CAP 21 CAP 21 - Part 11 - Complete Movepool Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I made a few edits to some of the flavor (borrowing from mons in the Mineral/Amorphous group respectively). I do have to thank Korski though because I largely lifted his organizational structure, which I thought was a fantastic way to give a narrative and make things easy to organize for an overall comparison.

Right now I'm liking Withdraw over Defense Curl. Even though Defense Curl + Rollout could be a thing, there are even round rock types (Omanyte/Omastar) that learn Withdraw or Harden but not Defense Curl. Overall I just thought that since Crucibelle likes to assume a shape that's only round at the middle and has a clear base and top, that going with Withdraw and Gyro Ball was sufficient and Rollout was ultimately unnecessary.

As far as Wood Hammer and Coil, even though I know Sudowoodo and Eelektross are in the respective Mineral/Amorphous groups, I really feel they should be Heart Scale moves because they strike me more as being part of the pot itself (it coils around inside the pot for example), rather than something a base form should be doing (I imagine the base form to be more of a slime or a more basic pot rather than the stronger material Crucibelle would be made out of. Think Slugma-Magcargo or Larvitar-Pupitar for a more solid-based example.

FINAL SUBMISSION

Here we go, first moveset submission. Underlined moves are repeats.

- Head Smash
- Poison Jab
- Substitute
- Withdraw
- Astonish
- Acid
6 - Safeguard
8 - Feint Attack
12 - Smog
15 - Protect
18 - Quick Attack
24 - Headbutt
27 - Haze
30 - Skull Bash
36 - Ancient Power
36 - Sludge
42 - Refresh
44 - Self-Destruct
48 - Sludge Wave
54 - Poison Jab
60 - Reflect
66 - Head Smash

Used Mawile as a base. Like Mawile, its strongest level-up STAB moves are also Heart Scale moves. I set it up so it learns a move by every 6th level up to level 66. I see Crucibelle as a Weeping Angel or SCP-173 kind of creature due to its implied malevolence and deceptively very high speed for something that should be immobile, so I wanted to focus its learnset on hiding/being immobile and then trying to strike as hard as possible afterwards. Early on, it mostly withdraws/hides behind substitutes, then draws in the opponent to strike it (Astonish/Feint Attack). It learns Quick Attack to quickly close the distance between its target and hit it before it becomes aware. As it gains more confidence, it starts learning Headbutt, Skull Bash, Poison Jab and Head Smash as it becomes more and more use to attacking in the open and using its speed to smack its head lid into things very hard. Protect is extremely common on 'shelled' Pokemon like Crucibelle, so felt it was appropriate for it to get from leveling up. At level 36 (6 x 6), it gains both of its lesser physical STAB attacks, Ancient Power and Sludge. Acid, Sludge and Sludge Wave obviously reflect it being a slime monster. Smog/Haze come from the steam/gas from boiling liquids (pretty sure there's a term for it but I can't think of it right now). Safeguard + Reflect goes with Magic Guard as more 'mystical' moves that also serve to shield it better. Gave it Self-Destruct at level 44, as '4' is associated with death in Japan and Self-Destruct would be less likely than Explosion to cause unintentional issues. Refresh goes with Regenerator and makes it less vulnerable to Scald burns if it runs it.
TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM21 Frustration
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM68 Giga Impact
TM69 Rock Polish
TM71 Stone Edge
TM74 Gyro Ball
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Secret Power
HM06 Rock Smash

Not a whole lot to comment on here. It gets U-Turn from here along with some Poison and Rock moves it doesn't get otherwise, but not much else of note.
Captivate (Froslass)
Coil (Eelektross)
Covet (Sudowoodo)
Fake Tears (Yamask)
Fire Spin (Solrock)
Incinerate (Solrock)
Sing (Froslass)
Sunny Day (Solrock)
Toxic Spikes (Yamask)
Wood Hammer (Sudowoodo)

Egg moves are set up so that its secondary traits are brought out by breeding. Fake Tears, Captivate, Covet and Sing bring out its 'cute/seductive' side. Fire Spin, Incinerate and Sunny Day represents the heated aspects of its urn/crucible side. Wood Hammer's there because its required, but I think it can kinda fit flavor. Maybe it solidifies organic acid or something and hits enemies with it. Toxic Spikes I felt didn't quite fit as a level-up move, so I made it an egg move instead.
Giga Drain
Gunk Shot
Iron Head
Low Kick
Snore
Spite
Stealth Rock
Trick
Zen Headbutt

Giga Drain is very common on Poison types, so included it here. Iron Head + Zen Headbutt gives it variants of head smacking. Gunk Shot, Low Kick, Snore, Trick and Stealth Rock are required, but are all good fitting moves. Spite brings out more of its malevolent nature.

In keeping with the '6' theme, I restricted myself to 66 moves (sans repeats) for the moveset. One outlying move my set has that I'm unsure of is Sing. Its not listed as banned at the moment, but with one boost from Coil it gets pretty close to Sleep Powder's accuracy. Would Coil + Sing be a problem?

