Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is arguably the easier way to get quint-flawless spreads (when the Pentagon Rule is not in place) - breeding in Gen 6, or RNG breeding in Gen 4 (I can't do Gen 5 at the moment)? It seems like you basically have a 1/6 chance to get your target IVs in Gen 6 (1 in 6 being the chance that 1 IV that is NOT inherited from the flawless parent is in the stat that you don't care about - Attack or Special Attack), while you have to deal with hitting your delay and all in Gen 4.
Too many variables in your question, it depends on what kind of parents you already have, how many egg moves you need to chain together, which 4th gen game you're playing on, how good you are at hitting your delay+frame.

If you've already got 2 flawless parents in 6th gen (only time you've got the 1/6 chance) I would say it is definitely easier, but if you're trying to breed a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Magikarp with a flawless Ditto and the crappiest karp you could find, RNGing on HGSS would probably be faster than constantly replacing with a better parent and hoping for the final 1/12 chance of getting what you want from 4IV+6IV parents.

n.n rattata

Banned deucer.
I'm finally back, and I just got this thing

Tornadus
Nature: Timid
29/31/28/31/31/31

This worth keeping? I mean one point off of defense and HP probably isnt too big of a difference, and Tornadus is frail anyways. The 31 Attack annoys me though.

The big deciding factor though is: Are there any better, free Tornadus going around on Smogon Wifi and the internet in general? If not, I'll keep this and add it to my giveaway when that opens back up.

P.S.: Sorry I havent been around for it, serious family emergency stuff.
Keep. Torn uses knock off & u-turn.

breeding in gen 6 . I can get a 5 iv HA (genders do not matter) in somewhere between 15-30 minutes with in the flawless parents .

since in gen 4 you can't get HA . But there are fews exclusive moves that make 4th gen pokemon viable ( skuntank, skarmory, shiftry) .
I should have mentioned that this is, of course, assuming that your target is possible in 4th gen (no new species, no Hidden Abilities, etc.).

Too many variables in your question, it depends on what kind of parents you already have, how many egg moves you need to chain together, which 4th gen game you're playing on, how good you are at hitting your delay+frame.

If you've already got 2 flawless parents in 6th gen (only time you've got the 1/6 chance) I would say it is definitely easier, but if you're trying to breed a 31/31/31/x/31/31 Magikarp with a flawless Ditto and the crappiest karp you could find, RNGing on HGSS would probably be faster than constantly replacing with a better parent and hoping for the final 1/12 chance of getting what you want from 4IV+6IV parents.
Oh, does the Destiny Knot only guarantee that 5 IVs will be passed down from either of the parents? I thought it caused the 5 to come from the specific parent that was holding it.

Oh, does the Destiny Knot only guarantee that 5 IVs will be passed down from either of the parents? I thought it caused the 5 to come from the specific parent that was holding it.
To answer your second question, that is correct. From both of the parents a mix of 5 IVs will be taken, not just from one or the other. :3

I am looking for the following Pokemon with decent IV's:

Adamant Landorus-T
Jolly Terrakion
Modest Zapdos
Calm Thundurus

I can offer the following for trade:

Raikou|Master Ball|Timid|Pressure|30/8/31/30/31/31|HP:Grass
Heatran|Female|Master Ball|Modest|Flash Fire|31/19/28/31/28/31
Charmander|Male|Pokeball|Modest|Blaze|31/x/31/31/31/31
Rotom|Pokeball|Modest|Levitate|31/x/31/31/31/31
Ralts|Female|Great Ball|Timid|Trace|31/x/31/31/31/31
Scyther|Female|Pokeball|Adamant|Technician|31/31/31/x/31/31
Gastly|Female|Pokeball|Timid|Levitate|31/x/31/31/31/31
Fletchling|Male|Luxury Ball|Adamant|Gale Wings|31/31/31/x/31/31
Swinub|Female|Pokeball|Adamant|Thick Fat|31/31/31/x/31/31|Icicle Crash
Pidgey|Male|Pokeball|Timid|Keen Eye|31/x/31/31/31/31
Honedge|Female|Pokeball|Quiet|No Guard|31/x/31/31/31/0
Gible|Female|Premier Ball|Jolly|Sand Veil|31/31/31/x/31/31
Ferroseed|Female|Pokeball|Brave|Iron Barbs|31/31/31/x/31/0|Leech Seed|Seed Bomb
Milotic|Male|Heal Ball|Modest|Marvel Scale|31/x/31/31/31/31
Pawniard|Female|Pokeball|Adamant|Defiant|31/31/31/x/31/31|Sucker Punch
Marill|Female|Dive Ball|Adamant|Huge Power|31/31/31/x/31/31|Belly Drum|Aqua Jet

I am looking for the following Pokemon with decent IV's:

Adamant Landorus-T
Jolly Terrakion
Modest Zapdos
Calm Thundurus

I can offer the following for trade:

