Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
  1. The ability to delete folders in teambuilder.
  2. Maybe it would be more efficient or easier if the commands /roomauth and /userauth could be shortened to /ra and /ua.
  3. Allowing RO's to add/remove room aliases. Only leaders and admins can do that, but it would be easier if the RO could do that since, well, they own the room.
I doubt the 3rd is ever going to happen. Leaders know all private and hidden rooms and some aliases are taken. If an RO would change the alias to a two letter one, it could be taken by a different room, and technically leaking it.

To put it in context and a bit of background, I usually play random battles only.

When downloading a replay as a html file, Pokemon team, stats, abilites, EVs, IVs and movesets etc should also be downloaded. It's relatively small sized data but really relevant. This way, one can figure out what went wrong and stuff.

When you try and see the opponent's Pokemon (hover the mouse over it), only the min-max speed is visible. Other min-max stats should be visible too.

Random battles should have separate tiers too. Example, random OU should ban Blaziken, etc. Or at least give both players Pokemon of generally equal power.

Lastly, Thanks, guys, you do an awesome job with PS. It got me back into Pokemon after a long time of inactivity.

Raven

Esto es el fin.
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Random battles should have separate tiers too. Example, random OU should ban Blaziken, etc. Or at least give both players Pokemon of generally equal power.
This is currently implemented under the name "Battle Factory"; give it a try!

As an aside, higher tier Pokémon have lower levels in normal random battle, and level balancing is used instead of tiers to approximate stat balance.

Glad you're enjoying Showdown!

When you try and see the opponent's Pokemon (hover the mouse over it), only the min-max speed is visible. Other min-max stats should be visible too.
Actually, all stats are known exactly in randbats.
Each Pokémon has 85 evs in each stat and a neutral nature, so if the mouse-over knew it was for a random battle it could display the exact speed stat.
You can calculate it in your battle, for example
Code:
/statcalc 85evs level77 heatran speed
Source: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue35/randbats-expert

The formula is
Code:
( (ivs + 2 * base + evs / 4) * level ) / 100 + 5,
rounded down, for any stat but hp. Add 100 to ivs and replace +5 with +10 for hp.

Source: https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Sh...ab6c08449e828f18c7/chat-plugins/info.js#L1935

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Okay. Here's the room Heatah Fajita's battle type suggestion:

8mm.

8mm would be a meta where a Pokémon would be able to use 8 moves in its set. It would only be available on Showdown!, obviously, as otherwise you would have to hack Pokémon in on the games, but it'd be cool. Here are the rules:

-Standard OU Clauses.

-Shadow Tag is unbanned.

-Aegislash & Deoxys-Defense are unbanned.

-Dragonite is banned.

Now, the way you get a Pokémon with 8 moves is simple; click import, and, well, add more moves that the Pokémon can learn. Like this:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Instead of this:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

All credit to the Heatah Fajita 8mm Council: Xrn476, daburgerking, SuperEpicAmpharos, Docter_DraX, and amazing username. For more information, ask them. I hope this tier is considered, and I hope it will have a seperate API with room for 8 moves if you select 8mm in the Format Box.
The OMs subforum would have been the better place to put this, and you would need approval to post a thread there. Most likely it would be turned down though due to basically being an expansion on 6 move battling which already exists there, but you're more than welcome to make a thread in OM submissions in order to see if it can get accepted. No guarantee it will go on the main server at any point though.

The OMs subforum would have been the better place to put this, and you would need approval to post a thread there. Most likely it would be turned down though due to basically being an expansion on 6 move battling which already exists there, but you're more than welcome to make a thread in OM submissions in order to see if it can get accepted. No guarantee it will go on the main server at any point though.
Okay, moved.

I'd like the option to choose what music you use for battle. Just like when you do online battles in XYORAS. Imagine choosing Zinnia, Maxie/Archie or even Wally's battle theme for battles in Showdown.