Last edited:
FINAL SUBMISSION

I follow the "6" and 21 themes.
BOLD is required
Italics is universal
- Fake Tears
- Refresh
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Withdraw
- Safeguard
-4- Sludge
-6- Rock Throw
-10- Headbutt
-13- Lucky Chant
-16- Toxic
-17- Coil
-21- Venom Drench
-26- Head Smash
-31- Gastro Acid
-36- Toxic Spikes
-42- Ancient Power
-48- Reflect
-56- Quick Attack
-58- Confuse Ray
-66- Gunk Shot

I didn't really use a base for this part. Since we know that Crucibelle is very shy, at the beginning she is very cautious and careful about what she does, with her only attack being Poison Jab. She will withdraw to her pot whenever she is in any way spooked. She likes to feel like she is safe, and will protect herself if she senses anything close to dangerous. As she grows up, she is still very cautious, and prefers to throw things from the safety of her pot rather than physically attack her enemy. At level 10 she learns that her helmet could be used as a weapon, and becomes very slightly less cautious. Lucky Chant shows that she is still very cautious, and Toxic is a hit-and-hide thing. Coil is another symbol of Crucibelle's cautiousness, and she will coil up in her pot when she feels threatened. Venom Drench is because Crucibelle has learned to take advantage of her poisoned foes. Head Smash is a big risk for Crucibelle; she likes the power but it very afraid of the recoil. Gastro Acid is Crucibelle learning to use the sludge she has. Toxic Spikes is perfect for Crucibelle, she doesn't have to do anything and her foes are poisoned. Double Kick shows that she's getting less cautious about using her body, but Ancient Power is a safer option, which I think Crucibelle would prefer. Reflect reflects the fact that she is still very cautious, and Quick Attack shows her speed. Confuse Ray still shows that she is very shy. Then Gunk Shot, because she likes to throw her sludge at passerby.

- Double Team
- U-turn
- Hidden Power
- Gyro Ball
- Rain Dance
- Frustration
- Return
- Hyper Beam
- Substitute

- Confide
- Psychic
- Attract
- Giga Impact

- Stone Edge
- Psyshock
- Explosion
- Secret Power
- Facade
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

- Payback
- Sunny Day
- Rock Tomb
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw
- Dazzling Gleam
- Swagger
- Bulk Up
- Rock Polish
- Round
- Snore

- Sludge Wave

Not much to say here, really. A few standard-ish moves for her types and some required moves. Also Bulk Up.

-Rollout (Sudowoodo, Roggenrola, Claydol)
-Wood Hammer (Sudowoodo, Solrock, Ferrothorn)
-Petal Dance (Roserade, Breloom, Whimsicott)
-Charm (Clefable, Audino, Togekiss)

Now, everybody has basically been doing Am/Min, but I decided to try and bring out Crucibelle's cute and fairyish side. Rollout is because, well...have YOU every tried rolling a pot down a hill? It goes pretty fast. Wood Hammer is required.
I kind of imagine Crucibelle as actually a stickler for nature, since both rock and poison are parts of nature, so I added Petal Dance. Crucibelle learns Charm because of how dang adorable she is.

-Low Kick
-Snore
-Trick
-Zen Headbutt
-Signal Beam
-Stealth Rock
-Last Resort
-Seed Bomb
-Covet

Low Kick, Snore, and Trick are required. Zen Headbutt goes with the idea of using her head as a weapon. Signal Beam is Crucibelle's call for help, she's extremely frightened of bad odds. Last Resort is for when Crucibelle has no idea what to do. Stealth Rock is required. Then Seed Bomb, which is more of a flavor move since Crucibelle likes to chuck things. Covet adds a bit of mystique.

Please let me know if there is anything wrong.
This IS my first moveset.

Last edited:
Final Submission
H - Toxic Spikes
H - Transform
1 - Tackle
1 - Defense Curl
5 - Rock Throw
8 - Mud Slap
12 - Sludge
18 - Headbutt
21 - Mud Bomb
25 - Rollout
29 - Poison Jab
32 - Amnesia
36 - Rock Slide
40 - Sludge Bomb
43 - Acid Armor
47 - Coil
51 - Double Edge
57 - Gunk Shot
64 - Head Smash
TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Smack Down
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect

TM34 Sludge Wave
TM36 Sludge Bomb (R)
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round

TM56 Fling
TM64 Explosion
TM68 Giga Impact
TM69 Rock Polish
TM71 Stone Edge

TM74 Gyro Ball
TM77 Psych Up
TM80 Rock Slide (R)
TM84 Poison Jab (R)
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Secret Power

TM96 Nature Power
TM100 Confide
HM06 Rock Smash
Gunk Shot (R)
Iron Head
Low Kick
Role Play
Seed Bomb
Snore
Stealth Rock
Trick

Zen Headbutt
Ancient Power - Magcargo
Bullet Seed - Gourgeist
Iron Head (R) - Ferrothorn
Metronome - Dusknoir
Mud Sport - Stunfisk
Rock Blast - Golem
Seed Bomb (R) - Gourgeist
Self-Destruct - Weezing
Stealth Rock (R) - Carbink
Wood Hammer - Trevenant
Zen Headbutt (R) - Reuniclus
Acid Armor
Amnesia
Ancient Power
Attract
Bullet Seed
Coil
Confide

Defense Curl
Double Edge
Double Team
Explosion
Facade
Fling
Frustration
Giga Impact
Gunk Shot

Gyro Ball
Head Smash
Headbutt
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam

Iron Head
Light Screen
Low Kick
Metronome
Mud Bomb
Mud Slap
Mud Sport
Nature Power
Poison Jab
Protect
Psych Up
Rain Dance
Reflect
Rest
Return

Rock Blast
Rock Polish
Rock Slide
Rock Smash
Rock Throw
Rock Tomb
Role Play
Rollout
Round
Sandstorm
Secret Power
Seed Bomb
Self-Destruct
Sleep Talk
Sludge
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Smack Down
Snore
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Substitute

