hosted two Ubers tours and an Uberscast. I've run the Pokemon of the Week Facebook posts for shy of 2 years. Lutra considered me experienced enough to ass-manage an SPL team with him, and we damn near got a slot, too. If you take anything from the ego that was the last 3 sentences, let it be that I'm well used to working with people and getting the job done. To manage a UPL team, something I care about quite a lot, would be extremely positive to not only the tournament, but me, as cliche as that is. I invest a lot of time and effort into this site because it's what I enjoy doing, and to manage a team on the pinnacle team tournament of ORAS Ubers would only drive me more.

To elaborate on the last point there, my ultimate goal on Smogon is to participate, in some way, shape or form, in SPL. Ideally as a manager/ass-man. Maybe both, if I last long enough. UPL is my (gigantic) stepping stone to that goal, and even disregarding all else, that pushes me to succeed more than anything. I care about this tier, this website, far, FAR too much. Certainly significantly more than most, even more than the other people who've signed up to manage (who are still great candidates, but, just saying, they aren't tryharding long ass application posts after 12:00 A.M :3).

Everyone and anyone who has in any way interacted with me in recent history knows how long I've been waiting for this. I can only implore you, Fireburn and Sweep, to give me the chance to prove I can do it, and I swear I won't disappoint.

None, I spend more time on this site than not.

~~~

Well, that's that. Good luck to everyone else who applied, and regardless of all else, let's have a fantastic UPL. :]

ORAS
XY
BW2
DPP (not farceus)

i mean playtest is different from "win in a tour in this gen" so hey

same record as dice (THE 45k buy, btw) for 1/6th of the price last upl (my team won that !)
i write/qc the analyses that all the young ones learn this tier with
not toxic
revived ubers c&c

i'd like to think i get on well with the majority of people
mm2 gave me his blessing
i'd have dice as (unofficial) assistant manager
im active as fuck (i mean im posting on smogon on christmas day cmon)
i use irc and not skype

zero

gimme the drizzlers

oras
xy
bw2

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-32407

i am the best teambuilder around besides lance

i will not be available at all the next several months

DPP, XY (not ORAS) & maybe BW depending on what is considered UPL level. Although I did delete all my teams, but it shouldn't be hard to find some.

Anything? DPP: I played last UPL, 4-1 record. XY: Lost to winner in XY Uber Tour (finals) and Ubers open III (Round 5). BW: Not much, 5-0 record in Uberstars though :D

Well, I have manager experience. WCoP twice, RoAPL twice, OUPL once.

Lower activity during exam weeks, and depending on my players I might have conflicting timezones, but that shouldn't be a huge issue. I'm primarily online in weekends.

Also I might prefer to play, not 100% sure yet. Also if I can pick a preference team it'd be Durians.

e: probably playing

Last edited:

all of them

im the best

im the best

none

when im accepted i will allow dice to join me as an underling

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Applications are closed! Sweep and I have selected the following users to be our managers for UPL IV:

SoulDew Strongs - Mr.378
Defiant Durians - Astounded
Glorious Genesects - yohoE
DaReal Drizzlers - Nayrz
Grand Helix Fossils - Level 56
really good reshirams - Raseri

I'll be in contact with them over the next couple days to make sure they know what they're getting themselves into. Players signups will go up shortly afterward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)