Raikou|Master Ball|Timid|Pressure|30/8/31/30/31/31|HP:Grass
Heatran|Female|Master Ball|Modest|Flash Fire|31/19/28/31/28/31
Charmander|Male|Pokeball|Modest|Blaze|31/x/31/31/31/31
Rotom|Pokeball|Modest|Levitate|31/x/31/31/31/31
Ralts|Female|Great Ball|Timid|Trace|31/x/31/31/31/31
Scyther|Female|Pokeball|Adamant|Technician|31/31/31/x/31/31
Gastly|Female|Pokeball|Timid|Levitate|31/x/31/31/31/31
Fletchling|Male|Luxury Ball|Adamant|Gale Wings|31/31/31/x/31/31
Swinub|Female|Pokeball|Adamant|Thick Fat|31/31/31/x/31/31|Icicle Crash
Pidgey|Male|Pokeball|Timid|Keen Eye|31/x/31/31/31/31
Honedge|Female|Pokeball|Quiet|No Guard|31/x/31/31/31/0
Gible|Female|Premier Ball|Jolly|Sand Veil|31/31/31/x/31/31
Ferroseed|Female|Pokeball|Brave|Iron Barbs|31/31/31/x/31/0|Leech Seed|Seed Bomb
Milotic|Male|Heal Ball|Modest|Marvel Scale|31/x/31/31/31/31
Pawniard|Female|Pokeball|Adamant|Defiant|31/31/31/x/31/31|Sucker Punch
Marill|Female|Dive Ball|Adamant|Huge Power|31/31/31/x/31/31|Belly Drum|Aqua Jet
I SRed this Terrakion yesterday:

Jolly Terrakion 31/31/29/xx/31/31
If you are ok with it. Deposit something on the GTS asking for a level 41-50 Terrakion. VM/PM your ingame name and the pokémon you deposited.

I just got a Registeel Calm 31/17/31/24/31/31 on my AS. I was aiming for a Careful, the problem is I can't have seismic toss on him. Should I toss it?

Smogon set:

Moves: SR | Seismic Toss | Protect | Toxic. Calm Nature.

What I was aiming at

Moves: Rest | Toxic | Iron Head | Curse Careful Nature

I just got a Registeel Calm 31/17/31/24/31/31 on my AS. I was aiming for a Careful, the problem is I can't have seismic toss on him. Should I toss it?

Smogon set:

What I was aiming at

I'd say toss.

Smogon set:

What I was aiming at

Toss

LF: HA Timburr or its evos preferably with a Brave nature but it is fine if the nature isn't exact. IVs don't matter either unless you want to go out of your way, thanks. :3

Additionally, I am going to begin breeding again soon I realized that all this time I haven't even got an oval charm so I am trying to fill out my Pokedex now.
LF:
Swampert
Exploud
Probopass
Magnezone
Roserade
Muk
Igglybuff
Pichu
Wynaut
Wobbuffet
Natu
Donphan
Rhydon
Horsea

I do not need to keep the Pokemon as I am just filling out the dex. I will probably catch/level up some of these myself but to save time I just posted all I am missing here.

Finally, I have another question, Snatch doesn't work on protect/detect right? It seems to work on Spiky Shield and King's Shield (which couldn't block status anyway) according to Bulbapedia but not those two.

Thanks in the advance to those who reply! :3
Bump to a new page! :3

Last edited:
Jolly Azelf 8-9/30-31/30-31/8-9/30-31/30-31 Keep?

Set: Explosion / Taunt / SR / Knock Off @ Focus Sash
You really should check for exact IVs, especially Speed in this case, before posting these questions.

It could be good enough for personal use, if you want to play that set. Trade value will be limited.

If the Speed is 30, toss it and never look back.

You really should check for exact IVs, especially Speed in this case, before posting these questions.

It could be good enough for personal use, if you want to play that set. Trade value will be limited.

If the Speed is 30, toss it and never look back.
Sorry I will do that in the future, exact IVs checked using the IV checker + a calculator: 8/31/31/X/31/31.

This was the first Azelf that I caught, I didnt even reset once. O.O I guess its a keep, I have focus sash on the set so I guess that HP wont affect me much

Last edited:
Sorry I will do that in the future, exact IVs checked using the IV checker + a calculator: 8/31/31/X/31/31.
I'm not familiar with any Gen VI metagames where Azelf is actually used, so take this with a grain of salt. If you just want it as a dedicated lead for your team and are not motivated to commit to this hunt, it might be good enough to keep.

Be aware that you're accepting something like this though:

your Azelf
252+ Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Azelf: 245-290 (91 - 107.8%) -- approx. 43.8% chance to OHKO

31/31/31/xx/31/31 Azelf
252+ Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Azelf: 245-290 (83.9 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

calcs @ level 100

Last edited:

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Probably a stupid question, but googling didn't find me the answer.

If you breed Imposter dittos together, does the HA pass down? I assume no because genderless but I'd like to be 100% before I go DexNaving

Probably a stupid question, but googling didn't find me the answer.

If you breed Imposter dittos together, does the HA pass down? I assume no because genderless but I'd like to be 100% before I go DexNaving
Ditto cannot breed with other Ditto. There are no Ditto eggs.

Still looking for a female, Slowpoke/bro spitback with Regenerator in a cool ball like Dream, or Heal ball. Anyone has one?

Jolly Azelf 8-9/30-31/30-31/8-9/30-31/30-31 Keep?

Set: Explosion / Taunt / SR / Knock Off @ Focus Sash
This is late. But you should really really toss that. Even if you run the focus sash set you may decide in the long run that you may have wanted an azelf with way better IV's. You should never keep a pokemon with 8 hp when resetting. The hp is the first stat you get to check before you check the rest. If the hp is not 29 or above it's an auto toss in my book. I don't even look at the rest of the stats.

This is late. But you should really really toss that. Even if you run the focus sash set you may decide in the long run that you may have wanted an azelf with way better IV's. You should never keep a pokemon with 8 hp when resetting. The hp is the first stat you get to check before you check the rest. If the hp is not 29 or above it's an auto toss in my book. I don't even look at the rest of the stats.
Too late already saved x.x. The azelf is almost perfect, I'm running a suicide lead so I don't really care about the HP. It has 8/31/31/X/31/31 IVs cant toss this beautiful Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)