Sunny Day
Swagger
Tackle
Toxic
Toxic Spikes

Transform
Trick
U-turn

Venoshock
Wood Hammer
Zen Headbutt
Bold = required
(R) = repeat

Alright, here's the rundown. For Crucibelle's level up movepool, it starts out with Tackle and Defense Curl as its basic method of attack and defense. Outside of this, it doesn't move around a whole lot at first, and the first skill it gains after this is to throw stuff from the safety of its pot, such as with Rock Throw, Mud Slap, and Sludge. Eventually, Crucibelle starts to use its hard helmet as a weapon as seen with Headbutt, and it become more confident in its fighting capabilities outside of the pot as a result, eventually learning moves like Poison Jab. Crucibelle becomes more powerful and skilled with the projectiles it launches from its pot as well, as seen with Sludge Bomb and Mud Bomb. In addition to its attacking capabilities, Crucibelle gains the ability to fortify its own defenses with Amnesia and Acid Armor, making it and its pot even sturdier and safer. Crucibelle can even learn Coil once it gains enough experience, allowing it to concentrate and simultaneously boost its offensive and defensive prowess. This concentration allows it to become more reckless when it leaves the pot and can take advantage of dangerous moves such as Double Edge, Gunk Shot, and finally, the deadly Head Smash.

Crucibelle also gets Toxic Spikes and Transform via Heart Scale. Toxic Spikes provide it with another item it can throw and scatter around the foe, while Transform plays on its gooey appearance, allowing it to leave the pot completely and morph its body to match that of its foe.

The TM/HM moves are fairly straightforward given Crucibelle's Rock / Poison typing, as it receives Stone Edge, Rock Polish, Poison Jab, Venoshock, and several other moves that are commonly seen on Rock- and Poison-types. Smack Down and Fling focus on its throwing ability. Psych Up focuses more on its ability to copy the foe as seen with Transform earlier.

The tutor moves focus on a few of Crucibelle's special skills, such as using its helmet as a weapon, as seen with Iron Head and Zen Headbutt. Role Play focuses on its copying abilities once again, and moves like Trick and Low Kick give it some sneaky things to do when it's outside the pot, switching items and tripping large opponents. Seed Bomb goes hand in hand with other bomb moves it can learn like Sludge Bomb and Mud Bomb, and gives it a weaker, recoil-free Grass-type coverage option to use in place of Wood Hammer.

The egg moves do contain a fair number of repeats from the tutor moves, as they make enough sense flavor-wise to do so. Ancient Power is a fairly common egg move for many Rock-types. Mud Sport is a sensible option given its other mud-themed level up moves. Bullet Seed and Rock Blast play off of its other projectile moves. Metronome because hey, it actually has fingers this time! Self-Destruct lets it go boom as seen with Explosion earlier, and Wood Hammer... well, it's required. Maybe it's hiding a tree trunk in its pot.

Last edited:
I've noticed quite a bit that seems off with your movepool.

first, for level up, it seems very unusual to have Gunk Shot so early, but weak moves like Double Kick and Heabutt to late. It doesn't follow any basic power curve, and hops around a lot. Streamlining this would make it much more appealing.

A lot of your TM's are wrong. Only use gen 6 tms, as gen 6 is the only gen this 'mon currently exists in. Rollout, Coil, etc. are not TM's.

List your Egg Groups. We don't know what they are and that determines what you can get from which Pokemon. Right now it seems you're getting egg moves from 5 different groups. You can only choose 2, and even then they have to make sense so that you can get votes in the polls.

Your Tutor moves are also incorrect. Double Team, for example, is not a Tutor move, but rather a TM.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/TM#List_of_TMs

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_Tutor#Battle_Resort_Move_Tutors

Use these pages as references to see which moves are compatible. Make sure ONLY to use Gen 6 TMs.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
WIP
I follow the "6" and 21 themes. I WILL add reasons for the moves in the future.
- Fake Tears
- Refresh
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Withdraw
- Safeguard
-4- Sludge
-6- Rock Throw
-10- Headbutt
-13- Lucky Chant
-16- Toxic
-17- Secret Power
-21- Venom Drench
-26- Head Smash
-31- Gastro Acid
-36- Toxic Spikes
-39- Double Kick
-42- Ancient Power
-48- Reflect
-56- Quick Attack
-58- Confuse Ray
-66- Gunk Shot

- Double Team
- U-turn
- Hidden Power
- Gyro Ball
- Rain Dance
- Frustration
- Return
- Hyper Beam
- Substitute
- Confide
- Psychic
- Attract
- Giga Impact
- Stone Edge
- Embargo
- Facade
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Payback
- Shadow Claw
- Swagger
- Bulk Up
- Rock Polish
- Round
- Snore
- Sludge Wave

-Covet (Sudowoodo)
-Stealth Rock (Solrock)
-Rollout (Sudowoodo)
-Wood Hammer (Sudowoodo)
-Rock Tomb (Sudowoodo)
-Sunny Day (Solrock)
-Moonblast (Clefable)
-Petal Dance (Roserade)
-Psyshock (Clefable)
-Charm (Clefable)
-Seed Bomb (Roserade)

-Low Kick
-Snore
-Trick
-Zen Headbutt
-Signal Beam
-Helping Hand
-Last Resort
-Thunder Punch
-Magic Room

Please let me know if there is anything wrong.
This IS my first moveset.
I don I don't see Coil. It was not there and it's required.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Already, seeing as discussion and submissions are both slowing down, consider this your 24 hour warning (probably more like a 26 or 26 hour warning; I plan on closing around 8 PM tomorrow Eastern Time). All submissions must have all of the required moves, no banned moves, have 70 or less total moves, and must be marked in bold as a Final Submission in order to be legal.