So when I play competitively (regardless of tier,) it's always nice to have 0 Attack IVs on my special attackers to limit the amount of damage confusion and Foul Play do. Personally, I think it would be cool to have a feature or better yet, built in command, saying basically, "If Pokemon does not have a physical attack, then give this Pokemon 0 Attack IVs." Thanks :)

For another suggestion if its not there already, I'd also love the option to be able to battle against teams you made using team builder. controlled by cpu of course. Same thing with tag battles where you can choose a team you made yourself.

Would it be possible to have the recent name color update only applied when dark mode is turned on? I have heard numerous complaints about the color update over the last few days and I personally think that it is silly for a user's experience to be affected by the addition of an option regardless of if they use it or not.

Currently team builder looks awful if you're using it while being in no rooms, because if you leave the all rooms the team builder doesn't adjust its formatting/ layout to fill in the dead space where rooms normally go. Can we have it so if you open team builder while in no rooms it re-sizes to get rid of dead space? At the moment less then half the space is actually being used in team builder like this.

theres any intention to implement a "select a music" option during battles ? i really would love to battle with champion / elite four / gym leaders theme musics from all generations (That Red theme !)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'd like the option to choose what music you use for battle. Just like when you do online battles in XYORAS. Imagine choosing Zinnia, Maxie/Archie or even Wally's battle theme for battles in Showdown.
theres any intention to implement a "select a music" option during battles ? i really would love to battle with champion / elite four / gym leaders theme musics from all generations (That Red theme !)
We're limited in the music we can add because it costs money to provide it

We're limited in the music we can add because it costs money to provide it
so... why dont implement music selection with the current available musics ?
and i think the smogon team could easily get money to update the list of musics with a simple crowdfunding =]

You can always mute the volume on PS! and open up youtube and play an e4/gym leader song on there :]

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope this is the right place.

Can we please STOP with the air balloon Rotom-S on Random Battles?

It was cute and funny when Showdown was first starting out, there were lots of other crappy randbat sets, and no one took rand bats seriously--and yes, we still shouldn't--but Randbats is the most frequently played ladder, with sets that are increasingly more competent, and often an intro to competitive play for beginning players.

The majority of Pokemon have useful sets, and are to be considered carefully in their use; but every time I get a Rotom-S it just deflates the enjoyment of playing. When everything else has competent sets, 1 joke one isn't funny, it's just distracting and takes away from the experience.

Would it be possible to have an option for the "Ignore Specators" and "Ignore Opponent" buttons to be turned on by default? I'd like to not have to check those for every battle I get into.

So having talked in a fairly friendly manner to several users I was wandering if a basic friends list could be a future possibility?

Currently I have a sticker with these users names but it would be really cool if you could keep a friends list with an online/offline clearly visible so you can know if they are there. Just my 2 cents.

Also just wanted to say that outside of minor improvements I love the site, keep up the good work :)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Balloon Rotom-Fan is my bro. It's hardly any worse than getting Life Orb on random shit I don't want to have it (bulky things who do crappy damage regardless, stuff with mostly utility attacks) or what have you. Bad sets, bad abilities, bad items happen all the time in randbats, what's one mediocre mon getting effectively "no item" matter in the grand scheme of things? For what it's worth, it's not technically useless either considering Mold Breaker.

Personally, I'd rather get rid of Flying Gem Acrobatics since Flying Gem isn't even a real (obtainable) item in Gen 6. Either do away with Acrobatics sets or give Acrobatics mons no item (or at least an easily consumed one like Sitrus Berry) to take advantage of the move's damage boost, no more of the "sets you can't even use in the actual game" thing.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
There are no ways to play outdated OMOTM's on the main server, so I think that challenging people to outdated OMOTM's such as 350 Cup and No Guard Galaxy (similar to how you can challenge people to Custom Battles and such) would be a good addition to PS!. Another option, would be to have more advanced Custom Battles, where you can select the clauses yourself (I understand if this would be rejected though, because of all the redesign that would have to be done).

I know about the side server where you can do that, but it would be more accessible if people could just challenge each other on the main server.

I'd think it would be cool if the /showjoins command's displayed names would also allow the standard profile pop-ups to be viewable upon clicking on them. This would make it easier to simply click on names of people who have left the room but are still online- and message them.

I'd also say that showjoins is useful enough for it to be a possible option in the settings? but that's a bit of a digression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)