DOU Doubles OU Winter Seasonal Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard ORAS Doubles OU tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • Every round, I will choose a match (possibly two) as the Highlight Match. If your match is chosen as the highlight match, our commentary crew (Stratos, BLOOD TOTEM, kamikaze) will be commentating your match through the SmogonU Twitch, and it will then be uploaded to Smogon's YouTube. I will contact both players by PM immediately in order to schedule a time. If either player wishes to not be streamed, they may opt out, but let me know quickly, so I can choose someone else to be the highlight match for the week.
  • Because of the nature of the prizes of this tournament, if you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me with probably the neutral assistance from a TD, flips will be made on IRC with the use of wormbot
  • In the event that something is added to or removed from the Doubles OU metagame in the middle of a round, that change will be in effect starting the next round. Doubles Ubers is available as a challenge option if something is banned mid-round.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • HypnoGravity Clause: The move Gravity is banned with all moves that can induce Sleep. I am not 100% sure if this is fully implemented on Pokemon Showdown!, so if it is not and you are found to be using it you will be disqualified and banned from future Circuit events.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Doubles OU' banlist is banned. This is the banlist for Doubles OU:

Winners' Bracket:

Yellow Paint vs Nido-Rus game 1 game 2 game 3
Level 51 vs checkmater75 game 1 game 2 game 3
TDK vs xzern game 1 game 2 game 3
Braverius vs Lasagne game 1 game 2
raikoo vs Oma game 1 game 2
Flame Road vs Lohgock game 1 game 2
iZocker vs CorruptedOmega7 game 1 game 2 game 3
n10sit vs TUO game 1 game 2 game 3

Losers' Bracket:

Dawgie vs Memoric game 1 game 2 game 3
Lord Qwilfish vs DaAwesomeDude1 game 1 game 2
Arcticblast vs KratosMana game 1 game 2
Alice Kazumi vs Stratos game 1 game 2
Yoda2798 vs nvakna game 1 game 2
GiraGoomy vs Chill Shadow game 1 game 2
clius vs thinkin game 1 game 2 game 3
Staxandstax vs Meloettaaa game 1 game 2

Highlight Match: Braverius vs Lasagne
Deadline: 11:59 PM EST Sunday

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

thinkin

Banned deucer.
preety easy set honestly

Doubles OU replay: clius vs. beyonces - Pokémon Showdown
+Stratos: u two are dicks
+Stratos: and thats comin from me so it means a lot
+Stratos: i meant thinkin and killian

edit: lol how do you say you will be welcome here lol you are a fucking nobody, sry i gues for taking a free round pass, its fun when its competitive but when i get a free win oppo why cant i have fun with my friend lol i dont really care. if you dont want to be treated like shit dont be shit.

Last edited:
preety easy set honestly

+Stratos: u two are dicks
+Stratos: and thats comin from me so it means a lot
+Stratos: i meant thinkin and killian
Disregarding the quality of the set (which couldn't have been too easy if you didn't win 2-0), you need to learn how to be a decent fucking human being.
I wasn't going to say anything (since you apologized via pm) but I hope you realize all these players on smogon aren't just opponents you face on ORAS, whose sole purpose is to do nothing but fight you. No matter how competitive these tournaments get, the vast majority of us play this game for fun and to make friends, and you need to learn to adapt if you ever think you'll be welcome here. Here are few things that you can "think" about:

I hope you realize that if I timed out g1 without even making a move, not a single one of the tournament directors would have given you that win. We all have family, and sometimes having an undistracted match is impossible. I waited 15 minutes for you to get your ass ready watching my replays or whatever, and you can't even wait a minute when I go afk. When I requested that you turn off timer, since I came back with just 40 seconds left out of 300, you told me "n, time out please", and "you can set up timer on me next game". I get that you want to win, but what you did just makes you a douche, and you didn't even get a win out of it, so was it really worth it?
g2 you set up timer on me bruh. whatever happened to letting me set the timer lol. Complaining about hax is fine, but you literally missed leech seed and got flinched once, while I missed two diamond storms and two rock slides. Hax happens, just get over it.
g3 How many fucking times can you say eZ? If you're in a winning position eZ just means you're making safe plays and not choking. Also jesus christ can you stop complaining about hax?
after the games you apologized in pm, but then you come on smogon and continue being an asshat.

You won, man. But you also established yourself to be a major dick. Is that anything to be proud of?

thinkin

Banned deucer.
* he
* i dont remember having friends that would fuck me over bcos i messed up a little nobody

Last edited:
tfw someone w/ like 40 posts is apparently somebody enough to just blatantly call someone a nobody

can we mitigate the salt here guys? I mean sure what thinkin did was prob the most dickish thing ive seen in tours ever but we don't really have to discuss that stuff here.

GiraGoomy

when you see a good meme
calling activity on my opp, we scheduled for 10am his time and it is now 10:45am his time. It's getting late for me so yeah.

http://pastebin.com/mLUwDxea - pb of our scheduling on ps

Chill Shadow if you want to try and reschedule then I'm up but I'm out all day tomorrow (sunday) and monday is past the deadline.

yeah i kinda overslept for like 45 mins, ill try my best to play before the deadline, and if it doesnt work i hope we can get monday as an extension, if not, it's totally understandable, definitely my fault.
edit: im available a lot today/sunday

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
rip me ggs.

Happy to get past Round 2 this Seasonals lol, but clearly there's still some room for improvement. Thanks to everybody who helped me with testing and stuff, you know who you are :P.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Caught checkmater online this morning but he said he didn't want to play so I let it slide. I told him I'd stay up until 11pm to get the battle done, which is what time it is now. I'm going to sleep, activity.

edit: turns out checkmater showed up 7 hours late. good thing i didn't stay up, then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)