I've been trying to get a hold of jas61292 so that we could talk about one move in particular, but he hasn't been on recently. I really would have liked to talked to him before making this decision, but due to time limits I'm going to go ahead and make this decision on my own. jas is of course highlighted here and he can choose to go against this if he chooses to do so.

Essentially, I think that Magnet Rise has the potential to mess with our checks/counters list too much. Specifically, Hippowdon loses his status as an extremely hard check if CAP gets this move. I think Magnet Rise would very safely be OO, if not slash worthy on another set. Also weighing into this decision is the core concept here of Typing Underdog. Magnet Rise essentially gets around our most crippling weakness; a weakness that we took very seriously and included in many of our defensive calcs. Coil in particular relied on calcing against Earthquakes in order to show that it was a balanced move. I feel like Magnet rise would defeat a good portion of the discussions we've had and the decisions we've made this CAP. Therefore, I am going to ban it.

Deck Knight has the only submission to my knowledge with this move, so here's your notification tag.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

68 Moves
Bold: Required Move
Italics: Repeated Move

Start Tackle
Start Rock Throw
3 Acid
6 Withdraw
9 Rock Tomb
13 Headbutt
17 Sludge
21. Toxic Spikes
26. Ancient Power
31 Zen Headbutt
36. Rock Slide
41. Acid Armor
47. Gunk Shot
53 Skull Bash
59 Head Smash

Here, I mostly decided to give Crucibelle a combination of a typical Rock-type level-up move-pool and a Poison-Type typical movepool although I did add a couple of things. Withdraw and Acid Armor to a lesser extent are here in order to emphasize Crucibelle's Shy nature, with Withdraw making Crucibelle hide in its pot. Acid Armor typically involves a Pokemon to liquefy itself in some way (Hell it's Japanese name is even Liquefy) so I thought it would be fitting for Crucibelle to completely liquefy itself to hide. Headbutt, Zen Headbutt, Skull Bash, and Head Smash are here in order to emphasize Crucibelle's nature by constantly attacking with headbutts in a similar way to the Craindos family. I decided to do a 3-3-3-4-4-4-5-5-5-6-6-6 pattern for the movepool itself.

Wood Hammer (From Sudowoodo and Trevenant)
Coil (From Eelektross)
Venom Drench (From Muk, Swalot, and Trevenant)
Rollout (From Golem, Steelix, Sudowoodo, Probopass, Garbador, Glaile, Ferrothorn, Weezing, Magcargo, Swalot, Chimecho, Drifblim, and Reunclius)

I decided to go with the Mineral and Amorphous groups since they are the egg groups that work the best with Crucibelle's design (Apart from Human-Like, but neither that or Mineral, the one that fits the best, get a mon with Coil). Wood Hammer and Coil are here because the are the required moves on Crucibelle that make the least sense, and I feel like these types of moves work best as egg moves. Venom Drench and Rollout are here to express secondary characteristics of Crucibelle, such as the ability to throw its sludge around from the pot and the possibility for it to make its pot roll around.

TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Smack Down
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM49 Echoed Voice
TM53 Energy Ball
TM59 Incinerate
TM63 Embargo
TM64 Explosion
TM68 Giga Impact
TM69 Rock Polish
TM71 Stone Edge

TM74 Gyro Ball
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-Turn
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Secret Power
TM97 Dark Pulse
TM100 Confide
HM04 Strength
HM06 Rock Smash

I decided to add Gyro Ball just because it really does seem like it would make a lot of sense on Crucibelle, plus this move is going to be piss weak with our high speed. I also decided to add some more ominous moves such as Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, and Embargo to capitalize on Crucibelle's somewhat ominous appearance with the skulls on its pot. Explosion was proven not to be that much of a problem thanks to Korski earlier, so decided to add it here because of the flavor it provides. Energy Ball is on here because I decided to make Giga Drain a move tutor move and Energy Ball is generally on mons that get Giga Drain. Incinerate is on here to capitalize on that point of a Crucible, to heat things up.

Low Kick
Stealth Rock

Snore
Gunk Shot
Water Pulse
Trick
Block
Zen Headbutt
Iron Head
Helping Hand
Giga Drain
Iron Defense
Spite

Most of the moves are typical moves that a Rock Type and a Poison Type get via move tutor, but there are some special cases. Spite is on here to once again to capitalize on Crucibelle's somewhat ominous appearance. Water Pulse is here mainly because of the toxic fluid in Crucibelle's pot, and I decided to capitalize on it a bit more. Iron Head is on here to again capitalize on Crucibelle's headbutting nature, and it doesn't hurt our Checks and counters much if at all.

