Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I doubt it'll be anything for Pokemon XY2/Z, Pokemon Company just made a 20th Anniversary trailer announcing upcoming stuff and if XY2/Z was going to be announced now it would have been in that video. At most we'll get more movie/anime news which may reveal more information about Zygarde's formes.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The leaks probably should have happened by now.

Best we're getting (if anything) is stuff for Pokken and maybe some extraneous info concerning the various announcements we just got today.

I'm just gonna simmer here quietly in the corner keeping my hopes really, really low so that any news is good news.

Thus, my prediction: Superbowl ad is merely the original Pokemon GO trailer, with the month of release named, and it follows up with an announcement that a Pikachu Libre amiibo is now available. But only in selected Gamestops and only in the US.

Corocoro then reveals an exclusive-to-Japan pink-gold Pikachu Pop-Star amiibo, and a new XYZ anime character who is probably a Zinnia expy. And then I cry a little.

No one else finds it odd that at the end of 2016, ALL known Pokemon will be able to be obtained either by playing XY, ORAS or through various mystery gifts?

This is the very first time that all obtainable Pokemon have been able to be obtained legally within its own generation, hasn't it (without trading from previous generations)?

I'm still operating under the theory that there isn't another game that has been created for this generation.

Why else would all Pokemon be obtainable with the current four games this generation?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
No one else finds it odd that at the end of 2016, ALL known Pokemon will be able to be obtained either by playing XY, ORAS or through various mystery gifts?

This is the very first time that all obtainable Pokemon have been able to be obtained legally within its own generation, hasn't it?

I'm still operating under the theory that there isn't another game that has been created for this generation.

Why else would all Pokemon be obtainable with the current four games this generation?
Why would they wait until the third version to make all Pokémon obtainable? Doing it this way round makes way more sense because it allows for way more liberty in teambuilding for the VGCs. Waiting until the third version to make everything accessible sounds dumb to me.

Why would they wait until the third version to make all Pokémon obtainable? Doing it this way round makes way more sense because it allows for way more liberty in teambuilding for the VGCs. Waiting until the third version to make everything accessible sounds dumb to me.
My whole point was... Maybe there isn't a third version at all.

This is the very first time that all obtainable Pokemon have been able to be obtained legally within its own generation, hasn't it (without trading from previous generations)?

Well, this was true in other generations too. In particular only Gens II and V didn't really give out every available Pokemon via one way or another. Why should Gen VI be like those two?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Well that pentagon status sort of forced them to release all Pokemon again as Celever pointed out. Previous gens you were essentially just told to send your Pokemon up through the games, but for XY if you want to use them in competitions you need the Legendaries rereleased. Also I think they're preparing for a generation lock out. It may not happen for the next generation or the one after that, but eventually they're going to stop supporting Pokemon Bank and when they do they're also going to stop allowing you to transfer your Pokemon from Gen V to Gen VI. By having all Pokemon obtainable in Gen VI every player will at least be able to get the normal Pokemon they want.

It doesn't mean there won't be a XY2/Z though, technically they didn't need to make a HGSS since by then every Pokemon was obtainable in someway but they made a HGSS because they wanted to (and knew it would make them tons of money, however you can also tell they had a lot of passion in making the game).

Agree with all of the above. I'd just like to see more evidence of a Z version before I get my hopes up. If you look at the release dates off all previous games (I looked at NA releases since that's where I live), the longest gap between an original release and a third version was 24.5 months from RS release until Emerald came out. If there was a Z version, I would expect that it would have been at least announced by now, given that it will be 24 months since its release coming up in 9 months.

RB:
September 28th, 1998

Yellow:
October 1st, 1999

GS:
October 15, 2000

Crystal:
July 29, 2001

RS:
April 19, 2003

Emerald:
May 1, 2005

DP:
April 22, 2007

Platinum:
March 22, 2009

HGSS:
March 14, 2010

BW:
March 6, 2011

B2W2:
October 7, 2012

XY:
October 12, 2013

ORAS:
November 21, 2014

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Well that pentagon status sort of forced them to release all Pokemon again as Celever pointed out. Previous gens you were essentially just told to send your Pokemon up through the games, but for XY if you want to use them in competitions you need the Legendaries rereleased. Also I think they're preparing for a generation lock out. It may not happen for the next generation or the one after that, but eventually they're going to stop supporting Pokemon Bank and when they do they're also going to stop allowing you to transfer your Pokemon from Gen V to Gen VI. By having all Pokemon obtainable in Gen VI every player will at least be able to get the normal Pokemon they want.

It doesn't mean there won't be a XY2/Z though, technically they didn't need to make a HGSS since by then every Pokemon was obtainable in someway but they made a HGSS because they wanted to (and knew it would make them tons of money, however you can also tell they had a lot of passion in making the game).
Bank was explicitly stated to last for many years and support upcoming games. They're not doing a lockout.