Return/Frustration
Facade
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Rock Slide
Poison Jab
Zen Headbutt
Iron Head

Hidden Power
Shadow Ball
Sludge Wave
Sludge Bomb
Energy Ball
Dark Pulse
Giga Drain

Toxic
Protect
Rest
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Acid Armor
Iron Defense

Last edited:

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Final Submission

- Head Smash
- Dig
- Withdraw
- Rollout
5 - Rock Smash
9 - Rock Throw
13 - Sludge
17 - Rock Blast
21 - Mud Shot
25 - Headbutt
29 - Poison Jab
33 - Power Gem
37 - Imprison
41 - Vacuum Wave
45 - Acid Armor
49 - Skull Bash
53 - Flame Burst
57 - Stealth Rock
61 - Mimic
65 - Gunk Shot
69 - Head Smash
It's movepool has some relation to shyness, cremation, and headbutting. Dig, Withdraw, Acid Armor, Imprison, and to an lesser extent, Skull Bash, all relate to it sort of being shy and want to be not seen. Flame Burst is related to cremation, as it looks like a cremation pot it is in. The headbutting theme is related to Headbutt, Skull Bash, and obviously Head Smash, as it can be seen ramming it's head into the opponent. There are other themes, too. There is a slime theme with Acid Armor, Sludge, Acid, and maybe Mud Shot, a rolling thing with Rollout, and a Rock Throwing throwing with Stealth Rock, Rock Blast, Rock Throw, and Power Gem. There is also some other moves like Vacuum Wave and Mimic that have no limit.
TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Smack Down
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM59 Incinerate
TM68 Giga Impact
TM69 Rock Polish
TM71 Stone Edge
TM74 Gyro Ball
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Secret Power
TM97 Dark Pulse
TM100 Confide
HM06 Rock Smash

Not a whole lot to comment on here. It gets U-Turn from here along with some Poison and Rock moves it doesn't get otherwise plus Incinerate for the cremation theme, but not much else of note.
All egg moves are followed by the current, ORAS only (as in, no cross-gen tutors or TMs) movepools.
Snore (Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Onix, Sudowoodo, Steelix, Nosepass, Probopass, Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Trubbish, Garbodor, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Klefki, Snorunt, Glalie, Froslass, Dwebble, Crustle, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Grimer, Muk, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Koffing, Weezing, Misdreavus, Slugma, Magcargo, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gulpin, Swalot, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops, Chimecho, Drifloon, Drifblim, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Gallade, Dusknoir, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Frillish, Jellicent, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Castform, Shellos, Gastrodon, Stunfisk, Phantump, Trevenant)
Coil (Eelektrik, Eelektross)
Wood Hammer (Sudowoodo, Phantump, Trevenant)
Double-Edge (Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Onix, Sudowoodo, Steelix, Nosepass, Probopass, Chimecho)
Toxic Spikes (Trubbish, Garbodor, Koffing, Weezing, Yamask, Cofagrigus)
Flame Burst (Slugma, Magcargo, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure)
Ancient Power (Slugma, Magcargo)
Low Kick (Sudowoodo, Gallade)
Block (Sudowoodo, Nosepass, Probopass, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Snorunt, Glaile, Dwebble, Crustle, Onix, Steelix, Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Ferrothorn, Aegislash, Trevenart)
Giga Drain (Grimer, Muk, Gastly, Hauntar, Gengar, Gulpin, Swalot, Trubbish, Garbodor, Frillish, Jellicent, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Phantump, Trevenant, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist)
Thunder Punch (Dusclops, Dusknoir, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Grimer, Muk, Sudowoodo, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Nosepass, Gulpin, Swalot, Gallade, Probopass, Reuniclus)

It's pretty simple. Mostly moves copied over from tutors, TMs, and level-up moves. The only unique ones are Ancient Power, Toxic Spikes, Double-Edge, Coil, and Wood Hammer. 3 of them are required, so it's not much to talk.
Block
Giga Drain
Gunk Shot

Icy Wind
Iron Head
Low Kick
Snatch
Snore
Stealth Rock
Thunder Punch

Trick
Zen Headbutt

Giga Drain is very common on Poison types, so included it here. Iron Head + Zen Headbutt gives it variants of head smacking. Thunder Punch makes a bit sence as it has hands, plus it's the only Punch move it can learn. Gunk Shot, Low Kick, Snore, Trick and Stealth Rock are required, but are all good fitting moves. Snatch brings out a bit of a sneaky nature.
Attract
Confide
Double Team
Facade
Frustration
Giga Impact
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Protect
Rest
Return
Round
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Swagger
Toxic
Head Smash
Gunk Shot
Wood Hammer
Coil
Low Kick
U-turn
Stealth Rock
Trick
Rock Polish
Toxic Spikes
Reflect
Stone Edge
Rock Tomb
Rock Slide
Secret Power
Sandstorm
Smack Down
Sludge Bomb
Venoshock
Thunder Punch
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Rock Throw
Rock Smash
Giga Drain
Mud Shot
Snatch
Withdraw
Ancient Power
Rock Blast
Poison Jab
Gyro Ball
Flash Cannon
Acid Armor
Sludge
Rain Dance
Power Gem
Incinerate
Block
Imprison
Grass Knot
Rollout
Mimic
Snore
Zen Headbutt
Headbutt
Skull Bash
Dig
Iron Head
Icy Wind
Flame Burst
Double-Edge
Vacuum Wave

Oh yeah, why isn't Transform banned? It's almost extremely OP if it pulls it off and it'll hurt when it has a Choice Scarf, if the effects counts make it use Struggle instead.

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
Oh yeah, why isn't Transform banned? It's almost extremely OP
We have just a tiny bit higher HP than Mew. Mew is faaaaar from a transforming god.

Not to mention that transform eats up a valuable turn to even use. You could liken it to a boosting move, really (since it requires a turn's action to change your stats) and when such a comparison is made, it is undoubtedly less reliable than most other commonly used boosting moves. And we have Coil...

Basically, Transform is quite gimmicky.

Oh yeah, why isn't Transform banned? It's almost extremely OP if it pulls it off and it'll hurt when it has a Choice Scarf, if the effects counts make it use Struggle instead.
To add onto what heal has said:

Transform is not a very competitively viable move; just look at Ditto, who is barely even considered viable despite having an ability that basically is an immediate use of the move. Not even a decent HP stat can save the move, as it's almost never useful enough to waste a moveslot on.

If I'm wrong in the end, then I don't see a big deal with having an OO option on choice scarf sets.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There are plenty of good submissions in this thread that I would love to vote for if not for one major flaw: the high number of Egg moves. Out of all Pokemon introduced in XY, the Hawlucha and Chespin families tower over everybody else with a grand total of seven Egg moves available to be passed down. The only XY Pokemon that surpasses this number is Sylveon, which has the benefit of evolving from a Gen. 1 Pokemon that has been accumulating Egg moves for over 15 years. Sylveon is the exception that proves the rule: Pokemon that were introduced in XY (which each of our CAPs since the release have been presumed to be) do not learn more than seven Egg moves (the average for all families is around four). Go ahead and check it out. This is precedent. Not only that, it's an entirely consistent precedent, which is rare in this game. I don't presume to know why GF made this call but they did, and they did it on purpose, just like they give every Pokemon the move Double Team on purpose. Precedent is a thing we typically go out of our way to honor in CAP because we strive to create characters that accurately fit into the Pokemon game GameFreak invented. So what changed? Imagine somebody submitted a movepool that was legal by CAP standards but had 50 Level-Up moves. Could that be justified? Of course not, so what justification is there to have almost three times as many Egg moves as a typical Gen. 6 Pokemon?

For the first couple of CAPs since the release of XY, this was a well-understood limitation of Gen. 6 movepools, but for some reason that was never made clear to me, that notion was completely abandoned during the last Project and hasn't returned. And to be honest, a lot of the moves that are included in these excessive Egg pools offer so little in terms of flavor that it looks like they were added just to inflate the total number of Egg moves, which is baffling to me. And even if the flavor was there, I would still feel compelled to ask the submitters why it was necessary to violate an observable rule of existing movepools when there were zero competitive implications to consider.

As I said, I want to support a number of submissions here but I am hung up on the number of Egg moves included. I don't want this to be a deal-breaker, so I would be interested in either hearing an explanation for this violation of precedent or seeing a drastic reduction in the number of Egg moves in these submissions.

I noticed this as well, but I believe that following limiting precedents like this only detracts from movepools that would otherwise have a little bit of personality that makes them unique and interesting. I think this is worth breaking a precedent over, considering that GameFreak just broke and introduced a new precedent. There's no real need to be scared of doing the same, or turn up our noses because of it.

GameFreak could have limited egg moves to make breeding movesets easier. Or it could be entirely an accident because of the low amount of gen 6 Pokemon there are. Plus, if GameFreak really wanted to make breeding easier, they probably wouldn't have introduced more egg moves onto prior Pokemon, but they did anyways... so...

All in all, it's up to everyone to determine whether or not it's worth it to follow this pattern, or break it.

Final Submission

- Head Smash
- Dig
- Withdraw
- Rollout
5 - Rock Smash
9 - Rock Throw
13 - Sludge
17 - Rock Blast
21 - Mud Shot
25 - Headbutt
29 - Poison Jab
33 - Power Gem
37 - Imprison
41 - Vacuum Wave
45 - Acid Armor
49 - Skull Bash
53 - Flame Burst
57 - Stealth Rock
61 - Mimic
65 - Gunk Shot
69 - Head Smash
It's movepool has some relation to shyness, cremation, and headbutting. Dig, Withdraw, Acid Armor, Imprison, and to an lesser extent, Skull Bash, all relate to it sort of being shy and want to be not seen. Flame Burst is related to cremation, as it looks like a cremation pot it is in. The headbutting theme is related to Headbutt, Skull Bash, and obviously Head Smash, as it can be seen ramming it's head into the opponent. There are other themes, too. There is a slime theme with Acid Armor, Sludge, Acid, and maybe Mud Shot, a rolling thing with Rollout, and a Rock Throwing throwing with Stealth Rock, Rock Blast, Rock Throw, and Power Gem. There is also some other moves like Vacuum Wave and Mimic that have no limit.
TM06 Toxic
TM09 Venoshock
TM10 Hidden Power
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Smack Down
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM34 Sludge Wave
TM36 Sludge Bomb
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM59 Incinerate
TM68 Giga Impact
TM69 Rock Polish
TM71 Stone Edge
TM74 Gyro Ball
TM80 Rock Slide
TM84 Poison Jab
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM89 U-turn
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Secret Power
TM97 Dark Pulse
TM100 Confide
HM06 Rock Smash

Not a whole lot to comment on here. It gets U-Turn from here along with some Poison and Rock moves it doesn't get otherwise plus Incinerate for the cremation theme, but not much else of note.
All egg moves are followed by the current, ORAS only (as in, no cross-gen tutors or TMs) movepools.
Snore (Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Onix, Sudowoodo, Steelix, Nosepass, Probopass, Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Trubbish, Garbodor, Vanillite, Vanillish, Vanilluxe, Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Klefki, Snorunt, Glalie, Froslass, Dwebble, Crustle, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Grimer, Muk, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Koffing, Weezing, Misdreavus, Slugma, Magcargo, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gulpin, Swalot, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops, Chimecho, Drifloon, Drifblim, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Gallade, Dusknoir, Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus, Frillish, Jellicent, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Castform, Shellos, Gastrodon, Stunfisk, Phantump, Trevenant)
Coil (Eelektrik, Eelektross)
Wood Hammer (Sudowoodo, Phantump, Trevenant)
Double-Edge (Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Onix, Sudowoodo, Steelix, Nosepass, Probopass, Chimecho)
Toxic Spikes (Trubbish, Garbodor, Koffing, Weezing, Yamask, Cofagrigus)
Flame Burst (Slugma, Magcargo, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure)
Ancient Power (Slugma, Magcargo)
Low Kick (Sudowoodo, Gallade)
Block (Sudowoodo, Nosepass, Probopass, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Snorunt, Glaile, Dwebble, Crustle, Onix, Steelix, Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Yamask, Cofagrigus, Ferrothorn, Aegislash, Trevenart)
Giga Drain (Grimer, Muk, Gastly, Hauntar, Gengar, Gulpin, Swalot, Trubbish, Garbodor, Frillish, Jellicent, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Eelektrik, Eelektross, Phantump, Trevenant, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist)
Thunder Punch (Dusclops, Dusknoir, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Geodude, Graveler, Golem, Grimer, Muk, Sudowoodo, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Nosepass, Gulpin, Swalot, Gallade, Probopass, Reuniclus)