Bank was explicitly stated to last for many years and support upcoming games. They're not doing a lockout.
Well no, of course not any time soon; but due to being internet-based it will happen eventually and hence transferring Pokémon up will hence eventually be impossible.

Also I can't believe people are doubting this gen'll have a third game lmao I mean come on

There's one very good reason to believe that we will get Z this year. Short of allowing Mythicals or removing the Pentagon Rule, there is pretty much no further change they could make to the VGC ruleset for 2017.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Would be funny-sad if the next new games were Gen1 remakes or gen1 related, because you can't have your money back from ordering the special RBY 2DS or RB new 3DS.

I'd rather not have a RBY remake. It already had a remake, we don't need another one. Maybe for the next Nintendo console, but not in the 3DS lifetime.
Well, considering that the RGB remakes were from the GBA era, I'm not sure why another set of Kanto remakes for the 3DS would be any more controversial than a set of remakes for the NDX. We're twelve years out from FRLG, after all, while they were released about eight years after the originals.

While I personally would probably enjoy RGB remakes in the modern era, I'd have to say that the VC re-releases probably qualify enough as remakes that the production of modern remasters would probably be put off for a few years at least, if they intend to make them at all. Beyond third versions, it is very unlikely that we'll see a repeating story within the same generation, after all. I'd also predict that we'll probably get VC re-releases GSC and RSE before we get remakes of HGSS and ORAS, as well.

Well, considering that the RGB remakes were from the GBA era, I'm not sure why another set of Kanto remakes for the 3DS would be any more controversial than a set of remakes for the NDX. We're twelve years out from FRLG, after all, while they were released about eight years after the originals.

While I personally would probably enjoy RGB remakes in the modern era, I'd have to say that the VC re-releases probably qualify enough as remakes that the production of modern remasters would probably be put off for a few years at least, if they intend to make them at all. Beyond third versions, it is very unlikely that we'll see a repeating story within the same generation, after all. I'd also predict that we'll probably get VC re-releases GSC and RSE before we get remakes of HGSS and ORAS, as well.
I think they'll go through remakes before second round remakes though. Gold/Silver and now Ruby/Sapphire got remakes so it looks like it'll be Diamond/Pearl remakes before another Green/Red remake. Also like you said VC releases of RBY seem to support that another remake isn't in the card for now.

I think they'll go through remakes before second round remakes though. Gold/Silver and now Ruby/Sapphire got remakes so it looks like it'll be Diamond/Pearl remakes before another Green/Red remake. Also like you said VC releases of RBY seem to support that another remake isn't in the card for now.
Under that logic we will most likely never get gen one remakes again because the remakes are coming out slightly slower then the new generations. FR/LG have less updated mechanics than D/P, and therefor should come before them in a remake. I'd go G1--->G4--->G2---->G5. I mean, you can't even do the gen one story without a Special or Physical split....

Under that logic we will most likely never get gen one remakes again because the remakes are coming out slightly slower then the new generations. FR/LG have less updated mechanics than D/P, and therefor should come before them in a remake. I'd go G1--->G4--->G2---->G5. I mean, you can't even do the gen one story without a Special or Physical split....
So the trend so far has been G1 -> G2 -> G3/G1 -> G4/G2 -> G5 -> G6/G3. So will it be G7/G1/G4 or G7/G1 then G8/G4? Then eventually you'll get something like G9/G3/G6 or G12/G4 and G13/G7, then will it be time to remake G1 again? (what's the limit for remakes?) I mean it'd probably be profitable for GF but at some point I'd probably start to skip buying games due to the number of releases. Also making so many games in a short time will reduce quality so we'd see bigger distances between generations or crappier games. Just skeptical the logistics would work. For me personally, I'm just fine with a solid new gen with solid new content and a good remake rather than a bunch of remakes.

Also once I finish the game I find in the post game there's very little difference between the remake and the gen. X/Y had friend safari and ORAS didn't but they're pretty much the same postgame.

So the trend so far has been G1 -> G2 -> G3/G1 -> G4/G2 -> G5 -> G6/G3. So will it be G7/G1/G4 or G7/G1 then G8/G4? Then eventually you'll get something like G9/G3/G6 or G12/G4 and G13/G7, then will it be time to remake G1 again? (what's the limit for remakes?) I mean it'd probably be profitable for GF but at some point I'd probably start to skip buying games due to the number of releases. Also making so many games in a short time will reduce quality so we'd see bigger distances between generations or crappier games. Just skeptical the logistics would work. For me personally, I'm just fine with a solid new gen with solid new content and a good remake rather than a bunch of remakes.

Also once I finish the game I find in the post game there's very little difference between the remake and the gen. X/Y had friend safari and ORAS didn't but they're pretty much the same postgame.
That is just the order of remakes. By no means would I want them to do more than one set of remakes a generation. So you should never get to have three games at once, but you should be remaking the game that is the most outdated mechanic wise, which is gen one at this point. I fully expect gen seven before a gen one remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)