It's pretty simple. Mostly moves copied over from tutors, TMs, and level-up moves. The only unique ones are Ancient Power, Toxic Spikes, Double-Edge, Coil, and Wood Hammer. 3 of them are required, so it's not much to talk.
Block
Giga Drain
Gunk Shot

Icy Wind
Iron Head
Low Kick
Snatch
Snore
Stealth Rock
Thunder Punch

Trick
Zen Headbutt

Giga Drain is very common on Poison types, so included it here. Iron Head + Zen Headbutt gives it variants of head smacking. Thunder Punch makes a bit sence as it has hands, plus it's the only Punch move it can learn. Gunk Shot, Low Kick, Snore, Trick and Stealth Rock are required, but are all good fitting moves. Snatch brings out a bit of a sneaky nature.
Attract
Confide
Double Team
Facade
Frustration
Giga Impact
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Protect
Rest
Return
Round
Sleep Talk
Substitute
Swagger
Toxic
Head Smash
Gunk Shot
Wood Hammer
Coil
Low Kick
U-turn
Stealth Rock
Trick
Rock Polish
Toxic Spikes
Reflect
Stone Edge
Rock Tomb
Rock Slide
Secret Power
Sandstorm
Smack Down
Sludge Bomb
Venoshock
Thunder Punch
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Dark Pulse
Rock Throw
Rock Smash
Giga Drain
Mud Shot
Snatch
Withdraw
Ancient Power
Rock Blast
Poison Jab
Gyro Ball
Flash Cannon
Acid Armor
Sludge
Rain Dance
Power Gem
Incinerate
Block
Imprison
Grass Knot
Rollout
Mimic
Snore
Zen Headbutt
Headbutt
Skull Bash
Dig
Iron Head
Icy Wind
Flame Burst
Double-Edge
Vacuum Wave

That is almost certainly an interesting movepool you have given it, that is for certain. I am terrible at anything marked flavor discussion, but I do appreciate someone thinking out of the box a little bit.

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
That is almost certainly an interesting movepool you have given it, that is for certain. I am terrible at anything marked flavor discussion, but I do appreciate someone thinking out of the box a little bit.
Thanks for the feedback.

Final Submission

I am not going to explain the required moves as they are required anyway. Also, I apologize that I am not using spoilers, as I don’t know how to make them Fixed. That being said, I am new to this so please let me know if I did anything wrong.

(BOLD = Required)
(Note: I didn’t bother with doing alternate ways to learn move (AKA: Repeats) as it just made things too complicated for me to submit this before the deadline.)
1 – Astonish
1 – Withdraw
1 – Endure
1 – Bide
6 – Headbutt
9 – Switcheroo
12 – Ancient Power
15 – Minimize
18 – Rollout
21 – Teeter Dance
24 – Zen Headbutt
27 – Low Kick
30 – Fake Tears
33 – Dizzy Punch
36 – Yawn
39 – Cross Poison
42 – Iron Head
45 – Stealth Rock
48 – Power Whip
51 – Acid Armor
54 – Gunk Shot
57 – Toxic Spikes
60 – Head Smash

Astonish – Imagine exploring a ruins of an ancient civilization and you find what looks like an antique jar. But then when you try to take it, the jar surprises you by revealing itself to actually be a Crucibelle. This surprise attack fits astonish.

Withdraw & Endure – Crucibelle hides in its jar to protect itself.

Bide – It builds up power while in its jar and pops out and attacks to release the power.

Headbutt, Zen Headbutt, & Iron Head – Crucibelle already has Head Smash so I thought it would be a good idea to give it a variety of headbutting moves and evenly space them in its level up moves. These were 3 that I thought would fit the best for Crucibelle.

Switcheroo – I just want to mention that I chose switcheroo over trick as Crucibelle seems more like a dark type move user rather than a psychic type move user (Trick = Psychic Type, Switcheroo = Dark Type)

Ancient Power – Crucibelle is a rock type that looks like an ancient jar. Seems like enough reason to have ancient power.

Minimize – Crucibelle can minimize it’s size by hiding in the jar.

Rollout – Crucibelle hides in its jar, tips over, and starts rolling.

Teeter Dance & Dizzy Punch – When molding a jar out of clay, you have to spin the jar at high speed and sculpt it with your hands. This concept gave me the idea that Crucibelle could make its jar spin on an axis. Naturally, that reminded me of the confusion status. So, I thought that these 2 moves would be appropriate.

Fake Tears – I believe Yilx mentioned something about Crucibelle staying in its jar due to lack of confidence (correct me if I’m wrong). Combine that with the fact that crucibelle kinda looks like a devious pokemon (at least, that’s how I see it.) I think it would trick others into feeling sorry for it by crying fake tears, only to gain an advantage against them.

Yawn – Another form of its deception. Since Crucibelle is in it’s jar all the time because of it’s lack of confidence, Cruccibelle must feel very comfortable being in it’s jar. I can imagine that crucibelle would feel cozy being in that jar and let out a big yawn. Just seeing that would make me feel tired.

Cross Poison – Standard Poison move

Power Whip – Now this one may seem strange but so is wood hammer. It just didn’t seem right for Crucibelle to have only one grass move that didn’t seem to fit its design. By adding Power Whip, it makes wood hammer seem to stand out less. Besides, who knows what Crucibelle could be hiding inside that jar.

Acid Armor – Crucibelle is made of sludge. Acid armor doesn’t seem too far of a stretch.

(Egg Group: Amorphous)

EGG – Stockpile
EGG – Spit Up
EGG – Swallow
EGG – Coil
EGG – Wood Hammer

EGG – Grudge
EGG – Assurance

Stockpile – Stockpile is putting things into containers. Jars hold things. Seems to work.

Spit up & Swallow – Pokemon with stockpile usually have these moves as well.

Grudge – This pokemon seems like it would be hard to gain its trust. By defeating it, it, you would lose its trust and it would hold a grudge against you for the rest of its life.

Assurance – Crucibelle seems like it would use dark type moves due to its seemingly deceptive look (six skulls on the pot make it seem like a dark type move user). Night Slash didn’t make much sense since it doesn’t have claws so, I choose assurance because of it’s battle animation (Strikes the enemy with the palm of it's hand).

TM06 – Toxic
TM09 – Venoshock
TM10 – Hidden Power
TM15 – Hyper Beam
TM17 – Protect
TM21 – Frustration
TM27 – Return
TM32 – Double Team
TM33 – Reflect

TM36 – Sludge Bomb
TM39 – Rock Tomb
TM41 – Torment
TM42 – Facade
TM44 – Rest
TM45 – Attract
TM48 – Round

TM59 – Incinerate
TM63 – Embargo
TM68 – Giga Impact
TM69 – Rock Polish
TM71 – Stone Edge

TM74 – Gyro Ball
TM80 – Rock Slide
TM84 – Poison Jab
TM87 – Swagger
TM88 – Sleep Talk
TM89 – U-turn
TM90 – Substitute
TM94 – Secret Power
TM100 – Confide

HM06 – Rock Smash

Venoshock, Sludge Bomb, & Poison Jab – Standard poison moves.

Rock Tomb & Rock Slide – Standard Rock Moves

Torment – Another one of Crucibelle’s tricks.

Incinerate – Crucibles are associated with fire so I thought a fire type move would fit. Incinerate seemed to fit the best.

Embargo – Jars hold items so Crucibelle could use a trick to prevent the enemy from using it’s item. Not sure how else to explain this. It feels like it makes sense.

Gyro Ball – A move often used by pokemon known for spinning.

Rock Smash – Added this move due to move correlation.

TUTOR – Snatch
TUTOR – Gastro Acid
TUTOR – Snore
TUTOR – Thunder Punch
TUTOR – Covet

Snatch – Crucibelle seems like it would steal things and put them in its jar. Snatch seems to fit that. it would take the status move from the enemy and use it for itself.

Gastro Acid – Standard poison move.

Thunder Punch – This move adds a bit of variety to Crucibelle’s move pool in terms of typing while not being to far fetched to be possible for Crucibelle to use.

Covet – Like I said with snatch, Crucibelle looks like it would steal things. Covet not only does that, but does it in a way that is a trick (it approaches innocently and steals the foes item when they have their guard down).

TOTAL:
67 moves.

Again, this is my first time doing this so let me know what you all think of this.

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
This was an incredibly tough decision, but my slate is as follows:

Exclaimer
Dogfish44
NumberCruncher
Deck Knight
Korski
Enigami
sparktrain
Da Pizza Man

There was one slate without egg groups and even listed Lando as a breeding partner, so I cut that one. I really liked AkyroTheVoid's choice of moves, but ultimately his lack of repeated moves I felt wasn't something practiced in-game, and so I very sadly had to cut it. Ticktock had some of the shortest reasoning available and left out explanations for some key flavor moves such as Vacuum Wave and Icy Wind; without justification I was left confused by these and a number of other moves. If Ticktock had explained more, then his/her sub might not have been cut. I really liked Waziooi's unique egg groups, and her level up explanation was quite narrative. However, the narrative seemed to me to jump around to Crucibelle being cautious to reckless to back to cautious and so forth almost at random... This is probably a subject call, but I felt the reasoning provided didn't give a clear picture for the moves and their level up pattern. Also, Waziooi listed snore as a TM despite it being a tutor.

That said, even all of the submissions cut and not slated had some great thought put into them; deciding which ones to cut came down to the wire. I really admire the care and effort everyone put into trying to make a legal submission; this alone is no easy task. I hope to see these users and many more submitting in the future : )

Tagging jas61292 for his thoughts.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey everyone. As you may know, my job as TL is a purely competitive one, so unless there is something competitive that I see here that really matters for the slate, I really shouldn't be doing anything. And, well, that is the case here. The movepools themselves are full of interesting reasoning and description, but that is really not something I should be commenting on. Competitively, I believe the differences are all minor and mostly irrelevant, as this stage intends, and so I will be leaving the slate as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)